|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the islands described by Slocum at this part in the journey?
2. Slocum was pleased to introduce the islanders to which of the following:
3. At which port did Slocum receive a warm welcome and special visit?
4. How many wise men approached Slocum hoping to learn that the world was really flat?
5. Which of the following is the religious figure mentioned in the text?
Short Answer Questions
1. Slocum was surprised to receive a ____ pound note from a woman who felt sympathy for the sailor.
2. What is the name of the king's daughter?
3. Slocum says that he had _____ to keep him company.
4. According to a quote on page 221, Slocum refers to the islanders as being as _______ as possible.
5. What word did Slocum use to describe Keeling Cocos?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)