|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What self is represented by the heart?
(a) The Emotional Self.
(b) The Higher Self.
(c) The Feeling Self.
(d) The Caring Self.
2. What does Mama Chia tell Dan?
(a) Leprosy is not the issue.
(b) Leprosy is not contagious.
(c) Not to show fear or revulsion.
(d) Death comes to all.
3. The third level is about what?
(a) The need for power.
(b) Power to create.
(c) Power to give life as well as to take it.
(d) Power over impulses and desires of the ego.
4. What does Mama Chia have Dan dig?
(a) A grave.
(c) A trench.
(d) A well.
5. What are an Indian leper, a French drunk, a suburban teen sniffing drugs, and a dying African baby?
(a) Four people who confront Dan about his life.
(b) Dan's four alter egos.
(c) Mama Chia's images of Dan.
(d) Four scenes through which Dan moves in the white tower.
6. What does the first window show?
7. According to Mama Chia, what does shape shifting involve?
(a) Getting a good costume.
(b) Shape Shifting is merely metaphoric.
(c) Transferring consciousness and forming deep empathy and awareness.
(d) Believing at the heart level that you are what you want to become.
8. Why do they borrow a truck?
(a) To go into Kaunakakai to shop.
(b) To go to the mainland.
(c) To go to a large waterfall.
(d) Because Mama Chia is tired.
9. What is Fuji's best move for a fight?
(a) Shaking hands and asking to be friends.
(b) Turning and running.
(c) A one-two punch followed by a kick to the groin.
(d) A kick followed by a punch.
10. To whom does Mama Chia wish Dan to be grateful?
(b) No one.
(d) The goddess.
11. Where is Dan at the opening to chapter 13?
(a) He is on the plane back to Ohio.
(b) He is uncertain.
(c) He is back on the surfboard.
(d) He is lying with his head in Mama Chia's lap.
12. What childhood horror does Dan relive?
(a) Of being lost at a store and not being able to find his mama.
(b) Of being locked in a storage trunk by bullies.
(c) Of his father accidentally being killed in front of him.
(d) Of his dog dying slowly.
13. Where does Dan awaken?
(a) On a surfboard.
(b) At the burial site.
(c) In his bed at Mama Chia's house.
(d) In Ohio.
14. What happens when Mama Chia throws the bird in the air.
(a) It flutters its wings and then lands on her shoulder.
(b) Nothing; it is unharmed.
(c) It flies out to sea.
(d) It falls to the ground dead.
15. What does the Tower represent?
(a) The way to ascendancy.
(b) The chakras.
(c) The Evil inside each of us.
(d) The inability of humans to become one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dan feel at the end of chapter 12?
2. When Dan stops being an observer to become part of the community, what happens?
3. What is Sachi doing?
4. What sometimes happens when angelic souls overshadow primitive animals to experience life through them?
5. What does Dan think is one reason Socrates sends him to Mama Chia?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)