|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah realize about Erasmus at the end of Book One, Part Seven?
(a) That he is plotting against her.
(b) That she would have been his property.
(c) That he really is not as handsome as she thought.
(d) That he loves someone else.
2. Which of the following is Hambo accused of doing?
(b) Talking too much.
(c) Conducting Witchcraft.
3. What does Mr. Kemp's death certificate list as his cause of death?
(b) Excessive bleeding.
(c) Heart attack.
(d) Natural causes.
4. Who would Erasmus be working for if he accepted the job that he was offered?
(a) The Ship.
(d) The government.
5. What does Erasmus plan on changing about Sarah once they are married?
(a) Her personality.
(b) Her education.
(c) Her religious views.
(d) Her relationship with her family.
6. What type of challenges are there on the Ship in Book One, Part Seven?
(a) Weather problems.
(b) Not enough food.
(c) Crew members not getting along.
(d) Romantic difficulties.
7. Why do so many crew members die in Book One, Part Seven?
8. What frightened Paris's wife?
(a) A fire.
(c) A spider.
(d) A mob.
9. What does Erasmus find aboard the ship?
10. What city does Erasmus travel to in Book Two?
(c) New Orleans.
(d) St. Augustine.
11. What is Delblanc's profession?
(a) Business owner.
12. Who lives together in peace in a settlement?
(a) Indians and Caribbeans.
(b) Animals and humans.
(c) Blacks and Whites.
(d) English and Irish.
13. What does the slave boy whom Paris accompanies purchase on shore?
(a) A monkey.
(d) A dog.
14. Who is the Superintendent of Indian Affairs for the Southern District?
(a) Edward Wofford.
(b) George Watson.
(c) Percy Redwood.
(d) Daniel Cleary.
15. What is Temka Tongman doing when he sees the ship?
(a) Checking his fish nets.
(b) Building a dinghy.
(c) Cooking breakfast.
(d) Taking a walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves the story in Book One, Part Five?
2. Why does Erasmus turn down the job?
3. Who does Paris join in Book Two, Part Nine, at the settlement?
4. Which of the following are being built constantly in Book One, Part Six?
5. Which of the following is on board the ship to keep slaves from jumping overboard?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)