|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Slocum leave for his trip around the world?
2. What adjective is used to describe Slocum's friend the captain?
3. The man was which type of captain?
(c) Coast Guard.
4. What word does Slocum use to describe Fuego?
5. Slocum was offered a job aboard the experimental gunboat called:
6. Where did Slocum's grandfather work?
7. What was the name of the boat that wrecked shortly before Slocum's arrival?
8. Where is Slocum at the beginning of chapter 6?
9. What item did savages steal from Slocum?
(c) Fishing equipment.
10. Slocum's issues with thieves continued. The author points out an attack with a _____ arrow.
11. On what date did the Spray leave Buenos Aires?
(a) December 1.
(b) September 6.
(c) January 26.
(d) May 31.
12. Which was not one of Slocum's boats?
(a) Southern Cross.
(c) Northern Light.
13. Slocum was pleased to be able to make an excursion to which major metropolitan city?
(d) Buenos Aires.
14. Just outside of Port Angosto, Slocum was greeted by which of the following:
(c) Island women.
15. After the encounter, Slocum docks at which location?
(a) Three Cove Island.
(b) Snug Bay.
(c) Bay of Fundy.
(d) Three Sisters Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a williwaw?
2. What is the name of the ship Slocum passed early on in the voyage?
3. What group of Indians chased the Spray in the Bay?
4. The boat was how many feet in length?
5. What is the name of the province where Slocum was born?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)