|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Slocum referred to which famous Pilgrim?
2. What was the name of the capital?
3. What group of islands did Slocum reach in July?
4. Just outside of Port Angosto, Slocum was greeted by which of the following:
(d) Island women.
5. Slocum was pleased when he was able to visit with the crew of which passing ship?
(c) Northern Light.
6. What is the capital of the province where the Slocums lived?
7. By this time, Slocum was celebrating which major holiday?
(a) Memorial Day.
(d) Fourth of July.
8. Slocum was offered a job aboard the experimental gunboat called:
9. What gift did the captain present to Slocum?
(a) Carpet tacks.
(c) Salted cod.
(d) Fresh water.
10. On the first leg of the trip, Slocum sailed from Boston to which of the following locations?
(d) Cape Horn.
11. What was the name of the captain who made Slocum an offer he couldn't refuse?
12. What caused Slocum to vary his course?
(c) Broken mast.
13. After the encounter, Slocum docks at which location?
(a) Snug Bay.
(b) Three Cove Island.
(c) Three Sisters Island.
(d) Bay of Fundy.
14. The man was which type of captain?
(c) Coast Guard.
15. What word does Slocum use to describe the boat's pace at this point?
Short Answer Questions
1. What item did savages steal from Slocum?
2. In what year did Slocum buy the boat from the captain?
3. What was the name of the captain who went on the trip with Slocum?
4. What location was Slocum approaching when he just missed a shipwreck?
5. What is the name of Joshua Slocum's sister?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)