|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Randy's car as the boys prepare to leave the beach in Chapter 2?
(a) It won't start.
(b) It gets four flat tires.
(c) It catches on fire.
(d) It drives off by itself.
2. Who gets in trouble for leaving the freezer doors open when the power goes out at Jonni Waffle?
(c) No one.
3. What does "NP" stand for?
(a) Never Proud.
(b) Nigger, Please!
(c) Never Perfect.
(d) Neal Peter.
4. What did Martine own before he opened up Jonni Waffle?
(a) Grocery stores.
(b) A hair salon.
(c) A pet store.
(d) A fancy restaurant.
5. How is Benji currently viewed by his classmates?
(a) As someone who is smart but also really mean.
(b) As the coolest kid in town.
(c) As an outcast.
(d) As someone who is nice but not very smart.
6. What kind of place is Jonni Waffle?
(a) A sandwich shop that uses waffles for bread.
(b) A place that specializes in chicken and waffles.
(c) An ice cream parlor.
(d) A breakfast place.
7. Who else works at Jonni Waffle?
8. Whose hand did Benji hold at the roller rink?
9. Why do Reggie and NP break off from Benji when they first find each other in Sag Harbor?
(a) They all get into a fight.
(b) They walk to take a shortcut.
(c) They have decided to ditch Benji for the day.
(d) Benji gets mad at them and storms off.
10. What about Marcus's bike is so noteworthy?
(a) It has a small motor.
(b) It's really loud when it changes gears.
(c) It is bright pink because it was originally his sisters.
(d) It has an annoying horn that he honks all the time.
11. Where does Nick live during the school year?
(b) New York City.
(d) Sag Harbor.
12. What is Benji unable to do the day the power goes out at his house?
(a) Charge his cell phone.
(b) Watch his favorite shows on TV.
(c) Check his email.
(d) Wash his work clothes.
13. Who is the first of the boys to buy a BB gun?
14. What is the name of the first house Benji and his family stayed in in Sag Harbor?
(a) The house didn't really have a name.
(b) Hempstead House.
(c) The Light House.
(d) Sag Harbor Inn.
15. Who now lives in the house Benji and his family originally stayed in at Sag Harbor?
(a) His older sister.
(b) His older brother.
(c) His mother's sister.
(d) His father's ex-wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Benji hide during the BB gun fight?
2. What do Nick and NP discuss most of the time they are at Jonni Waffle?
3. What is the title of Chapter 1?
4. Which friends does Benji hang out the most with at the beginning of summer?
5. Where is Benji's family's new Sag Harbor house located?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)