|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do you think is the hardest thing about leaving for Millman?
(a) Leaving his daughter.
(b) Leaving his students.
(c) Leaving his wife.
(d) Leaving his ailing father.
2. What grant is Millman awarded?
(a) A land deed grant.
(b) A stock option grant.
(c) A travel grant.
(d) A trust grant.
3. What is the best definition for the Hawaiian word "kahuna?"
(a) Magician or expert in any situation.
(b) The head honcho.
(c) The one who is to blame.
(d) The one who is to sustain.
4. At some point, what would Dan have traded for some water?
(a) His wife and daughter.
(c) His life.
(d) All his money.
5. What does Dan jokingly say he'll call the diet he follows while floating on the surfboard?
(a) The Stupidity Diet.
(b) The Surfboard Diet.
(c) The non-eating diet.
(d) The Mama Chia Diet.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Dan listen?
2. What fades in the author's memories as he leads a "normal" life?
3. At what time of the year does Millman arrive in Delhi?
4. What strikes Millman by its grandeur?
5. Why has Dan no sense of time or bearings?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)