|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who notices Erasmus' ship in Book Two, Part Nine?
2. Whose portrait has Delblanc painted?
(b) His own.
(c) The British Queen's.
(d) The Governor's.
3. Who does Thurso throw overboard?
4. In Book One, Part Five, who decides to go ashore?
(a) Calley and Erasmus.
(b) Sarah and her father.
(c) Thurso and Barton.
(d) Kemp and Wolpert.
5. Who fights on the Ship in Book One, Part Five?
(a) Calley and Kemp.
(b) Barton and Thurso.
(c) Haines and Wilson.
(d) Paris and Wilson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives together in peace in a settlement?
2. Why does Erasmus marry a woman in Book Two?
3. Which of the following does the slave who refuses to eat spit on Paris' face?
4. Who receives a letter from Thurso?
5. What does Erasmus find aboard the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between Delblanc and Paris like in Book One, Part Six?
2. What is the Trionfi Club?
3. Describe the conference that the Creek Indians hold with the British.
4. What does Paris find in a shed near Timothy Owens' place? What is his reaction?
5. How does the syntax change in Book Two, Part Nine?
6. What role does witchcraft play in this story?
7. Describe how the death of Mr. Kemp is discovered.
8. Do you find Thurso's action of throwing slaves overboard surprising? Why or why not?
9. Is Paris a likable man to most of the crew members aboard the ship? Why or why not?
10. Explain the role of depression in Book One, Part Six.
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)