|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dan realize about the lower floors?
(a) He must accept what is rather than cling to illusions.
(b) He must organize the clutter.
(c) He must accept his higher self.
(d) He must live on the lower floors though he visits the higher ones.
2. What does the tiger do?
(a) Licks Dan's face.
(b) Pulls Dan out of the grave.
(c) Mauls Dan's face.
(d) Lies down beside Dan .
3. What is Fuji's best move for a fight?
(a) Turning and running.
(b) A one-two punch followed by a kick to the groin.
(c) A kick followed by a punch.
(d) Shaking hands and asking to be friends.
4. When Dan awakes on the other side, what happens?
(a) He has a broken leg.
(b) His injuries disappear.
(c) He is weak and needs help arising.
(d) He is stronger.
5. What does Dan's disembodied self do?
(a) Levitates onto the shroud-like sheet.
(b) Stands and looks at his body.
(c) Flies into the heavens.
6. What is an "arena of battle" and "finishing school" for the Basic Self?
(a) The first floor.
(b) The third floor.
(c) Each floor.
(d) The fourth floor.
7. To whom does Mama Chia wish Dan to be grateful?
(a) No one.
(c) The goddess.
8. Who does Mama Chia invoke?
(a) The Great Spirit.
(b) The god Peli.
(c) The guardians of the ways.
9. What are an Indian leper, a French drunk, a suburban teen sniffing drugs, and a dying African baby?
(a) Four people who confront Dan about his life.
(b) Four scenes through which Dan moves in the white tower.
(c) Dan's four alter egos.
(d) Mama Chia's images of Dan.
10. What childhood horror does Dan relive?
(a) Of being locked in a storage trunk by bullies.
(b) Of his father accidentally being killed in front of him.
(c) Of his dog dying slowly.
(d) Of being lost at a store and not being able to find his mama.
11. What does the Tower represent?
(a) The chakras.
(b) The way to ascendancy.
(c) The Evil inside each of us.
(d) The inability of humans to become one.
12. What does Mama Chia tell Tia?
(a) That Mama Chia has found a home for the baby that she must give up after birth.
(b) That the baby will be free of leprosy.
(c) That she is almost well.
(d) That she may die soon.
13. How is she determined to live?
(a) She is determined to heal herself.
(b) Fully until she dies.
(d) Under a doctor's care.
14. What does Mama Chia do to her pet bird?
(b) Crush it.
(c) Feed it grubs.
(d) Let it go free.
15. What does Dan feel?
(c) The nature spirits everywhere.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dan embrace life after facing death?
2. How has Mama Chia made peace with being comfortable?
3. What does Mama Chia have Dan dig?
4. What is Sachi doing?
5. What is the shadow side of the second floor as fear is of the first?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)