|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Out of what can one do for others on a level where altruism and love do not yet exist?
(a) Out of a desire to go to heaven.
(b) Out of guilt.
(c) Out of duty and responsibility.
(d) Out of a desire to look good to others.
2. Why do they borrow a truck?
(a) To go into Kaunakakai to shop.
(b) To go to a large waterfall.
(c) To go to the mainland.
(d) Because Mama Chia is tired.
3. If Dan fails in the task Mama Chia gives him, what will happen?
(a) He will succeed just from trying.
(b) He will try again.
(c) He will feel pain and part of him will die.
(d) He will know he is not yet ready for that floor.
4. How is she determined to live?
(a) She is determined to heal herself.
(c) Under a doctor's care.
(d) Fully until she dies.
5. Where is Dan at the opening to chapter 13?
(a) He is uncertain.
(b) He is lying with his head in Mama Chia's lap.
(c) He is on the plane back to Ohio.
(d) He is back on the surfboard.
6. What does Mama Chia draw?
(a) The Tower of Seven Powers.
(b) The Seven Towers of Saren.
(c) The Tower of Seven Floors.
(d) The Seven Towers of Babel.
7. What sometimes happens when angelic souls overshadow primitive animals to experience life through them?
(a) They elevate the souls of the animals.
(b) They move forward in evolution.
(c) They die.
(d) They cannot separate.
8. What has Dan failed to enter?
(a) The path of life.
(b) The well.
(d) The fourth floor.
9. Where does Mama Chia say Dan will help for a few days?
(a) At her farm.
(b) With the storekeeper.
(d) The caves of Molokai.
10. Who does Mama Chia invoke?
(a) The guardians of the ways.
(b) The god Peli.
(c) The Great Spirit.
11. The third level is about what?
(a) The need for power.
(b) Power to give life as well as to take it.
(c) Power to create.
(d) Power over impulses and desires of the ego.
12. What does the world mirror?
(a) One's alter ego.
(b) One's desire for growth.
(c) One's level of awareness.
(d) One's belief system.
13. What does Mama Chia do to her pet bird?
(a) Let it go free.
(b) Feed it grubs.
(d) Crush it.
14. What is an "arena of battle" and "finishing school" for the Basic Self?
(a) Each floor.
(b) The third floor.
(c) The first floor.
(d) The fourth floor.
15. What does Mama Chia tell Tia?
(a) That she may die soon.
(b) That the baby will be free of leprosy.
(c) That she is almost well.
(d) That Mama Chia has found a home for the baby that she must give up after birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dan call one of the punks?
2. What does each floor represent?
3. To which self does survival, creativity, and power belong?
4. Why is Dan afraid?
5. What does Mama Chia have Dan dig?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)