|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of things did Benji always used to get invited to?
2. What happens to Randy's car as the boys prepare to leave the beach in Chapter 2?
3. How many songs did Benji skate to while holding hands with a girl at the roller rink?
4. What is the name of the store where Benji and Reggie do their grocery shopping?
5. What does Benji suspect Meg's feelings are toward him during their time together at Jonni Waffle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gives Randy so much power over the other boys, at least in Chapter 2?
2. What happens when Benji's parents get home after the BB gun fight?
3. Why does Benji decide he needs a job?
4. Why is it nearly dark when the boys decide to begin their BB gun fight?
5. What makes Benji think he was popular in junior high?
6. What kind of things do Reggie and Benji wonder about during their drive out to Sag Harbor?
7. What does Benji's dad tell him about being left alone at Sag Harbor?
8. How does Benji describe the manager of Jonni Waffle?
9. Why does Benji claim all of his friend's disasters happened on Thursday?
10. What is the meaning behind the title of Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe at least 3 things that Whitehead is able to do with the character of Benji because he is a teenager AND at least 3 things he is not able to do with him because he is a teenager.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze at least 3 different literary techniques Whitehead uses to create humor in "Sag Harbor."
Essay Topic 3
Choose at least one female character from "Sag Harbor" and discuss at least 3 ways she goes against traditional gender stereotypes.
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)