|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What large item does Barry also throw into the fire?
(a) Mr. Nickerson's bench.
(b) Benji's bicycle.
(c) NP's mailbox.
(d) Reggie's Burger King uniform.
2. What does Barry throw into the bonfire?
(a) His beer cans.
(b) His homework.
(c) A firecracker.
(d) A battery.
3. What sets off Benji's father's explosive temper?
(a) Nearly anything.
(b) Hearing his children swear.
(c) Talking about his drinking problem.
(d) Bad weather.
4. What is the title of Chapter 7?
(a) Fast Girls, Slow Cars.
(b) Chasing the Dream.
(c) Chapter 7.
(d) Tonight, We Improvise.
5. What kind of shoes does Benji imagine getting for the school year?
(c) Combat boots.
(d) Fancy shoes so people take him more seiously.
6. What does Benji do to the radio before leaving the house in Chapter 7?
(a) Turns it off.
(b) Turns up the volume.
(c) Changes the station.
(d) Hides it.
7. Where are Benji's parents during the bonfire?
(a) At home, packing.
(b) At the bonfire, just like everyone else.
(c) At a cocktail party somewhere else.
(d) Back in New York City.
8. What kind of music does the local radio station play?
(a) A mix of local and national bands.
(c) Top 40 songs.
9. What is the title of Chapter 5?
(a) Reggie and Benji, Part V.
(b) The Real Cosbys.
(c) The Prevent Flare-Ups.
(d) Chapter 5.
10. Which group goes first in the neighborhood races in Chapter 8?
11. Why was the bouncer NP knew not working the door at the concert?
(a) He got fired.
(b) He got promoted.
(c) The guy NP thought was a bouncer was just a phony.
(d) He was arrested.
12. Where did Benji first meet Melanie?
(a) New York City.
(d) Sag Harbor.
13. How does Benji see the headlights pull into the driveway of his old house?
(a) He's closing the window and sees the car.
(b) He sees their reflection in a glass of water.
(c) He has his eyes open while kissing Melanie.
(d) He catches a glimpse of them in the mirror.
14. How does Benji describe his dad?
(a) As an angry man.
(b) As a kind man.
(c) As someone who would do anything for his sons.
(d) As an absent father.
15. How does Benji feel once he is able to sneak into the concert?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom do the members of the band talk to on the day of their concert?
2. On what holiday do the Sag Harbor neighbors celebrate the end of summer?
3. What do the Sag Harbor neighbors do to celebrate the end of summer?
4. Whom does Benji have a crush on in Chapter 6?
5. How do Benji and his friends hide their beer in the forest?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)