1. Why is Dan depressed on his honeymoon?
Dan believes he has lost something important but is not sure what.
2. What does the college give Dan and where does he go?
The college awards Dan a travel grant to interact with other cultures. Dan decides to start his journey in India, but also visits Nepal and Hawaii.
3. For what is Dan searching in India and why does he choose India?
Dan is searching for an answer to his sense of restlessness. Because it is a spiritual restlessness, he naturally believes India is a good place to find answers.
4. What does Dan do while in India?
Dan travels through the country, observing the native Indians and attending various schools of yoga. He does a great deal of meditation and listening to fakirs and gurus.
5. What is Dan's ultimate conclusion about his time in India?
Dan decides that all the spiritual ideas that he has encountered in India could be found in any New Age bookstore in the United States.
This section contains 4,158 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)