|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in charge of the men who were tricked to be part of the crew?
(a) Thurso and Calley.
(b) Hughes and Cavana.
(c) Paris and Kemp.
(d) Driver and Deakin.
2. According to the narrator, why does Thurso decide to have a man flogged?
(a) To serve as a lesson to the rest.
(b) He is mentally ill.
(c) He is vindictive.
(d) He is delirious.
3. Where is the play in Book One, Part One, rehearsed?
(a) In an old schoolhouse.
(b) Aboard the ship.
(c) In an abandoned theater.
(d) At the Wolperts' home.
4. What was the cause of Ruth's death?
(b) Car accident.
(c) Broken heart.
5. Who announces that someone new will be directing the play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Liverpool Merchant arrive in Book One, Part Four?
2. How old must Sarah be before she can be engaged?
3. How many workers are killed on the Ship while it is being built?
4. Who seems satisfied by the deaths that take place on the Ship in Book One, Part One?
5. Whose conflict is the cast of the play discussing in Book One, Part Four?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting for the Prologue.
2. What tragedy occurs while the Ship is being built?
3. What significance does the mantra "when we are married" have in Book One, Part Four?
4. How does Erasmus feel about Sarah Wolpert in Book One?
5. Why does Thurso not want his crew members to mistreat any of the men on the Ship right away?
6. What is the relationship between Kemp and Saul Thurso like?
7. Why does Thurso have James Wilson flogged?
8. How does the ocean affect Paris?
9. Describe what happens in Book One, Part One, when Erasmus gets to the Wolperts' home.
10. Why does Erasmus not like Matthew Paris?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)