|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Delblanc's profession?
(a) Business owner.
2. Which of the following does Erasmus eat that is in the shape of a black woman?
(c) Ice cream.
3. Where is the dead boy who was found on the beach buried?
(a) The ocean.
(b) Next to his mother.
(c) In the common plot.
(d) He is not buried. He is cremated.
4. Who does Paris tell about the bodies that he finds in a shed?
(b) His wife.
(d) No one.
5. Which of the following adjectives describe Timothy Owen?
(a) Intimidating and outspoken.
(b) Mild-mannered and pleasant.
(c) Strong and robust.
(d) Sickly and unhappy.
6. Whose secret meeting does Erasmus attend in Book Two?
(a) Trinity Society.
(b) Creole Brotherhood.
(c) Enchanted Family.
(d) Trionfi Club.
7. Who leaves the Ship when the men pass out?
(a) The slaves.
(d) Calley and Deakin.
8. What group lives in the city that Erasmus goes in Book Two?
(a) The Southern Belles.
(b) The Creoles.
(d) The Creek Indians.
9. What is Temka Tongman doing when he sees the ship?
(a) Cooking breakfast.
(b) Building a dinghy.
(c) Checking his fish nets.
(d) Taking a walk.
10. Who would Erasmus be working for if he accepted the job that he was offered?
(a) The government.
(d) The Ship.
11. What does Mr. Kemp's death certificate list as his cause of death?
(a) Heart attack.
(c) Natural causes.
(d) Excessive bleeding.
12. Who does Erasmus decide must be brought to justice?
(a) His ex-wife.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His cousin.
13. Who does Paris tell about his wife's death?
(c) No one.
(d) A slave boy.
14. Who meets the Company Fort Governor?
(a) Erasmus and his family.
(b) Calley and Ross Deakin.
(c) Paris and Thurso.
(d) Judd Deakin.
15. What does Sarah realize about Erasmus at the end of Book One, Part Seven?
(a) That he really is not as handsome as she thought.
(b) That he is plotting against her.
(c) That he loves someone else.
(d) That she would have been his property.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Erasmus find when he goes to find his father?
2. Who lives together in peace in a settlement?
3. What does the slave boy whom Paris accompanies purchase on shore?
4. Why does Erasmus marry a woman in Book Two?
5. Why are Blair and Inchebe arguing?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)