|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What self is represented by the heart?
(a) The Emotional Self.
(b) The Feeling Self.
(c) The Caring Self.
(d) The Higher Self.
2. To what do some peaceful warrior souls agree?
(a) To endure mortal life for eons, reminding people of who they are.
(b) Residing in hell to save those souls there.
(c) Not returning to earth again.
3. Why is Dan afraid?
(a) Because of the leprosy.
(b) He has no gun.
(c) That Beer Belly may return.
(d) He has lost his good physical conditioning.
4. What does Dan feel at the end of chapter 12?
5. To where does Dan go in his mind?
(a) To his childhood.
(b) To the fourth pinnacle.
(c) To the surfboard experience.
(d) To a windy, stark plateau at the base of a white tower.
6. Where does Mama Chia say Dan will help for a few days?
(b) At her farm.
(c) With the storekeeper.
(d) The caves of Molokai.
7. What is the shadow side of the second floor as fear is of the first?
8. What must one do every day?
(a) Choose to master the energy of life or squander it.
(b) Live to die.
(c) Go through a re-birth.
(d) Die to live.
9. Who has guarded Molokai for four centuries?
10. What does Mama Chia say Dan has become?
(a) A human being.
(b) A jewel.
(c) A fakir.
(d) A robot.
11. How does Dan feel about being naked when Mama Chia appears?
(b) Not ashamed.
12. What does the world mirror?
(a) One's level of awareness.
(b) One's alter ego.
(c) One's desire for growth.
(d) One's belief system.
13. What does Dan feel?
(d) The nature spirits everywhere.
14. How does Dan embrace life after facing death?
(a) Through plunging off the cliff into the ocean.
(b) Through sexual energy.
(c) By singing a paen to the gods of the island.
(d) Through writing a poem.
15. What is an "arena of battle" and "finishing school" for the Basic Self?
(a) Each floor.
(b) The first floor.
(c) The third floor.
(d) The fourth floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama Chia say one reason is for her relationship with Dan?
2. What are an Indian leper, a French drunk, a suburban teen sniffing drugs, and a dying African baby?
3. When does one ceases to practice a way and becomes The Way?
4. What does the second window show?
5. Until the fourth floor, around what are the many kinds of love centered?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)