|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 , Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fades in the author's memories as he leads a "normal" life?
(a) His encounter with Socrates.
(b) His past life as a Tibetan monk.
(c) His memories of fighting in Viet Nam.
(d) His father's death.
2. Why does Dan have to rest?
(a) He does not need any more rest.
(b) It's Mama Chia that needs to rest.
(c) He needs to escape.
(d) His body is using energy to recover.
3. What is the feeling of stagnation?
(a) The soul getting a running start.
(b) A means of staying quiet to heal.
(c) A waste of energy.
(d) The hope of moving forward.
4. What grant is Millman awarded?
(a) A trust grant.
(b) A travel grant.
(c) A land deed grant.
(d) A stock option grant.
5. For whom does Mitsu yell?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Mrs. Fujimoto.
(c) Mama Johnson.
(d) Mama Chia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Socrates predict in a letter?
2. What is one overwhelming impression Millman has of India?
3. What does Dan have to keep fighting off?
4. Simply put, what are Dan's instructions when he gets to Makapuu Beach?
5. What does Mama Chia see as hidden gifts?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)