|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Martine own before he opened up Jonni Waffle?
2. What does "NP" stand for?
3. How was Benji viewed by his classmates growing up?
4. What about Marcus's bike is so noteworthy?
5. Where is Benji when he learns that Randy bought a BB gun?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Benji think he was popular in junior high?
2. What does Benji panic about when he loses his footing while out in the ocean in Chapter 2?
3. What happened between Benji and Emily after the roller rink?
4. What does Jonni Waffle do that makes it different from other ice cream shops?
5. What made people think Reggie and Benji were twins as they were growing up?
6. What does Benji's dad tell him about being left alone at Sag Harbor?
7. Why is it nearly dark when the boys decide to begin their BB gun fight?
8. Why do Benji and Reggie go to different high schools?
9. What kind of things do Reggie and Benji wonder about during their drive out to Sag Harbor?
10. Why do Randy and NP get into their big fight in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast 2 characters of your choosing from the "Sag Harbor," making sure to use direct evidence and examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
In a well-written essay, discuss the role that Benji's father plays in the novel and at least one major benefit and challenge for Whitehead in including him.
Essay Topic 3
Write a well-reasoned argument discussing whether or not Benji is a good role model for young readers.
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)