|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Benji viewed by his classmates growing up?
2. Whose hand did Benji hold at the roller rink?
3. What does Reggie do first when he gets to Sag Harbor?
4. What is going on when the power at Jonni Waffle goes out?
5. Why does Benji end up riding his bike by himself after he finds NP?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Randy and NP get into their big fight in Chapter 4?
2. What happened between Benji and Emily at the roller rink?
3. What is Nick's living situation?
4. What happened between Benji and Emily after the roller rink?
5. Why does Benji claim all of his friend's disasters happened on Thursday?
6. What is the meaning behind the title of Chapter 3?
7. What is the situation with Randy's father?
8. What does Benji panic about when he loses his footing while out in the ocean in Chapter 2?
9. What kind of things do Reggie and Benji wonder about during their drive out to Sag Harbor?
10. What does Benji's dad tell him about being left alone at Sag Harbor?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss at least 4 aspects of "Sag Harbor" that could have been easily carried over into a second novel about Benji's summers in Sag Harbor.
Essay Topic 2
Describe at least 3 things that Whitehead is able to do with the character of Benji because he is a teenager AND at least 3 things he is not able to do with him because he is a teenager.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how Benji's family's drive out to Sag Harbor 1) sets the tone for the rest of the novel and 2) introduces at least 3 key facts about Benji that are important throughout the rest of the text. Make sure to use direct quotations and evidence from the text to support your thesis.
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)