|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama Chia say she did nine years ago?
(a) Gave a speech at the World Holistic Conference.
(b) Help bring Sachi into the world.
(c) Meet Socrates in India.
(d) Contacted an alien.
2. What does Dan jokingly say he'll call the diet he follows while floating on the surfboard?
(a) The Surfboard Diet.
(b) The Mama Chia Diet.
(c) The Stupidity Diet.
(d) The non-eating diet.
3. What is going on at the house when Dan arrives?
(a) A party.
(b) A wake.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A seance.
4. Everyone the author looks, what does he see?
(c) Joy and optimism.
(d) Others searching for something, too.
5. What does Mama Chia think Dan is strong enough to do?
(a) Carry her pack.
(b) Carry his pack.
(c) Surf without a board.
(d) Swim back to Oahu.
6. What does Dan have to keep fighting off?
7. What is one overwhelming impression Millman has of India?
(a) The peace and quiet.
(b) The modern cities.
(c) The alternating cold and warm climate.
(d) The huge numbers of people.
8. What is the board like that Dan finds?
(a) A dented, fiberglass board that is slightly too short for his frame.
(b) He cannot find a board.
(c) Like the ones the old Hawaiians used.
(d) A new slick, fiberglass board.
9. What color does Dan's belly glow?
10. When do Mama Chia's parents die?
(a) When she is 11.
(b) When she is 44.
(c) When she is 19.
(d) When she is 7.
11. Why does Millman become more dejected as time passes on his travels?
(a) He is overwhelmed by the different paths one can take to enlightment.
(b) He finds nothing that isn't available in the West in bookstores.
(c) He thinks everyone he meets is a hypocrite.
(d) He cannot make any lasting connections.
12. How has Mama Chia been speeding Dan's healing?
(a) By evoking the goddess of healing.
(b) With meditation.
(c) With drugs.
(d) By working with his basic self.
13. At what time of the year does Millman arrive in Delhi?
(a) The holy season.
(b) The hot, dry season.
(c) Early summer.
(d) The monsoon season.
14. What is the main thing that keeps Dan looking after feeling quite discouraged?
15. What is it that Ruth suggest Dan needs in this situation?
(a) Trust and faith.
(d) A sense of direction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dan enjoy spending time with Sachi?
2. What is a fakir?
3. What does Mama Chia say about the energies?
4. What does Mama Chia draw in the sand?
5. Who heals Mama Chia's psyche after a failed marriage?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)