|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as Benji and Melanie are running away from Benji's old house?
(a) Melanie is screaming very, very loudly.
(b) Someone is outside yelling at them.
(c) They bump into NP.
(d) Benji falls and twists his ankle.
2. What club was Lisa Lisa going to play at in Sag Harbor?
(c) The Boom Boom Room.
(d) The Flix.
3. What large item does Barry also throw into the fire?
(a) Mr. Nickerson's bench.
(b) Benji's bicycle.
(c) NP's mailbox.
(d) Reggie's Burger King uniform.
4. What does Barry throw into the bonfire?
(a) A battery.
(b) A firecracker.
(c) His homework.
(d) His beer cans.
5. What do the Sag Harbor neighbors do to celebrate the end of summer?
(a) Help pack up each other's cars.
(b) Have a huge party at the bowling alley.
(c) Have a block party.
(d) Hold a huge garage sale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Benji remember about Melanie when he first meets her again in Chapter 7.
2. How many children are in Benji's family?
3. How does Benji feel once he is able to sneak into the concert?
4. How does Melanie act the day after she and Benji make out?
5. What does Benji do to the radio before leaving the house in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Melanie return to Sag Harbor in Chapter 7?
2. What kinds of things does Benji imagine needing for the school year as he lies in bed in Chapter 8?
3. Why are people under the age of 19 not allowed at the Lisa Lisa concert?
4. What is Benji thinking about one Saturday morning in Chapter 5?
5. How does the older Benji look back at the Lisa Lisa concert?
6. What causes Benji to realize his father's BBQ isn't all that he remembered it to be?
7. What do Benji and his friends think of the bonfire?
8. How does Reggie try to avoid making his father angry?
9. What do Benji and Melanie talk about during their walk in Chapter 7?
10. What is Benji most concerned with when it comes to the beer in the forest?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)