|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is discovered to be struggling financially in Book One, Part Four?
(a) Mr. Wolpert.
(b) Mr. Calley.
(c) Mr. Kemp.
(d) Mr. Daniels.
2. Which weapon is presented in Book One, Part Two, Chapter 14?
(a) A bow and arrow.
(b) A whip.
(c) A musket.
(d) A pistol.
3. Where does the cast of the play meet due to rainy weather?
(a) The ship.
(b) A pub.
(c) Sarah's bedroom.
(d) The library.
4. Who does Erasmus confront in Book One, Part Four?
5. How old must Sarah be before she can be engaged?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who argues over the value of each slave?
2. Where is the play in Book One, Part One, rehearsed?
3. What is the name of the play's new director?
4. What is a source of conflict for those responsible for building the ship?
5. Who is the narrator of this story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tragedy occurs while the Ship is being built?
2. What significance does the mantra "when we are married" have in Book One, Part Four?
3. What good results from the slaves going aboard the ship, according to the narrator in Book One, Part Four?
4. Is Erasmus allowed to propose to Sarah? What happens afterward?
5. What types of memories does Paris frequently dwell on when he is on the ship?
6. What does Paris' view of evolution have to do with his imprisonment?
7. Describe what happens in Book One, Part One, when Erasmus gets to the Wolperts' home.
8. Why is Kemp so motivated to convince Paris to go aboard the Ship?
9. What does Erasmus see in town after he gets lost?
10. What is the relationship between Kemp and Saul Thurso like?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)