|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Kemp irritated when Erasmus gets home?
(a) Because he does not say hello.
(b) Becauss he is late.
(c) Because Mr. Kemp has not gotten home yet.
(d) Because his dinner has gotten cold.
2. What type of challenges are there on the Ship in Book One, Part Seven?
(a) Not enough food.
(b) Weather problems.
(c) Crew members not getting along.
(d) Romantic difficulties.
3. What did people want to steal from Paris' home?
(a) A press.
(b) His blueprints.
(c) His child.
4. Which of the following does Erasmus eat that is in the shape of a black woman?
(b) Ice cream.
5. How many slaves does Thurso think that he has at the end of Book One, Part Six?
6. Which character becomes ill with fever in Book One, Part Seven?
7. What does Erasmus find aboard the ship?
8. What is Delblanc's profession?
(b) Business owner.
9. Which of the following is on board the ship to keep slaves from jumping overboard?
(a) A mean dog.
(b) A barricade.
(c) An electric fence.
(d) Beautiful women.
10. Why does Erasmus turn down the job?
(a) Because it would require him to move.
(b) Because he wants to clear his father's debts on his own.
(c) Because he feels embarrassed.
(d) Because he does not want to work.
11. Where was the Ship seen abandoned in Book Two?
(a) The Carolinas.
12. Who meets the Company Fort Governor?
(a) Judd Deakin.
(b) Erasmus and his family.
(c) Calley and Ross Deakin.
(d) Paris and Thurso.
13. What type of effect does Wolpert think that Erasmus has on Sarah?
14. Where is the dead boy who was found on the beach buried?
(a) In the common plot.
(b) Next to his mother.
(c) The ocean.
(d) He is not buried. He is cremated.
15. Who fights on the Ship in Book One, Part Five?
(a) Haines and Wilson.
(b) Calley and Kemp.
(c) Paris and Wilson.
(d) Barton and Thurso.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the verdict of the palaver?
2. Which of the following adjectives describe Timothy Owen?
3. What does Thurso write a letter about in Book One, Part Six?
4. What does Erasmus find when he goes to find his father?
5. In Book Two, with whom does Paris' son live?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)