|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Dan failed to enter?
(a) The well.
(b) The fourth floor.
(c) The path of life.
2. To where does Dan go in his mind?
(a) To the surfboard experience.
(b) To the fourth pinnacle.
(c) To a windy, stark plateau at the base of a white tower.
(d) To his childhood.
3. What sometimes happens when angelic souls overshadow primitive animals to experience life through them?
(a) They die.
(b) They cannot separate.
(c) They elevate the souls of the animals.
(d) They move forward in evolution.
4. Until the fourth floor, around what are the many kinds of love centered?
5. What does Dan call one of the punks?
(a) Beer belly.
6. What is Fuji's best move for a fight?
(a) Turning and running.
(b) Shaking hands and asking to be friends.
(c) A one-two punch followed by a kick to the groin.
(d) A kick followed by a punch.
7. To what do some peaceful warrior souls agree?
(a) Residing in hell to save those souls there.
(b) To endure mortal life for eons, reminding people of who they are.
(d) Not returning to earth again.
8. Where is Dan assigned to work?
(a) At the clinic.
(b) Bathing patients.
(c) Clearing the garden.
(d) In the kitchen.
9. What does Dan realize about the lower floors?
(a) He must organize the clutter.
(b) He must accept what is rather than cling to illusions.
(c) He must live on the lower floors though he visits the higher ones.
(d) He must accept his higher self.
10. When Dan stops being an observer to become part of the community, what happens?
(a) He stops worrying about catching leprosy.
(b) He realizes how shallow he is.
(c) He understands Mama Chia's purpose.
(d) He is ready to leave.
11. Out of what can one do for others on a level where altruism and love do not yet exist?
(a) Out of guilt.
(b) Out of a desire to go to heaven.
(c) Out of a desire to look good to others.
(d) Out of duty and responsibility.
12. What does Mama Chia tell Dan?
(a) Death comes to all.
(b) Leprosy is not the issue.
(c) Not to show fear or revulsion.
(d) Leprosy is not contagious.
13. Where do Mama Chia, Sachi and Dan go?
(a) To the Big Island.
(b) To the Fujumoto's home.
(c) To Maui.
(d) To Oahu.
14. What self is represented by the heart?
(a) The Higher Self.
(b) The Emotional Self.
(c) The Caring Self.
(d) The Feeling Self.
15. What happens when Mama Chia throws the bird in the air.
(a) It flutters its wings and then lands on her shoulder.
(b) It flies out to sea.
(c) Nothing; it is unharmed.
(d) It falls to the ground dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the world mirror?
2. According to Mama Chia, what does shape shifting involve?
3. Who is Dan's guardian angel?
4. How does Dan embrace life after facing death?
5. Of what does the storekeeper warn Dan?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)