Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character becomes ill with fever in Book One, Part Seven?
2. Which of the following is on board the ship to keep slaves from jumping overboard?
3. Whose secret meeting does Erasmus attend in Book Two?
4. Which of the following individuals share Sallian Kivee?
5. What is Temka Tongman doing when he sees the ship?
Essay Topic 1
Paris experiences flashbacks in this story that refer to his prior experiences with his wife and his printing of illegal materials. What do those flashbacks teach us about Paris? What purpose do the flashbacks serve in the story?
Essay Topic 2
How is Unsworth's story ultimately resolved? Do you think that the plot was adequately resolved? In your opinion, what could have been added (or removed) to make it more meaningful?
Essay Topic 3
Unsworth uses a great deal of imagery in his book. What specific examples of imagery did Unsworth include in his book? How does that imagery add to the reader's experience of the story?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)