|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which self does survival, creativity, and power belong?
(a) The Aware Self.
(b) The Needy Self.
(c) The Nurturing Self.
(d) The Basic Self.
2. Why should Dan meditate by the waterfall?
(a) If he needs to prove something to himself.
(b) So the sound blocks out his thoughts.
(c) To really hear the waterfall.
(d) No particular reason.
3. What does Dan feel at the end of chapter 12?
4. Who is Dan's guardian angel?
(a) His deceased grandmother.
(b) His higher self.
5. What self is represented by the heart?
(a) The Feeling Self.
(b) The Higher Self.
(c) The Caring Self.
(d) The Emotional Self.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does each floor represent?
2. Where is Dan assigned to work?
3. With what does Dan struggle as they are walking along the cliff?
4. Who are aware at birth?
5. When Dan stops being an observer to become part of the community, what happens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is foreshadowed in this section?
2. Does Dan change his mind about the settlement? How?
3. What does the third level concern?
4. What do you think Mama Chia means when she says that "The Great Leap" is frightful, but above the heart, it becomes "an elevator ride?"
5. What does Dan realize he has to do and what do you think that means?
6. How does Mama Chia explain the Tower of Seven Floors?
7. Why do you think Dan dreads what lies ahead?
8. How does the level at which Dan is in this section manifest in sexual energy?
9. How does Mama Chia say shape shifting works and explain what you think she means.
10. Who does Dan meet and what does he advice Dan to do about the bullies?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)