|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Erasmus spot in the shadows when he gets lost in the city?
(a) A hungry family.
(b) Stolen goods.
(c) A dying man.
2. What was the cause of Ruth's death?
(a) Broken heart.
(b) Car accident.
3. Who is discovered to be struggling financially in Book One, Part Four?
(a) Mr. Calley.
(b) Mr. Kemp.
(c) Mr. Daniels.
(d) Mr. Wolpert.
4. In Book One, Part One, how many children does Paris have?
5. Which character does Sarah Wolpert play?
(d) Lady Macbeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the last man added to the Ship's crew?
2. Who thanks the gods in Book One, Part Four?
3. Who has severe seasickness?
4. In what city does the Prologue take place?
5. Where does Paris ask to be served his meal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the relationship between Delblanc and Paris like in Book One, Part Six?
2. How does Erasmus' role in the play reflect aspects of himself in real life?
3. Tell the story about the monkey that Cavana buys on the ship. What is the monkey's fate?
4. Describe how the death of Mr. Kemp is discovered.
5. How does the syntax change in Book Two, Part Nine?
6. Why is Kemp so motivated to convince Paris to go aboard the Ship?
7. Why does Thurso have James Wilson flogged?
8. What significance does the mantra "when we are married" have in Book One, Part Four?
9. Name two men who are convinced to join the crew of the Liverpool Merchant at the last minute.
10. How has Paris' life changed between Book One and Book Two?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)