|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Erasmus eat that is in the shape of a black woman?
(b) Ice cream.
2. Who leaves the story in Book One, Part Five?
3. Who is in love with Dinka?
4. What is the person who notices Erasmus' ship doing?
(a) Trying to sleep.
(b) Cleaning a rabbit.
(c) Waiting for deer.
(d) Waiting for a friend.
5. What type of challenges are there on the Ship in Book One, Part Seven?
(a) Crew members not getting along.
(b) Not enough food.
(c) Weather problems.
(d) Romantic difficulties.
6. What does the portrait that Delblanc has painted look like?
(a) A death mask.
(b) A robot.
(c) A woman.
(d) An elephant.
7. Who leaves the Ship when the men pass out?
(a) Calley and Deakin.
(c) The slaves.
8. Which of the following does Thurso blame for the ship's problems?
(a) The dog.
(b) The gods.
(c) The monkey.
9. Why do so many crew members die in Book One, Part Seven?
10. What does Erasmus find when he goes to find his father?
(a) That he is working late.
(b) That he is having an affair.
(c) That he has hung himself.
(d) That he is trading illegally.
11. What city does Erasmus travel to in Book Two?
(a) St. Augustine.
(d) New Orleans.
12. What does the slave boy whom Paris accompanies purchase on shore?
(b) A dog.
(c) A monkey.
13. Why are Blair and Inchebe arguing?
(a) Because they want to play different games.
(b) Because their turkey hunt was unsuccessful.
(c) Because they are in love with the same woman.
(d) Because they are tired.
14. Which of the following is Hambo accused of doing?
(b) Talking too much.
(d) Conducting Witchcraft.
15. Which of the following individuals share Sallian Kivee?
(a) Paris and Inchebe.
(b) Blair and Inchebe.
(c) Paris and Kemp.
(d) Hughes and Adams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character becomes ill with fever in Book One, Part Seven?
2. What do Thurso and the Governor discuss?
3. Which of the following is on board the ship to keep slaves from jumping overboard?
4. What industry does Erasmus vow to go into in order to restore his father's name?
5. Where is the dead boy who was found on the beach buried?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)