|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who surprises Benji during the BB gun fight?
2. What is the title of Chapter 4?
3. Who gets a BB gun after another boy in the group gets one?
4. Where does Benji get hit during the BB gun fight?
5. What is the name of the first house Benji and his family stayed in in Sag Harbor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What rumor about girls do the boys discuss on the beach in Chapter 2?
2. Why does Benji decide he needs a job?
3. How does the crew at Jonni Waffle try to save the ice cream during the power outage?
4. How do Benji and his friends react when they see a white couple walking along the beach in Chapter 2?
5. What does Jonni Waffle do that makes it different from other ice cream shops?
6. What happened between Benji and Emily after the roller rink?
7. What makes Benji think he was popular in junior high?
8. What made people think Reggie and Benji were twins as they were growing up?
9. Why does Benji claim all of his friend's disasters happened on Thursday?
10. Why do Benji and Reggie go to different high schools?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss at least 3 challenges an author, like Whitehead, faces when having a novel take place during a specific decade from the past (e.g., the 1980s). Make sure to use at least 3 examples from "Sag Harbor" to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Describe at least 3 things that Whitehead is able to do with the character of Benji because he is a teenager AND at least 3 things he is not able to do with him because he is a teenager.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss at least 4 ways "Sag Harbor" would be different if the protagonist were female.
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)