|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does Mama Chia lead Dan?
(a) To the ocean.
(b) To a ridge.
(c) To a real tower.
(d) To a cave.
2. What does Mama Chia have Dan dig?
(a) A well.
(b) A trench.
(d) A grave.
3. What childhood horror does Dan relive?
(a) Of being locked in a storage trunk by bullies.
(b) Of his father accidentally being killed in front of him.
(c) Of being lost at a store and not being able to find his mama.
(d) Of his dog dying slowly.
4. Where does Dan awaken?
(a) At the burial site.
(b) In his bed at Mama Chia's house.
(c) On a surfboard.
(d) In Ohio.
5. What does the second window show?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the shadow side of the second floor as fear is of the first?
2. What does the third window show?
3. Where does Mama Chia say Dan will help for a few days?
4. Who does Mama Chia invoke?
5. Where has Dan been?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think Mama Chia means when she says one must clean the lower floors before ascending to higher floors?
2. How does the level at which Dan is in this section manifest in sexual energy?
3. How does Mama Chia answer Dan's question about having money and supporting his family?
4. Does Dan change his mind about the settlement? How?
5. What vision does Dan have as he meditates by the waterfall?
6. What is foreshadowed in this section?
7. What does Dan realize he has to do and what do you think that means?
8. Explain the incident with the starfish and the possible meaning of it.
9. Why do you think Dan dreads what lies ahead?
10. Who does Dan meet and what does he advice Dan to do about the bullies?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)