|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the boat that wrecked shortly before Slocum's arrival?
2. Slocum had always longed to be a:
(d) Master shipbuilder.
3. Just around this time Slocum has his first real encounter with which of the following:
(b) Sea sickness.
(d) Ice storms.
4. On what date did the Spray leave Buenos Aires?
(a) September 6.
(b) December 1.
(c) May 31.
(d) January 26.
5. By this time, Slocum was celebrating which major holiday?
(a) Fourth of July.
(b) Memorial Day.
6. What was the official occupation of John Slocum?
(a) Leather worker.
7. Slocum referred to which famous Pilgrim?
8. What adjective best describes the Brits' attitude toward Slocum?
9. What is the capital of the province where the Slocums lived?
10. What is the name of the province where Slocum was born?
(c) British Columbia.
(d) Nova Scotia.
11. After leaving the Channel, Slocum was on course as he traveled through which Strait?
12. Slocum details his experiences with a civilized little _____.
(a) Sea gull.
13. Slocum was pleased to be able to make an excursion to which major metropolitan city?
(a) Buenos Aires.
14. What group of islands did Slocum reach in July?
15. One of the most interesting landmarks described by Slocum at this point was a place known as Dismal ____ Reach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the captain who went on the trip with Slocum?
2. After the encounter, Slocum docks at which location?
3. Slocum was pleased when he was able to visit with the crew of which passing ship?
4. What word does Slocum use to describe the boat's pace at this point?
5. Slocum recalls receiving a warm welcome when he arrived at which location?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)