|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dan feel?
(b) The nature spirits everywhere.
2. What does Dan feel at the end of chapter 12?
3. Of what does the storekeeper warn Dan?
(b) That he has made some powerful enemies.
(c) That Dan should leave the island.
(d) That they live near there.
4. For what is Mama Chia at high risk?
(d) A stroke.
5. What does Mama Chia tell Tia?
(a) That she may die soon.
(b) That the baby will be free of leprosy.
(c) That Mama Chia has found a home for the baby that she must give up after birth.
(d) That she is almost well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Dan assigned to work?
2. When does one ceases to practice a way and becomes The Way?
3. What childhood horror does Dan relive?
4. What does Dan resolve?
5. What does Mama Chia draw?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Mama Chia's thoughts about who she, Dan and Socrates are.
2. Does Dan change his mind about the settlement? How?
3. What happens with Dan and the punks and do you think it will have significance later?
4. What task does Mama Chia give Dan and how does he handle it?
5. To whom does Mama Chia want Dan to be grateful and what does that mean?
6. What do you think Mama Chia means when she says that "The Great Leap" is frightful, but above the heart, it becomes "an elevator ride?"
7. How does Mama Chia answer Dan's question about having money and supporting his family?
8. What do you think Mama Chia means when she says one must clean the lower floors before ascending to higher floors?
9. What is foreshadowed in this section?
10. What does Dan realize he has to do and what do you think that means?
This section contains 1,119 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)