|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dan realize about the lower floors?
(a) He must live on the lower floors though he visits the higher ones.
(b) He must organize the clutter.
(c) He must accept his higher self.
(d) He must accept what is rather than cling to illusions.
2. Who does Mama Chia invoke?
(a) The guardians of the ways.
(b) The god Peli.
(c) The Great Spirit.
3. What does Mama Chia tell Tia?
(a) That the baby will be free of leprosy.
(b) That Mama Chia has found a home for the baby that she must give up after birth.
(c) That she is almost well.
(d) That she may die soon.
4. What does the tiger do?
(a) Lies down beside Dan .
(b) Pulls Dan out of the grave.
(c) Mauls Dan's face.
(d) Licks Dan's face.
5. According to Mama Chia, what does shape shifting involve?
(a) Believing at the heart level that you are what you want to become.
(b) Transferring consciousness and forming deep empathy and awareness.
(c) Getting a good costume.
(d) Shape Shifting is merely metaphoric.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dan resolve?
2. What does the first window show?
3. Why should Dan meditate by the waterfall?
4. What does the third window show?
5. What task does Mama Chia give Dan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think Mama Chia means when she says one must clean the lower floors before ascending to higher floors?
2. From whom does Dan ask permission to be there and what do you think this is symbolic of?
3. What happens with Dan and the punks and do you think it will have significance later?
4. Why do you think Dan dreads what lies ahead?
5. Who does Dan meet and what does he advice Dan to do about the bullies?
6. What vision does Dan have as he meditates by the waterfall?
7. What is the path to the heart? Does this seem difficult?
8. How does Mama Chia say shape shifting works and explain what you think she means.
9. How does the level at which Dan is in this section manifest in sexual energy?
10. What does the third level concern?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)