Book 1, Chapters 1-3
1. What does the author do on his wedding night?
(a) Go Fishing.
2. Why does the author do what he does on his wedding night?
(a) He and his wife love to skydive.
(b) He is depressed.
(c) He and his wife are camping.
(d) His wife falls asleep first.
3. What does the author do for a job right after graduation?
(a) Sells insurance.
(b) Sells cars.
(c) Computer programmer.
(d) Practices law.
4. What fades in the author's memories as he leads a "normal" life?
(a) His past life as a Tibetan monk.
(b) His memories of fighting in Viet Nam.
(c) His encounter with Socrates.
(d) His father's death.
5. After Stanford, where does the author accept a teaching position?
(a) University of Ohio.
(b) University of Georgia.
(d) Oberlin College.
6. What is the major difference between the author and his wife, Linda?
(a) She is comfortable in the "conventional" world and he is not.
(b) He is comfortable in the "conventional" world and she is not.
(c) She is meticulous and organized and he is sloppy.
(d) He is meticulous and organized and she is sloppy.
This section contains 4,604 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)