|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives describe Timothy Owen?
(a) Strong and robust.
(b) Sickly and unhappy.
(c) Intimidating and outspoken.
(d) Mild-mannered and pleasant.
2. What is the verdict of the palaver?
(a) There is no verdict.
(c) Not guilty.
(d) It is not clear.
3. What is the person who notices Erasmus' ship doing?
(a) Waiting for deer.
(b) Trying to sleep.
(c) Cleaning a rabbit.
(d) Waiting for a friend.
4. What does Erasmus find when he goes to find his father?
(a) That he has hung himself.
(b) That he is having an affair.
(c) That he is working late.
(d) That he is trading illegally.
5. What does Erasmus plan on changing about Sarah once they are married?
(a) Her relationship with her family.
(b) Her education.
(c) Her personality.
(d) Her religious views.
6. In Book One, Part Five, who decides to go ashore?
(a) Kemp and Wolpert.
(b) Sarah and her father.
(c) Thurso and Barton.
(d) Calley and Erasmus.
7. What benefit would Thurso get for lost cargo?
(a) Less people to feed.
(c) Tax write-off.
(d) Insurance payments.
8. Who notices Erasmus' ship in Book Two, Part Nine?
9. Who does the crew trade with to obtain alcohol?
(a) The captain.
(c) A group of women.
(d) Black men.
10. Who is the Superintendent of Indian Affairs for the Southern District?
(a) Daniel Cleary.
(b) Percy Redwood.
(c) George Watson.
(d) Edward Wofford.
11. What do Thurso and the Governor discuss?
(a) The prices of slaves.
(b) The price of gold.
(c) Their families.
(d) The weather.
12. Who does Paris join in Book Two, Part Nine, at the settlement?
(a) His son.
13. What is the sacred hunger?
(a) The sanctity of a relationship.
(b) The sanctity of humanity.
(c) The sanctity of love.
(d) The sanctity of money.
14. Whose body does Paris find in a shed?
(a) Yellow Henry's.
(b) Mr. Kemp's.
(c) Sarah Wolpert's.
(d) Daniel Calley's.
15. What does Erasmus find aboard the ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the slave boy whom Paris is allowed to accompany to shore?
2. Whose portrait has Delblanc painted?
3. Which of the following weapons kills Deakin?
4. Which of the following individuals share Sallian Kivee?
5. Whose secret meeting does Erasmus attend in Book Two?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)