|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarah realize about Erasmus at the end of Book One, Part Seven?
(a) That he really is not as handsome as she thought.
(b) That she would have been his property.
(c) That he loves someone else.
(d) That he is plotting against her.
2. Why is Mrs. Kemp irritated when Erasmus gets home?
(a) Because Mr. Kemp has not gotten home yet.
(b) Because he does not say hello.
(c) Because his dinner has gotten cold.
(d) Becauss he is late.
3. What does the portrait that Delblanc has painted look like?
(a) A woman.
(b) A robot.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A death mask.
4. What do Thurso and the Governor discuss?
(a) The price of gold.
(b) Their families.
(c) The weather.
(d) The prices of slaves.
5. Which of the following weapons kills Deakin?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A rock.
(c) A spear.
(d) A musket.
6. What is the person who notices Erasmus' ship doing?
(a) Waiting for deer.
(b) Trying to sleep.
(c) Waiting for a friend.
(d) Cleaning a rabbit.
7. In Book Two, with whom does Paris' son live?
(b) His uncle.
(c) His mother.
(d) His grandmother.
8. Who was the first man to see the abandoned ship?
9. Who is upset when Erasmus turns down the job?
(b) His mother.
10. How many slaves does Thurso think that he has at the end of Book One, Part Six?
11. Why is it hard to hear the fiddle aboard the Ship?
(a) The waves are too strong.
(b) The rats make too much noise at night.
(c) The loud parties that are constantly taking place.
(d) The clanking of slaves' shackles.
12. What does Erasmus plan on changing about Sarah once they are married?
(a) Her personality.
(b) Her religious views.
(c) Her education.
(d) Her relationship with her family.
13. What industry does Erasmus vow to go into in order to restore his father's name?
14. Where was the Ship seen abandoned in Book Two?
(b) The Carolinas.
15. Who is the Superintendent of Indian Affairs for the Southern District?
(a) Edward Wofford.
(b) Percy Redwood.
(c) Daniel Cleary.
(d) George Watson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Paris join in Book Two, Part Nine, at the settlement?
2. Who is a principal slave dealer?
3. Whose portrait has Delblanc painted?
4. What city does Erasmus travel to in Book Two?
5. Who does not seem affected by the disease on the Ship?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)