|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Marcus's bike is so noteworthy?
2. How old is the manager of the Jonni Waffle?
3. Where does Nick live during the school year?
4. Who wants Reggie to wear goggles during the gun fight?
5. How many songs did Benji skate to while holding hands with a girl at the roller rink?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is life in Sag Harbor different than life in the city for Benji?
2. Why does Benji think the boys have taken up BB guns?
3. What made people think Reggie and Benji were twins as they were growing up?
4. Why does Benji pick the time he does for the BB gun fight?
5. What happened between Benji and Emily at the roller rink?
6. Why is it nearly dark when the boys decide to begin their BB gun fight?
7. What gives Randy so much power over the other boys, at least in Chapter 2?
8. Why does Benji decide he needs a job?
9. What is Nick's living situation?
10. What happens when Benji's parents get home after the BB gun fight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe at least 4 negative aspects of having a protagonist as young and naive as Benji. Make sure to use evidence from the novel to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast 2 female characters from "Sag Harbor." Make sure to use specific evidence and quotations from the novel to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Describe at least 4 features of Benji and how those features fulfill the traditional, literary requirements of a teenager/young adult.
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)