|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Benji get a ticket to the concert at Sag Harbor?
(a) He made Randy buy one for him.
(b) He was given a free ticket.
(c) He bribed someone else to buy one for him.
(d) He simply bought one.
2. Whom does Benji have a crush on in Chapter 6?
3. Which group goes first in the neighborhood races in Chapter 8?
4. How does Benji's father act when he is drinking?
(a) He gets funny.
(b) He gets mean.
(c) He gets quiet.
(d) He gets sleepy.
5. What is the title of Chapter 8?
(a) A Leaf Falls, and Summer Ends.
(b) The Black National Anthem.
(c) Of Thee I Sing.
(d) The First Sign of Fall.
6. Where do the members of the band go on the day of their concert?
(a) Benji's house.
(b) Jonni Waffle.
(c) Burger King.
(d) The beach where everyone is hanging out.
7. How do Melanie and Benji sneak out of Benji's old house?
(a) Through a window and onto the roof.
(b) Through the escape door in the basement.
(c) Through the balcony.
(d) Through the back door.
8. What question does everyone ask at the bonfire?
(a) "How's your family back home?"
(b) "When are you heading back?"
(c) "Where have you been all summer?"
(d) "Did you hear what happened to Nick's dad?"
9. What major event happens to Benji in Chapter 7?
(a) He gets his braces off.
(b) He breaks his arm.
(c) He gets into a fight.
(d) He gets his own car.
10. Who is dating Erica?
11. What is the full name of the band that came to Sag Harbor in Chapter 6?
(a) Lisa Lisa Lisa and the Sisters.
(b) Lisa Lisa and Mona Mona.
(c) Lisa Lisa and the Tools.
(d) Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam.
12. What is Benji's opinion of Melanie in the first few minutes after they meet again in Chapter 7?
(a) She seems nice enough.
(b) She is too shy.
(c) She is not healthy mentally.
(d) She's just as mean as he remembers.
13. What kind of music does Benji prefer?
(d) Top 40 songs.
14. What does Benji think about his upcoming year as the summer concludes?
(a) He'll be lucky to live through it.
(b) The year is going to be his most boring one yet.
(c) It's going to be a great year.
(d) It's going to be an awful year.
15. What does Benji listen to one Saturday morning?
(a) His mother crying.
(b) His father drinking.
(c) A radio.
(d) A vacuum cleaner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Benji feel once he is able to sneak into the concert?
2. Where did Benji first meet Melanie?
3. What is Reggie's schedule during the weekends most of the time?
4. How often do people stay at Benji's old Sag Harbor house?
5. On what holiday do the Sag Harbor neighbors celebrate the end of summer?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)