|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Barry throw into the bonfire?
(a) A firecracker.
(b) His beer cans.
(c) His homework.
(d) A battery.
2. Whom does Benji have a crush on in Chapter 6?
3. How do Benji and his friends hide their beer in the forest?
(a) Under some leaves.
(b) By hanging it from a tree.
(c) By burying it.
(d) By putting it in a tree.
4. What is the title of Chapter 8?
(a) The First Sign of Fall.
(b) The Black National Anthem.
(c) Of Thee I Sing.
(d) A Leaf Falls, and Summer Ends.
5. Why does Benji identify with the Cosbys so much?
(a) He doesn't identify with them.
(b) He thinks one of the actors is just like Reggie.
(c) The mother and father have the same jobs as his parents.
(d) He totally sees himself in Theo.
6. Why does Reggie tell Benji he's ready to go back to the city?
(a) He misses his friends back home.
(b) He misses his parents.
(c) He's tired of Burger King.
(d) He misses his girlfriend.
7. What did Benji plan on dressing like in order to get into the concert?
(a) Like his mother always wants him to dress.
(b) Like he does when he has college interviews.
(c) Like his father.
(d) Like his preppie friends back in NYC.
8. Why was the bouncer NP knew not working the door at the concert?
(a) The guy NP thought was a bouncer was just a phony.
(b) He was arrested.
(c) He got promoted.
(d) He got fired.
9. What picture does Benji see that makes him realize how bad his father's haircuts were?
(a) A picture of himself at his sister's wedding.
(b) His kindergarten picture.
(c) His prom picture.
(d) His 5th grade picture.
10. What large item does Barry also throw into the fire?
(a) Benji's bicycle.
(b) Reggie's Burger King uniform.
(c) Mr. Nickerson's bench.
(d) NP's mailbox.
11. How does Melanie act the day after she and Benji make out?
(a) She tells all her friends about it.
(b) Benji never knows; he never sees her again.
(c) Like nothing happened.
(d) She dumps Nick.
12. What happened to the band shortly after the concert?
(a) They became very successful.
(b) They remembered Benji and his friends.
(c) They decided to move to Sag Harbor.
(d) They faded away after their heyday.
13. Who arranges the wood in the bonfire?
(b) Mr. Nickerson.
(c) Reggie, since he works the grills at Burger King.
(d) Benji's dad.
14. What did Benji do when Melanie, at a young age, suggested they get married?
(a) He gave her a Ring Pop as a wedding ring.
(b) He never answered her.
(c) He ran away screaming.
(d) He called her his wife for several months afterward.
15. Where do the members of the band go on the day of their concert?
(a) Burger King.
(b) Benji's house.
(c) Jonni Waffle.
(d) The beach where everyone is hanging out.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do all of Benji's friends feel about being able to sneak into the concert?
2. Benji sneaks into his old house with ___________.
3. How often do people stay at Benji's old Sag Harbor house?
4. How old was Melanie when she first kissed Benji?
5. Where is Melanie living when Benji meets her in Chapter 7?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)