|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Benji and Melanie start making out in Benji's old house?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) On Reggie's old bed.
(c) On his old bed.
(d) On his parents' old bed.
2. What does Benji listen to one Saturday morning?
(a) A radio.
(b) A vacuum cleaner.
(c) His mother crying.
(d) His father drinking.
3. Who arranges the wood in the bonfire?
(b) Mr. Nickerson.
(c) Benji's dad.
(d) Reggie, since he works the grills at Burger King.
4. What other group was coming to Sag Harbor?
(b) Debbie Gibson and Friends.
(c) Milli Vanilli.
(d) Vanilla Ice.
5. Where did Benji first meet Melanie?
(b) Sag Harbor.
(d) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the band shortly after the concert?
2. What does Benji think about his upcoming year as the summer concludes?
3. What game does Melanie remember playing with Benji when they were little kids?
4. What is Benji's opinion of Melanie in the first few minutes after they meet again in Chapter 7?
5. What did Benji think of his father's haircuts when he was little?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Benji feel about his future as the novel concludes?
2. Why is Benji embarrassed about his music choices?
3. How is Benji feeling when he hears his parents pull into the driveway in Chapter 7?
4. Why are people under the age of 19 not allowed at the Lisa Lisa concert?
5. How does the older Benji look back at the Lisa Lisa concert?
6. Why does Melanie leave Sag Harbor when she's younger?
7. What makes Benji's old house so familiar when he breaks in?
8. What is Benji most concerned with when it comes to the beer in the forest?
9. Why is it problematic for Benji to have a crush on Erica?
10. How do Benji's neighbors act when they learn his father is BBQing?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)