|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following weapons kills Deakin?
(a) A rock.
(b) A spear.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A musket.
2. What is Temka Tongman doing when he sees the ship?
(a) Taking a walk.
(b) Checking his fish nets.
(c) Building a dinghy.
(d) Cooking breakfast.
3. What is the sacred hunger?
(a) The sanctity of love.
(b) The sanctity of humanity.
(c) The sanctity of a relationship.
(d) The sanctity of money.
4. What does the slave boy whom Paris accompanies purchase on shore?
(b) A dog.
(c) A monkey.
5. Who leaves the Ship when the men pass out?
(b) Calley and Deakin.
(d) The slaves.
6. How many slaves does Thurso think that he has at the end of Book One, Part Six?
7. Where was the Ship seen abandoned in Book Two?
(d) The Carolinas.
8. What does Erasmus think about during his father's funeral?
(a) What he will do with his life.
(b) Sarah Wolpert.
(c) How his father sniffed wood of the Ship.
(d) How he would like to be a crew member on the Ship.
9. Who takes Calley back to the Ship?
(a) Creek people.
(c) Daniel and Paris.
(d) Susu people.
10. What type of challenges are there on the Ship in Book One, Part Seven?
(a) Not enough food.
(b) Crew members not getting along.
(c) Romantic difficulties.
(d) Weather problems.
11. Which of the following is on board the ship to keep slaves from jumping overboard?
(a) Beautiful women.
(b) A barricade.
(c) A mean dog.
(d) An electric fence.
12. Who offers Erasmus a job?
(a) Henry Adams.
(b) His mother.
(c) Mr. Wolpert.
13. What group lives in the city that Erasmus goes in Book Two?
(a) The Creek Indians.
(c) The Southern Belles.
(d) The Creoles.
14. What does Erasmus plan on changing about Sarah once they are married?
(a) Her education.
(b) Her personality.
(c) Her religious views.
(d) Her relationship with her family.
15. Which of the following does Erasmus eat that is in the shape of a black woman?
(c) Ice cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves the story in Book One, Part Five?
2. Who would Erasmus be working for if he accepted the job that he was offered?
3. What is the person who notices Erasmus' ship doing?
4. What is the name of the slave boy whom Paris is allowed to accompany to shore?
5. Who is the first person whom Erasmus tells about his father's death?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)