|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 , Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a fakir?
(a) A governmental authority in India.
(b) Someone who is a leader of his spiritual group.
(c) A person who demonstrates unusual abilities.
(d) Someone who fakes magic.
2. What does Mama Chia see as hidden gifts?
(a) Painful physical challenges she suffers as a child.
(b) The way human beings do not believe in their deaths.
(c) The unconscious.
(d) Death and rebirth.
3. What is the best definition for the Hawaiian word "kahuna?"
(a) Magician or expert in any situation.
(b) The head honcho.
(c) The one who is to sustain.
(d) The one who is to blame.
4. What does the conscious self become?
(a) A rainbow.
(b) An arch.
(c) A wheel.
(d) A robot.
5. What fades in the author's memories as he leads a "normal" life?
(a) His encounter with Socrates.
(b) His father's death.
(c) His past life as a Tibetan monk.
(d) His memories of fighting in Viet Nam.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is Molokai most known?
2. At some point, what would Dan have traded for some water?
3. Why does Millman become more dejected as time passes on his travels?
4. What does the author do on his wedding night?
5. What does Ruth tell Dan to do in her note?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)