|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is bacalhao?
2. In what city did the captain live?
3. In what year did Slocum leave for his trip around the world?
4. Which is not listed as being one of the authors read by Slocum?
5. What group of Indians chased the Spray in the Bay?
6. What word does Slocum use to describe the boat's pace at this point?
7. By this time, Slocum was celebrating which major holiday?
(b) Fourth of July.
(d) Memorial Day.
8. In what year did Slocum buy the boat from the captain?
9. What item did savages steal from Slocum?
(d) Fishing equipment.
10. Where did Slocum's grandfather work?
11. Slocum was able to right his course once again and was pleased to log approximately ___ miles per day.
12. Where is Slocum at the beginning of chapter 6?
13. Slocum details his experiences with a civilized little _____.
(b) Sea gull.
14. Slocum was pleased when he was able to visit with the crew of which passing ship?
(c) Northern Light.
15. In what year was Slocum born?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date did Slocum leave Port Tamar?
2. What adjective best describes the Brits' attitude toward Slocum?
3. Slocum also comments on a natural phenomenon known as a:
4. What adjective is used to describe Slocum's friend the captain?
5. What was the name of Slocum's old adversary?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)