|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Paris join in Book Two, Part Nine, at the settlement?
(a) His son.
2. What does Erasmus find aboard the ship?
3. Which character becomes ill with fever in Book One, Part Seven?
4. What do Thurso and the Governor discuss?
(a) The price of gold.
(b) The prices of slaves.
(c) The weather.
(d) Their families.
5. What does Erasmus find when he goes to find his father?
(a) That he is having an affair.
(b) That he is trading illegally.
(c) That he has hung himself.
(d) That he is working late.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the person who notices Erasmus' ship?
2. In Book One, Part Five, who decides to go ashore?
3. Which of the following is Hambo accused of doing?
4. What frightened Paris's wife?
5. Who leaves the Ship when the men pass out?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain "the sacred hunger". What is the narrator referring to by using that phrase?
2. What sort of effect does Wolpert realize Erasmus has on Sarah?
3. Describe Thurso's life prior to being a ship captain.
4. What decision does Erasmus make in Book One, Part Seven, following his father's death?
5. How does Erasmus discover the ship in the swamp?
6. Is Paris a likable man to most of the crew members aboard the ship? Why or why not?
7. Describe the conference that the Creek Indians hold with the British.
8. What role does witchcraft play in this story?
9. What is the Trionfi Club?
10. How does Erasmus' relationship with Sarah change after Mr. Kemp dies?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)