|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Slocum was offered a job aboard the experimental gunboat called:
2. What is the name of the province where Slocum was born?
(a) British Columbia.
(c) Nova Scotia.
3. Slocum recalls receiving a warm welcome when he arrived at which location?
(c) Cape of Good Hope.
4. Slocum was pleased to be able to make an excursion to which major metropolitan city?
(c) Buenos Aires.
5. What word does Slocum use to describe Fuego?
6. What item did savages steal from Slocum?
(c) Fishing equipment.
7. What is bacalhao?
8. Slocum's issues with thieves continued. The author points out an attack with a _____ arrow.
9. How long had the boat been sitting in the captain's yard?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 12 years.
10. Slocum would eventually follow the route of which famous explorer?
11. What type of wood did Slocum use to repair the Spray?
12. What location was Slocum approaching when he just missed a shipwreck?
13. In what year was Slocum born?
14. What is the capital of the province where the Slocums lived?
15. What type of tree was prevalent around the Slocum house?
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the most interesting landmarks described by Slocum at this point was a place known as Dismal ____ Reach.
2. What group of Indians chased the Spray in the Bay?
3. The boat was how many feet in length?
4. Once again Slocum was chased by savages. This time they were on the water in ___ canoes.
5. Slocum also comments on a natural phenomenon known as a:
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)