|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who meets the Company Fort Governor?
(a) Judd Deakin.
(b) Erasmus and his family.
(c) Calley and Ross Deakin.
(d) Paris and Thurso.
2. Which character becomes ill with fever in Book One, Part Seven?
3. Why does Erasmus marry a woman in Book Two?
(a) She reminds him of Sarah.
(b) For her wealth.
(c) He wants to have children.
(d) The woman is pregnant.
4. Who is in love with Dinka?
5. Which of the following weapons kills Deakin?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A spear.
(c) A rock.
(d) A musket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kemp meet with in Book Two, Part Eight?
2. What is the sacred hunger?
3. What is Temka Tongman doing when he sees the ship?
4. Whose portrait has Delblanc painted?
5. To whom does Thurso write a letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conference that the Creek Indians hold with the British.
2. Describe how the death of Mr. Kemp is discovered.
3. How has Paris' life changed between Book One and Book Two?
4. How does the syntax change in Book Two, Part Nine?
5. What does Paris find in a shed near Timothy Owens' place? What is his reaction?
6. What is the Trionfi Club?
7. What sort of effect does Wolpert realize Erasmus has on Sarah?
8. Describe the story of the trees as told by Paris and Kenka.
9. What is the relationship between Delblanc and Paris like in Book One, Part Six?
10. Why does Mrs. Kemp deny that her husband committed suicide?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)