|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who fights on the Ship in Book One, Part Five?
(a) Haines and Wilson.
(b) Calley and Kemp.
(c) Paris and Wilson.
(d) Barton and Thurso.
2. Who does not seem affected by the disease on the Ship?
3. Who would Erasmus be working for if he accepted the job that he was offered?
(a) The Ship.
(d) The government.
4. Who was the first man to see the abandoned ship?
5. Who is upset when Erasmus turns down the job?
(d) His mother.
6. Who meets the Company Fort Governor?
(a) Calley and Ross Deakin.
(b) Judd Deakin.
(c) Paris and Thurso.
(d) Erasmus and his family.
7. Who receives a letter from Thurso?
8. What is the person who notices Erasmus' ship doing?
(a) Cleaning a rabbit.
(b) Waiting for a friend.
(c) Trying to sleep.
(d) Waiting for deer.
9. Which of the following is Hambo accused of doing?
(b) Talking too much.
(d) Conducting Witchcraft.
10. Who leaves the story in Book One, Part Five?
11. What does Erasmus plan on changing about Sarah once they are married?
(a) Her education.
(b) Her relationship with her family.
(c) Her religious views.
(d) Her personality.
12. Which of the following does Erasmus think will be the source for him and Liverpool to prosper?
(a) The slave industry.
(b) The coal industry.
(c) Gold trade.
13. What benefit would Thurso get for lost cargo?
(b) Less people to feed.
(c) Tax write-off.
(d) Insurance payments.
14. What city does Erasmus travel to in Book Two?
(a) St. Augustine.
(d) New Orleans.
15. What does Sarah realize about Erasmus at the end of Book One, Part Seven?
(a) That he loves someone else.
(b) That he really is not as handsome as she thought.
(c) That she would have been his property.
(d) That he is plotting against her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Calley back to the Ship?
2. Who leaves the Ship when the men pass out?
3. What does Erasmus find when he goes to find his father?
4. Where is the dead boy who was found on the beach buried?
5. Why does Erasmus marry a woman in Book Two?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)