|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 , Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ruth Johnson?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) An older woman in a muumuu.
(c) The young bank teller with whom Millman has dinner.
(d) A psychiatrist.
2. What is the major difference between the author and his wife, Linda?
(a) He is comfortable in the "conventional" world and she is not.
(b) She is meticulous and organized and he is sloppy.
(c) She is comfortable in the "conventional" world and he is not.
(d) He is meticulous and organized and she is sloppy.
3. When does Mama Chia resume her work as midwife and kahuna?
(a) When she retires.
(b) After receiving a letter from Socrates about Dan.
(c) When she becomes gravely ill.
(d) When she wants to reach a higher plane of ascension.
4. What cure does Ruth prescribe for Dan?
(a) A barefoot walk in the surf.
(b) A tanning booth.
(c) A barefoot walk on coals.
(d) A sauna.
5. Why does the author do what he does on his wedding night?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He and his wife are camping.
(c) His wife falls asleep first.
(d) He and his wife love to skydive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do you think is the hardest thing about leaving for Millman?
2. What does Sachi ask her baby brother?
3. Why does Millman become more dejected as time passes on his travels?
4. Where does Millman decide to go?
5. What does Mama Chia think Dan is strong enough to do?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)