Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nick think of Martine?
2. What kind of school do Benji and Reggie go to?
3. What is going on when the power at Jonni Waffle goes out?
4. Who wants Reggie to wear goggles during the gun fight?
5. Whom does Benji *not* want to participate in the BB gun war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it problematic for Benji to have a crush on Erica?
2. How is life in Sag Harbor different than life in the city for Benji?
3. Why does Martine patting Benji on the head create such a commotion among the boys?
4. How does Benji describe the manager of Jonni Waffle?
5. What happened between Benji and Emily at the roller rink?
6. What does Benji's mother say when he tells her that the power at the beach house has been shut off?
7. What happened between Benji and Emily after the roller rink?
8. Why does Benji think the boys have taken up BB guns?
9. What goes wrong with NP's plan to get into the Lisa Lisa concert?
10. What rumor about girls do the boys discuss on the beach in Chapter 2?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze at least 3 different literary techniques Whitehead uses to create humor in "Sag Harbor."
Essay Topic 2
Describe at least 4 features of Benji and how those features fulfill the traditional, literary requirements of a teenager/young adult.
Essay Topic 3
Describe at least 4 negative aspects of having a protagonist as young and naive as Benji. Make sure to use evidence from the novel to support your position.
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)