|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 , Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Stanford, where does the author accept a teaching position?
(a) University of Ohio.
(b) University of Georgia.
(c) Oberlin College.
2. Who does Mama Chia meet when she is 7?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Papa Kahuna.
(d) Papa Kahili.
3. For whom does Mitsu yell?
(a) Mama Chia.
(b) Mama Johnson.
(c) Mrs. Fujimoto.
(d) Her husband.
4. What does Socrates predict in a letter?
(a) That Dan will be easy to sway to Mama Chia's ways.
(b) That Dan will die in Hawaii.
(c) That Dan will be hard on himself and excitable.
(d) That Mama Chia will not have success with Dan.
5. What strikes Millman by its grandeur?
(a) The Ganges River.
(b) The Purarimjes.
(c) The Himalayas.
(d) The Taj Mahal.
Short Answer Questions
1. At some point, what would Dan have traded for some water?
2. What does Socrates say about the search for ultimate meaning?
3. What does Mama Chia say she did nine years ago?
4. What does the conscious self become?
5. When does Mama Chia resume her work as midwife and kahuna?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)