|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Slocum was thrilled to know that he was in the same area that had been inhabited by which of the following?
(a) The Howells.
(b) Swiss Family Robinson.
(c) Dr. Livingston.
(d) Robinson Crusoe.
2. Which of the following is the religious figure mentioned in the text?
3. What type of bird greeted Slocum as he approached Keeling Cocos?
4. The celebration was planned in whose honor?
5. The item built by the islanders was placed in which location?
(a) Governor's mansion.
(b) Snug Bay.
(c) Main cove.
(d) Opera House.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attempted to calm the people about Slocum's presence?
2. How many female students accompanied the teachers?
3. What was the name of the king Slocum met while in Apia?
4. The man routinely preached about ______.
5. While Slocum was in the port, he had the opportunity to meet Mr. A. _____, father of the late princess of Manua.
Short Essay Questions
1. The Spray's next port was on the island of Rodriguez. Explain the expectation of Slocum's arrival.
2. What was Slocum's opinion of the area?
3. Examine Slocum's first interaction with the children of the island.
4. What did Slocum do while out on the ocean for such long stretches of time?
5. Aside from the King, Slocum met other people from royal families. Discuss the meeting with Mr. A. Young.
6. Slocum details his arrival in Port Denison. Explain the port and its surrounding area.
7. What was Slocum's opinion of Samoa? How did Slocum attempt to repay kindnesses?
8. What was Slocum's final comment on the islands?
9. Where did the Spray land in South Africa? Who did Slocum meet there?
10. Discuss Slocum's arrival on the Keeling Cocos Islands. What was Slocum's first sign that he was getting close?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)