|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Benji get hit during the BB gun fight?
2. What excuse does Benji have for going back to Jonni Waffle after everyone else left after the power outage?
3. What is Benji unable to do the day the power goes out at his house?
4. What does Randy do to NP with his BB gun when they get into an argument?
5. What kind of car does Randy drive in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Benji's parents get home after the BB gun fight?
2. What gives Randy so much power over the other boys, at least in Chapter 2?
3. What made people think Reggie and Benji were twins as they were growing up?
4. How does Benji describe the manager of Jonni Waffle?
5. What happened between Benji and Emily after the roller rink?
6. What is Benji imagining as he gets closer to his house in Sag Harbor?
7. Why does Benji pick the time he does for the BB gun fight?
8. What is the meaning behind the title of Chapter 3?
9. What does Benji's dad tell him about being left alone at Sag Harbor?
10. What does Jonni Waffle do that makes it different from other ice cream shops?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose at least one female character from "Sag Harbor" and discuss at least 3 ways she goes against traditional gender stereotypes.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least 4 aspects of "Sag Harbor" that could have been easily carried over into a second novel about Benji's summers in Sag Harbor.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least 4 ways "Sag Harbor" would be different if the protagonist were female.
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)