|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Out of what can one do for others on a level where altruism and love do not yet exist?
(a) Out of a desire to go to heaven.
(b) Out of duty and responsibility.
(c) Out of a desire to look good to others.
(d) Out of guilt.
2. Who does Mama Chia invoke?
(a) The god Peli.
(b) The guardians of the ways.
(c) The Great Spirit.
3. What childhood horror does Dan relive?
(a) Of being lost at a store and not being able to find his mama.
(b) Of his dog dying slowly.
(c) Of his father accidentally being killed in front of him.
(d) Of being locked in a storage trunk by bullies.
4. What do four Hawaiian punks do?
(a) Bother Sachi.
(b) Give Dan drugs.
(c) Are disrespectful to Mama Chia.
(d) Beat up Dan.
5. What is the shadow side of the second floor as fear is of the first?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dan embrace life after facing death?
2. What has Dan failed to enter?
3. Who is Dan's guardian angel?
4. How is she determined to live?
5. What does Mama Chia tell Dan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mama Chia say shape shifting works and explain what you think she means.
2. Where does Mama Chia take Dan to stay for a few days and what is his initial response?
3. What do you think Mama Chia means when she says that "The Great Leap" is frightful, but above the heart, it becomes "an elevator ride?"
4. What do you think Mama Chia means when she says one must clean the lower floors before ascending to higher floors?
5. How does Mama Chia explain the Tower of Seven Floors?
6. What does Dan say about himself at the beginning of chapter 13, and what do you think he means?
7. Explain Mama Chia's thoughts about who she, Dan and Socrates are.
8. What does Dan realize he has to do and what do you think that means?
9. What task does Mama Chia give Dan and how does he handle it?
10. How does Mama Chia answer Dan's question about having money and supporting his family?
This section contains 1,121 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)