|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who fights on the Ship in Book One, Part Five?
(a) Paris and Wilson.
(b) Calley and Kemp.
(c) Barton and Thurso.
(d) Haines and Wilson.
2. What did people want to steal from Paris' home?
(a) His blueprints.
(b) A press.
(d) His child.
3. Who boards the Ship as a passenger in Book One, Part Six?
(b) Calley's mother.
4. Who would Erasmus be working for if he accepted the job that he was offered?
(b) The Ship.
(c) The government.
5. Who offers Erasmus a job?
(a) His mother.
(b) Mr. Wolpert.
(d) Henry Adams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What benefit would Thurso get for lost cargo?
2. What is Delblanc's profession?
3. Which character becomes ill with fever in Book One, Part Seven?
4. Why does Erasmus turn down the job?
5. Who does Kemp meet with in Book Two, Part Eight?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Erasmus discover the ship in the swamp?
2. What role does witchcraft play in this story?
3. Explain the role of depression in Book One, Part Six.
4. Describe how the death of Mr. Kemp is discovered.
5. Is Paris a likable man to most of the crew members aboard the ship? Why or why not?
6. What is the relationship between Delblanc and Paris like in Book One, Part Six?
7. What does Paris find in a shed near Timothy Owens' place? What is his reaction?
8. How does the syntax change in Book Two, Part Nine?
9. Contrast the fort with the impoverished town that Paris visits in Book One, Part Six.
10. Why does Mrs. Kemp deny that her husband committed suicide?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)