|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an adjective used by Slocum to describe his people?
2. After leaving Port Tamar, Slocum guided the Spray to which location?
(a) Cape of Good Hope.
(b) Cape Hatteras.
(c) Cape Pillar.
(d) Cape George.
3. Slocum also comments on a natural phenomenon known as a:
(a) Cat's paw.
(b) Pig foot.
(c) Dog ear.
(d) Gator nose.
4. Slocum had always longed to be a:
(d) Master shipbuilder.
5. Just outside of Port Angosto, Slocum was greeted by which of the following:
(b) Island women.
6. What word does Slocum use to describe Fuego?
7. Who/what is Juan Fernandez?
(c) Coffee grower.
8. On what date did Slocum leave Port Tamar?
(a) April 16.
(b) February 23.
(c) March 3.
(d) July 4.
9. What previous trick had Slocum used to confuse Black Pedro?
(a) Changing clothes.
(b) Firing into the water.
(c) Welcoming him aboard.
(d) Switching directions.
10. What is the capital of the province where the Slocums lived?
11. By this time, Slocum was celebrating which major holiday?
(a) Fourth of July.
(c) Memorial Day.
12. What is the name of the valley visible from the Slocum house?
(a) Cape May.
13. What word does Slocum use to describe the boat's pace at this point?
14. Slocum says his father could make anything as long as he had which of the following:
15. What gift did the captain present to Slocum?
(a) Fresh water.
(b) Salted cod.
(d) Carpet tacks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Slocum was pleased when he was able to visit with the crew of which passing ship?
2. What was the name of the man who led the pirates?
3. What was the name of the first boat co-owned by Slocum?
4. What was the name of the bay that was located nearby?
5. Where did Slocum's grandfather work?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)