|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who seems satisfied by the deaths that take place on the Ship in Book One, Part One?
2. Whose conflict is the cast of the play discussing in Book One, Part Four?
(a) Sarah's and Erasmus'.
(b) Bailey's and Aubrey's.
(c) Kemp's and Paris'.
(d) Adams' and Erasmus'.
3. Who is asked to quit the play?
4. Which part in the play does Erasmus take?
5. What is in progress when Erasmus arrives at the Wolpert residence?
(a) A Christmas party.
(b) A play rehearsal.
(c) A birthday party.
(d) A funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Erasmus say that he is going to the Wolpert home to see?
2. Who does the cast not seem to like much?
3. Which character does Sarah Wolpert play?
4. What was the name of Paris' wife?
5. How does William Kemp regard his wealth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Erasmus not like Matthew Paris?
2. Why is Kemp so motivated to convince Paris to go aboard the Ship?
3. What does Erasmus see in town after he gets lost?
4. Why was Paris imprisoned?
5. Name two men who are convinced to join the crew of the Liverpool Merchant at the last minute.
6. What does Erasmus compare to cattle in Book One, Part Four?
7. How do readers discover how Sarah feels about Erasmus?
8. How does the ocean affect Paris?
9. Which three characters share a toast in Book One and why do they share it?
10. What does Paris' view of evolution have to do with his imprisonment?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)