|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which of the following destinations will the Ship take her maiden voyage?
(a) North America.
(c) South America.
2. Who trails behind Erasmus and Sarah as they go for a walk?
(a) Mr. Kemp.
(b) Miss Edwards.
(d) Her father.
3. Who does Erasmus say that he is going to the Wolpert home to see?
(c) Mr. Wolpert.
4. Why was Paris sent to jail?
(a) He denied the Bible.
(b) He admitted to a crime that he did not commit.
(c) He stole food for his family.
(d) He killed someone in an accident.
5. How old must Sarah be before she can be engaged?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the play rehearsed in this story?
2. Who is in charge of the men who were tricked to be part of the crew?
3. According to the narrator, why does Thurso decide to have a man flogged?
4. What does Paris do while the crew is busy with preparations?
5. Who does the cast not seem to like much?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would you describe Erasmus as he is presented in the first half of the book?
2. What does Erasmus see in town after he gets lost?
3. How is Thurso characterized in Book One, Part Two?
4. Name two men who are convinced to join the crew of the Liverpool Merchant at the last minute.
5. How does Erasmus' role in the play reflect aspects of himself in real life?
6. What happens between Deakin, Calley, and Libby in Book One, Part Three?
7. Why was Paris imprisoned?
8. Why does Thurso have James Wilson flogged?
9. What does Erasmus compare to cattle in Book One, Part Four?
10. Describe Paris' last night on shore before boarding the Ship.
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)