|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dan awakes on the other side, what happens?
(a) He is stronger.
(b) His injuries disappear.
(c) He has a broken leg.
(d) He is weak and needs help arising.
2. Out of what can one do for others on a level where altruism and love do not yet exist?
(a) Out of a desire to go to heaven.
(b) Out of a desire to look good to others.
(c) Out of duty and responsibility.
(d) Out of guilt.
3. What has Dan failed to enter?
(a) The well.
(c) The fourth floor.
(d) The path of life.
4. Why do they borrow a truck?
(a) To go to a large waterfall.
(b) To go to the mainland.
(c) Because Mama Chia is tired.
(d) To go into Kaunakakai to shop.
5. Until the fourth floor, around what are the many kinds of love centered?
6. Who are aware at birth?
(a) Genuine masters.
(b) All creatures.
(c) No one.
(d) All humans.
7. What is an "arena of battle" and "finishing school" for the Basic Self?
(a) Each floor.
(b) The third floor.
(c) The fourth floor.
(d) The first floor.
8. What does Mama Chia declare about her, Dan and Socrates?
(a) They have the combined wisdom of an avatar.
(b) They are to teach the world.
(c) They are not from this planet.
(d) They are soul mates.
9. What does the first window show?
10. According to Mama Chia, what does shape shifting involve?
(a) Shape Shifting is merely metaphoric.
(b) Believing at the heart level that you are what you want to become.
(c) Getting a good costume.
(d) Transferring consciousness and forming deep empathy and awareness.
11. What does Mama Chia say one reason is for her relationship with Dan?
(a) She grows as he grows.
(b) She does not say anything in particular.
(c) She assists others through Dan.
(d) She learns about America from Dan.
12. What do four Hawaiian punks do?
(a) Bother Sachi.
(b) Are disrespectful to Mama Chia.
(c) Beat up Dan.
(d) Give Dan drugs.
13. To where does Mama Chia take Dan?
(a) To Oahu.
(b) To a cave.
(c) To the Big Island.
(d) To a cabin.
14. What task does Mama Chia give Dan?
(a) To leap 30 feet across a dizzying chasm to a ledge and doorway on the other side.
(b) To re-dig his grave but make it an altar instead.
(c) To strive for understanding.
(d) To live yesterday for tomorrow.
15. What do Mama Chia and Dan do with the thousands of starfish washed up on the beach?
(a) Take pictures.
(b) Leave them to their karma.
(c) Collect a few to dry out.
(d) Rescue as many as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are an Indian leper, a French drunk, a suburban teen sniffing drugs, and a dying African baby?
2. Where is Dan assigned to work?
3. Who does Mama Chia invoke?
4. What does Dan think is one reason Socrates sends him to Mama Chia?
5. When does one ceases to practice a way and becomes The Way?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)