|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets in trouble for leaving the freezer doors open when the power goes out at Jonni Waffle?
2. What about Marcus's bike is so noteworthy?
3. What does the crew decide to do with the ice cream at Jonni Waffle when the power goes out?
4. What kind of car do Benji and his family drive out to Sag Harbor?
5. Which character does NOT work at Jonni Waffle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is usually the first thing Benji and Reggie do when they arrive in Sag Harbor?
2. What goes wrong with NP's plan to get into the Lisa Lisa concert?
3. How do Benji's neighbors act when they learn his father is BBQing?
4. Why is Benji's make-out session with Melanie so awkward afterward?
5. What causes Benji to realize his father's BBQ isn't all that he remembered it to be?
6. What was Randy supposed to have done with his gun during the BB fight?
7. Why do Benji and Reggie go to different high schools?
8. What is Benji imagining as he gets closer to his house in Sag Harbor?
9. What happened between Benji and Emily after the roller rink?
10. How is Benji feeling when he hears his parents pull into the driveway in Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze at least 3 aspects of "Sag Harbor" that make the novel believable as well as what literary devices Whitehead uses to create that level of believability.
Essay Topic 2
Describe at least 3 things that Whitehead is able to do with the character of Benji because he is a teenager AND at least 3 things he is not able to do with him because he is a teenager.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least 3 literary devices that Whitehead uses to help the reader better understand at least one character of your choosing. Use direct quotations and/or examples from the text to support your position.
This section contains 1,266 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)