|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game does Melanie remember playing with Benji when they were little kids?
(b) Four square.
(c) Red light, green light.
(d) Dodge ball.
2. What is Reggie's schedule during the weekends most of the time?
(a) He has to work nights.
(b) He works a lot.
(c) He work on Sundays so that he can go to church.
(d) He barely works at all.
3. How does Benji's father act when he is drinking?
(a) He gets sleepy.
(b) He gets quiet.
(c) He gets mean.
(d) He gets funny.
4. How old was Melanie when she first kissed Benji?
5. What picture does Benji see that makes him realize how bad his father's haircuts were?
(a) A picture of himself at his sister's wedding.
(b) His 5th grade picture.
(c) His kindergarten picture.
(d) His prom picture.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Benji's mother resolve the argument between herself and Benji's father during the BBQ?
2. What question does everyone ask at the bonfire?
3. Where did Benji first meet Melanie?
4. What is the name of the local radio station in Sag Harbor?
5. Who stops by to ask about Benji's dad's BBQ?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Benji's parents do for a living?
2. What does Benji only realize in retrospect about his father's haircuts?
3. How does the older Benji look back at the Lisa Lisa concert?
4. According to Benji in Chapter 5, why was The Cosby Show so groundbreaking?
5. What do Benji and his friends think of the bonfire?
6. Why does Melanie leave Sag Harbor when she's younger?
7. Who is Barry?
8. How is Benji feeling when he hears his parents pull into the driveway in Chapter 7?
9. What do Benji and Melanie talk about during their walk in Chapter 7?
10. Why is Benji's make-out session with Melanie so awkward afterward?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)