|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the cast not seem to like much?
2. Who hires a private investigator in Book One, Part Three?
(a) Mr. Thurso.
(b) Mr. Kemp.
(c) Mr. Wolpert.
(d) Mr. Barton.
3. Whose blood is seen on the deck of the ship?
(a) A little boy's.
(b) It is unclear.
4. Where does the Liverpool Merchant arrive in Book One, Part Four?
5. What does Paris eat in Book One, Part 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Thurso tell crew members not to beat the other men until after they leave the dock?
2. Who raises his hand to the boatswain?
3. How old is Luther Sawdust?
4. Who seems satisfied by the deaths that take place on the Ship in Book One, Part One?
5. Where is the inn where Paris spends his last night on shore?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Thurso characterized in Book One, Part Two?
2. What do we learn about Paris' wife in Book One, Part One?
3. How does the reader gain an inside perspective of the death of Paris' wife?
4. Why does Erasmus dislike Henry Adams?
5. What happens between Deakin, Calley, and Libby in Book One, Part Three?
6. What does Erasmus compare to cattle in Book One, Part Four?
7. How does the ocean affect Paris?
8. What good results from the slaves going aboard the ship, according to the narrator in Book One, Part Four?
9. What tragedy occurs while the Ship is being built?
10. Why was Paris imprisoned?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)