Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By this time, Slocum was celebrating which major holiday?
(b) Memorial Day.
(d) Fourth of July.
2. In what year was Slocum born?
3. On what date did Slocum leave Port Tamar?
(a) March 3.
(b) July 4.
(c) April 16.
(d) February 23.
4. The crew gave Slocum a gift of milk and ______.
5. Slocum details his experiences with a civilized little _____.
(b) Sea gull.
6. Once again Slocum was chased by savages. This time they were on the water in ___ canoes.
7. What is a williwaw?
(d) Rain coat.
8. What adjective is used to describe Slocum's friend the captain?
9. On the first leg of the trip, Slocum sailed from Boston to which of the following locations?
(b) Cape Horn.
10. What word does Slocum use to describe Fuego?
11. What previous trick had Slocum used to confuse Black Pedro?
(a) Firing into the water.
(b) Welcoming him aboard.
(c) Changing clothes.
(d) Switching directions.
12. What is bacalhao?
13. What is the name of the valley visible from the Slocum house?
(a) Cape May.
14. After the encounter, Slocum docks at which location?
(a) Bay of Fundy.
(b) Three Sisters Island.
(c) Snug Bay.
(d) Three Cove Island.
15. Which was not one of Slocum's boats?
(a) Southern Cross.
(d) Northern Light.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused Slocum to vary his course?
2. Slocum also comments on a natural phenomenon known as a:
3. One of the most interesting landmarks described by Slocum at this point was a place known as Dismal ____ Reach.
4. Just around this time Slocum has his first real encounter with which of the following:
5. Who/what is Juan Fernandez?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)