|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Benji unable to do the day the power goes out at his house?
2. Which brother is older?
3. What is Benji self-conscious of around Meg?
4. What do NP and Randy do with their BB guns in the park one day?
5. Where does Benji find his old bike?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the older Benji look back at the Lisa Lisa concert?
2. What gives Randy so much power over the other boys, at least in Chapter 2?
3. How do Benji's neighbors act when they learn his father is BBQing?
4. What happens when Benji's parents get home after the BB gun fight?
5. What does Jonni Waffle do that makes it different from other ice cream shops?
6. Why does Benji pick the time he does for the BB gun fight?
7. What makes Benji think he was popular in junior high?
8. Why do Randy and NP get into their big fight in Chapter 4?
9. What did Benji's parents do for a living?
10. Why is Benji embarrassed about his music choices?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss at least 3 literary devices that Whitehead uses to help the reader better understand at least one character of your choosing. Use direct quotations and/or examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Identify the tone of the novel and discuss 3 literary devices that Whitehead uses to create that tone.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least 4 aspects of "Sag Harbor" that could have been easily carried over into a second novel about Benji's summers in Sag Harbor.
This section contains 1,193 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)