|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the local radio station in Sag Harbor?
2. When Benji looks at the Sag Harbor adults, what does he imagine is the reason he can't figure out which one he will become?
(a) His future self is too important to return to Sag Habor ever again.
(b) He doesn't live past the age of 18.
(c) His future self never returns to Sag Harbor.
(d) His future self is too scared to acknowledge himself to the younger Benji.
3. What instructions are the children given about the bonfire?
(a) To let it die out.
(b) To cover it with sand.
(c) To put water on it to make sure it's out later.
(d) To make sure it stays going all night.
4. Who suggests sneaking into Benji's old house?
5. How does Benji's father act when he is drinking?
(a) He gets sleepy.
(b) He gets funny.
(c) He gets mean.
(d) He gets quiet.
6. Whom do the members of the band talk to on the day of their concert?
(c) No one; everyone is too awestruck.
7. What does Benji remember about Melanie when he first meets her again in Chapter 7.
(b) Virtually nothing.
(c) He remembers her as being very spoiled.
(d) He remembers her as a bit of a tomboy.
8. What does Benji worry will prevent him from seeing the concert?
(a) His girlfriend.
(b) His work schedule.
(c) The bouncer at the door.
(d) His parents.
9. How often does Benji listen to the local radio station?
(a) Only at night.
(b) Every day.
(c) From time to time.
(d) Maybe once or twice a summer.
10. What is the title of Chapter 5?
(a) Reggie and Benji, Part V.
(b) Chapter 5.
(c) The Prevent Flare-Ups.
(d) The Real Cosbys.
11. How often do people stay at Benji's old Sag Harbor house?
(a) Every night.
(b) Several times a month.
(d) Not very often.
12. Who stops by to ask about Benji's dad's BBQ?
(b) The town mayor.
(c) All of Benji's friends.
13. What does Benji think of his father's BBQ at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) It's awful.
(b) It's excellent.
(c) It should be a weekly event.
(d) It would be a great way to earn money.
14. How does Benji describe his dad?
(a) As an absent father.
(b) As someone who would do anything for his sons.
(c) As a kind man.
(d) As an angry man.
15. Why does Reggie tell Benji he's ready to go back to the city?
(a) He misses his parents.
(b) He's tired of Burger King.
(c) He misses his friends back home.
(d) He misses his girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Benji do when Melanie, at a young age, suggested they get married?
2. How does Melanie act the day after she and Benji make out?
3. How many children are in Benji's family?
4. What is the title of Chapter 7?
5. What major event happens to Benji in Chapter 7?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)