|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What industry does Erasmus vow to go into in order to restore his father's name?
2. Who notices Erasmus' ship in Book Two, Part Nine?
3. What group lives in the city that Erasmus goes in Book Two?
(a) The Creoles.
(b) The Creek Indians.
(d) The Southern Belles.
4. What is Temka Tongman doing when he sees the ship?
(a) Building a dinghy.
(b) Taking a walk.
(c) Cooking breakfast.
(d) Checking his fish nets.
5. What type of challenges are there on the Ship in Book One, Part Seven?
(a) Romantic difficulties.
(b) Not enough food.
(c) Crew members not getting along.
(d) Weather problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is a principal slave dealer?
2. Who does Paris tell about the bodies that he finds in a shed?
3. Who does not seem affected by the disease on the Ship?
4. Why is it hard to hear the fiddle aboard the Ship?
5. Who is in love with Dinka?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain "the sacred hunger". What is the narrator referring to by using that phrase?
2. Explain the role of depression in Book One, Part Six.
3. Describe how the death of Mr. Kemp is discovered.
4. What conflict does Erasmus come upon in Book Two, Part Eight?
5. How does Erasmus discover the ship in the swamp?
6. Contrast the fort with the impoverished town that Paris visits in Book One, Part Six.
7. Describe the conference that the Creek Indians hold with the British.
8. What does Paris find in a shed near Timothy Owens' place? What is his reaction?
9. What is the Trionfi Club?
10. Describe the story of the trees as told by Paris and Kenka.
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)