|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does not seem affected by the disease on the Ship?
2. Who lives together in peace in a settlement?
(a) English and Irish.
(b) Animals and humans.
(c) Indians and Caribbeans.
(d) Blacks and Whites.
3. In Book One, Part Five, who decides to go ashore?
(a) Calley and Erasmus.
(b) Kemp and Wolpert.
(c) Sarah and her father.
(d) Thurso and Barton.
4. How does Erasmus' father die?
(a) He drowns.
(b) He hangs himself.
(c) He is run over by a horse.
(d) He is killed in a duel.
5. What does Erasmus plan on changing about Sarah once they are married?
(a) Her personality.
(b) Her religious views.
(c) Her relationship with her family.
(d) Her education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group lives in the city that Erasmus goes in Book Two?
2. What does the slave boy whom Paris accompanies purchase on shore?
3. Why do so many crew members die in Book One, Part Seven?
4. Who does Thurso throw overboard?
5. Which of the following does Erasmus think will be the source for him and Liverpool to prosper?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Erasmus discover the ship in the swamp?
2. Contrast the fort with the impoverished town that Paris visits in Book One, Part Six.
3. What events lead to the disappearance of Deakin and Calley?
4. How does the syntax change in Book Two, Part Nine?
5. Describe the story of the trees as told by Paris and Kenka.
6. What conflict does Erasmus come upon in Book Two, Part Eight?
7. Tell the story about the monkey that Cavana buys on the ship. What is the monkey's fate?
8. What does Paris find in a shed near Timothy Owens' place? What is his reaction?
9. What decision does Erasmus make in Book One, Part Seven, following his father's death?
10. Describe how the death of Mr. Kemp is discovered.
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)