|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose blood is seen on the deck of the ship?
(b) A little boy's.
(c) It is unclear.
2. Who has severe seasickness?
(a) Luther Sawdust.
(b) Saul Thurso.
(d) Daniel Calley.
3. Where does the cast of the play meet due to rainy weather?
(a) The library.
(b) Sarah's bedroom.
(c) The ship.
(d) A pub.
4. What does Paris do while the crew is busy with preparations?
(a) Writes in his journal.
(b) Talks to Thurso.
(d) Lifts weights.
5. What do Thurso and Barton plan to do when they reach shore?
(a) Throw the others overboard.
(b) Abandon ship.
(c) Trade in gold dust.
(d) Buy alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Calley end up on the Ship?
2. What was the cause of Ruth's death?
3. Who is discovered to be struggling financially in Book One, Part Four?
4. Who reprimands Parker?
5. Who gives Erasmus permission to propose to Sarah?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Deakin, Calley, and Libby in Book One, Part Three?
2. Describe the setting for the Prologue.
3. Why is Kemp so motivated to convince Paris to go aboard the Ship?
4. How do readers discover how Sarah feels about Erasmus?
5. How does the ocean affect Paris?
6. What significance does the mantra "when we are married" have in Book One, Part Four?
7. How would you describe Erasmus as he is presented in the first half of the book?
8. What does Erasmus compare to cattle in Book One, Part Four?
9. What does Erasmus see in town after he gets lost?
10. How does Erasmus' role in the play reflect aspects of himself in real life?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)