|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Millman decide to go?
(a) South America.
(b) New York.
2. What is going on at the house when Dan arrives?
(a) A wake.
(b) A party.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A seance.
3. Why does Millman become more dejected as time passes on his travels?
(a) He cannot make any lasting connections.
(b) He finds nothing that isn't available in the West in bookstores.
(c) He thinks everyone he meets is a hypocrite.
(d) He is overwhelmed by the different paths one can take to enlightment.
4. What do you think is the hardest thing about leaving for Millman?
(a) Leaving his wife.
(b) Leaving his ailing father.
(c) Leaving his daughter.
(d) Leaving his students.
5. What is a fakir?
(a) A governmental authority in India.
(b) Someone who is a leader of his spiritual group.
(c) A person who demonstrates unusual abilities.
(d) Someone who fakes magic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cure does Ruth prescribe for Dan?
2. What is the main thing that keeps Dan looking after feeling quite discouraged?
3. What does the author do on his wedding night?
4. What grant is Millman awarded?
5. Why does the author do what he does on his wedding night?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)