|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who argues over the value of each slave?
(a) Thurso and Yellow Henry.
(b) Paris and Kemp.
(c) Thurso and Paris.
(d) Adams and Henry.
2. Which part in the play does Erasmus take?
3. What does Paris eat in Book One, Part 3?
4. Why is Kemp well-respected?
(a) Because of his personality.
(b) Because of his family.
(c) Because of his wealth.
(d) Because of his singing talent.
5. Who is the captain of the ship?
(a) Matthew Paris.
(b) Saul Thurso.
(c) Charles Wolpert.
(d) William Kemp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the last man added to the Ship's crew?
2. Which wildlife is seen in Book One, Part Three?
3. Where does the Liverpool Merchant arrive in Book One, Part Four?
4. According to the narrator, why does Thurso decide to have a man flogged?
5. Why was Paris sent to jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. Name two men who are convinced to join the crew of the Liverpool Merchant at the last minute.
2. What is the relationship between Kemp and Saul Thurso like?
3. What does Paris' view of evolution have to do with his imprisonment?
4. Describe what happens in Book One, Part One, when Erasmus gets to the Wolperts' home.
5. Describe Paris' last night on shore before boarding the Ship.
6. What types of memories does Paris frequently dwell on when he is on the ship?
7. Is Erasmus allowed to propose to Sarah? What happens afterward?
8. Describe the setting for the Prologue.
9. What does Erasmus see in town after he gets lost?
10. How would you describe Erasmus as he is presented in the first half of the book?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)