|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car does Randy drive in Chapter 2?
2. Why does Martine pat Benji on the head one afternoon?
3. Which brother is older?
4. What kind of canned soup do Reggie and Benji love above all others?
5. What kind of place is Jonni Waffle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it nearly dark when the boys decide to begin their BB gun fight?
2. What happened between Benji and Emily at the roller rink?
3. What is Benji imagining as he gets closer to his house in Sag Harbor?
4. What was Randy supposed to have done with his gun during the BB fight?
5. Why does Benji pick the time he does for the BB gun fight?
6. What is the meaning behind the title of Chapter 3?
7. How do Benji and his friends react when they see a white couple walking along the beach in Chapter 2?
8. How is life in Sag Harbor different than life in the city for Benji?
9. Why does Benji decide he needs a job?
10. Why does Benji claim all of his friend's disasters happened on Thursday?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast 2 characters of your choosing from the "Sag Harbor," making sure to use direct evidence and examples from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Describe at least 3 things that Whitehead is able to do with the character of Benji because he is a teenager AND at least 3 things he is not able to do with him because he is a teenager.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least 3 challenges an author, like Whitehead, faces when having a novel take place during a specific decade from the past (e.g., the 1980s). Make sure to use at least 3 examples from "Sag Harbor" to support your position.
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)