|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes Calley back to the Ship?
(b) Susu people.
(c) Creek people.
(d) Daniel and Paris.
2. Who does Kemp meet with in Book Two, Part Eight?
(a) Sir William Templeton.
(b) Governor of the Fort.
(c) Sarah's new husband.
(d) His Royal Highness.
3. Which of the following does the slave who refuses to eat spit on Paris' face?
4. Which of the following individuals share Sallian Kivee?
(a) Paris and Inchebe.
(b) Blair and Inchebe.
(c) Hughes and Adams.
(d) Paris and Kemp.
5. How many slaves does Thurso think that he has at the end of Book One, Part Six?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Erasmus find when he goes to find his father?
2. Who does not seem affected by the disease on the Ship?
3. Who does Paris tell about the bodies that he finds in a shed?
4. Why do so many crew members die in Book One, Part Seven?
5. Who is the Superintendent of Indian Affairs for the Southern District?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Thurso's life prior to being a ship captain.
2. What does Paris find in a shed near Timothy Owens' place? What is his reaction?
3. How has Paris' life changed between Book One and Book Two?
4. What role does witchcraft play in this story?
5. How does the syntax change in Book Two, Part Nine?
6. Is Paris a likable man to most of the crew members aboard the ship? Why or why not?
7. What decision does Erasmus make in Book One, Part Seven, following his father's death?
8. Tell the story about the monkey that Cavana buys on the ship. What is the monkey's fate?
9. Explain the role of depression in Book One, Part Six.
10. Why does Mrs. Kemp deny that her husband committed suicide?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)