|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Benji think of his father's haircuts when he was little?
(a) They were great.
(b) They were necessary to save money.
(c) They were painful but worth it.
(d) They were really bad.
2. How do Melanie and Benji sneak out of Benji's old house?
(a) Through the back door.
(b) Through a window and onto the roof.
(c) Through the balcony.
(d) Through the escape door in the basement.
3. Benji sneaks into his old house with ___________.
(a) Melanie, Reggie, NP, and Nick.
(b) Melanie, Reggie, and NP.
(c) Just Melanie.
(d) Melanie and Reggie.
4. Where did Benji first meet Melanie?
(a) Sag Harbor.
(b) New York City.
5. What is the name of the person who acts wild at the bonfire?
(a) Little Clive.
(b) Barry David.
(c) Big Trouble.
(d) Little Trouble.
6. What question does everyone ask at the bonfire?
(a) "Did you hear what happened to Nick's dad?"
(b) "How's your family back home?"
(c) "Where have you been all summer?"
(d) "When are you heading back?"
7. What does Benji's family spend a great deal of time trying *not* to do?
(b) Appear bored.
(c) Anger the father.
(d) Spend money.
8. Which word best describes Benji's father?
9. What do Benji and NP realize about Barry?
(a) He steals their stuff when no one is looking.
(b) He's Mr. Nickerson's son.
(c) Barry goes to their school back in New York City.
(d) He's not anyone's cousin, despite what they've been told.
10. How did Benji get a ticket to the concert at Sag Harbor?
(a) He simply bought one.
(b) He bribed someone else to buy one for him.
(c) He made Randy buy one for him.
(d) He was given a free ticket.
11. What happens as Benji and Melanie are running away from Benji's old house?
(a) Benji falls and twists his ankle.
(b) They bump into NP.
(c) Someone is outside yelling at them.
(d) Melanie is screaming very, very loudly.
12. What did Benji do when Melanie, at a young age, suggested they get married?
(a) He ran away screaming.
(b) He called her his wife for several months afterward.
(c) He never answered her.
(d) He gave her a Ring Pop as a wedding ring.
13. What is Benji's opinion of Melanie in the first few minutes after they meet again in Chapter 7?
(a) She's just as mean as he remembers.
(b) She seems nice enough.
(c) She is not healthy mentally.
(d) She is too shy.
14. Who arranges the wood in the bonfire?
(a) Reggie, since he works the grills at Burger King.
(c) Mr. Nickerson.
(d) Benji's dad.
15. Why was the bouncer NP knew not working the door at the concert?
(a) The guy NP thought was a bouncer was just a phony.
(b) He was arrested.
(c) He got promoted.
(d) He got fired.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Reggie's schedule during the weekends most of the time?
2. Where does Benji run into Melanie?
3. What kind of music does the local radio station play?
4. What is the title of Chapter 5?
5. Where do Benji and Melanie start making out in Benji's old house?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)