|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Dan assigned to work?
(a) At the clinic.
(b) Bathing patients.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) Clearing the garden.
2. What does Mama Chia have Dan dig?
(a) A well.
(b) A trench.
(c) A grave.
3. What do four Hawaiian punks do?
(a) Beat up Dan.
(b) Give Dan drugs.
(c) Bother Sachi.
(d) Are disrespectful to Mama Chia.
4. To where does Mama Chia lead Dan?
(a) To a cave.
(b) To a ridge.
(c) To the ocean.
(d) To a real tower.
5. To which self does survival, creativity, and power belong?
(a) The Needy Self.
(b) The Basic Self.
(c) The Nurturing Self.
(d) The Aware Self.
6. What is the shadow side of the second floor as fear is of the first?
7. What does Mama Chia say Dan has become?
(a) A human being.
(b) A robot.
(c) A fakir.
(d) A jewel.
8. Who has guarded Molokai for four centuries?
9. When Dan awakes on the other side, what happens?
(a) He is stronger.
(b) He is weak and needs help arising.
(c) His injuries disappear.
(d) He has a broken leg.
10. What does Mama Chia do to her pet bird?
(a) Let it go free.
(b) Crush it.
(d) Feed it grubs.
11. Why should Dan meditate by the waterfall?
(a) To really hear the waterfall.
(b) If he needs to prove something to himself.
(c) So the sound blocks out his thoughts.
(d) No particular reason.
12. What does Dan's disembodied self do?
(a) Levitates onto the shroud-like sheet.
(c) Flies into the heavens.
(d) Stands and looks at his body.
13. For what is Mama Chia at high risk?
(a) A stroke.
14. What is an "arena of battle" and "finishing school" for the Basic Self?
(a) The fourth floor.
(b) The third floor.
(c) The first floor.
(d) Each floor.
15. According to Mama Chia, what does shape shifting involve?
(a) Believing at the heart level that you are what you want to become.
(b) Shape Shifting is merely metaphoric.
(c) Getting a good costume.
(d) Transferring consciousness and forming deep empathy and awareness.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dan stops being an observer to become part of the community, what happens?
2. Where does Mama Chia say Dan will help for a few days?
3. What does each floor represent?
4. What does the tiger do?
5. What does Mama Chia tell Tia?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)