|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Kemp irritated when Erasmus gets home?
(a) Because he does not say hello.
(b) Because his dinner has gotten cold.
(c) Because Mr. Kemp has not gotten home yet.
(d) Becauss he is late.
2. Which of the following individuals share Sallian Kivee?
(a) Hughes and Adams.
(b) Blair and Inchebe.
(c) Paris and Kemp.
(d) Paris and Inchebe.
3. What type of challenges are there on the Ship in Book One, Part Seven?
(a) Crew members not getting along.
(b) Romantic difficulties.
(c) Not enough food.
(d) Weather problems.
4. Why does Erasmus marry a woman in Book Two?
(a) She reminds him of Sarah.
(b) The woman is pregnant.
(c) For her wealth.
(d) He wants to have children.
5. What is the sacred hunger?
(a) The sanctity of humanity.
(b) The sanctity of money.
(c) The sanctity of love.
(d) The sanctity of a relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Paris tell about his wife's death?
2. In Book One, Part Five, who decides to go ashore?
3. What does the portrait that Delblanc has painted look like?
4. Whose secret meeting does Erasmus attend in Book Two?
5. What city does Erasmus travel to in Book Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Kemp change after her husband's death?
2. Contrast the fort with the impoverished town that Paris visits in Book One, Part Six.
3. Describe Thurso's life prior to being a ship captain.
4. What conflict does Erasmus come upon in Book Two, Part Eight?
5. How does Paris' fair treatment of others benefit him in Book One, Part Six?
6. What events lead to the disappearance of Deakin and Calley?
7. What is the relationship between Delblanc and Paris like in Book One, Part Six?
8. How does Erasmus discover the ship in the swamp?
9. What decision does Erasmus make in Book One, Part Seven, following his father's death?
10. How has Paris' life changed between Book One and Book Two?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)