|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Dan at the opening to chapter 13?
(a) He is on the plane back to Ohio.
(b) He is lying with his head in Mama Chia's lap.
(c) He is uncertain.
(d) He is back on the surfboard.
2. What are an Indian leper, a French drunk, a suburban teen sniffing drugs, and a dying African baby?
(a) Dan's four alter egos.
(b) Four scenes through which Dan moves in the white tower.
(c) Four people who confront Dan about his life.
(d) Mama Chia's images of Dan.
3. What does the third window show?
(a) Order, balance, and creativity.
(b) Balance and justice.
(c) Creativity and stasis.
(d) Order and disorder.
4. To where does Mama Chia lead Dan?
(a) To a real tower.
(b) To a ridge.
(c) To the ocean.
(d) To a cave.
5. What does Dan feel?
(a) The nature spirits everywhere.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does one ceases to practice a way and becomes The Way?
2. To which self does survival, creativity, and power belong?
3. Who has guarded Molokai for four centuries?
4. What does Mama Chia draw?
5. How has Mama Chia made peace with being comfortable?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Dan meet and what does he advice Dan to do about the bullies?
2. What vision does Dan have as he meditates by the waterfall?
3. What task does Mama Chia give Dan and how does he handle it?
4. Where does Mama Chia take Dan to stay for a few days and what is his initial response?
5. Explain the incident with the starfish and the possible meaning of it.
6. What does Mama Chia say about second-floor energies?
7. What does the third level concern?
8. How does Mama Chia say shape shifting works and explain what you think she means.
9. What do you think Mama Chia means when she says one must clean the lower floors before ascending to higher floors?
10. How does the level at which Dan is in this section manifest in sexual energy?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)