|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who meets at the bottom of an old barge?
(a) Members of the play's cast.
(b) Sarah and Erasmus.
(c) Paris and his wife.
(d) Members of the crew.
2. How old was Erasmus when Paris removed him from the dam?
3. Who is in charge of the men who were tricked to be part of the crew?
(a) Paris and Kemp.
(b) Hughes and Cavana.
(c) Thurso and Calley.
(d) Driver and Deakin.
4. How does William Kemp regard his wealth?
(a) As a product of hard work.
(b) As something not to be taken for granted.
(c) As a miracle.
(d) As fleeting and temporary.
5. Who is asked to quit the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which three men toast in Book One, Part One?
2. Who has severe seasickness?
3. Who trails behind Erasmus and Sarah as they go for a walk?
4. Who does the cast not seem to like much?
5. What does Paris do while the crew is busy with preparations?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Thurso not want his crew members to mistreat any of the men on the Ship right away?
2. What good results from the slaves going aboard the ship, according to the narrator in Book One, Part Four?
3. Why is Kemp so motivated to convince Paris to go aboard the Ship?
4. What is the Trionfi Club?
5. Describe what happens in Book One, Part One, when Erasmus gets to the Wolperts' home.
6. How does the syntax change in Book Two, Part Nine?
7. How does Erasmus discover the ship in the swamp?
8. Explain the role of depression in Book One, Part Six.
9. Why does Thurso have James Wilson flogged?
10. Based on the state of affairs at the end of the book, is the utopia created by Paris going to last? Why?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)