|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Kemp irritated when Erasmus gets home?
(a) Because he does not say hello.
(b) Because Mr. Kemp has not gotten home yet.
(c) Because his dinner has gotten cold.
(d) Becauss he is late.
2. Who does Paris tell about his wife's death?
(a) A slave boy.
(c) No one.
3. Why does Erasmus marry a woman in Book Two?
(a) She reminds him of Sarah.
(b) The woman is pregnant.
(c) He wants to have children.
(d) For her wealth.
4. Who lives together in peace in a settlement?
(a) Indians and Caribbeans.
(b) Blacks and Whites.
(c) Animals and humans.
(d) English and Irish.
5. What does Erasmus plan on changing about Sarah once they are married?
(a) Her personality.
(b) Her relationship with her family.
(c) Her education.
(d) Her religious views.
6. What type of challenges are there on the Ship in Book One, Part Seven?
(a) Crew members not getting along.
(b) Weather problems.
(c) Romantic difficulties.
(d) Not enough food.
7. What is the sacred hunger?
(a) The sanctity of humanity.
(b) The sanctity of love.
(c) The sanctity of money.
(d) The sanctity of a relationship.
8. What frightened Paris's wife?
(a) A mob.
(b) A spider.
(c) A fire.
9. What industry does Erasmus vow to go into in order to restore his father's name?
10. Who is in love with Dinka?
11. Who leaves the story in Book One, Part Five?
12. Who does Paris join in Book Two, Part Nine, at the settlement?
(a) His son.
13. What does Thurso write a letter about in Book One, Part Six?
(a) His plan against Paris.
(b) His family.
(c) The number of slaves aboard the Ship.
(d) The horrible weather.
14. Whose portrait has Delblanc painted?
(a) The Governor's.
(c) The British Queen's.
(d) His own.
15. Where is the person who notices Erasmus' ship?
(a) On a tree.
(b) Atop a hill.
(c) In his tent.
(d) Behind a rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not seem affected by the disease on the Ship?
2. What does Erasmus find aboard the ship?
3. Which of the following are being built constantly in Book One, Part Six?
4. Why do so many crew members die in Book One, Part Seven?
5. Which of the following individuals share Sallian Kivee?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)