|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is fitted with leg irons on the Ship?
2. Who boards the Ship as a passenger in Book One, Part Six?
(a) Calley's mother.
3. Which character becomes ill with fever in Book One, Part Seven?
4. What did people want to steal from Paris' home?
(a) His child.
(c) A press.
(d) His blueprints.
5. What frightened Paris's wife?
(a) A mob.
(b) A fire.
(c) A spider.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Thurso throw overboard?
2. Which of the following are being built constantly in Book One, Part Six?
3. What does the slave boy whom Paris accompanies purchase on shore?
4. Who does Erasmus decide must be brought to justice?
5. Who notices Erasmus' ship in Book Two, Part Nine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how the death of Mr. Kemp is discovered.
2. Explain "the sacred hunger". What is the narrator referring to by using that phrase?
3. How does Paris' fair treatment of others benefit him in Book One, Part Six?
4. What problems do you foresee in the potential relationship between Erasmus and Sarah?
5. What is the relationship between Delblanc and Paris like in Book One, Part Six?
6. What role does witchcraft play in this story?
7. What is the Trionfi Club?
8. Tell the story about the monkey that Cavana buys on the ship. What is the monkey's fate?
9. What events lead to the disappearance of Deakin and Calley?
10. Explain the role of depression in Book One, Part Six.
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)