|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book One, Part One, how many children does Paris have?
2. Who meets at the bottom of an old barge?
(a) Members of the play's cast.
(b) Sarah and Erasmus.
(c) Paris and his wife.
(d) Members of the crew.
3. In what sea is the Ship let loose near the beginning of her voyage?
(a) The Yellow Sea.
(b) The Black Sea.
(c) The Irish Sea.
(d) The Mediterranean Sea.
4. Whom of the following is not a member of the Ship's crew?
5. Who is Erasmus' cousin?
(a) Sarah Wolpert.
(b) Matthew Paris.
(c) Saul Thurso.
(d) Luther Sawdust.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Paris ask to be served his meal?
2. Who does Thurso decide to have flogged?
3. Which of the following books reminds Paris of his past?
4. What does Paris do while the crew is busy with preparations?
5. How old was Erasmus when Paris removed him from the dam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What significance does the mantra "when we are married" have in Book One, Part Four?
2. How do readers discover how Sarah feels about Erasmus?
3. Name two men who are convinced to join the crew of the Liverpool Merchant at the last minute.
4. What does Erasmus see in town after he gets lost?
5. Why does Thurso have James Wilson flogged?
6. What does Erasmus compare to cattle in Book One, Part Four?
7. Is Erasmus allowed to propose to Sarah? What happens afterward?
8. Describe Paris' last night on shore before boarding the Ship.
9. Why does Erasmus dislike Henry Adams?
10. Why does Thurso not want his crew members to mistreat any of the men on the Ship right away?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)