|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does the storekeeper warn Dan?
(a) That he has made some powerful enemies.
(b) That they live near there.
(c) That Dan should leave the island.
2. What does Dan call one of the punks?
(b) Beer belly.
3. What does the second window show?
4. How has Mama Chia made peace with being comfortable?
(a) By trying to be kind to those nearby.
(b) By rationalizing.
(c) By being peace.
(d) By making others just as comfortable.
5. What is Fuji's best move for a fight?
(a) Turning and running.
(b) Shaking hands and asking to be friends.
(c) A one-two punch followed by a kick to the groin.
(d) A kick followed by a punch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dan do just before darkness falls?
2. What does the Tower represent?
3. Where do Mama Chia, Sachi and Dan go?
4. Why should Dan meditate by the waterfall?
5. What happens when Mama Chia throws the bird in the air.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think Mama Chia means when she says one must clean the lower floors before ascending to higher floors?
2. What do you think Mama Chia means when she says that "The Great Leap" is frightful, but above the heart, it becomes "an elevator ride?"
3. Who does Dan meet and what does he advice Dan to do about the bullies?
4. What vision does Dan have as he meditates by the waterfall?
5. What does the third level concern?
6. What does Dan realize he has to do and what do you think that means?
7. Describe Dan's experience of "rebirth."
8. What is foreshadowed in this section?
9. From whom does Dan ask permission to be there and what do you think this is symbolic of?
10. How does Mama Chia say shape shifting works and explain what you think she means.
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)