|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 , Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama Chia do after Dan has slept for 36 hours?
(a) Sends him back to Oahu on the surfboard.
(b) Rouses him.
(c) Sends him on a mystical journey.
(d) Sends him back to the mainland.
2. What does Dan find at the end of chapter 4?
(a) A fishing pole entangled in kelp.
(b) A shore.
(c) A floating bottle of water.
(d) A dead albatross.
3. What is the major difference between the author and his wife, Linda?
(a) She is comfortable in the "conventional" world and he is not.
(b) He is meticulous and organized and she is sloppy.
(c) She is meticulous and organized and he is sloppy.
(d) He is comfortable in the "conventional" world and she is not.
4. Who does Mama Chia meet when she is 7?
(a) Papa Kahili.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Papa Kahuna.
5. Who is Ruth Johnson?
(a) The young bank teller with whom Millman has dinner.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A psychiatrist.
(d) An older woman in a muumuu.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Millman finally decide to contact the woman whom Socrates mentioned?
2. What does Mama Chia think Dan is strong enough to do?
3. What grant is Millman awarded?
4. What American statesman does Mama Chia quote in chapter 5?
5. What is one thing Ruth and Dan have in common?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)