|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Mama Chia, Sachi and Dan go?
(a) To Maui.
(b) To Oahu.
(c) To the Big Island.
(d) To the Fujumoto's home.
2. What does the first window show?
3. Where does Mama Chia say Dan will help for a few days?
(a) The caves of Molokai.
(b) At her farm.
(d) With the storekeeper.
4. What does Mama Chia tell Dan?
(a) Leprosy is not contagious.
(b) Leprosy is not the issue.
(c) Death comes to all.
(d) Not to show fear or revulsion.
5. What does the Tower represent?
(a) The way to ascendancy.
(b) The inability of humans to become one.
(c) The Evil inside each of us.
(d) The chakras.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama Chia have Dan dig?
2. How does Dan feel about being naked when Mama Chia appears?
3. What does the tiger do?
4. As Mama Chia hurries among gravestones and speaks with new urgency, what does Dan feel?
5. Why do they borrow a truck?
Short Essay Questions
1. From whom does Dan ask permission to be there and what do you think this is symbolic of?
2. Who does Dan meet and what does he advice Dan to do about the bullies?
3. What does Dan say about himself at the beginning of chapter 13, and what do you think he means?
4. How does the level at which Dan is in this section manifest in sexual energy?
5. What is foreshadowed in this section?
6. What does the third level concern?
7. What vision does Dan have as he meditates by the waterfall?
8. How does Mama Chia say shape shifting works and explain what you think she means.
9. Describe Dan's experience of "rebirth."
10. Why do you think Dan dreads what lies ahead?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)