|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Mama Chia throws the bird in the air.
(a) It flies out to sea.
(b) It falls to the ground dead.
(c) Nothing; it is unharmed.
(d) It flutters its wings and then lands on her shoulder.
2. Where is Dan assigned to work?
(a) At the clinic.
(b) Bathing patients.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) Clearing the garden.
3. Who is Dan's guardian angel?
(a) His deceased grandmother.
(b) His higher self.
4. What must one do every day?
(a) Go through a re-birth.
(b) Live to die.
(c) Choose to master the energy of life or squander it.
(d) Die to live.
5. What does the third window show?
(a) Balance and justice.
(b) Creativity and stasis.
(c) Order, balance, and creativity.
(d) Order and disorder.
6. What are an Indian leper, a French drunk, a suburban teen sniffing drugs, and a dying African baby?
(a) Four people who confront Dan about his life.
(b) Dan's four alter egos.
(c) Mama Chia's images of Dan.
(d) Four scenes through which Dan moves in the white tower.
7. What task does Mama Chia give Dan?
(a) To leap 30 feet across a dizzying chasm to a ledge and doorway on the other side.
(b) To strive for understanding.
(c) To live yesterday for tomorrow.
(d) To re-dig his grave but make it an altar instead.
8. According to Mama Chia, what does shape shifting involve?
(a) Shape Shifting is merely metaphoric.
(b) Believing at the heart level that you are what you want to become.
(c) Getting a good costume.
(d) Transferring consciousness and forming deep empathy and awareness.
9. What does the second window show?
10. What self is represented by the heart?
(a) The Emotional Self.
(b) The Caring Self.
(c) The Higher Self.
(d) The Feeling Self.
11. What does Dan resolve?
(a) To return to Hawaii every year.
(b) To stay and care for Mama Chia.
(c) To repair the relationships in his own family.
(d) To live a better life.
12. When Dan awakes on the other side, what happens?
(a) He is weak and needs help arising.
(b) He is stronger.
(c) He has a broken leg.
(d) His injuries disappear.
13. The third level is about what?
(a) Power to give life as well as to take it.
(b) The need for power.
(c) Power to create.
(d) Power over impulses and desires of the ego.
14. Out of what can one do for others on a level where altruism and love do not yet exist?
(a) Out of a desire to go to heaven.
(b) Out of duty and responsibility.
(c) Out of guilt.
(d) Out of a desire to look good to others.
15. Why do they borrow a truck?
(a) To go into Kaunakakai to shop.
(b) Because Mama Chia is tired.
(c) To go to a large waterfall.
(d) To go to the mainland.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is Mama Chia at high risk?
2. What does Mama Chia tell Dan?
3. To where does Dan go in his mind?
4. Who does Mama Chia invoke?
5. Until the fourth floor, around what are the many kinds of love centered?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)