|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does NP want to bring to the concert?
(a) His little brother.
(d) His girlfriend.
2. Benji sneaks into his old house with ___________.
(a) Melanie and Reggie.
(b) Melanie, Reggie, and NP.
(c) Melanie, Reggie, NP, and Nick.
(d) Just Melanie.
3. Who arranges the wood in the bonfire?
(a) Benji's dad.
(b) Reggie, since he works the grills at Burger King.
(c) Mr. Nickerson.
4. What does Benji do to the radio before leaving the house in Chapter 7?
(a) Turns up the volume.
(b) Hides it.
(c) Changes the station.
(d) Turns it off.
5. What did Benji think of the concert at the time?
(a) It was dumb.
(b) It was amazing.
(c) It was good.
(d) It was overpriced.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Reggie's schedule during the weekends most of the time?
2. How does Benji's father act when he is drinking?
3. What question does everyone ask at the bonfire?
4. Where does Benji run into Melanie?
5. What sets off Benji's father's explosive temper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Benji thinking about one Saturday morning in Chapter 5?
2. What kinds of things does Benji imagine needing for the school year as he lies in bed in Chapter 8?
3. According to Benji in Chapter 5, why was The Cosby Show so groundbreaking?
4. What causes Benji to realize his father's BBQ isn't all that he remembered it to be?
5. Why is Benji's make-out session with Melanie so awkward afterward?
6. Why does Melanie return to Sag Harbor in Chapter 7?
7. What is Benji most concerned with when it comes to the beer in the forest?
8. How does Benji try to avoid making his father angry?
9. Why do Benji and his friends stop watching the races in Chapter 8?
10. Why does Melanie leave Sag Harbor when she's younger?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)