|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama Chia have Dan dig?
(a) A trench.
(b) A grave.
(c) A well.
2. What does Mama Chia see as hidden gifts?
(a) The unconscious.
(b) The way human beings do not believe in their deaths.
(c) Death and rebirth.
(d) Painful physical challenges she suffers as a child.
3. What happens to a student at Oberlin despite prayers?
(a) She dies.
(b) She is lame.
(c) She is not found in the woods.
(d) She flunks out.
4. To where does Dan go in his mind?
(a) To the surfboard experience.
(b) To the fourth pinnacle.
(c) To his childhood.
(d) To a windy, stark plateau at the base of a white tower.
5. After returning home, where is Dan going?
(a) Back to Hawaii.
(b) He does not know.
(d) Back to India.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the The Basic Self use pain?
2. Where do Mama Chia, Sachi and Dan go?
3. To which self does survival, creativity, and power belong?
4. What does Dan realize about the lower floors?
5. What task does Mama Chia give Dan?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)