|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the boat purchased from the captain?
(b) Aurora Borealis.
(d) Northern Light.
2. What was the name of the boat that wrecked shortly before Slocum's arrival?
3. Once again Slocum was chased by savages. This time they were on the water in ___ canoes.
4. In what city did the captain live?
5. One of the most interesting landmarks described by Slocum at this point was a place known as Dismal ____ Reach.
6. What was the name of the bay that was located nearby?
(c) Prince Edward.
7. What word does Slocum use to describe the boat's pace at this point?
8. What is the name of the province where Slocum was born?
(a) British Columbia.
(c) Nova Scotia.
9. What gift did the captain present to Slocum?
(a) Carpet tacks.
(c) Fresh water.
(d) Salted cod.
10. What location was Slocum approaching when he just missed a shipwreck?
11. What item did savages steal from Slocum?
(a) Fishing equipment.
12. What is a williwaw?
(d) Rain coat.
13. What type of wood did Slocum use to repair the Spray?
14. What was the name of the first boat co-owned by Slocum?
(c) Northern Light.
15. By this time, Slocum was celebrating which major holiday?
(b) Memorial Day.
(c) Fourth of July.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the man who led the pirates?
2. Which is not listed as being one of the authors read by Slocum?
3. Slocum had always longed to be a:
4. What caused Slocum to vary his course?
5. In what year did Slocum buy the boat from the captain?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)