|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the slave boy whom Paris is allowed to accompany to shore?
2. Which of the following are being built constantly in Book One, Part Six?
3. Who is fitted with leg irons on the Ship?
4. What does Sarah realize about Erasmus at the end of Book One, Part Seven?
(a) That he really is not as handsome as she thought.
(b) That she would have been his property.
(c) That he loves someone else.
(d) That he is plotting against her.
5. How does Erasmus' father die?
(a) He is run over by a horse.
(b) He drowns.
(c) He is killed in a duel.
(d) He hangs himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of challenges are there on the Ship in Book One, Part Seven?
2. In Book One, Part Five, who decides to go ashore?
3. Which of the following does Erasmus think will be the source for him and Liverpool to prosper?
4. Who does the crew trade with to obtain alcohol?
5. What does Erasmus find aboard the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems do you foresee in the potential relationship between Erasmus and Sarah?
2. What role does witchcraft play in this story?
3. What sort of effect does Wolpert realize Erasmus has on Sarah?
4. What events lead to the disappearance of Deakin and Calley?
5. How does Erasmus' relationship with Sarah change after Mr. Kemp dies?
6. What decision does Erasmus make in Book One, Part Seven, following his father's death?
7. Describe the story of the trees as told by Paris and Kenka.
8. Tell the story about the monkey that Cavana buys on the ship. What is the monkey's fate?
9. What is the Trionfi Club?
10. What conflict does Erasmus come upon in Book Two, Part Eight?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)