|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who trails behind Erasmus and Sarah as they go for a walk?
(a) Mr. Kemp.
(b) Her father.
(c) Miss Edwards.
2. Where is the play in Book One, Part One, rehearsed?
(a) In an old schoolhouse.
(b) At the Wolperts' home.
(c) In an abandoned theater.
(d) Aboard the ship.
3. Where is the inn where Paris spends his last night on shore?
(a) Creek Row
(b) Water Street.
(c) Ocean Blvd.
(d) River Road.
4. What does Paris eat in Book One, Part 3?
5. Who signed both Paris' medical license and prison sentence?
(a) Mr. Wolpert.
(b) The Biship of Norwich.
(c) Saul Thurso.
(d) Erasmus' father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who almost attacks Libby in Book One, Part Three?
2. Which part in the play does Erasmus take?
3. Who is the narrator of this story?
4. What was Sawdust's father's profession?
5. Who is discovered to be struggling financially in Book One, Part Four?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens in Book One, Part One, when Erasmus gets to the Wolperts' home.
2. What does Erasmus think about as Paris is ill and dying in Book Two, Part Nine?
3. Based on the state of affairs at the end of the book, is the utopia created by Paris going to last? Why?
4. Describe Paris' last night on shore before boarding the Ship.
5. Describe Thurso's life prior to being a ship captain.
6. How does the ocean affect Paris?
7. What significance does the mantra "when we are married" have in Book One, Part Four?
8. Why does Thurso have James Wilson flogged?
9. Why is Kemp so motivated to convince Paris to go aboard the Ship?
10. What does Paris find in a shed near Timothy Owens' place? What is his reaction?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)