|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who/what is Juan Fernandez?
(c) Coffee grower.
2. What is the name of the province where Slocum was born?
(c) British Columbia.
(d) Nova Scotia.
3. Which of the following is not an adjective used by Slocum to describe his people?
4. On what date did the Spray leave Buenos Aires?
(a) September 6.
(b) May 31.
(c) January 26.
(d) December 1.
5. What was the name of the captain who went on the trip with Slocum?
6. What type of wood did Slocum use to repair the Spray?
7. Slocum recalls receiving a warm welcome when he arrived at which location?
(b) Cape of Good Hope.
8. What is the name of the ship Slocum passed early on in the voyage?
9. What was the name of the boat purchased from the captain?
(a) Aurora Borealis.
(b) Northern Light.
10. The boat was how many feet in length?
11. What was the name of the capital?
12. What group of islands did Slocum reach in July?
13. Slocum was pleased when he was able to visit with the crew of which passing ship?
(a) Northern Light.
14. Eventually, Slocum managed to right his course and navigate through which Channel?
15. What is a williwaw?
(c) Rain coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Slocum's old adversary?
2. What is bacalhao?
3. The man was which type of captain?
4. What was the name of the man who led the pirates?
5. After leaving the Channel, Slocum was on course as he traveled through which Strait?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)