|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date did the Spray leave Buenos Aires?
(a) May 31.
(b) September 6.
(c) January 26.
(d) December 1.
2. What location was Slocum approaching when he just missed a shipwreck?
3. What was the name of the captain who went on the trip with Slocum?
4. After leaving the Channel, Slocum was on course as he traveled through which Strait?
5. What was the name of the capital?
6. In what year did Slocum buy the boat from the captain?
7. How much would it have cost Slocum to join the union to work at the shipyard?
8. What was the name of the first boat co-owned by Slocum?
(b) Northern Light.
9. Slocum had always longed to be a:
(b) Master shipbuilder.
10. Slocum also comments on a natural phenomenon known as a:
(a) Dog ear.
(b) Cat's paw.
(c) Gator nose.
(d) Pig foot.
11. What type of wood did Slocum use to repair the Spray?
12. Which is not listed as being one of the authors read by Slocum?
13. The crew gave Slocum a gift of milk and ______.
14. Where did Slocum's grandfather work?
15. What color are the hills of the next island approached by the Spray?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the bay that was located nearby?
2. On the first leg of the trip, Slocum sailed from Boston to which of the following locations?
3. The boat was how many feet in length?
4. Slocum was pleased to be able to make an excursion to which major metropolitan city?
5. Slocum details his experiences with a civilized little _____.
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)