|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives in Liverpool after having spent eight months at sea?
(a) William Kemp.
(b) William Blair.
(c) Luther Sawdust.
(d) Saul Thurso.
2. Who argues over the value of each slave?
(a) Thurso and Yellow Henry.
(b) Paris and Kemp.
(c) Adams and Henry.
(d) Thurso and Paris.
3. Who thanks the gods in Book One, Part Four?
4. Which of the following theories does Paris reveal that he believes in through a letter?
(c) The Big Bang.
5. How many workers are killed on the Ship while it is being built?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is discovered to be struggling financially in Book One, Part Four?
2. In Book One, Part One, how many children does Paris have?
3. What does Paris do while the crew is busy with preparations?
4. With whom is Erasmus obsessed?
5. Whose conflict is the cast of the play discussing in Book One, Part Four?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain "the sacred hunger". What is the narrator referring to by using that phrase?
2. Why does Erasmus dislike Henry Adams?
3. What is the relationship between Kemp and Saul Thurso like?
4. How does Erasmus discover the ship in the swamp?
5. Contrast the fort with the impoverished town that Paris visits in Book One, Part Six.
6. What conflict does Erasmus come upon in Book Two, Part Eight?
7. What does Paris find in a shed near Timothy Owens' place? What is his reaction?
8. How does Erasmus' role in the play reflect aspects of himself in real life?
9. Do you find Thurso's action of throwing slaves overboard surprising? Why or why not?
10. What good results from the slaves going aboard the ship, according to the narrator in Book One, Part Four?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)