|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leaves the story in Book One, Part Five?
2. What type of effect does Wolpert think that Erasmus has on Sarah?
3. What does Erasmus plan on changing about Sarah once they are married?
(a) Her relationship with her family.
(b) Her religious views.
(c) Her education.
(d) Her personality.
4. Who does Erasmus decide must be brought to justice?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His ex-wife.
5. Who does Paris join in Book Two, Part Nine, at the settlement?
(c) His son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did people want to steal from Paris' home?
2. Who boards the Ship as a passenger in Book One, Part Six?
3. What does Thurso write a letter about in Book One, Part Six?
4. Which of the following is Hambo accused of doing?
5. What do Thurso and the Governor discuss?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the syntax change in Book Two, Part Nine?
2. How has Paris' life changed between Book One and Book Two?
3. What problems do you foresee in the potential relationship between Erasmus and Sarah?
4. Describe the story of the trees as told by Paris and Kenka.
5. What is the relationship between Delblanc and Paris like in Book One, Part Six?
6. Is Paris a likable man to most of the crew members aboard the ship? Why or why not?
7. What decision does Erasmus make in Book One, Part Seven, following his father's death?
8. Tell the story about the monkey that Cavana buys on the ship. What is the monkey's fate?
9. Describe how the death of Mr. Kemp is discovered.
10. How does Erasmus' relationship with Sarah change after Mr. Kemp dies?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)