|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing the Advaita Vendanta teach?
(a) That flesh is impure.
(b) That spirit is ascendent over flesh.
(c) That flesh and spirit are not separate.
(d) That life is more important than the between life.
2. What is the main thing that keeps Dan looking after feeling quite discouraged?
3. Why does Millman become more dejected as time passes on his travels?
(a) He cannot make any lasting connections.
(b) He thinks everyone he meets is a hypocrite.
(c) He finds nothing that isn't available in the West in bookstores.
(d) He is overwhelmed by the different paths one can take to enlightment.
4. What kind of juice do Ruth and Dan have to drink when they first meet?
5. What does the author do for a job right after graduation?
(a) Sells insurance.
(b) Sells cars.
(c) Practices law.
(d) Computer programmer.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Stanford, where does the author accept a teaching position?
2. What is going on at the house when Dan arrives?
3. What does the author do on his wedding night?
4. What fades in the author's memories as he leads a "normal" life?
5. What schools does Millman attend regularly?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)