|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the person who notices Erasmus' ship?
(a) Behind a rock.
(b) On a tree.
(c) Atop a hill.
(d) In his tent.
2. Who does not seem affected by the disease on the Ship?
3. What does Erasmus think about during his father's funeral?
(a) How he would like to be a crew member on the Ship.
(b) How his father sniffed wood of the Ship.
(c) What he will do with his life.
(d) Sarah Wolpert.
4. Where was the Ship seen abandoned in Book Two?
(d) The Carolinas.
5. What does Erasmus find aboard the ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Thurso and the Governor discuss?
2. Which character becomes ill with fever in Book One, Part Seven?
3. Who meets the Company Fort Governor?
4. What industry does Erasmus vow to go into in order to restore his father's name?
5. Why does Erasmus marry a woman in Book Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Kemp change after her husband's death?
2. How does Erasmus' relationship with Sarah change after Mr. Kemp dies?
3. Why does Mrs. Kemp deny that her husband committed suicide?
4. Contrast the fort with the impoverished town that Paris visits in Book One, Part Six.
5. How does the syntax change in Book Two, Part Nine?
6. Tell the story about the monkey that Cavana buys on the ship. What is the monkey's fate?
7. Describe Thurso's life prior to being a ship captain.
8. Describe how the death of Mr. Kemp is discovered.
9. Is Paris a likable man to most of the crew members aboard the ship? Why or why not?
10. Explain the role of depression in Book One, Part Six.
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)