|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Paris speak through his journal?
(b) His wife.
(d) His son.
2. How old is Luther Sawdust?
(a) He is elderly.
(b) He is middle-aged.
(c) He is in his twenties.
(d) He is a teenager.
3. Who reveals her interest in Erasmus?
(a) Mrs. Wolpert.
(b) Mrs. Adams.
(d) Ms. Kemp.
4. Which of the following theories does Paris reveal that he believes in through a letter?
(d) The Big Bang.
5. What is the name of the play rehearsed in this story?
(b) The Enchanted Island.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who admits his love for Sarah?
2. Where does Paris ask to be served his meal?
3. Who gives Erasmus permission to propose to Sarah?
4. What is in progress when Erasmus arrives at the Wolpert residence?
5. Who is present at every stage of the building of the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Thurso not want his crew members to mistreat any of the men on the Ship right away?
2. How is Thurso characterized in Book One, Part Two?
3. What happens between Deakin, Calley, and Libby in Book One, Part Three?
4. Describe the setting for the Prologue.
5. Why does Erasmus not like Matthew Paris?
6. What does Paris' view of evolution have to do with his imprisonment?
7. What tragedy occurs while the Ship is being built?
8. How do readers discover how Sarah feels about Erasmus?
9. What significance does the mantra "when we are married" have in Book One, Part Four?
10. Describe Paris' last night on shore before boarding the Ship.
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)