|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Benji run into Melanie?
(a) In Jonni Waffle.
(b) At the concert.
(c) Outside his house.
(d) In the library.
2. What question does everyone ask at the bonfire?
(a) "How's your family back home?"
(b) "Did you hear what happened to Nick's dad?"
(c) "Where have you been all summer?"
(d) "When are you heading back?"
3. What kind of shoes does Benji imagine getting for the school year?
(a) Combat boots.
(b) Fancy shoes so people take him more seiously.
4. What is Benji's opinion of Melanie in the first few minutes after they meet again in Chapter 7?
(a) She is too shy.
(b) She's just as mean as he remembers.
(c) She is not healthy mentally.
(d) She seems nice enough.
5. What is the title of Chapter 7?
(a) Tonight, We Improvise.
(b) Chapter 7.
(c) Chasing the Dream.
(d) Fast Girls, Slow Cars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which group goes first in the neighborhood races in Chapter 8?
2. What is Reggie's schedule during the weekends most of the time?
3. Where did Benji first meet Melanie?
4. Where do the members of the band go on the day of their concert?
5. What is the title of Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Benji feel about his future as the novel concludes?
2. What goes wrong with NP's plan to get into the Lisa Lisa concert?
3. What did Benji's parents do for a living?
4. What does NP get one of the members of Lisa Lisa to promise in Jonni Waffle?
5. What does Benji only realize in retrospect about his father's haircuts?
6. What kinds of things does Benji imagine needing for the school year as he lies in bed in Chapter 8?
7. What causes Benji to realize his father's BBQ isn't all that he remembered it to be?
8. What is Benji most concerned with when it comes to the beer in the forest?
9. How does Reggie try to avoid making his father angry?
10. What makes Benji feel extra proud about being able to sneak into the Lisa Lisa concert in Chapter 6?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)