|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character becomes ill with fever in Book One, Part Seven?
2. Which of the following is on board the ship to keep slaves from jumping overboard?
3. Whose secret meeting does Erasmus attend in Book Two?
4. Which of the following individuals share Sallian Kivee?
5. What is Temka Tongman doing when he sees the ship?
Essay Topic 1
How is Unsworth's story ultimately resolved? Do you think that the plot was adequately resolved? In your opinion, what could have been added (or removed) to make it more meaningful?
Essay Topic 2
How does Unsworth incorporate the concept of man versus self in his novel? Which character do you think is the best example of man versus self and why?
Essay Topic 3
Paris experiences flashbacks in this story that refer to his prior experiences with his wife and his printing of illegal materials. What do those flashbacks teach us about Paris? What purpose do the flashbacks serve in the story?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)