|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Out of what can one do for others on a level where altruism and love do not yet exist?
(a) Out of a desire to look good to others.
(b) Out of duty and responsibility.
(c) Out of a desire to go to heaven.
(d) Out of guilt.
2. Who is Dan's guardian angel?
(c) His deceased grandmother.
(d) His higher self.
3. What task does Mama Chia give Dan?
(a) To live yesterday for tomorrow.
(b) To leap 30 feet across a dizzying chasm to a ledge and doorway on the other side.
(c) To re-dig his grave but make it an altar instead.
(d) To strive for understanding.
4. What is the shadow side of the second floor as fear is of the first?
5. What does the Tower represent?
(a) The way to ascendancy.
(b) The inability of humans to become one.
(c) The chakras.
(d) The Evil inside each of us.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Dan struggle as they are walking along the cliff?
2. The third level is about what?
3. What is Fuji's best move for a fight?
4. Where does Dan awaken?
5. What does Mama Chia say Dan has become?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with Dan and the punks and do you think it will have significance later?
2. What is the path to the heart? Does this seem difficult?
3. Explain Mama Chia's thoughts about who she, Dan and Socrates are.
4. What do you think Mama Chia means when she says that "The Great Leap" is frightful, but above the heart, it becomes "an elevator ride?"
5. What does Dan realize he has to do and what do you think that means?
6. What vision does Dan have as he meditates by the waterfall?
7. Explain the incident with the starfish and the possible meaning of it.
8. Describe Dan's experience of "rebirth."
9. How does the level at which Dan is in this section manifest in sexual energy?
10. What do you think Mama Chia means when she says one must clean the lower floors before ascending to higher floors?
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)