|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 , Chapters 16-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time of the year does Millman arrive in Delhi?
(a) Early summer.
(b) The monsoon season.
(c) The hot, dry season.
(d) The holy season.
2. What happened that made Dan go out so foolishly unprepared?
(a) He was suicidal.
(b) He thought he was tougher than he is.
(c) He lost the second page of Ruth's note.
(d) He thought Ruth would think him strong if he took nothing on the journey.
3. What do four Hawaiian punks do?
(a) Give Dan drugs.
(b) Beat up Dan.
(c) Are disrespectful to Mama Chia.
(d) Bother Sachi.
4. What is so painful during Dan's time on the surfboard?
(a) The realization of his impending death.
(b) The realization of his stupidity.
(c) His sunburned body.
(d) Knowing his daughter would grow up without him.
5. Why has Dan no sense of time or bearings?
(a) He hit his head on the rocks when the surfboard was washed onto shore.
(b) He is in a daze.
(c) He has never done this before.
(d) He leaves his watch on shore and it's cloudy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Mama Chia resume her work as midwife and kahuna?
2. How does Dan respond when he realizes his predicament?
3. Where has Dan been?
4. What kind of juice do Ruth and Dan have to drink when they first meet?
5. How has Mama Chia been speeding Dan's healing?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)