|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must one do every day?
(a) Choose to master the energy of life or squander it.
(b) Die to live.
(c) Go through a re-birth.
(d) Live to die.
2. According to Mama Chia, what does shape shifting involve?
(a) Getting a good costume.
(b) Believing at the heart level that you are what you want to become.
(c) Transferring consciousness and forming deep empathy and awareness.
(d) Shape Shifting is merely metaphoric.
3. The third level is about what?
(a) Power to create.
(b) Power over impulses and desires of the ego.
(c) The need for power.
(d) Power to give life as well as to take it.
4. What are an Indian leper, a French drunk, a suburban teen sniffing drugs, and a dying African baby?
(a) Four scenes through which Dan moves in the white tower.
(b) Dan's four alter egos.
(c) Four people who confront Dan about his life.
(d) Mama Chia's images of Dan.
5. What is Sachi doing?
(a) Waiting on the other side to take care of Dan's cuts.
(b) Paddling away on a surfboard.
(c) Clinging to the far ledge and calling for help as the tiger paces nearby.
6. What is an "arena of battle" and "finishing school" for the Basic Self?
(a) Each floor.
(b) The first floor.
(c) The fourth floor.
(d) The third floor.
7. Why should Dan meditate by the waterfall?
(a) To really hear the waterfall.
(b) No particular reason.
(c) If he needs to prove something to himself.
(d) So the sound blocks out his thoughts.
8. To where does Mama Chia take Dan?
(a) To Oahu.
(b) To a cabin.
(c) To the Big Island.
(d) To a cave.
9. Who is Dan's guardian angel?
(c) His deceased grandmother.
(d) His higher self.
10. What has Dan failed to enter?
(a) The path of life.
(c) The fourth floor.
(d) The well.
11. How has Mama Chia made peace with being comfortable?
(a) By rationalizing.
(b) By being peace.
(c) By trying to be kind to those nearby.
(d) By making others just as comfortable.
12. To which self does survival, creativity, and power belong?
(a) The Basic Self.
(b) The Nurturing Self.
(c) The Aware Self.
(d) The Needy Self.
13. Of what does the storekeeper warn Dan?
(a) That he has made some powerful enemies.
(c) That Dan should leave the island.
(d) That they live near there.
14. What does Mama Chia do to her pet bird?
(b) Crush it.
(c) Let it go free.
(d) Feed it grubs.
15. To what do some peaceful warrior souls agree?
(a) Not returning to earth again.
(b) To endure mortal life for eons, reminding people of who they are.
(c) Residing in hell to save those souls there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What self is represented by the heart?
2. What does Mama Chia tell Dan?
3. What does the third window show?
4. What does Mama Chia say one reason is for her relationship with Dan?
5. What does Dan feel?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)