|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following individuals share Sallian Kivee?
(a) Blair and Inchebe.
(b) Paris and Inchebe.
(c) Hughes and Adams.
(d) Paris and Kemp.
2. Who boards the Ship as a passenger in Book One, Part Six?
(a) Calley's mother.
3. What type of effect does Wolpert think that Erasmus has on Sarah?
4. What does Sarah realize about Erasmus at the end of Book One, Part Seven?
(a) That he really is not as handsome as she thought.
(b) That he is plotting against her.
(c) That she would have been his property.
(d) That he loves someone else.
5. Who notices Erasmus' ship in Book Two, Part Nine?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Erasmus eat that is in the shape of a black woman?
2. Which of the following weapons kills Deakin?
3. Why is Mrs. Kemp irritated when Erasmus gets home?
4. How many slaves does Thurso think that he has at the end of Book One, Part Six?
5. What is Temka Tongman doing when he sees the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between Delblanc and Paris like in Book One, Part Six?
2. What is the Trionfi Club?
3. Explain "the sacred hunger". What is the narrator referring to by using that phrase?
4. Why does Mrs. Kemp deny that her husband committed suicide?
5. Describe how the death of Mr. Kemp is discovered.
6. What conflict does Erasmus come upon in Book Two, Part Eight?
7. How does Paris' fair treatment of others benefit him in Book One, Part Six?
8. What problems do you foresee in the potential relationship between Erasmus and Sarah?
9. What role does witchcraft play in this story?
10. Describe Thurso's life prior to being a ship captain.
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)