|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets in trouble for leaving the freezer doors open when the power goes out at Jonni Waffle?
(c) No one.
2. What kind of canned soup do Reggie and Benji love above all others?
(a) Campbell's Classic Tomato Soup.
(b) Cambell's New and Improved Italian Meatball Soup.
(c) Top Ramen.
(d) Campbell's Homestyle Chicken Soup with Egg Noodles.
3. How many years has it been since Benji and his family stayed in their original house in Sag Harbor?
4. What does everyone do the first time they see the BB gun?
(a) Freak out and call the police.
(b) Get in a fight over it.
(c) Shoot at targets in the backyard.
(d) Argue over where Benji got the money.
5. How does Benji react immediately after Martine pats him on the head?
(a) He throws down his apron and quits on the spot.
(b) He is stunned.
(c) He laughs and laughs.
(d) He flies into a rage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Martine pat Benji on the head one afternoon?
2. Where is Martine from?
3. Where is Benji when he learns that Randy bought a BB gun?
4. Which friends does Benji hang out the most with at the beginning of summer?
5. What time of day do Benji and his family drive out to Sag Harbor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does NP help Benji get a job at Jonni Waffle?
2. What kind of things do Reggie and Benji wonder about during their drive out to Sag Harbor?
3. How do Benji and his friends react when they see a white couple walking along the beach in Chapter 2?
4. What is the meaning behind the title of Chapter 3?
5. What does Benji panic about when he loses his footing while out in the ocean in Chapter 2?
6. Why does Benji think the boys have taken up BB guns?
7. What gives Randy so much power over the other boys, at least in Chapter 2?
8. Why does Benji claim all of his friend's disasters happened on Thursday?
9. What is Benji imagining as he gets closer to his house in Sag Harbor?
10. What rumor about girls do the boys discuss on the beach in Chapter 2?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)