|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the man who led the pirates?
(b) Black Pedro.
(d) Captain Bligh.
2. What word does Slocum use to describe Fuego?
3. What type of tree was prevalent around the Slocum house?
4. Slocum was able to right his course once again and was pleased to log approximately ___ miles per day.
5. Once again Slocum was chased by savages. This time they were on the water in ___ canoes.
6. How much would it have cost Slocum to join the union to work at the shipyard?
7. What is a williwaw?
(b) Rain coat.
8. Slocum was pleased when he was able to visit with the crew of which passing ship?
(c) Northern Light.
9. Slocum referred to which famous Pilgrim?
10. Slocum also comments on a natural phenomenon known as a:
(a) Gator nose.
(b) Cat's paw.
(c) Pig foot.
(d) Dog ear.
11. Eventually, Slocum managed to right his course and navigate through which Channel?
12. What is bacalhao?
13. Slocum says his father could make anything as long as he had which of the following:
14. What caused Slocum to vary his course?
(a) Broken mast.
15. Slocum had always longed to be a:
(b) Master shipbuilder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who/what is Juan Fernandez?
2. What was the official occupation of John Slocum?
3. What is the name of the valley visible from the Slocum house?
4. Which was not one of Slocum's boats?
5. Where is Slocum at the beginning of chapter 6?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)