|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are an Indian leper, a French drunk, a suburban teen sniffing drugs, and a dying African baby?
(a) Mama Chia's images of Dan.
(b) Four scenes through which Dan moves in the white tower.
(c) Four people who confront Dan about his life.
(d) Dan's four alter egos.
2. What does Dan feel?
(a) The nature spirits everywhere.
3. According to Mama Chia, what does shape shifting involve?
(a) Getting a good costume.
(b) Transferring consciousness and forming deep empathy and awareness.
(c) Believing at the heart level that you are what you want to become.
(d) Shape Shifting is merely metaphoric.
4. What task does Mama Chia give Dan?
(a) To strive for understanding.
(b) To live yesterday for tomorrow.
(c) To re-dig his grave but make it an altar instead.
(d) To leap 30 feet across a dizzying chasm to a ledge and doorway on the other side.
5. Who has guarded Molokai for four centuries?
6. What does Dan resolve?
(a) To live a better life.
(b) To repair the relationships in his own family.
(c) To stay and care for Mama Chia.
(d) To return to Hawaii every year.
7. The third level is about what?
(a) Power over impulses and desires of the ego.
(b) The need for power.
(c) Power to give life as well as to take it.
(d) Power to create.
8. Where do Mama Chia, Sachi and Dan go?
(a) To Oahu.
(b) To the Big Island.
(c) To Maui.
(d) To the Fujumoto's home.
9. What does Dan's disembodied self do?
(b) Stands and looks at his body.
(c) Levitates onto the shroud-like sheet.
(d) Flies into the heavens.
10. What does the second window show?
11. When Dan awakes on the other side, what happens?
(a) He is stronger.
(b) He has a broken leg.
(c) He is weak and needs help arising.
(d) His injuries disappear.
12. Why should Dan meditate by the waterfall?
(a) To really hear the waterfall.
(b) If he needs to prove something to himself.
(c) No particular reason.
(d) So the sound blocks out his thoughts.
13. What does Mama Chia have Dan dig?
(a) A trench.
(b) A well.
(d) A grave.
14. What does Mama Chia draw?
(a) The Seven Towers of Saren.
(b) The Tower of Seven Floors.
(c) The Tower of Seven Powers.
(d) The Seven Towers of Babel.
15. What does Dan call one of the punks?
(b) Beer belly.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does one ceases to practice a way and becomes The Way?
2. Out of what can one do for others on a level where altruism and love do not yet exist?
3. Who does Mama Chia invoke?
4. Where is Dan at the opening to chapter 13?
5. What does the tiger do?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)