|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Mama Chia wish Dan to be grateful?
(a) The goddess.
(c) No one.
2. What does Mama Chia do to her pet bird?
(a) Feed it grubs.
(c) Crush it.
(d) Let it go free.
3. What do four Hawaiian punks do?
(a) Are disrespectful to Mama Chia.
(b) Give Dan drugs.
(c) Bother Sachi.
(d) Beat up Dan.
4. How has Mama Chia made peace with being comfortable?
(a) By rationalizing.
(b) By being peace.
(c) By making others just as comfortable.
(d) By trying to be kind to those nearby.
5. What does the Tower represent?
(a) The way to ascendancy.
(b) The chakras.
(c) The inability of humans to become one.
(d) The Evil inside each of us.
6. To where does Mama Chia lead Dan?
(a) To a real tower.
(b) To a cave.
(c) To the ocean.
(d) To a ridge.
7. Who are aware at birth?
(a) All creatures.
(b) Genuine masters.
(c) All humans.
(d) No one.
8. What is Fuji's best move for a fight?
(a) Shaking hands and asking to be friends.
(b) Turning and running.
(c) A kick followed by a punch.
(d) A one-two punch followed by a kick to the groin.
9. If Dan fails in the task Mama Chia gives him, what will happen?
(a) He will know he is not yet ready for that floor.
(b) He will succeed just from trying.
(c) He will try again.
(d) He will feel pain and part of him will die.
10. What does Dan think is one reason Socrates sends him to Mama Chia?
(a) To help her.
(b) To guide her.
(c) To see if she is still alive.
(d) He is not sure.
11. Where does Dan awaken?
(a) In his bed at Mama Chia's house.
(b) On a surfboard.
(c) In Ohio.
(d) At the burial site.
12. With what does Dan struggle as they are walking along the cliff?
(d) Lack of faith.
13. What does Mama Chia tell Tia?
(a) That Mama Chia has found a home for the baby that she must give up after birth.
(b) That she may die soon.
(c) That she is almost well.
(d) That the baby will be free of leprosy.
14. What is the shadow side of the second floor as fear is of the first?
15. What happens when Mama Chia throws the bird in the air.
(a) It flutters its wings and then lands on her shoulder.
(b) It flies out to sea.
(c) It falls to the ground dead.
(d) Nothing; it is unharmed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mama Chia say Dan will help for a few days?
2. What does Mama Chia have Dan dig?
3. What childhood horror does Dan relive?
4. As Mama Chia hurries among gravestones and speaks with new urgency, what does Dan feel?
5. What is Sachi doing?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)