|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Benji *not* want to participate in the BB gun war?
2. What about Marcus's bike is so noteworthy?
3. What impressive skill does Marcus have?
4. Where is Benji's family's new Sag Harbor house located?
5. What does Randy do to NP with his BB gun when they get into an argument?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Randy and NP get into their big fight in Chapter 4?
2. What kind of things do Reggie and Benji wonder about during their drive out to Sag Harbor?
3. Why does Martine patting Benji on the head create such a commotion among the boys?
4. What made people think Reggie and Benji were twins as they were growing up?
5. Why does Benji pick the time he does for the BB gun fight?
6. What kinds of things does Benji imagine needing for the school year as he lies in bed in Chapter 8?
7. How is life in Sag Harbor different than life in the city for Benji?
8. Why does Benji leave the freezer doors in Jonni Waffle open during the power outage?
9. What is the situation with Randy's father?
10. How is Benji feeling when he hears his parents pull into the driveway in Chapter 7?
Essay Topic 1
Choose at least one female character from "Sag Harbor" and discuss at least 3 ways she goes against traditional gender stereotypes.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Benji's family's drive out to Sag Harbor 1) sets the tone for the rest of the novel and 2) introduces at least 3 key facts about Benji that are important throughout the rest of the text. Make sure to use direct quotations and evidence from the text to support your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze at least 3 aspects of "Sag Harbor" that make the novel believable as well as what literary devices Whitehead uses to create that level of believability.
This section contains 1,291 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)