Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nick think of Martine?
2. What kind of school do Benji and Reggie go to?
3. What is going on when the power at Jonni Waffle goes out?
4. Who wants Reggie to wear goggles during the gun fight?
5. Whom does Benji *not* want to participate in the BB gun war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it problematic for Benji to have a crush on Erica?
2. How is life in Sag Harbor different than life in the city for Benji?
3. Why does Martine patting Benji on the head create such a commotion among the boys?
4. How does Benji describe the manager of Jonni Waffle?
5. What happened between Benji and Emily at the roller rink?
6. What does Benji's mother say when he tells her that the power at the beach house has been shut off?
7. What happened between Benji and Emily after the roller rink?
8. Why does Benji think the boys have taken up BB guns?
9. What goes wrong with NP's plan to get into the Lisa Lisa concert?
10. What rumor about girls do the boys discuss on the beach in Chapter 2?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss at least 3 challenges an author, like Whitehead, faces when having a novel take place during a specific decade from the past (e.g., the 1980s). Make sure to use at least 3 examples from "Sag Harbor" to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Identify the tone of the novel and discuss 3 literary devices that Whitehead uses to create that tone.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least 3 literary devices Whitehead uses within the first 2 chapters to help the reader better understand Benji as both a character and the protagonist. Make sure to use examples and/or quotations from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)