|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Benji's opinion of Melanie in the first few minutes after they meet again in Chapter 7?
(a) She seems nice enough.
(b) She's just as mean as he remembers.
(c) She is not healthy mentally.
(d) She is too shy.
2. Who is dating Erica?
3. What year is it in Chapter 5?
4. What is Reggie's schedule during the weekends most of the time?
(a) He work on Sundays so that he can go to church.
(b) He has to work nights.
(c) He works a lot.
(d) He barely works at all.
5. How did Benji get a ticket to the concert at Sag Harbor?
(a) He bribed someone else to buy one for him.
(b) He simply bought one.
(c) He made Randy buy one for him.
(d) He was given a free ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Benji and his friends hide their beer in the forest?
2. Where is Benji's sister during most of the novel?
3. Who arranges the wood in the bonfire?
4. What large item does Barry also throw into the fire?
5. Which group goes first in the neighborhood races in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Benji's parents do for a living?
2. Why do Benji and his friends stop watching the races in Chapter 8?
3. What does Benji only realize in retrospect about his father's haircuts?
4. How is Benji feeling when he hears his parents pull into the driveway in Chapter 7?
5. What is Benji most concerned with when it comes to the beer in the forest?
6. What kinds of things does Benji imagine needing for the school year as he lies in bed in Chapter 8?
7. What do Benji and his friends think of the bonfire?
8. How does Benji feel about his future as the novel concludes?
9. Why is Benji embarrassed about his music choices?
10. What is Benji thinking about one Saturday morning in Chapter 5?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)