|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 , Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ruth Johnson?
(a) An older woman in a muumuu.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A psychiatrist.
(d) The young bank teller with whom Millman has dinner.
2. For what does Dan listen?
(a) A rescue boat or helicopter.
(b) Waves crashing on the shore.
(c) A shark.
3. What is a fakir?
(a) Someone who is a leader of his spiritual group.
(b) A person who demonstrates unusual abilities.
(c) A governmental authority in India.
(d) Someone who fakes magic.
4. What returns to Dan as he is healing?
(a) A new sense of direction.
(b) A renewed sense of urgency.
(d) A sense of anger at his stupidity.
5. What happens to a student at Oberlin despite prayers?
(a) She is not found in the woods.
(b) She dies.
(c) She is lame.
(d) She flunks out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mama Chia say she did nine years ago?
2. What is the major difference between the author and his wife, Linda?
3. What is going on at the house when Dan arrives?
4. How does the The Basic Self use pain?
5. What does Mama Chia do after Dan has slept for 36 hours?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)