|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Benji's father get annoyed about with Benji's mother during the BBQ?
(a) She never does her hair right.
(b) She bought cheap paper plates.
(c) She needs to gain some weight.
(d) She needs to lose some weight.
2. How often does Benji listen to the local radio station?
(a) From time to time.
(b) Only at night.
(c) Maybe once or twice a summer.
(d) Every day.
3. Where does Benji run into Melanie?
(a) At the concert.
(b) Outside his house.
(c) In the library.
(d) In Jonni Waffle.
4. Whom does Benji have a crush on in Chapter 6?
5. What does Barry throw into the bonfire?
(a) A battery.
(b) A firecracker.
(c) His beer cans.
(d) His homework.
6. What did Benji do when Melanie, at a young age, suggested they get married?
(a) He called her his wife for several months afterward.
(b) He never answered her.
(c) He ran away screaming.
(d) He gave her a Ring Pop as a wedding ring.
7. How does Benji feel once he is able to sneak into the concert?
8. What question does everyone ask at the bonfire?
(a) "Did you hear what happened to Nick's dad?"
(b) "Where have you been all summer?"
(c) "When are you heading back?"
(d) "How's your family back home?"
9. How do Benji and his friends hide their beer in the forest?
(a) By hanging it from a tree.
(b) By putting it in a tree.
(c) By burying it.
(d) Under some leaves.
10. What kind of music does Benji prefer?
(a) Top 40 songs.
11. Who stops by to ask about Benji's dad's BBQ?
(a) The town mayor.
(c) All of Benji's friends.
12. What major event happens to Benji in Chapter 7?
(a) He gets his own car.
(b) He gets his braces off.
(c) He breaks his arm.
(d) He gets into a fight.
13. Why does Reggie tell Benji he's ready to go back to the city?
(a) He misses his girlfriend.
(b) He misses his parents.
(c) He's tired of Burger King.
(d) He misses his friends back home.
14. When Benji looks at the Sag Harbor adults, what does he imagine is the reason he can't figure out which one he will become?
(a) He doesn't live past the age of 18.
(b) His future self never returns to Sag Harbor.
(c) His future self is too important to return to Sag Habor ever again.
(d) His future self is too scared to acknowledge himself to the younger Benji.
15. How do Melanie and Benji sneak out of Benji's old house?
(a) Through the escape door in the basement.
(b) Through a window and onto the roof.
(c) Through the back door.
(d) Through the balcony.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often do people stay at Benji's old Sag Harbor house?
2. What is the title of Chapter 6?
3. How many children are in Benji's family?
4. On what holiday do the Sag Harbor neighbors celebrate the end of summer?
5. Where do the members of the band go on the day of their concert?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)