|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is fitted with leg irons on the Ship?
2. Which of the following individuals share Sallian Kivee?
3. Who does Paris tell about the bodies that he finds in a shed?
4. What is the verdict of the palaver?
5. Who would Erasmus be working for if he accepted the job that he was offered?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The concept of companionship is present throughout Unsworth's novel. What can readers learn about Unsworth's characters when they are in relationship with others? Be sure to cite specific examples.
Essay Topic 2
How would you describe the development of the relationship between Erasmus and Sarah? Why do you think that Sarah becomes attached to Erasmus? What benefits do both characters derive from the relationship?
Essay Topic 3
What effect does the time period have on Unsworth's novel? How does it add to the story? What impact does the Atlantic Slave Trade have on characters; and how might they be different had the story been set during a different time?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)