|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the idea of a BB gun war begin?
2. What kind of canned soup do Reggie and Benji love above all others?
3. How does Benji feel about Meg during their time together at Jonni Waffle?
4. Where does NP suggest the boys go when they meet each other again in Sag Harbor?
5. What kind of school do Benji and Reggie go to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Benji's mother say when he tells her that the power at the beach house has been shut off?
2. What happened between Benji and Emily at the roller rink?
3. How does Benji describe the manager of Jonni Waffle?
4. Why does Martine patting Benji on the head create such a commotion among the boys?
5. Why do Benji and Reggie go to different high schools?
6. Why does Benji think the boys have taken up BB guns?
7. What does Benji's dad tell him about being left alone at Sag Harbor?
8. What kind of things do Reggie and Benji wonder about during their drive out to Sag Harbor?
9. How does NP help Benji get a job at Jonni Waffle?
10. Why does Benji pick the time he does for the BB gun fight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a well-reasoned argument discussing whether or not Benji is a good role model for young readers.
Essay Topic 2
Describe at least 4 features of Benji and how those features fulfill the traditional, literary requirements of a teenager/young adult.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least 3 literary devices Whitehead uses within the first 2 chapters to help the reader better understand Benji as both a character and the protagonist. Make sure to use examples and/or quotations from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)