|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who notices Erasmus' ship in Book Two, Part Nine?
2. Which of the following does the slave who refuses to eat spit on Paris' face?
3. Who is in love with Dinka?
4. Who does not seem affected by the disease on the Ship?
5. Who is the first person whom Erasmus tells about his father's death?
(a) Mrs. Kemp.
(b) Mrs. Adams.
(c) Mrs. Wolpert.
(d) Mrs. Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the person who notices Erasmus' ship?
2. What is the person who notices Erasmus' ship doing?
3. Who does Thurso throw overboard?
4. Which of the following are being built constantly in Book One, Part Six?
5. Whose portrait has Delblanc painted?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Paris' life changed between Book One and Book Two?
2. What role does witchcraft play in this story?
3. What conflict does Erasmus come upon in Book Two, Part Eight?
4. Explain the role of depression in Book One, Part Six.
5. How does Erasmus discover the ship in the swamp?
6. What is the Trionfi Club?
7. Describe the story of the trees as told by Paris and Kenka.
8. Tell the story about the monkey that Cavana buys on the ship. What is the monkey's fate?
9. Contrast the fort with the impoverished town that Paris visits in Book One, Part Six.
10. What events lead to the disappearance of Deakin and Calley?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)