|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why should Dan meditate by the waterfall?
(a) So the sound blocks out his thoughts.
(b) No particular reason.
(c) To really hear the waterfall.
(d) If he needs to prove something to himself.
2. What does Mama Chia say Dan has become?
(a) A jewel.
(b) A fakir.
(c) A human being.
(d) A robot.
3. How is she determined to live?
(a) Fully until she dies.
(b) Under a doctor's care.
(c) She is determined to heal herself.
4. Where does Dan awaken?
(a) In his bed at Mama Chia's house.
(b) On a surfboard.
(c) In Ohio.
(d) At the burial site.
5. Of what does the storekeeper warn Dan?
(b) That they live near there.
(c) That Dan should leave the island.
(d) That he has made some powerful enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dan's guardian angel?
2. What are an Indian leper, a French drunk, a suburban teen sniffing drugs, and a dying African baby?
3. How does Dan feel about being naked when Mama Chia appears?
4. What must one do every day?
5. What is an "arena of battle" and "finishing school" for the Basic Self?
Short Essay Questions
1. What vision does Dan have as he meditates by the waterfall?
2. What is the path to the heart? Does this seem difficult?
3. What is foreshadowed in this section?
4. How does the level at which Dan is in this section manifest in sexual energy?
5. Explain the incident with the starfish and the possible meaning of it.
6. What do you think Mama Chia means when she says one must clean the lower floors before ascending to higher floors?
7. Describe Dan's experience of "rebirth."
8. To whom does Mama Chia want Dan to be grateful and what does that mean?
9. What does Mama Chia say about second-floor energies?
10. How does Mama Chia answer Dan's question about having money and supporting his family?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)