Short Answer Key
Book 1, Chapters 1-3
1. What does the author do on his wedding night?
2. Why does the author do what he does on his wedding night?
He is depressed.
3. What does the author do for a job right after graduation?
4. What fades in the author's memories as he leads a "normal" life?
His encounter with Socrates.
5. After Stanford, where does the author accept a teaching position?
6. What is the major difference between the author and his wife, Linda?
She is comfortable in the "conventional" world and he is not.
7. What lesson from Socrates does the author have difficulty following in this early part of the book?
Being in the present moment.
8. What grant is Millman awarded?
A travel grant.
9. Where does Millman decide to go?
10. What do you think is the hardest thing...
This section contains 2,266 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)