|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Slocum also taught the islanders about which of the following:
2. What was the fattest animal on the island?
3. What treat did Slocum share with the island children?
(c) Blackberry jam.
4. The Queen on Thursday Island was celebrating her 22nd ____ Jubilee.
5. Who attempted to calm the people about Slocum's presence?
(d) Harbor Master.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many wise men approached Slocum hoping to learn that the world was really flat?
2. The man routinely preached about ______.
3. The town would eventually become known as the site of a ______.
4. How many head teachers were greeted by Slocum?
5. Slocum docked in which port?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe at least one incident in which money was given to support Slocum's journey.
2. How did the people of Mauritius celebrate the arrival of Slocum and the Spray?
3. Where did the Spray land in South Africa? Who did Slocum meet there?
4. What did Slocum do while out on the ocean for such long stretches of time?
5. In chapter 12, the author talks about spending a lot of time in various ports. Discuss the stops and how they relate to Slocum's long stretches of time spent on the sea.
6. Discuss Slocum's stay on Thursday Island. Why was Slocum's presence so important?
7. What was Slocum's opinion of the area?
8. While on Samoa, Slocum played host to a number of people. List at least one of the instances.
9. What was Slocum's final comment on the islands?
10. The Spray's next port was on the island of Rodriguez. Explain the expectation of Slocum's arrival.
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)