|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does William Kemp regard his wealth?
(a) As something not to be taken for granted.
(b) As a miracle.
(c) As a product of hard work.
(d) As fleeting and temporary.
2. Who asks Paris to be part of the ship's crew?
(a) Mr. Kemp.
(b) Mr. Thurso.
(c) Mr. Wolpert.
(d) Mr. Paris.
3. To whom does Paris speak through his journal?
(a) His wife.
(d) His son.
4. Which three men toast in Book One, Part One?
(a) Kemp, Wolpert, and Thurso.
(b) Paris, Wolpert, and Kemp.
(c) Paris, Kemp, and Thurso.
(d) Thurso, Wolpert, and Paris.
5. Who tells Daniel about his plan to escape from the ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which part in the play does Erasmus take?
2. What do Thurso and Barton plan to do when they reach shore?
3. What is the name of the ship in this story?
4. Where is the play in Book One, Part One, rehearsed?
5. Where does the cast of the play meet due to rainy weather?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Erasmus allowed to propose to Sarah? What happens afterward?
2. Describe what happens in Book One, Part One, when Erasmus gets to the Wolperts' home.
3. Why does Thurso not want his crew members to mistreat any of the men on the Ship right away?
4. Why was Paris imprisoned?
5. What does Erasmus see in town after he gets lost?
6. Why does Erasmus not like Matthew Paris?
7. Describe Paris' last night on shore before boarding the Ship.
8. How do readers discover how Sarah feels about Erasmus?
9. What does Paris' view of evolution have to do with his imprisonment?
10. What does Erasmus compare to cattle in Book One, Part Four?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)