|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dan respond when he realizes his predicament?
(a) With fear.
(b) With a sense of adventure.
(c) By trying to contact the authorities with his cell phone.
(d) With a sense of anticipation.
2. At some point, what would Dan have traded for some water?
(a) All his money.
(b) His wife and daughter.
(c) His life.
3. What is the major difference between the author and his wife, Linda?
(a) He is meticulous and organized and she is sloppy.
(b) She is comfortable in the "conventional" world and he is not.
(c) She is meticulous and organized and he is sloppy.
(d) He is comfortable in the "conventional" world and she is not.
4. What is the best definition for the Hawaiian word "kahuna?"
(a) Magician or expert in any situation.
(b) The one who is to sustain.
(c) The one who is to blame.
(d) The head honcho.
5. What do you think is the hardest thing about leaving for Millman?
(a) Leaving his students.
(b) Leaving his daughter.
(c) Leaving his ailing father.
(d) Leaving his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Millman become more dejected as time passes on his travels?
2. For what does Dan listen?
3. What is one thing the Advaita Vendanta teach?
4. Why does Dan have to rest?
5. According to Socrates, how is charity most effective?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)