|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Benji unable to do the day the power goes out at his house?
2. What is the title of Chapter 4?
3. How was Benji viewed by his classmates growing up?
4. Who surprises Benji during the BB gun fight?
5. What does Randy do to NP with his BB gun when they get into an argument?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jonni Waffle do that makes it different from other ice cream shops?
2. Why does Benji think the boys have taken up BB guns?
3. What makes Benji think he was popular in junior high?
4. Why does Benji pick the time he does for the BB gun fight?
5. What is usually the first thing Benji and Reggie do when they arrive in Sag Harbor?
6. How does Benji describe the manager of Jonni Waffle?
7. Why does Benji leave the freezer doors in Jonni Waffle open during the power outage?
8. Why do Randy and NP get into their big fight in Chapter 4?
9. What does Benji panic about when he loses his footing while out in the ocean in Chapter 2?
10. How is life in Sag Harbor different than life in the city for Benji?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze at least 3 different literary techniques Whitehead uses to create humor in "Sag Harbor."
Essay Topic 2
Discuss at least 3 challenges an author, like Whitehead, faces when having a novel take place during a specific decade from the past (e.g., the 1980s). Make sure to use at least 3 examples from "Sag Harbor" to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze at least 3 literary techniques Whitehead uses to make one character of your choosing from the "Sag Harbor" very likable OR very unlikable to the reader.
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)