|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Benji feel once he is able to sneak into the concert?
2. Where is Melanie living when Benji meets her in Chapter 7?
(a) Her parents' yacht.
(b) A rented beach house.
(c) A youth hostel.
(d) Her parents' mansion.
3. What do Benji and NP realize about Barry?
(a) He steals their stuff when no one is looking.
(b) He's not anyone's cousin, despite what they've been told.
(c) Barry goes to their school back in New York City.
(d) He's Mr. Nickerson's son.
4. What sets off Benji's father's explosive temper?
(a) Hearing his children swear.
(b) Bad weather.
(c) Talking about his drinking problem.
(d) Nearly anything.
5. What is Benji's opinion of Melanie in the first few minutes after they meet again in Chapter 7?
(a) She seems nice enough.
(b) She is not healthy mentally.
(c) She is too shy.
(d) She's just as mean as he remembers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Benji's sister during most of the novel?
2. Who is able to get into the concert when they try a second time?
3. How does Melanie act the day after she and Benji make out?
4. With what does NP plan to bribe one of the bouncers at the concert?
5. Who arranges the wood in the bonfire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it problematic for Benji to have a crush on Erica?
2. Why are people under the age of 19 not allowed at the Lisa Lisa concert?
3. According to Benji in Chapter 5, why was The Cosby Show so groundbreaking?
4. Why is Benji's make-out session with Melanie so awkward afterward?
5. How does Benji try to avoid making his father angry?
6. What do Benji and his friends think of the bonfire?
7. How does the older Benji look back at the Lisa Lisa concert?
8. Why does Melanie return to Sag Harbor in Chapter 7?
9. What did Benji's parents do for a living?
10. How is Benji feeling when he hears his parents pull into the driveway in Chapter 7?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)