|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 2?
2. Who comes to Benji's rescue in the water in Chapter 2?
3. Whose hand did Benji hold at the roller rink?
4. Where is Benji's family's new Sag Harbor house located?
5. What does Reggie do so he can participate in the BB gun war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Benji leave the freezer doors in Jonni Waffle open during the power outage?
2. How does the crew at Jonni Waffle try to save the ice cream during the power outage?
3. Why does Benji pick the time he does for the BB gun fight?
4. What does Benji's dad tell him about being left alone at Sag Harbor?
5. What is Nick's living situation?
6. How do Benji and his friends react when they see a white couple walking along the beach in Chapter 2?
7. What is usually the first thing Benji and Reggie do when they arrive in Sag Harbor?
8. What kind of things do Reggie and Benji wonder about during their drive out to Sag Harbor?
9. How is life in Sag Harbor different than life in the city for Benji?
10. What happened between Benji and Emily at the roller rink?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose at least one female character from "Sag Harbor" and discuss at least 3 ways she goes against traditional gender stereotypes.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Whitehead portrays authority figures in "Sag Harbor," making sure to use at least 3 specific examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least 3 literary devices that Whitehead uses to help the reader better understand at least one character of your choosing. Use direct quotations and/or examples from the text to support your position.
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)