|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "NP" stand for?
2. How do Benji and Reggie get a BB gun?
3. What do Nick and NP discuss most of the time they are at Jonni Waffle?
4. What's the problem with Benji's old bike in Sag Harbor?
5. Why does Reggie want Benji to go to the hospital after the BB gun fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Benji describe the manager of Jonni Waffle?
2. What is Benji imagining as he gets closer to his house in Sag Harbor?
3. What is usually the first thing Benji and Reggie do when they arrive in Sag Harbor?
4. Why does Martine patting Benji on the head create such a commotion among the boys?
5. Why is it nearly dark when the boys decide to begin their BB gun fight?
6. Why does Benji leave the freezer doors in Jonni Waffle open during the power outage?
7. Why does Benji decide he needs a job?
8. Why does Benji think the boys have taken up BB guns?
9. What does Benji's mother say when he tells her that the power at the beach house has been shut off?
10. What was Randy supposed to have done with his gun during the BB fight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss at least 3 literary devices Whitehead uses within the first 2 chapters to help the reader better understand Benji as both a character and the protagonist. Make sure to use examples and/or quotations from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least 3 literary devices that Whitehead uses to help the reader better understand at least one character of your choosing. Use direct quotations and/or examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze at least 3 different literary techniques Whitehead uses to create humor in "Sag Harbor."
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)