|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character becomes ill with fever in Book One, Part Seven?
2. Whose secret meeting does Erasmus attend in Book Two?
(a) Creole Brotherhood.
(b) Trionfi Club.
(c) Trinity Society.
(d) Enchanted Family.
3. Who does Paris join in Book Two, Part Nine, at the settlement?
(b) His son.
4. Which of the following individuals share Sallian Kivee?
(a) Paris and Inchebe.
(b) Blair and Inchebe.
(c) Paris and Kemp.
(d) Hughes and Adams.
5. Who was the first man to see the abandoned ship?
6. Whose portrait has Delblanc painted?
(a) The Governor's.
(b) His own.
(d) The British Queen's.
7. In Book One, Part Five, who decides to go ashore?
(a) Thurso and Barton.
(b) Calley and Erasmus.
(c) Kemp and Wolpert.
(d) Sarah and her father.
8. What is Delblanc's profession?
(d) Business owner.
9. Why does Erasmus marry a woman in Book Two?
(a) She reminds him of Sarah.
(b) He wants to have children.
(c) The woman is pregnant.
(d) For her wealth.
10. What is the name of the slave boy whom Paris is allowed to accompany to shore?
11. What city does Erasmus travel to in Book Two?
(b) New Orleans.
(c) St. Augustine.
12. What is the verdict of the palaver?
(a) It is not clear.
(b) Not guilty.
(c) There is no verdict.
13. Who takes Calley back to the Ship?
(b) Creek people.
(c) Daniel and Paris.
(d) Susu people.
14. Which of the following does Erasmus think will be the source for him and Liverpool to prosper?
(a) Gold trade.
(c) The slave industry.
(d) The coal industry.
15. What does Mr. Kemp's death certificate list as his cause of death?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Natural causes.
(c) Excessive bleeding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sarah realize about Erasmus at the end of Book One, Part Seven?
2. Which of the following does Thurso blame for the ship's problems?
3. Who does the crew trade with to obtain alcohol?
4. Who is in love with Dinka?
5. Who is fitted with leg irons on the Ship?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)