|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dan embrace life after facing death?
(a) By singing a paen to the gods of the island.
(b) Through writing a poem.
(c) Through sexual energy.
(d) Through plunging off the cliff into the ocean.
2. When Dan awakes on the other side, what happens?
(a) His injuries disappear.
(b) He is weak and needs help arising.
(c) He has a broken leg.
(d) He is stronger.
3. Out of what can one do for others on a level where altruism and love do not yet exist?
(a) Out of guilt.
(b) Out of a desire to look good to others.
(c) Out of a desire to go to heaven.
(d) Out of duty and responsibility.
4. Of what does the storekeeper warn Dan?
(a) That Dan should leave the island.
(c) That they live near there.
(d) That he has made some powerful enemies.
5. If Dan fails in the task Mama Chia gives him, what will happen?
(a) He will succeed just from trying.
(b) He will know he is not yet ready for that floor.
(c) He will try again.
(d) He will feel pain and part of him will die.
6. To whom does Mama Chia wish Dan to be grateful?
(c) The goddess.
(d) No one.
7. Who does Mama Chia invoke?
(a) The Great Spirit.
(b) The guardians of the ways.
(c) The god Peli.
8. According to Mama Chia, what does shape shifting involve?
(a) Shape Shifting is merely metaphoric.
(b) Believing at the heart level that you are what you want to become.
(c) Getting a good costume.
(d) Transferring consciousness and forming deep empathy and awareness.
9. What does Dan call one of the punks?
(b) Beer belly.
10. How has Mama Chia made peace with being comfortable?
(a) By trying to be kind to those nearby.
(b) By being peace.
(c) By making others just as comfortable.
(d) By rationalizing.
11. To where does Mama Chia lead Dan?
(a) To the ocean.
(b) To a cave.
(c) To a ridge.
(d) To a real tower.
12. As Mama Chia hurries among gravestones and speaks with new urgency, what does Dan feel?
13. What does Dan feel?
(a) The nature spirits everywhere.
14. What does Mama Chia say Dan has become?
(a) A robot.
(b) A fakir.
(c) A jewel.
(d) A human being.
15. Who has guarded Molokai for four centuries?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the tiger do?
2. How is she determined to live?
3. Why do they borrow a truck?
4. When does one ceases to practice a way and becomes The Way?
5. Who are aware at birth?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)