|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the bouncer NP knew not working the door at the concert?
(a) He was arrested.
(b) The guy NP thought was a bouncer was just a phony.
(c) He got fired.
(d) He got promoted.
2. How many children are in Benji's family?
3. How does Benji see the headlights pull into the driveway of his old house?
(a) He catches a glimpse of them in the mirror.
(b) He sees their reflection in a glass of water.
(c) He has his eyes open while kissing Melanie.
(d) He's closing the window and sees the car.
4. Who is dating Erica?
5. What are Benji and Melanie doing as they discuss their childhoods?
(d) Running from a group of bullies.
6. Who does NP want to bring to the concert?
(a) His little brother.
(d) His girlfriend.
7. What game does Melanie remember playing with Benji when they were little kids?
(a) Dodge ball.
(b) Red light, green light.
(c) Four square.
8. What happened to the band shortly after the concert?
(a) They became very successful.
(b) They remembered Benji and his friends.
(c) They faded away after their heyday.
(d) They decided to move to Sag Harbor.
9. What does Benji worry will prevent him from seeing the concert?
(a) The bouncer at the door.
(b) His parents.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) His work schedule.
10. Why does Reggie tell Benji he's ready to go back to the city?
(a) He misses his friends back home.
(b) He misses his parents.
(c) He's tired of Burger King.
(d) He misses his girlfriend.
11. What did Benji do when Melanie, at a young age, suggested they get married?
(a) He gave her a Ring Pop as a wedding ring.
(b) He ran away screaming.
(c) He never answered her.
(d) He called her his wife for several months afterward.
12. When Benji looks at the Sag Harbor adults, what does he imagine is the reason he can't figure out which one he will become?
(a) His future self never returns to Sag Harbor.
(b) He doesn't live past the age of 18.
(c) His future self is too important to return to Sag Habor ever again.
(d) His future self is too scared to acknowledge himself to the younger Benji.
13. How does Benji describe his dad?
(a) As an angry man.
(b) As a kind man.
(c) As someone who would do anything for his sons.
(d) As an absent father.
14. With what does NP plan to bribe one of the bouncers at the concert?
(d) Free ice cream.
15. What did Benji plan on dressing like in order to get into the concert?
(a) Like he does when he has college interviews.
(b) Like his preppie friends back in NYC.
(c) Like his father.
(d) Like his mother always wants him to dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of Chapter 6?
2. Which group goes first in the neighborhood races in Chapter 8?
3. What large item does Barry also throw into the fire?
4. Why does Benji identify with the Cosbys so much?
5. Whom do the members of the band talk to on the day of their concert?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)