|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is bacalhao?
2. In what year did Slocum buy the boat from the captain?
3. What is the name of the ship Slocum passed early on in the voyage?
4. What was the name of the capital?
5. The crew gave Slocum a gift of milk and ______.
6. Once again Slocum was chased by savages. This time they were on the water in ___ canoes.
7. What was the name of the man who led the pirates?
(b) Captain Bligh.
(d) Black Pedro.
8. How long had the boat been sitting in the captain's yard?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 12 years.
9. What group of Indians chased the Spray in the Bay?
10. What was the name of Slocum's old adversary?
(a) De Mello.
(b) Van Sant.
(c) Van Pelt.
11. What is the name of Joshua Slocum's sister?
12. Which of the following began to become an issue for Slocum?
(b) Leg cramps.
13. Slocum details his experiences with a civilized little _____.
(c) Sea gull.
14. What previous trick had Slocum used to confuse Black Pedro?
(a) Firing into the water.
(b) Switching directions.
(c) Changing clothes.
(d) Welcoming him aboard.
15. Who/what is Juan Fernandez?
(d) Coffee grower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Slocum recalls receiving a warm welcome when he arrived at which location?
2. What was the name of the captain who went on the trip with Slocum?
3. Just outside of Port Angosto, Slocum was greeted by which of the following:
4. Eventually, Slocum managed to right his course and navigate through which Channel?
5. What location was Slocum approaching when he just missed a shipwreck?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)