|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The third level is about what?
(a) Power to give life as well as to take it.
(b) The need for power.
(c) Power over impulses and desires of the ego.
(d) Power to create.
2. To where does Dan go in his mind?
(a) To a windy, stark plateau at the base of a white tower.
(b) To his childhood.
(c) To the surfboard experience.
(d) To the fourth pinnacle.
3. What must one do every day?
(a) Die to live.
(b) Live to die.
(c) Go through a re-birth.
(d) Choose to master the energy of life or squander it.
4. Who is Dan's guardian angel?
(a) His deceased grandmother.
(d) His higher self.
5. What does Dan realize about the lower floors?
(a) He must accept his higher self.
(b) He must live on the lower floors though he visits the higher ones.
(c) He must organize the clutter.
(d) He must accept what is rather than cling to illusions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama Chia say one reason is for her relationship with Dan?
2. What is Fuji's best move for a fight?
3. What is an "arena of battle" and "finishing school" for the Basic Self?
4. Who does Mama Chia invoke?
5. Who has guarded Molokai for four centuries?
Short Essay Questions
1. From whom does Dan ask permission to be there and what do you think this is symbolic of?
2. What do you think Mama Chia means when she says one must clean the lower floors before ascending to higher floors?
3. Who does Dan meet and what does he advice Dan to do about the bullies?
4. Explain the incident with the starfish and the possible meaning of it.
5. Where does Mama Chia take Dan to stay for a few days and what is his initial response?
6. How does the level at which Dan is in this section manifest in sexual energy?
7. What task does Mama Chia give Dan and how does he handle it?
8. What happens with Dan and the punks and do you think it will have significance later?
9. What vision does Dan have as he meditates by the waterfall?
10. What does Dan realize he has to do and what do you think that means?
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)