|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Erasmus permission to propose to Sarah?
(a) His priest.
(b) Her father.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His father.
2. Who reprimands Parker?
(d) The Vicar.
3. What does Paris eat in Book One, Part 3?
4. Who does Thurso decide to have flogged?
(a) James Wilson.
(b) Matthew Paris.
(c) His son.
5. Who is Erasmus' cousin?
(a) Sarah Wolpert.
(b) Saul Thurso.
(c) Luther Sawdust.
(d) Matthew Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in charge of the men who were tricked to be part of the crew?
2. Who argues over the value of each slave?
3. Who thanks the gods in Book One, Part Four?
4. Where is the final destination of the ship?
5. Which character does Sarah Wolpert play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What significance does the mantra "when we are married" have in Book One, Part Four?
2. Why was Paris imprisoned?
3. Describe the setting for the Prologue.
4. How is Thurso characterized in Book One, Part Two?
5. How does the ocean affect Paris?
6. What does Erasmus compare to cattle in Book One, Part Four?
7. How does Erasmus feel about Sarah Wolpert in Book One?
8. How does the reader gain an inside perspective of the death of Paris' wife?
9. Describe what happens in Book One, Part One, when Erasmus gets to the Wolperts' home.
10. What tragedy occurs while the Ship is being built?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)