|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a williwaw?
(b) Rain coat.
2. What group of islands did Slocum reach in July?
3. After the encounter, Slocum docks at which location?
(a) Three Sisters Island.
(b) Snug Bay.
(c) Three Cove Island.
(d) Bay of Fundy.
4. Just around this time Slocum has his first real encounter with which of the following:
(a) Sea sickness.
(c) Ice storms.
5. What is the name of the valley visible from the Slocum house?
(b) Cape May.
6. Slocum details his experiences with a civilized little _____.
(d) Sea gull.
7. How long had the boat been sitting in the captain's yard?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 12 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 3 years.
8. What was the name of the capital?
9. Slocum referred to which famous Pilgrim?
10. What is bacalhao?
11. Slocum had always longed to be a:
(b) Master shipbuilder.
12. What is the name of Joshua Slocum's sister?
13. On what date did Slocum leave Port Tamar?
(a) July 4.
(b) April 16.
(c) March 3.
(d) February 23.
14. What adjective best describes the Brits' attitude toward Slocum?
15. In what city did the captain live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Slocum at the beginning of chapter 6?
2. The man was which type of captain?
3. Slocum was able to right his course once again and was pleased to log approximately ___ miles per day.
4. What was the name of the bay that was located nearby?
5. What caused Slocum to vary his course?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)