|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose portrait has Delblanc painted?
(b) The British Queen's.
(c) His own.
(d) The Governor's.
2. Who does Kemp meet with in Book Two, Part Eight?
(a) Sarah's new husband.
(b) Sir William Templeton.
(c) Governor of the Fort.
(d) His Royal Highness.
3. Who does Paris tell about the bodies that he finds in a shed?
(a) His wife.
(c) No one.
4. Which of the following is Hambo accused of doing?
(b) Conducting Witchcraft.
(c) Talking too much.
5. What frightened Paris's wife?
(a) A spider.
(b) A mob.
(c) A fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives together in peace in a settlement?
2. What does Erasmus plan on changing about Sarah once they are married?
3. Who notices Erasmus' ship in Book Two, Part Nine?
4. Who boards the Ship as a passenger in Book One, Part Six?
5. What does Erasmus find when he goes to find his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does witchcraft play in this story?
2. Tell the story about the monkey that Cavana buys on the ship. What is the monkey's fate?
3. What conflict does Erasmus come upon in Book Two, Part Eight?
4. Do you find Thurso's action of throwing slaves overboard surprising? Why or why not?
5. What does Paris find in a shed near Timothy Owens' place? What is his reaction?
6. What events lead to the disappearance of Deakin and Calley?
7. How does the syntax change in Book Two, Part Nine?
8. Describe Thurso's life prior to being a ship captain.
9. What decision does Erasmus make in Book One, Part Seven, following his father's death?
10. How has Paris' life changed between Book One and Book Two?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)