|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does NOT work at Jonni Waffle?
2. What kind of canned soup do Reggie and Benji love above all others?
3. What does Benji do first when he gets to Sag Harbor?
4. How do Benji and Reggie get a BB gun?
5. Which brother is older?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is life in Sag Harbor different than life in the city for Benji?
2. Why do Randy and NP get into their big fight in Chapter 4?
3. What kind of things do Reggie and Benji wonder about during their drive out to Sag Harbor?
4. Why is it nearly dark when the boys decide to begin their BB gun fight?
5. How do Benji and his friends react when they see a white couple walking along the beach in Chapter 2?
6. What is Nick's living situation?
7. What happens when Benji's parents get home after the BB gun fight?
8. What happened between Benji and Emily at the roller rink?
9. Why does Benji decide he needs a job?
10. What makes Benji think he was popular in junior high?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze at least 3 aspects of "Sag Harbor" that make the novel believable as well as what literary devices Whitehead uses to create that level of believability.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least 4 aspects of "Sag Harbor" that could have been easily carried over into a second novel about Benji's summers in Sag Harbor.
Essay Topic 3
Describe at least 4 negative aspects of having a protagonist as young and naive as Benji. Make sure to use evidence from the novel to support your position.
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)