|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 2?
2. Where does Benji hide during the BB gun fight?
3. How many songs did Benji skate to while holding hands with a girl at the roller rink?
4. What impressive skill does Marcus have?
5. How does Benji feel about Meg during their time together at Jonni Waffle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it nearly dark when the boys decide to begin their BB gun fight?
2. Why does Benji think the boys have taken up BB guns?
3. What rumor about girls do the boys discuss on the beach in Chapter 2?
4. What is the meaning behind the title of Chapter 3?
5. What was Randy supposed to have done with his gun during the BB fight?
6. How does NP help Benji get a job at Jonni Waffle?
7. Why does Benji decide he needs a job?
8. What happened between Benji and Emily after the roller rink?
9. What kind of things do Reggie and Benji wonder about during their drive out to Sag Harbor?
10. What is Benji imagining as he gets closer to his house in Sag Harbor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe at least 3 things that Whitehead is able to do with the character of Benji because he is a teenager AND at least 3 things he is not able to do with him because he is a teenager.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least 4 ways "Sag Harbor" would be different if the protagonist were female.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze at least 3 different literary techniques Whitehead uses to create humor in "Sag Harbor."
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)