|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 , Chapters 16-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon what island does Dan land?
(c) The Big Island.
2. What happened that made Dan go out so foolishly unprepared?
(a) He was suicidal.
(b) He thought he was tougher than he is.
(c) He lost the second page of Ruth's note.
(d) He thought Ruth would think him strong if he took nothing on the journey.
3. What cure does Ruth prescribe for Dan?
(a) A tanning booth.
(b) A barefoot walk in the surf.
(c) A sauna.
(d) A barefoot walk on coals.
4. At what time of the year does Millman arrive in Delhi?
(a) Early summer.
(b) The holy season.
(c) The hot, dry season.
(d) The monsoon season.
5. What does Dan resolve?
(a) To return to Hawaii every year.
(b) To live a better life.
(c) To stay and care for Mama Chia.
(d) To repair the relationships in his own family.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dan awakes on the other side, what happens?
2. What is a fakir?
3. What does the tiger do?
4. What kind of juice do Ruth and Dan have to drink when they first meet?
5. Why has Dan no sense of time or bearings?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)