|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what sea is the Ship let loose near the beginning of her voyage?
(a) The Irish Sea.
(b) The Mediterranean Sea.
(c) The Black Sea.
(d) The Yellow Sea.
2. To which of the following destinations will the Ship take her maiden voyage?
(b) North America.
(c) South America.
3. Which weapon is presented in Book One, Part Two, Chapter 14?
(a) A musket.
(b) A whip.
(c) A bow and arrow.
(d) A pistol.
4. Which three men toast in Book One, Part One?
(a) Kemp, Wolpert, and Thurso.
(b) Paris, Wolpert, and Kemp.
(c) Thurso, Wolpert, and Paris.
(d) Paris, Kemp, and Thurso.
5. Who reprimands Parker?
(d) The Vicar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Daniel about his plan to escape from the ship?
2. What are the men aboard the ship preparing for in Book One, Part Four?
3. Why does Erasmus get lost in town after rehearsing for the play?
4. Who is the last man added to the Ship's crew?
5. Whose blood is seen on the deck of the ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the reader gain an inside perspective of the death of Paris' wife?
2. How is Thurso characterized in Book One, Part Two?
3. Which three characters share a toast in Book One and why do they share it?
4. How do readers discover how Sarah feels about Erasmus?
5. How does Erasmus' role in the play reflect aspects of himself in real life?
6. What tragedy occurs while the Ship is being built?
7. Why does Erasmus not like Matthew Paris?
8. What does Erasmus compare to cattle in Book One, Part Four?
9. Why is Kemp so motivated to convince Paris to go aboard the Ship?
10. What does Paris' view of evolution have to do with his imprisonment?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)