|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah realize about Erasmus at the end of Book One, Part Seven?
(a) That she would have been his property.
(b) That he loves someone else.
(c) That he really is not as handsome as she thought.
(d) That he is plotting against her.
2. Who is in love with Dinka?
3. What does Erasmus find aboard the ship?
4. Which of the following adjectives describe Timothy Owen?
(a) Strong and robust.
(b) Mild-mannered and pleasant.
(c) Intimidating and outspoken.
(d) Sickly and unhappy.
5. Who is the first person whom Erasmus tells about his father's death?
(a) Mrs. Wolpert.
(b) Mrs. Kemp.
(c) Mrs. Adams.
(d) Mrs. Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Paris tell about his wife's death?
2. Whose portrait has Delblanc painted?
3. Where is the person who notices Erasmus' ship?
4. What is the person who notices Erasmus' ship doing?
5. Which of the following does the slave who refuses to eat spit on Paris' face?
Short Essay Questions
1. What events lead to the disappearance of Deakin and Calley?
2. Describe how the death of Mr. Kemp is discovered.
3. What does Paris find in a shed near Timothy Owens' place? What is his reaction?
4. Do you find Thurso's action of throwing slaves overboard surprising? Why or why not?
5. What is the relationship between Delblanc and Paris like in Book One, Part Six?
6. Why does Mrs. Kemp deny that her husband committed suicide?
7. Describe the conference that the Creek Indians hold with the British.
8. What is the Trionfi Club?
9. What problems do you foresee in the potential relationship between Erasmus and Sarah?
10. Describe Thurso's life prior to being a ship captain.
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)