|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the person who notices Erasmus' ship doing?
(a) Waiting for deer.
(b) Waiting for a friend.
(c) Cleaning a rabbit.
(d) Trying to sleep.
2. Who takes Calley back to the Ship?
(b) Daniel and Paris.
(c) Creek people.
(d) Susu people.
3. What does Erasmus find aboard the ship?
4. Which of the following does Thurso blame for the ship's problems?
(a) The gods.
(c) The dog.
(d) The monkey.
5. What does Erasmus find when he goes to find his father?
(a) That he is having an affair.
(b) That he is working late.
(c) That he is trading illegally.
(d) That he has hung himself.
6. Who is the first person whom Erasmus tells about his father's death?
(a) Mrs. Kemp.
(b) Mrs. Wolpert.
(c) Mrs. Adams.
(d) Mrs. Paris.
7. Who is in love with Dinka?
8. Who leaves the story in Book One, Part Five?
9. Which of the following does Erasmus eat that is in the shape of a black woman?
(a) Ice cream.
10. What is Delblanc's profession?
(a) Business owner.
11. Who would Erasmus be working for if he accepted the job that he was offered?
(c) The Ship.
(d) The government.
12. Who does not seem affected by the disease on the Ship?
13. Why is Mrs. Kemp irritated when Erasmus gets home?
(a) Because his dinner has gotten cold.
(b) Because Mr. Kemp has not gotten home yet.
(c) Because he does not say hello.
(d) Becauss he is late.
14. Who does Paris join in Book Two, Part Nine, at the settlement?
(a) His son.
15. What does Erasmus think about during his father's funeral?
(a) How he would like to be a crew member on the Ship.
(b) Sarah Wolpert.
(c) What he will do with his life.
(d) How his father sniffed wood of the Ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book One, Part Five, who decides to go ashore?
2. Who receives a letter from Thurso?
3. Why does Erasmus turn down the job?
4. Who does Kemp meet with in Book Two, Part Eight?
5. Why do so many crew members die in Book One, Part Seven?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)