|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What group of Indians chased the Spray in the Bay?
2. On what date did Slocum leave Port Tamar?
(a) April 16.
(b) July 4.
(c) March 3.
(d) February 23.
3. Slocum referred to which famous Pilgrim?
4. What gift did the captain present to Slocum?
(b) Salted cod.
(c) Carpet tacks.
(d) Fresh water.
5. Slocum had always longed to be a:
(a) Master shipbuilder.
6. Which of the following is not an adjective used by Slocum to describe his people?
7. What was the name of the man who led the pirates?
(a) Captain Bligh.
(c) Black Pedro.
8. Eventually, Slocum managed to right his course and navigate through which Channel?
9. What is the capital of the province where the Slocums lived?
10. What word does Slocum use to describe Fuego?
11. What location was Slocum approaching when he just missed a shipwreck?
12. What item did savages steal from Slocum?
(c) Fishing equipment.
13. Where was Slocum when he encountered another captain?
(a) Cape Cod.
(b) Cape Forward.
(c) Cape Horn.
(d) Cape May.
14. How much would it have cost Slocum to join the union to work at the shipyard?
15. What adjective best describes the Brits' attitude toward Slocum?
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving the Channel, Slocum was on course as he traveled through which Strait?
2. Which of the following began to become an issue for Slocum?
3. After the encounter, Slocum docks at which location?
4. What is the name of Joshua Slocum's sister?
5. What is the name of the province where Slocum was born?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)