|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Dan no sense of time or bearings?
(a) He hit his head on the rocks when the surfboard was washed onto shore.
(b) He has never done this before.
(c) He is in a daze.
(d) He leaves his watch on shore and it's cloudy.
2. What does Mama Chia say she did nine years ago?
(a) Contacted an alien.
(b) Gave a speech at the World Holistic Conference.
(c) Meet Socrates in India.
(d) Help bring Sachi into the world.
3. What is Fuji's best move for a fight?
(a) A kick followed by a punch.
(b) Turning and running.
(c) A one-two punch followed by a kick to the groin.
(d) Shaking hands and asking to be friends.
4. What does Mama Chia do after Dan has slept for 36 hours?
(a) Sends him back to Oahu on the surfboard.
(b) Sends him on a mystical journey.
(c) Sends him back to the mainland.
(d) Rouses him.
5. What is the major difference between the author and his wife, Linda?
(a) He is meticulous and organized and she is sloppy.
(b) She is comfortable in the "conventional" world and he is not.
(c) She is meticulous and organized and he is sloppy.
(d) He is comfortable in the "conventional" world and she is not.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Mama Chia has taken Dan to the edge and points the way, what does he have to do?
2. What is one thing Ruth and Dan have in common?
3. Who is Ruth Johnson?
4. What grant is Millman awarded?
5. When does one ceases to practice a way and becomes The Way?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)