|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Slocum when he encountered another captain?
(a) Cape Cod.
(b) Cape Forward.
(c) Cape Horn.
(d) Cape May.
2. Slocum was offered a job aboard the experimental gunboat called:
3. Which is not listed as being one of the authors read by Slocum?
4. What location was Slocum approaching when he just missed a shipwreck?
5. What type of tree was prevalent around the Slocum house?
6. The crew gave Slocum a gift of milk and ______.
7. What previous trick had Slocum used to confuse Black Pedro?
(a) Changing clothes.
(b) Welcoming him aboard.
(c) Firing into the water.
(d) Switching directions.
8. Slocum was pleased to be able to make an excursion to which major metropolitan city?
(b) Buenos Aires.
9. What word does Slocum use to describe Fuego?
10. What was the name of the boat purchased from the captain?
(b) Northern Light.
(d) Aurora Borealis.
11. On what date did Slocum leave Port Tamar?
(a) March 3.
(b) February 23.
(c) July 4.
(d) April 16.
12. What gift did the captain present to Slocum?
(b) Fresh water.
(c) Carpet tacks.
(d) Salted cod.
13. What was the official occupation of John Slocum?
(c) Leather worker.
14. Slocum referred to which famous Pilgrim?
15. What caused Slocum to vary his course?
(d) Broken mast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the bay that was located nearby?
2. What was the name of the first boat co-owned by Slocum?
3. Which was not one of Slocum's boats?
4. Slocum had always longed to be a:
5. Eventually, Slocum managed to right his course and navigate through which Channel?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)