|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Benji sneaks into his old house with ___________.
(a) Just Melanie.
(b) Melanie, Reggie, and NP.
(c) Melanie and Reggie.
(d) Melanie, Reggie, NP, and Nick.
2. Why does Reggie tell Benji he's ready to go back to the city?
(a) He's tired of Burger King.
(b) He misses his girlfriend.
(c) He misses his parents.
(d) He misses his friends back home.
3. How do Melanie and Benji sneak out of Benji's old house?
(a) Through the back door.
(b) Through a window and onto the roof.
(c) Through the balcony.
(d) Through the escape door in the basement.
4. What is Benji's opinion of Melanie in the first few minutes after they meet again in Chapter 7?
(a) She is not healthy mentally.
(b) She's just as mean as he remembers.
(c) She is too shy.
(d) She seems nice enough.
5. What sets off Benji's father's explosive temper?
(a) Hearing his children swear.
(b) Talking about his drinking problem.
(c) Bad weather.
(d) Nearly anything.
6. How does Melanie act the day after she and Benji make out?
(a) She dumps Nick.
(b) Like nothing happened.
(c) She tells all her friends about it.
(d) Benji never knows; he never sees her again.
7. What kind of music does Benji prefer?
(c) Top 40 songs.
8. Whom is Melanie dating?
(d) No one.
9. What did Benji plan on dressing like in order to get into the concert?
(a) Like his mother always wants him to dress.
(b) Like his father.
(c) Like he does when he has college interviews.
(d) Like his preppie friends back in NYC.
10. With what does NP plan to bribe one of the bouncers at the concert?
(d) Free ice cream.
11. What year is it in Chapter 5?
12. What did Benji think of his father's haircuts when he was little?
(a) They were painful but worth it.
(b) They were really bad.
(c) They were necessary to save money.
(d) They were great.
13. Who arranges the wood in the bonfire?
(a) Mr. Nickerson.
(b) Reggie, since he works the grills at Burger King.
(c) Benji's dad.
14. What do the Sag Harbor neighbors do to celebrate the end of summer?
(a) Help pack up each other's cars.
(b) Have a huge party at the bowling alley.
(c) Have a block party.
(d) Hold a huge garage sale.
15. How does Benji see the headlights pull into the driveway of his old house?
(a) He sees their reflection in a glass of water.
(b) He has his eyes open while kissing Melanie.
(c) He's closing the window and sees the car.
(d) He catches a glimpse of them in the mirror.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Benji think of his father's BBQ at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. What major event happens to Benji in Chapter 7?
3. Which group goes first in the neighborhood races in Chapter 8?
4. What does Benji think about his upcoming year as the summer concludes?
5. What question does everyone ask at the bonfire?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)