|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not an adjective used by Slocum to describe his people?
2. What was the name of the captain who went on the trip with Slocum?
3. Slocum says his father could make anything as long as he had which of the following:
4. Eventually, Slocum managed to right his course and navigate through which Channel?
5. What was the official occupation of John Slocum?
(c) Leather worker.
6. Slocum referred to which famous Pilgrim?
7. What adjective is used to describe Slocum's friend the captain?
8. Where did Slocum's grandfather work?
9. In what city did the captain live?
10. What type of tree was prevalent around the Slocum house?
11. What was the name of the first boat co-owned by Slocum?
(b) Northern Light.
12. The man was which type of captain?
(a) Coast Guard.
13. How much would it have cost Slocum to join the union to work at the shipyard?
14. What type of wood did Slocum use to repair the Spray?
15. What was the name of the boat purchased from the captain?
(a) Aurora Borealis.
(c) Northern Light.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the most interesting landmarks described by Slocum at this point was a place known as Dismal ____ Reach.
2. The crew gave Slocum a gift of milk and ______.
3. By this time, Slocum was celebrating which major holiday?
4. What was the name of Slocum's old adversary?
5. The boat was how many feet in length?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)