|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Benji sneaks into his old house with ___________.
(a) Just Melanie.
(b) Melanie, Reggie, NP, and Nick.
(c) Melanie, Reggie, and NP.
(d) Melanie and Reggie.
2. Why does Reggie tell Benji he's ready to go back to the city?
(a) He misses his girlfriend.
(b) He misses his parents.
(c) He misses his friends back home.
(d) He's tired of Burger King.
3. Where is Melanie living when Benji meets her in Chapter 7?
(a) A rented beach house.
(b) A youth hostel.
(c) Her parents' yacht.
(d) Her parents' mansion.
4. Which word best describes Benji's father?
5. What did Benji think of his father's haircuts when he was little?
(a) They were really bad.
(b) They were necessary to save money.
(c) They were great.
(d) They were painful but worth it.
6. What does Barry throw into the bonfire?
(a) His homework.
(b) A firecracker.
(c) His beer cans.
(d) A battery.
7. Who does NP want to bring to the concert?
(a) His little brother.
(c) His girlfriend.
8. What is the title of Chapter 7?
(a) Fast Girls, Slow Cars.
(b) Chapter 7.
(c) Chasing the Dream.
(d) Tonight, We Improvise.
9. With what does NP plan to bribe one of the bouncers at the concert?
(b) Free ice cream.
10. Whom do the members of the band talk to on the day of their concert?
(b) No one; everyone is too awestruck.
11. Where are Benji's parents during the bonfire?
(a) At home, packing.
(b) At a cocktail party somewhere else.
(c) At the bonfire, just like everyone else.
(d) Back in New York City.
12. What sets off Benji's father's explosive temper?
(a) Nearly anything.
(b) Hearing his children swear.
(c) Talking about his drinking problem.
(d) Bad weather.
13. How does Melanie act the day after she and Benji make out?
(a) Benji never knows; he never sees her again.
(b) She dumps Nick.
(c) She tells all her friends about it.
(d) Like nothing happened.
14. What do the Sag Harbor neighbors do to celebrate the end of summer?
(a) Help pack up each other's cars.
(b) Hold a huge garage sale.
(c) Have a huge party at the bowling alley.
(d) Have a block party.
15. What is Reggie's schedule during the weekends most of the time?
(a) He works a lot.
(b) He has to work nights.
(c) He work on Sundays so that he can go to church.
(d) He barely works at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Benji and Melanie doing as they discuss their childhoods?
2. Who stops by to ask about Benji's dad's BBQ?
3. What is the title of Chapter 8?
4. What did Benji plan on dressing like in order to get into the concert?
5. How do Benji and his friends hide their beer in the forest?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)