|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Benji worry will prevent him from seeing the concert?
(a) His parents.
(b) His work schedule.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) The bouncer at the door.
2. How do Benji and his friends hide their beer in the forest?
(a) By putting it in a tree.
(b) By hanging it from a tree.
(c) By burying it.
(d) Under some leaves.
3. When Benji looks at the Sag Harbor adults, what does he imagine is the reason he can't figure out which one he will become?
(a) His future self is too scared to acknowledge himself to the younger Benji.
(b) His future self is too important to return to Sag Habor ever again.
(c) He doesn't live past the age of 18.
(d) His future self never returns to Sag Harbor.
4. What happens as Benji and Melanie are running away from Benji's old house?
(a) Benji falls and twists his ankle.
(b) Melanie is screaming very, very loudly.
(c) They bump into NP.
(d) Someone is outside yelling at them.
5. How often does Benji listen to the local radio station?
(a) Only at night.
(b) From time to time.
(c) Every day.
(d) Maybe once or twice a summer.
6. How many children are in Benji's family?
7. How does Benji feel once he is able to sneak into the concert?
8. What does Benji do to the radio before leaving the house in Chapter 7?
(a) Turns up the volume.
(b) Changes the station.
(c) Turns it off.
(d) Hides it.
9. What do the Sag Harbor neighbors do to celebrate the end of summer?
(a) Hold a huge garage sale.
(b) Have a huge party at the bowling alley.
(c) Help pack up each other's cars.
(d) Have a block party.
10. What did Benji plan on dressing like in order to get into the concert?
(a) Like he does when he has college interviews.
(b) Like his preppie friends back in NYC.
(c) Like his mother always wants him to dress.
(d) Like his father.
11. How often do people stay at Benji's old Sag Harbor house?
(a) Several times a month.
(c) Every night.
(d) Not very often.
12. Why does Reggie tell Benji he's ready to go back to the city?
(a) He misses his parents.
(b) He misses his girlfriend.
(c) He's tired of Burger King.
(d) He misses his friends back home.
13. What kind of shoes does Benji imagine getting for the school year?
(b) Combat boots.
(d) Fancy shoes so people take him more seiously.
14. How old was Melanie when she first kissed Benji?
15. What large item does Barry also throw into the fire?
(a) Mr. Nickerson's bench.
(b) Benji's bicycle.
(c) Reggie's Burger King uniform.
(d) NP's mailbox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Benji remember about Melanie when he first meets her again in Chapter 7.
2. What is the name of the person who acts wild at the bonfire?
3. What instructions are the children given about the bonfire?
4. Whom does Benji have a crush on in Chapter 6?
5. What club was Lisa Lisa going to play at in Sag Harbor?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)