|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama Chia say Dan has become?
(a) A robot.
(b) A human being.
(c) A fakir.
(d) A jewel.
2. Where do Mama Chia, Sachi and Dan go?
(a) To Oahu.
(b) To the Big Island.
(c) To Maui.
(d) To the Fujumoto's home.
3. What has Dan failed to enter?
(b) The path of life.
(c) The fourth floor.
(d) The well.
4. How is she determined to live?
(a) Under a doctor's care.
(b) Fully until she dies.
(d) She is determined to heal herself.
5. To which self does survival, creativity, and power belong?
(a) The Nurturing Self.
(b) The Aware Self.
(c) The Needy Self.
(d) The Basic Self.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the second window show?
2. Where does Mama Chia say Dan will help for a few days?
3. If Dan fails in the task Mama Chia gives him, what will happen?
4. What does Mama Chia do to her pet bird?
5. Where is Dan assigned to work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mama Chia say about second-floor energies?
2. What vision does Dan have as he meditates by the waterfall?
3. What happens with Dan and the punks and do you think it will have significance later?
4. Explain Mama Chia's thoughts about who she, Dan and Socrates are.
5. What task does Mama Chia give Dan and how does he handle it?
6. Who does Dan meet and what does he advice Dan to do about the bullies?
7. How does Mama Chia explain the Tower of Seven Floors?
8. What is foreshadowed in this section?
9. Describe Dan's experience of "rebirth."
10. What is the path to the heart? Does this seem difficult?
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)