|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Mama Chia throws the bird in the air.
(a) It falls to the ground dead.
(b) It flies out to sea.
(c) Nothing; it is unharmed.
(d) It flutters its wings and then lands on her shoulder.
2. What are an Indian leper, a French drunk, a suburban teen sniffing drugs, and a dying African baby?
(a) Four scenes through which Dan moves in the white tower.
(b) Four people who confront Dan about his life.
(c) Dan's four alter egos.
(d) Mama Chia's images of Dan.
3. Until the fourth floor, around what are the many kinds of love centered?
4. What does Dan's disembodied self do?
(b) Flies into the heavens.
(c) Levitates onto the shroud-like sheet.
(d) Stands and looks at his body.
5. What does Mama Chia say Dan has become?
(a) A jewel.
(b) A fakir.
(c) A human being.
(d) A robot.
6. What does Mama Chia declare about her, Dan and Socrates?
(a) They are soul mates.
(b) They are to teach the world.
(c) They are not from this planet.
(d) They have the combined wisdom of an avatar.
7. Why is Dan afraid?
(a) Because of the leprosy.
(b) He has lost his good physical conditioning.
(c) That Beer Belly may return.
(d) He has no gun.
8. What is an "arena of battle" and "finishing school" for the Basic Self?
(a) The first floor.
(b) The third floor.
(c) The fourth floor.
(d) Each floor.
9. As Mama Chia hurries among gravestones and speaks with new urgency, what does Dan feel?
10. To where does Mama Chia take Dan?
(a) To the Big Island.
(b) To a cabin.
(c) To a cave.
(d) To Oahu.
11. What self is represented by the heart?
(a) The Feeling Self.
(b) The Emotional Self.
(c) The Higher Self.
(d) The Caring Self.
12. What does Mama Chia have Dan dig?
(b) A trench.
(c) A grave.
(d) A well.
13. What sometimes happens when angelic souls overshadow primitive animals to experience life through them?
(a) They die.
(b) They elevate the souls of the animals.
(c) They cannot separate.
(d) They move forward in evolution.
14. When does one ceases to practice a way and becomes The Way?
(a) After ascension.
(b) When the person and god are one.
(c) Just before enlightenment.
(d) When one is content serving others.
15. How does Dan embrace life after facing death?
(a) Through plunging off the cliff into the ocean.
(b) By singing a paen to the gods of the island.
(c) Through sexual energy.
(d) Through writing a poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama Chia tell Dan?
2. What is Fuji's best move for a fight?
3. What do Mama Chia and Dan do with the thousands of starfish washed up on the beach?
4. What does Mama Chia say one reason is for her relationship with Dan?
5. What childhood horror does Dan relive?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)