|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By this time, Slocum was celebrating which major holiday?
(a) Fourth of July.
(c) Memorial Day.
2. After leaving Port Tamar, Slocum guided the Spray to which location?
(a) Cape Pillar.
(b) Cape of Good Hope.
(c) Cape Hatteras.
(d) Cape George.
3. What was the name of the boat that wrecked shortly before Slocum's arrival?
4. What is the name of the valley visible from the Slocum house?
(c) Cape May.
5. Which of the following is not an adjective used by Slocum to describe his people?
6. Slocum details his experiences with a civilized little _____.
(a) Sea gull.
7. Slocum says his father could make anything as long as he had which of the following:
8. Slocum was pleased to be able to make an excursion to which major metropolitan city?
(b) Buenos Aires.
9. Which of the following began to become an issue for Slocum?
(d) Leg cramps.
10. What group of Indians chased the Spray in the Bay?
11. Slocum was offered a job aboard the experimental gunboat called:
12. How much would it have cost Slocum to join the union to work at the shipyard?
13. On what date did the Spray leave Buenos Aires?
(a) December 1.
(b) January 26.
(c) September 6.
(d) May 31.
14. What is a williwaw?
(d) Rain coat.
15. What is the capital of the province where the Slocums lived?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Slocum when he encountered another captain?
2. Just outside of Port Angosto, Slocum was greeted by which of the following:
3. Slocum's issues with thieves continued. The author points out an attack with a _____ arrow.
4. What adjective is used to describe Slocum's friend the captain?
5. What type of tree was prevalent around the Slocum house?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)