|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What large item does Barry also throw into the fire?
(a) NP's mailbox.
(b) Reggie's Burger King uniform.
(c) Mr. Nickerson's bench.
(d) Benji's bicycle.
2. Who stops by to ask about Benji's dad's BBQ?
(a) The town mayor.
(c) All of Benji's friends.
3. What does Benji think about his upcoming year as the summer concludes?
(a) It's going to be an awful year.
(b) The year is going to be his most boring one yet.
(c) It's going to be a great year.
(d) He'll be lucky to live through it.
4. What do Benji and NP realize about Barry?
(a) He's Mr. Nickerson's son.
(b) He steals their stuff when no one is looking.
(c) Barry goes to their school back in New York City.
(d) He's not anyone's cousin, despite what they've been told.
5. Who does NP want to bring to the concert?
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) His little brother.
6. How often does Benji listen to the local radio station?
(a) From time to time.
(b) Maybe once or twice a summer.
(c) Only at night.
(d) Every day.
7. How do NP and the others get home after they can't get into the concert?
(a) They take a cab.
(b) They walk.
(c) Bobby takes them.
(d) Randy takes them.
8. What is Reggie's schedule during the weekends most of the time?
(a) He barely works at all.
(b) He works a lot.
(c) He has to work nights.
(d) He work on Sundays so that he can go to church.
9. What are Benji and Melanie doing as they discuss their childhoods?
(d) Running from a group of bullies.
10. What instructions are the children given about the bonfire?
(a) To let it die out.
(b) To make sure it stays going all night.
(c) To cover it with sand.
(d) To put water on it to make sure it's out later.
11. What major event happens to Benji in Chapter 7?
(a) He gets into a fight.
(b) He gets his own car.
(c) He gets his braces off.
(d) He breaks his arm.
12. Whom is Melanie dating?
(d) No one.
13. How does Benji feel once he is able to sneak into the concert?
14. Where are Benji's parents during the bonfire?
(a) At a cocktail party somewhere else.
(b) At home, packing.
(c) Back in New York City.
(d) At the bonfire, just like everyone else.
15. How do Melanie and Benji sneak out of Benji's old house?
(a) Through a window and onto the roof.
(b) Through the back door.
(c) Through the escape door in the basement.
(d) Through the balcony.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Benji looks at the Sag Harbor adults, what does he imagine is the reason he can't figure out which one he will become?
2. How does Benji see the headlights pull into the driveway of his old house?
3. What kind of music does Benji prefer?
4. What did Benji think of his father's haircuts when he was little?
5. Why does Benji identify with the Cosbys so much?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)