|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 , Chapters 16-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has guarded Molokai for four centuries?
2. What does Mama Chia say when Dan tells her he is drained and depressed?
(a) That he isn't really feeling that.
(b) That he is on the right track.
(c) That he has to let go.
(d) That it's his mirror self feeling that.
3. According to Mama Chia, what does shape shifting involve?
(a) Transferring consciousness and forming deep empathy and awareness.
(b) Getting a good costume.
(c) Believing at the heart level that you are what you want to become.
(d) Shape Shifting is merely metaphoric.
4. Where is Dan at the opening to chapter 13?
(a) He is lying with his head in Mama Chia's lap.
(b) He is back on the surfboard.
(c) He is on the plane back to Ohio.
(d) He is uncertain.
5. Simply put, what are Dan's instructions when he gets to Makapuu Beach?
(a) Build a fire and wait.
(b) Find a surfboard and start paddling with the tide.
(c) Walk barefoot in the surf.
(d) Look for a special shell and listen to what is says.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened that made Dan go out so foolishly unprepared?
2. How does Dan embrace life after facing death?
3. With what does Dan struggle as they are walking along the cliff?
4. What is one thing the Advaita Vendanta teach?
5. How does the The Basic Self use pain?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)