|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Benji plan on dressing like in order to get into the concert?
(a) Like his preppie friends back in NYC.
(b) Like he does when he has college interviews.
(c) Like his mother always wants him to dress.
(d) Like his father.
2. What does Benji worry will prevent him from seeing the concert?
(a) His parents.
(b) His work schedule.
(c) The bouncer at the door.
(d) His girlfriend.
3. How often do people stay at Benji's old Sag Harbor house?
(a) Several times a month.
(c) Not very often.
(d) Every night.
4. Who does NP want to bring to the concert?
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) His little brother.
5. Where are Benji's parents during the bonfire?
(a) At home, packing.
(b) At a cocktail party somewhere else.
(c) At the bonfire, just like everyone else.
(d) Back in New York City.
6. How do Benji and his friends hide their beer in the forest?
(a) Under some leaves.
(b) By burying it.
(c) By putting it in a tree.
(d) By hanging it from a tree.
7. What happened to the band shortly after the concert?
(a) They remembered Benji and his friends.
(b) They became very successful.
(c) They decided to move to Sag Harbor.
(d) They faded away after their heyday.
8. How does Benji describe his dad?
(a) As an absent father.
(b) As an angry man.
(c) As someone who would do anything for his sons.
(d) As a kind man.
9. Benji sneaks into his old house with ___________.
(a) Melanie, Reggie, and NP.
(b) Melanie and Reggie.
(c) Just Melanie.
(d) Melanie, Reggie, NP, and Nick.
10. What did Benji think of the concert at the time?
(a) It was dumb.
(b) It was amazing.
(c) It was good.
(d) It was overpriced.
11. Which group goes first in the neighborhood races in Chapter 8?
12. How do all of Benji's friends feel about being able to sneak into the concert?
(a) Totally excited.
(b) Not all of his friends are able to sneak in.
(d) Disappointed at how much effort it took.
13. Who is able to get into the concert when they try a second time?
(a) Benji and his girlfriend.
(b) Benji and Bobby.
(c) Reggie and Benji.
(d) NP and Benji.
14. How often does Benji listen to the local radio station?
(a) Every day.
(b) From time to time.
(c) Only at night.
(d) Maybe once or twice a summer.
15. How do NP and the others get home after they can't get into the concert?
(a) They walk.
(b) Bobby takes them.
(c) Randy takes them.
(d) They take a cab.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Reggie's schedule during the weekends most of the time?
2. What instructions are the children given about the bonfire?
3. What does Benji listen to one Saturday morning?
4. Where is Benji's sister during most of the novel?
5. What did Benji think of his father's haircuts when he was little?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)