|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Molokai most known?
(a) It is a leper colony in the 1800s.
(b) It is the garden island.
(c) It is the largest island.
(d) It is the forbidden island.
2. What does Mama Chia say she did nine years ago?
(a) Help bring Sachi into the world.
(b) Meet Socrates in India.
(c) Contacted an alien.
(d) Gave a speech at the World Holistic Conference.
3. What does Ruth say that gets Dan's attention as he is leaving the juice stand?
(a) Nice is the day to create.
(b) Have a nice day.
(c) A nice day is having you.
(d) Create a nice day.
4. What is one thing the Advaita Vendanta teach?
(a) That life is more important than the between life.
(b) That spirit is ascendent over flesh.
(c) That flesh and spirit are not separate.
(d) That flesh is impure.
5. What does Socrates predict in a letter?
(a) That Dan will be easy to sway to Mama Chia's ways.
(b) That Dan will be hard on himself and excitable.
(c) That Mama Chia will not have success with Dan.
(d) That Dan will die in Hawaii.
6. What does the conscious self become?
(a) A robot.
(b) An arch.
(c) A wheel.
(d) A rainbow.
7. What happens as Dan contemplates the sky from the surfboard?
(a) He realizes he has been duped.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He falls off.
(d) He wonders about his daughter.
8. For whom does Mitsu yell?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Mama Johnson.
(c) Mrs. Fujimoto.
(d) Mama Chia.
9. What does Mama Chia say when Dan tells her he is drained and depressed?
(a) That he has to let go.
(b) That it's his mirror self feeling that.
(c) That he isn't really feeling that.
(d) That he is on the right track.
10. Who does Millman meet outside the last bank he visits?
(a) A professor from Stanford.
(b) His wife.
(c) A woman in her sixties walking with a cane.
(d) A native Hawaiian man.
11. Who takes care of Dan when he is recovering from his days at sea?
12. What American statesman does Mama Chia quote in chapter 5?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Abe Lincoln.
13. Who does Mama Chia meet when she is 7?
(a) Papa Kahuna.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Papa Kahili.
14. What does Mama Chia see as hidden gifts?
(a) The unconscious.
(b) The way human beings do not believe in their deaths.
(c) Painful physical challenges she suffers as a child.
(d) Death and rebirth.
15. What is a fakir?
(a) Someone who is a leader of his spiritual group.
(b) A person who demonstrates unusual abilities.
(c) Someone who fakes magic.
(d) A governmental authority in India.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the board like that Dan finds?
2. For what does Dan listen?
3. What becomes an obsession to Dan?
4. Where does Millman decide to go?
5. What does Sachi ask her baby brother?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)