|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 , Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do Mama Chia's parents die?
(a) When she is 7.
(b) When she is 44.
(c) When she is 11.
(d) When she is 19.
2. At what time of the year does Millman arrive in Delhi?
(a) Early summer.
(b) The hot, dry season.
(c) The monsoon season.
(d) The holy season.
3. What returns to Dan as he is healing?
(a) A sense of anger at his stupidity.
(c) A new sense of direction.
(d) A renewed sense of urgency.
4. What happened that made Dan go out so foolishly unprepared?
(a) He lost the second page of Ruth's note.
(b) He thought he was tougher than he is.
(c) He thought Ruth would think him strong if he took nothing on the journey.
(d) He was suicidal.
5. What is one overwhelming impression Millman has of India?
(a) The alternating cold and warm climate.
(b) The modern cities.
(c) The peace and quiet.
(d) The huge numbers of people.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Mama Chia resume her work as midwife and kahuna?
2. What grant is Millman awarded?
3. What has bothered Dan since the surfboard incident?
4. Upon what island does Dan land?
5. Why does the author do what he does on his wedding night?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)