|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 , Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama Chia see as hidden gifts?
(a) The unconscious.
(b) Painful physical challenges she suffers as a child.
(c) Death and rebirth.
(d) The way human beings do not believe in their deaths.
2. What is so painful during Dan's time on the surfboard?
(a) His sunburned body.
(b) Knowing his daughter would grow up without him.
(c) The realization of his impending death.
(d) The realization of his stupidity.
3. What does the author do on his wedding night?
(b) Go Fishing.
4. What does Mama Chia think Dan is strong enough to do?
(a) Surf without a board.
(b) Swim back to Oahu.
(c) Carry her pack.
(d) Carry his pack.
5. What does Millman hope to find in the few days he decides to spend in Hawaii on his way home from India?
(a) Contact with the local culture.
(c) Some healing.
(d) A way to reconnect with his inner being.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Mitsu yell?
2. What is the board like that Dan finds?
3. Why has Dan no sense of time or bearings?
4. At what time of the year does Millman arrive in Delhi?
5. Who does Millman meet outside the last bank he visits?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)