|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 , Chapters 13-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author do for a job right after graduation?
(a) Practices law.
(b) Sells cars.
(c) Sells insurance.
(d) Computer programmer.
2. What does Mama Chia draw in the sand?
(a) A pentagram.
(b) A horse.
(c) A square.
(d) Leonardo da Vinci's figure of a man in a circle.
3. Who has guarded Molokai for four centuries?
4. What does Millman hope to find in the few days he decides to spend in Hawaii on his way home from India?
(b) A way to reconnect with his inner being.
(c) Contact with the local culture.
(d) Some healing.
5. Why does Millman become more dejected as time passes on his travels?
(a) He cannot make any lasting connections.
(b) He thinks everyone he meets is a hypocrite.
(c) He finds nothing that isn't available in the West in bookstores.
(d) He is overwhelmed by the different paths one can take to enlightment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the The Basic Self use pain?
2. What is the best definition for the Hawaiian word "kahuna?"
3. What does the conscious self become?
4. For what is Molokai most known?
5. What does Socrates say about the search for ultimate meaning?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)