|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Thurso throw overboard?
2. Where is the person who notices Erasmus' ship?
(a) On a tree.
(b) Behind a rock.
(c) Atop a hill.
(d) In his tent.
3. Who is in love with Dinka?
4. Why do so many crew members die in Book One, Part Seven?
5. Who notices Erasmus' ship in Book Two, Part Nine?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives describe Timothy Owen?
2. What is Temka Tongman doing when he sees the ship?
3. Who is the first person whom Erasmus tells about his father's death?
4. How many slaves does Thurso think that he has at the end of Book One, Part Six?
5. Why does Erasmus marry a woman in Book Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the story of the trees as told by Paris and Kenka.
2. How does the syntax change in Book Two, Part Nine?
3. Explain "the sacred hunger". What is the narrator referring to by using that phrase?
4. What is the Trionfi Club?
5. How does Erasmus discover the ship in the swamp?
6. How has Paris' life changed between Book One and Book Two?
7. Describe the conference that the Creek Indians hold with the British.
8. What problems do you foresee in the potential relationship between Erasmus and Sarah?
9. Tell the story about the monkey that Cavana buys on the ship. What is the monkey's fate?
10. Describe how the death of Mr. Kemp is discovered.
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)