|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following began to become an issue for Slocum?
(a) Leg cramps.
2. Who/what is Juan Fernandez?
(d) Coffee grower.
3. What type of wood did Slocum use to repair the Spray?
4. One of the most interesting landmarks described by Slocum at this point was a place known as Dismal ____ Reach.
5. Slocum would eventually follow the route of which famous explorer?
6. In what year did Slocum leave for his trip around the world?
7. How much would it have cost Slocum to join the union to work at the shipyard?
8. What is the name of the province where Slocum was born?
(b) British Columbia.
(c) Nova Scotia.
9. After the encounter, Slocum docks at which location?
(a) Bay of Fundy.
(b) Three Cove Island.
(c) Three Sisters Island.
(d) Snug Bay.
10. Slocum was pleased when he was able to visit with the crew of which passing ship?
(b) Northern Light.
11. What adjective is used to describe Slocum's friend the captain?
12. What is the name of Joshua Slocum's sister?
13. What was the official occupation of John Slocum?
(c) Leather worker.
14. By this time, Slocum was celebrating which major holiday?
(a) Fourth of July.
(c) Memorial Day.
15. What group of islands did Slocum reach in July?
Short Answer Questions
1. Slocum recalls receiving a warm welcome when he arrived at which location?
2. What was the name of the bay that was located nearby?
3. What was the name of the captain who went on the trip with Slocum?
4. What word does Slocum use to describe Fuego?
5. Once again Slocum was chased by savages. This time they were on the water in ___ canoes.
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)