|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do so many crew members die in Book One, Part Seven?
2. Who does Kemp meet with in Book Two, Part Eight?
(a) Sir William Templeton.
(b) His Royal Highness.
(c) Governor of the Fort.
(d) Sarah's new husband.
3. Which of the following are being built constantly in Book One, Part Six?
4. Who is fitted with leg irons on the Ship?
5. What type of effect does Wolpert think that Erasmus has on Sarah?
6. How many slaves does Thurso think that he has at the end of Book One, Part Six?
7. Who receives a letter from Thurso?
8. Where is the dead boy who was found on the beach buried?
(a) He is not buried. He is cremated.
(b) The ocean.
(c) In the common plot.
(d) Next to his mother.
9. Which of the following does Thurso blame for the ship's problems?
(a) The gods.
(c) The monkey.
(d) The dog.
10. Who is the first person whom Erasmus tells about his father's death?
(a) Mrs. Adams.
(b) Mrs. Kemp.
(c) Mrs. Wolpert.
(d) Mrs. Paris.
11. What is the sacred hunger?
(a) The sanctity of money.
(b) The sanctity of a relationship.
(c) The sanctity of love.
(d) The sanctity of humanity.
12. Who fights on the Ship in Book One, Part Five?
(a) Paris and Wilson.
(b) Haines and Wilson.
(c) Calley and Kemp.
(d) Barton and Thurso.
13. Who boards the Ship as a passenger in Book One, Part Six?
(b) Calley's mother.
14. How does Erasmus' father die?
(a) He is run over by a horse.
(b) He drowns.
(c) He is killed in a duel.
(d) He hangs himself.
15. Who is upset when Erasmus turns down the job?
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Kemp's death certificate list as his cause of death?
2. Which of the following does Erasmus eat that is in the shape of a black woman?
3. What type of challenges are there on the Ship in Book One, Part Seven?
4. Why is Mrs. Kemp irritated when Erasmus gets home?
5. Which of the following weapons kills Deakin?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)