|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What benefit would Thurso get for lost cargo?
(a) Less people to feed.
(b) Tax write-off.
(c) Insurance payments.
2. Who fights on the Ship in Book One, Part Five?
(a) Calley and Kemp.
(b) Haines and Wilson.
(c) Paris and Wilson.
(d) Barton and Thurso.
3. Why are Blair and Inchebe arguing?
(a) Because they want to play different games.
(b) Because they are in love with the same woman.
(c) Because their turkey hunt was unsuccessful.
(d) Because they are tired.
4. Who receives a letter from Thurso?
5. What is the person who notices Erasmus' ship doing?
(a) Cleaning a rabbit.
(b) Trying to sleep.
(c) Waiting for deer.
(d) Waiting for a friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is on board the ship to keep slaves from jumping overboard?
2. Why is Mrs. Kemp irritated when Erasmus gets home?
3. Which of the following weapons kills Deakin?
4. Who is a principal slave dealer?
5. Which of the following does the slave who refuses to eat spit on Paris' face?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Trionfi Club?
2. Tell the story about the monkey that Cavana buys on the ship. What is the monkey's fate?
3. What events lead to the disappearance of Deakin and Calley?
4. How does the syntax change in Book Two, Part Nine?
5. How has Paris' life changed between Book One and Book Two?
6. Describe how the death of Mr. Kemp is discovered.
7. Why does Mrs. Kemp deny that her husband committed suicide?
8. What does Paris find in a shed near Timothy Owens' place? What is his reaction?
9. Contrast the fort with the impoverished town that Paris visits in Book One, Part Six.
10. Describe Thurso's life prior to being a ship captain.
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)