|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Erasmus plan on changing about Sarah once they are married?
(a) Her personality.
(b) Her relationship with her family.
(c) Her religious views.
(d) Her education.
2. Which of the following does the slave who refuses to eat spit on Paris' face?
3. What does Erasmus think about during his father's funeral?
(a) Sarah Wolpert.
(b) How his father sniffed wood of the Ship.
(c) What he will do with his life.
(d) How he would like to be a crew member on the Ship.
4. What does the slave boy whom Paris accompanies purchase on shore?
(b) A dog.
(c) A monkey.
5. What does the portrait that Delblanc has painted look like?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A woman.
(c) A robot.
(d) A death mask.
6. What frightened Paris's wife?
(b) A fire.
(c) A spider.
(d) A mob.
7. What is Delblanc's profession?
(d) Business owner.
8. Which of the following does Erasmus think will be the source for him and Liverpool to prosper?
(a) Gold trade.
(c) The slave industry.
(d) The coal industry.
9. Where was the Ship seen abandoned in Book Two?
(d) The Carolinas.
10. Who is in love with Dinka?
11. Who is upset when Erasmus turns down the job?
(b) His mother.
12. Who is fitted with leg irons on the Ship?
13. Why is Mrs. Kemp irritated when Erasmus gets home?
(a) Because he does not say hello.
(b) Because Mr. Kemp has not gotten home yet.
(c) Because his dinner has gotten cold.
(d) Becauss he is late.
14. What do Thurso and the Governor discuss?
(a) Their families.
(b) The price of gold.
(c) The prices of slaves.
(d) The weather.
15. Which of the following does Erasmus eat that is in the shape of a black woman?
(a) Ice cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person whom Erasmus tells about his father's death?
2. Who does Kemp meet with in Book Two, Part Eight?
3. In Book Two, with whom does Paris' son live?
4. Why does Erasmus turn down the job?
5. Who lives together in peace in a settlement?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)