|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are aware at birth?
(a) No one.
(b) Genuine masters.
(c) All creatures.
(d) All humans.
2. What does Dan realize about the lower floors?
(a) He must live on the lower floors though he visits the higher ones.
(b) He must accept his higher self.
(c) He must organize the clutter.
(d) He must accept what is rather than cling to illusions.
3. How does Dan feel about being naked when Mama Chia appears?
(c) Not ashamed.
4. Where is Dan at the opening to chapter 13?
(a) He is uncertain.
(b) He is back on the surfboard.
(c) He is on the plane back to Ohio.
(d) He is lying with his head in Mama Chia's lap.
5. To where does Mama Chia take Dan?
(a) To a cabin.
(b) To Oahu.
(c) To the Big Island.
(d) To a cave.
6. Why is Dan afraid?
(a) He has no gun.
(b) That Beer Belly may return.
(c) He has lost his good physical conditioning.
(d) Because of the leprosy.
7. What does Mama Chia declare about her, Dan and Socrates?
(a) They are to teach the world.
(b) They are not from this planet.
(c) They have the combined wisdom of an avatar.
(d) They are soul mates.
8. What does Dan call one of the punks?
(a) Beer belly.
9. If Dan fails in the task Mama Chia gives him, what will happen?
(a) He will feel pain and part of him will die.
(b) He will try again.
(c) He will know he is not yet ready for that floor.
(d) He will succeed just from trying.
10. What does the tiger do?
(a) Pulls Dan out of the grave.
(b) Licks Dan's face.
(c) Lies down beside Dan .
(d) Mauls Dan's face.
11. What is the shadow side of the second floor as fear is of the first?
12. What does the world mirror?
(a) One's alter ego.
(b) One's belief system.
(c) One's level of awareness.
(d) One's desire for growth.
13. What must one do every day?
(a) Choose to master the energy of life or squander it.
(b) Live to die.
(c) Die to live.
(d) Go through a re-birth.
14. Who does Mama Chia invoke?
(a) The god Peli.
(c) The guardians of the ways.
(d) The Great Spirit.
15. When does one ceases to practice a way and becomes The Way?
(a) Just before enlightenment.
(b) When the person and god are one.
(c) After ascension.
(d) When one is content serving others.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dan stops being an observer to become part of the community, what happens?
2. Who is Dan's guardian angel?
3. To which self does survival, creativity, and power belong?
4. Where has Dan been?
5. What does Mama Chia say Dan has become?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)