Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character becomes ill with fever in Book One, Part Seven?
2. Which of the following is on board the ship to keep slaves from jumping overboard?
3. Whose secret meeting does Erasmus attend in Book Two?
4. Which of the following individuals share Sallian Kivee?
5. What is Temka Tongman doing when he sees the ship?
Essay Topic 1
How is Unsworth's story ultimately resolved? Do you think that the plot was adequately resolved? In your opinion, what could have been added (or removed) to make it more meaningful?
Essay Topic 2
What effect does the time period have on Unsworth's novel? How does it add to the story? What impact does the Atlantic Slave Trade have on characters; and how might they be different had the story been set during a different time?
Essay Topic 3
What is the tone of Sacred Hunger? Why would Unsworth choose to write the story in that type of tone? What impact does the tone have on the way that the reader perceives the characters and sequence of events?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)