|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Thurso and the Governor discuss?
(a) Their families.
(b) The price of gold.
(c) The prices of slaves.
(d) The weather.
2. What is the person who notices Erasmus' ship doing?
(a) Cleaning a rabbit.
(b) Waiting for deer.
(c) Waiting for a friend.
(d) Trying to sleep.
3. Which of the following does the slave who refuses to eat spit on Paris' face?
4. Who is upset when Erasmus turns down the job?
(d) His mother.
5. Where was the Ship seen abandoned in Book Two?
(a) The Carolinas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves the Ship when the men pass out?
2. Who is the first person whom Erasmus tells about his father's death?
3. Who does Thurso throw overboard?
4. Who meets the Company Fort Governor?
5. What type of challenges are there on the Ship in Book One, Part Seven?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision does Erasmus make in Book One, Part Seven, following his father's death?
2. Why does Mrs. Kemp deny that her husband committed suicide?
3. What is the Trionfi Club?
4. What role does witchcraft play in this story?
5. Tell the story about the monkey that Cavana buys on the ship. What is the monkey's fate?
6. What does Paris find in a shed near Timothy Owens' place? What is his reaction?
7. Describe the conference that the Creek Indians hold with the British.
8. How does Erasmus' relationship with Sarah change after Mr. Kemp dies?
9. What is the relationship between Delblanc and Paris like in Book One, Part Six?
10. Explain the role of depression in Book One, Part Six.
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)