|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 , Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing the Advaita Vendanta teach?
(a) That spirit is ascendent over flesh.
(b) That flesh and spirit are not separate.
(c) That flesh is impure.
(d) That life is more important than the between life.
2. What is the major difference between the author and his wife, Linda?
(a) He is comfortable in the "conventional" world and she is not.
(b) He is meticulous and organized and she is sloppy.
(c) She is meticulous and organized and he is sloppy.
(d) She is comfortable in the "conventional" world and he is not.
3. What does Dan jokingly say he'll call the diet he follows while floating on the surfboard?
(a) The non-eating diet.
(b) The Mama Chia Diet.
(c) The Surfboard Diet.
(d) The Stupidity Diet.
4. What does Dan find at the end of chapter 4?
(a) A dead albatross.
(b) A shore.
(c) A floating bottle of water.
(d) A fishing pole entangled in kelp.
5. What does Mama Chia say she did nine years ago?
(a) Help bring Sachi into the world.
(b) Meet Socrates in India.
(c) Gave a speech at the World Holistic Conference.
(d) Contacted an alien.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth say that gets Dan's attention as he is leaving the juice stand?
2. According to Socrates, how is charity most effective?
3. What does Socrates say about the search for ultimate meaning?
4. What kind of juice do Ruth and Dan have to drink when they first meet?
5. What returns to Dan as he is healing?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)