|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What becomes an obsession to Dan?
(c) Finding a direction.
2. What does Sachi ask her baby brother?
(a) To tell her what God feels like.
(b) To help her learn about nature.
(c) To go with her to a new island.
(d) To help her convince her parents to let her travel alone.
3. What does Ruth say that gets Dan's attention as he is leaving the juice stand?
(a) Create a nice day.
(b) A nice day is having you.
(c) Nice is the day to create.
(d) Have a nice day.
4. After Stanford, where does the author accept a teaching position?
(b) University of Ohio.
(c) Oberlin College.
(d) University of Georgia.
5. How does Dan respond when he realizes his predicament?
(a) By trying to contact the authorities with his cell phone.
(b) With a sense of adventure.
(c) With fear.
(d) With a sense of anticipation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Simply put, what are Dan's instructions when he gets to Makapuu Beach?
2. What does Dan jokingly say he'll call the diet he follows while floating on the surfboard?
3. Everyone the author looks, what does he see?
4. Why does Millman become more dejected as time passes on his travels?
5. What cure does Ruth prescribe for Dan?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)