|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does Erasmus travel to in Book Two?
(c) New Orleans.
(d) St. Augustine.
2. Which of the following weapons kills Deakin?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A spear.
(c) A rock.
(d) A musket.
3. What does the portrait that Delblanc has painted look like?
(a) A death mask.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A woman.
(d) A robot.
4. Who is the first person whom Erasmus tells about his father's death?
(a) Mrs. Kemp.
(b) Mrs. Wolpert.
(c) Mrs. Adams.
(d) Mrs. Paris.
5. Who lives together in peace in a settlement?
(a) Indians and Caribbeans.
(b) Blacks and Whites.
(c) Animals and humans.
(d) English and Irish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose body does Paris find in a shed?
2. Which of the following does the slave who refuses to eat spit on Paris' face?
3. Who does Thurso throw overboard?
4. What does the slave boy whom Paris accompanies purchase on shore?
5. What do Thurso and the Governor discuss?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Thurso's life prior to being a ship captain.
2. Tell the story about the monkey that Cavana buys on the ship. What is the monkey's fate?
3. What sort of effect does Wolpert realize Erasmus has on Sarah?
4. How does Erasmus discover the ship in the swamp?
5. Is Paris a likable man to most of the crew members aboard the ship? Why or why not?
6. Contrast the fort with the impoverished town that Paris visits in Book One, Part Six.
7. What role does witchcraft play in this story?
8. What is the relationship between Delblanc and Paris like in Book One, Part Six?
9. Why does Mrs. Kemp deny that her husband committed suicide?
10. Describe how the death of Mr. Kemp is discovered.
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)