|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Mama Chia wish Dan to be grateful?
(a) No one.
(d) The goddess.
2. Where has Dan been?
(a) He has been to heaven and understood all things.
(b) He has been asleep.
(c) He has been to read the Akashic records.
(d) He has been to his own hell and faced his demons.
3. What does Mama Chia say one reason is for her relationship with Dan?
(a) She assists others through Dan.
(b) She does not say anything in particular.
(c) She grows as he grows.
(d) She learns about America from Dan.
4. How does Dan embrace life after facing death?
(a) Through sexual energy.
(b) By singing a paen to the gods of the island.
(c) Through plunging off the cliff into the ocean.
(d) Through writing a poem.
5. To what do some peaceful warrior souls agree?
(a) Not returning to earth again.
(c) To endure mortal life for eons, reminding people of who they are.
(d) Residing in hell to save those souls there.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dan stops being an observer to become part of the community, what happens?
2. What does the tiger do?
3. What is Sachi doing?
4. What does Dan resolve?
5. Who is Dan's guardian angel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think Mama Chia means when she says that "The Great Leap" is frightful, but above the heart, it becomes "an elevator ride?"
2. What vision does Dan have as he meditates by the waterfall?
3. Where does Mama Chia take Dan to stay for a few days and what is his initial response?
4. What happens with Dan and the punks and do you think it will have significance later?
5. To whom does Mama Chia want Dan to be grateful and what does that mean?
6. Describe Dan's experience of "rebirth."
7. What is the path to the heart? Does this seem difficult?
8. How does the level at which Dan is in this section manifest in sexual energy?
9. Why do you think Dan dreads what lies ahead?
10. What does Dan say about himself at the beginning of chapter 13, and what do you think he means?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)