|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Benji run into Melanie?
(a) At the concert.
(b) In Jonni Waffle.
(c) In the library.
(d) Outside his house.
2. How old was Melanie when she first kissed Benji?
3. What does Benji think of his father's BBQ at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) It's wonderful.
(b) It's awful.
(c) It's weird for a vegetarian.
(d) It's a waste of time and money.
4. How does Benji's father act when he is drinking?
(a) He gets mean.
(b) He gets funny.
(c) He gets sleepy.
(d) He gets quiet.
5. With what does NP plan to bribe one of the bouncers at the concert?
(b) Free ice cream.
6. What is the name of the person who acts wild at the bonfire?
(a) Little Clive.
(b) Big Trouble.
(c) Barry David.
(d) Little Trouble.
7. What instructions are the children given about the bonfire?
(a) To put water on it to make sure it's out later.
(b) To let it die out.
(c) To cover it with sand.
(d) To make sure it stays going all night.
8. Where are Benji's parents during the bonfire?
(a) Back in New York City.
(b) At the bonfire, just like everyone else.
(c) At home, packing.
(d) At a cocktail party somewhere else.
9. What is Benji's opinion of Melanie in the first few minutes after they meet again in Chapter 7?
(a) She is too shy.
(b) She seems nice enough.
(c) She's just as mean as he remembers.
(d) She is not healthy mentally.
10. Who arranges the wood in the bonfire?
(a) Mr. Nickerson.
(b) Benji's dad.
(c) Reggie, since he works the grills at Burger King.
11. How does Benji feel once he is able to sneak into the concert?
12. Whom does Benji have a crush on in Chapter 6?
13. Where is Benji's sister during most of the novel?
(a) Traveling in Europe.
(b) In college.
(c) Benji doesn't have a sister.
(d) With her boyfriend.
14. What kind of music does the local radio station play?
(b) Top 40 songs.
(c) A mix of local and national bands.
15. What happens as Benji and Melanie are running away from Benji's old house?
(a) Melanie is screaming very, very loudly.
(b) They bump into NP.
(c) Someone is outside yelling at them.
(d) Benji falls and twists his ankle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the full name of the band that came to Sag Harbor in Chapter 6?
2. What does Benji remember about Melanie when he first meets her again in Chapter 7.
3. Where do Benji and Melanie start making out in Benji's old house?
4. How do Benji and his friends hide their beer in the forest?
5. Which group goes first in the neighborhood races in Chapter 8?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)