|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What picture does Benji see that makes him realize how bad his father's haircuts were?
(a) A picture of himself at his sister's wedding.
(b) His prom picture.
(c) His 5th grade picture.
(d) His kindergarten picture.
2. What does Benji listen to one Saturday morning?
(a) A vacuum cleaner.
(b) His father drinking.
(c) His mother crying.
(d) A radio.
3. How does Benji feel once he is able to sneak into the concert?
4. What happens as Benji and Melanie are running away from Benji's old house?
(a) They bump into NP.
(b) Melanie is screaming very, very loudly.
(c) Someone is outside yelling at them.
(d) Benji falls and twists his ankle.
5. How does Benji's mother resolve the argument between herself and Benji's father during the BBQ?
(a) She says she wants a divorce.
(b) She says her body is just fine the way it is.
(c) She fixes her hair.
(d) She goes out to buy more plates.
6. What is Benji's opinion of Melanie in the first few minutes after they meet again in Chapter 7?
(a) She seems nice enough.
(b) She's just as mean as he remembers.
(c) She is not healthy mentally.
(d) She is too shy.
7. What does Benji think of his father's BBQ at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) It's weird for a vegetarian.
(b) It's wonderful.
(c) It's a waste of time and money.
(d) It's awful.
8. Where is Benji's sister during most of the novel?
(a) In college.
(b) Traveling in Europe.
(c) Benji doesn't have a sister.
(d) With her boyfriend.
9. On what holiday do the Sag Harbor neighbors celebrate the end of summer?
(a) The first Tuesday in October.
(b) July 4th.
(c) The first Friday in August.
(d) Labor Day.
10. How does Benji see the headlights pull into the driveway of his old house?
(a) He has his eyes open while kissing Melanie.
(b) He sees their reflection in a glass of water.
(c) He's closing the window and sees the car.
(d) He catches a glimpse of them in the mirror.
11. Who suggests sneaking into Benji's old house?
12. How do Melanie and Benji sneak out of Benji's old house?
(a) Through the back door.
(b) Through a window and onto the roof.
(c) Through the balcony.
(d) Through the escape door in the basement.
13. What kind of shoes does Benji imagine getting for the school year?
(c) Combat boots.
(d) Fancy shoes so people take him more seiously.
14. Whom does Benji have a crush on in Chapter 6?
15. What does Benji's father get annoyed about with Benji's mother during the BBQ?
(a) She needs to lose some weight.
(b) She never does her hair right.
(c) She bought cheap paper plates.
(d) She needs to gain some weight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Benji think of his father's haircuts when he was little?
2. How do all of Benji's friends feel about being able to sneak into the concert?
3. Benji sneaks into his old house with ___________.
4. What does Benji think of the concert in retrospect?
5. Whom is Melanie dating?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)