|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the captain who made Slocum an offer he couldn't refuse?
2. Slocum recalls receiving a warm welcome when he arrived at which location?
(c) Cape of Good Hope.
3. How long had the boat been sitting in the captain's yard?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 12 years.
(d) 7 years.
4. What was the name of the boat purchased from the captain?
(a) Aurora Borealis.
(c) Northern Light.
5. The boat was how many feet in length?
6. What gift did the captain present to Slocum?
(a) Fresh water.
(c) Carpet tacks.
(d) Salted cod.
7. What was the name of the capital?
8. What was the name of the boat that wrecked shortly before Slocum's arrival?
9. What item did savages steal from Slocum?
(b) Fishing equipment.
10. What type of tree was prevalent around the Slocum house?
11. Once again Slocum was chased by savages. This time they were on the water in ___ canoes.
12. Just around this time Slocum has his first real encounter with which of the following:
(c) Sea sickness.
(d) Ice storms.
13. Which is not listed as being one of the authors read by Slocum?
14. Which of the following is not an adjective used by Slocum to describe his people?
15. What is the name of the province where Slocum was born?
(c) British Columbia.
(d) Nova Scotia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the captain who went on the trip with Slocum?
2. Slocum also comments on a natural phenomenon known as a:
3. The man was which type of captain?
4. What was the official occupation of John Slocum?
5. After leaving Port Tamar, Slocum guided the Spray to which location?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)