|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which weapon is presented in Book One, Part Two, Chapter 14?
(a) A bow and arrow.
(b) A musket.
(c) A whip.
(d) A pistol.
2. Who admits his love for Sarah?
(d) The Vicar.
3. Who has severe seasickness?
(a) Daniel Calley.
(b) Luther Sawdust.
(c) Saul Thurso.
4. Why does Thurso tell his men not to mistreat the slaves?
(a) Because his wife has asked him to do so.
(b) Because he feels sorry for them.
(c) Because he wants the most money possible for them.
(d) Because he has become a changed man.
5. Who argues over the value of each slave?
(a) Adams and Henry.
(b) Paris and Kemp.
(c) Thurso and Yellow Henry.
(d) Thurso and Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who raises his hand to the boatswain?
2. To which of the following destinations will the Ship take her maiden voyage?
3. Who is the antagonist in this story?
4. Who reprimands Parker?
5. Where is the inn where Paris spends his last night on shore?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the title of the play rehearsed on the Wolpert property appropriate?
2. How do readers discover how Sarah feels about Erasmus?
3. What happens between Deakin, Calley, and Libby in Book One, Part Three?
4. Name two men who are convinced to join the crew of the Liverpool Merchant at the last minute.
5. Which three characters share a toast in Book One and why do they share it?
6. Describe what happens in Book One, Part One, when Erasmus gets to the Wolperts' home.
7. Why does Erasmus not like Matthew Paris?
8. Why does Thurso not want his crew members to mistreat any of the men on the Ship right away?
9. Describe the setting for the Prologue.
10. What tragedy occurs while the Ship is being built?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)