|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the dead boy who was found on the beach buried?
(a) The ocean.
(b) In the common plot.
(c) Next to his mother.
(d) He is not buried. He is cremated.
2. Who is in love with Dinka?
3. Who does Paris tell about the bodies that he finds in a shed?
(a) No one.
(b) His wife.
4. In Book Two, with whom does Paris' son live?
(a) His grandmother.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His mother.
5. Who leaves the story in Book One, Part Five?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who receives a letter from Thurso?
2. Who offers Erasmus a job?
3. Why do so many crew members die in Book One, Part Seven?
4. Who notices Erasmus' ship in Book Two, Part Nine?
5. What is Temka Tongman doing when he sees the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Kemp deny that her husband committed suicide?
2. What is the Trionfi Club?
3. What sort of effect does Wolpert realize Erasmus has on Sarah?
4. How does Mrs. Kemp change after her husband's death?
5. How does the syntax change in Book Two, Part Nine?
6. Tell the story about the monkey that Cavana buys on the ship. What is the monkey's fate?
7. How does Erasmus discover the ship in the swamp?
8. Do you find Thurso's action of throwing slaves overboard surprising? Why or why not?
9. What decision does Erasmus make in Book One, Part Seven, following his father's death?
10. What events lead to the disappearance of Deakin and Calley?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)