|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person whom Erasmus tells about his father's death?
(a) Mrs. Kemp.
(b) Mrs. Wolpert.
(c) Mrs. Adams.
(d) Mrs. Paris.
2. What industry does Erasmus vow to go into in order to restore his father's name?
3. Which character becomes ill with fever in Book One, Part Seven?
4. Who does the crew trade with to obtain alcohol?
(a) Black men.
(c) A group of women.
(d) The captain.
5. Which of the following does Erasmus think will be the source for him and Liverpool to prosper?
(b) Gold trade.
(c) The slave industry.
(d) The coal industry.
6. What is Temka Tongman doing when he sees the ship?
(a) Taking a walk.
(b) Building a dinghy.
(c) Checking his fish nets.
(d) Cooking breakfast.
7. To whom does Thurso write a letter?
8. Who does Paris join in Book Two, Part Nine, at the settlement?
(b) His son.
9. Who is the Superintendent of Indian Affairs for the Southern District?
(a) Edward Wofford.
(b) Percy Redwood.
(c) George Watson.
(d) Daniel Cleary.
10. What does Mr. Kemp's death certificate list as his cause of death?
(b) Heart attack.
(c) Excessive bleeding.
(d) Natural causes.
11. Why are Blair and Inchebe arguing?
(a) Because their turkey hunt was unsuccessful.
(b) Because they are in love with the same woman.
(c) Because they are tired.
(d) Because they want to play different games.
12. Who is in love with Dinka?
13. What does the portrait that Delblanc has painted look like?
(a) A death mask.
(b) A woman.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A robot.
14. Who leaves the story in Book One, Part Five?
15. Which of the following individuals share Sallian Kivee?
(a) Hughes and Adams.
(b) Paris and Inchebe.
(c) Blair and Inchebe.
(d) Paris and Kemp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the dead boy who was found on the beach buried?
2. What frightened Paris's wife?
3. Who lives together in peace in a settlement?
4. Which of the following does Thurso blame for the ship's problems?
5. Who is a principal slave dealer?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)