|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who trails behind Erasmus and Sarah as they go for a walk?
(a) Her father.
(c) Mr. Kemp.
(d) Miss Edwards.
2. What is the name of the character who is mentally handicapped?
3. What was the name of Paris' wife?
4. Who argues over the value of each slave?
(a) Paris and Kemp.
(b) Adams and Henry.
(c) Thurso and Paris.
(d) Thurso and Yellow Henry.
5. In Book One, Part One, how many children does Paris have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the protagonist in this story?
2. Who signed both Paris' medical license and prison sentence?
3. Who is the captain of the ship?
4. In what city does the Prologue take place?
5. Whose conflict is the cast of the play discussing in Book One, Part Four?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tragedy occurs while the Ship is being built?
2. How do readers discover how Sarah feels about Erasmus?
3. How does the ocean affect Paris?
4. What is the relationship between Kemp and Saul Thurso like?
5. Describe what happens in Book One, Part One, when Erasmus gets to the Wolperts' home.
6. How does Erasmus' role in the play reflect aspects of himself in real life?
7. Describe Paris' last night on shore before boarding the Ship.
8. Which three characters share a toast in Book One and why do they share it?
9. What types of memories does Paris frequently dwell on when he is on the ship?
10. Why does Thurso not want his crew members to mistreat any of the men on the Ship right away?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)