|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the boat purchased from the captain?
(c) Aurora Borealis.
(d) Northern Light.
2. Just outside of Port Angosto, Slocum was greeted by which of the following:
(d) Island women.
3. What is bacalhao?
4. What was the name of the boat that wrecked shortly before Slocum's arrival?
5. What was the name of Slocum's old adversary?
(a) De Mello.
(c) Van Sant.
(d) Van Pelt.
6. Where is Slocum at the beginning of chapter 6?
7. The crew gave Slocum a gift of milk and ______.
8. What adjective is used to describe Slocum's friend the captain?
9. Slocum says his father could make anything as long as he had which of the following:
10. In what year did Slocum buy the boat from the captain?
11. What group of Indians chased the Spray in the Bay?
12. What adjective best describes the Brits' attitude toward Slocum?
13. What word does Slocum use to describe Fuego?
14. Just around this time Slocum has his first real encounter with which of the following:
(b) Sea sickness.
(d) Ice storms.
15. Slocum would eventually follow the route of which famous explorer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What group of islands did Slocum reach in July?
2. What was the name of the man who led the pirates?
3. What location was Slocum approaching when he just missed a shipwreck?
4. What previous trick had Slocum used to confuse Black Pedro?
5. Which of the following is not an adjective used by Slocum to describe his people?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)