|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 , Chapters 16-19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mama Chia tell Tia?
(a) That she may die soon.
(b) That she is almost well.
(c) That the baby will be free of leprosy.
(d) That Mama Chia has found a home for the baby that she must give up after birth.
2. According to Mama Chia, what does shape shifting involve?
(a) Transferring consciousness and forming deep empathy and awareness.
(b) Getting a good costume.
(c) Shape Shifting is merely metaphoric.
(d) Believing at the heart level that you are what you want to become.
3. What does Mama Chia tell Dan?
(a) Leprosy is not the issue.
(b) Death comes to all.
(c) Not to show fear or revulsion.
(d) Leprosy is not contagious.
4. How does Dan respond when he realizes his predicament?
(a) With a sense of adventure.
(b) With fear.
(c) By trying to contact the authorities with his cell phone.
(d) With a sense of anticipation.
5. When Dan stops being an observer to become part of the community, what happens?
(a) He understands Mama Chia's purpose.
(b) He is ready to leave.
(c) He realizes how shallow he is.
(d) He stops worrying about catching leprosy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dan's disembodied self do?
2. What does the Tower represent?
3. For whom does Mitsu yell?
4. What is so painful during Dan's time on the surfboard?
5. Where do Mama Chia, Sachi and Dan go?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)