|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Dan fails in the task Mama Chia gives him, what will happen?
(a) He will feel pain and part of him will die.
(b) He will succeed just from trying.
(c) He will know he is not yet ready for that floor.
(d) He will try again.
2. How is she determined to live?
(a) Fully until she dies.
(b) She is determined to heal herself.
(c) Under a doctor's care.
3. The third level is about what?
(a) Power to create.
(b) The need for power.
(c) Power over impulses and desires of the ego.
(d) Power to give life as well as to take it.
4. What does Mama Chia draw?
(a) The Tower of Seven Powers.
(b) The Tower of Seven Floors.
(c) The Seven Towers of Babel.
(d) The Seven Towers of Saren.
5. What do four Hawaiian punks do?
(a) Bother Sachi.
(b) Are disrespectful to Mama Chia.
(c) Give Dan drugs.
(d) Beat up Dan.
6. To whom does Mama Chia wish Dan to be grateful?
(a) No one.
(c) The goddess.
7. What are an Indian leper, a French drunk, a suburban teen sniffing drugs, and a dying African baby?
(a) Four people who confront Dan about his life.
(b) Dan's four alter egos.
(c) Mama Chia's images of Dan.
(d) Four scenes through which Dan moves in the white tower.
8. What does the second window show?
9. What does Mama Chia say Dan has become?
(a) A robot.
(b) A jewel.
(c) A fakir.
(d) A human being.
10. Who does Mama Chia invoke?
(a) The god Peli.
(b) The Great Spirit.
(d) The guardians of the ways.
11. Where does Dan awaken?
(a) At the burial site.
(b) On a surfboard.
(c) In Ohio.
(d) In his bed at Mama Chia's house.
12. To where does Dan go in his mind?
(a) To a windy, stark plateau at the base of a white tower.
(b) To the fourth pinnacle.
(c) To his childhood.
(d) To the surfboard experience.
13. As Mama Chia hurries among gravestones and speaks with new urgency, what does Dan feel?
14. What does Dan feel at the end of chapter 12?
15. To where does Mama Chia take Dan?
(a) To a cabin.
(b) To the Big Island.
(c) To Oahu.
(d) To a cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dan's guardian angel?
2. What does Mama Chia tell Dan?
3. When Dan awakes on the other side, what happens?
4. Where has Dan been?
5. What does Dan think is one reason Socrates sends him to Mama Chia?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)