|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does everyone do the first time they see the BB gun?
2. What kind of canned soup do Reggie and Benji love above all others?
3. Who now lives in the house Benji and his family originally stayed in at Sag Harbor?
4. What personal item does Martine post after the power outage?
5. What about Marcus's bike is so noteworthy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Benji's mother say when he tells her that the power at the beach house has been shut off?
2. Why does Benji decide he needs a job?
3. What happens when Benji's parents get home after the BB gun fight?
4. What was Randy supposed to have done with his gun during the BB fight?
5. How does the crew at Jonni Waffle try to save the ice cream during the power outage?
6. What does Benji's dad tell him about being left alone at Sag Harbor?
7. Why do Benji and Reggie go to different high schools?
8. What does Benji panic about when he loses his footing while out in the ocean in Chapter 2?
9. What is usually the first thing Benji and Reggie do when they arrive in Sag Harbor?
10. What is the meaning behind the title of Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss at least 4 aspects of "Sag Harbor" that could have been easily carried over into a second novel about Benji's summers in Sag Harbor.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters of Benji and Randy. Make sure to use direct evidence from the text, such as examples and quotations, to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least 3 challenges an author, like Whitehead, faces when having a novel take place during a specific decade from the past (e.g., the 1980s). Make sure to use at least 3 examples from "Sag Harbor" to support your position.
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)