|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What benefit would Thurso get for lost cargo?
(b) Less people to feed.
(c) Tax write-off.
(d) Insurance payments.
2. Who does the crew trade with to obtain alcohol?
(a) A group of women.
(b) Black men.
(d) The captain.
3. Which of the following does Thurso blame for the ship's problems?
(a) The monkey.
(b) The gods.
(c) The dog.
4. What does Erasmus plan on changing about Sarah once they are married?
(a) Her education.
(b) Her relationship with her family.
(c) Her religious views.
(d) Her personality.
5. Whose secret meeting does Erasmus attend in Book Two?
(a) Enchanted Family.
(b) Trinity Society.
(c) Creole Brotherhood.
(d) Trionfi Club.
6. Which of the following are being built constantly in Book One, Part Six?
7. What does Mr. Kemp's death certificate list as his cause of death?
(a) Excessive bleeding.
(b) Natural causes.
(d) Heart attack.
8. Who is the Superintendent of Indian Affairs for the Southern District?
(a) George Watson.
(b) Percy Redwood.
(c) Edward Wofford.
(d) Daniel Cleary.
9. Who leaves the story in Book One, Part Five?
10. Who does Erasmus decide must be brought to justice?
(a) His mother.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His ex-wife.
(d) His father.
11. What is Temka Tongman doing when he sees the ship?
(a) Taking a walk.
(b) Cooking breakfast.
(c) Building a dinghy.
(d) Checking his fish nets.
12. Whose body does Paris find in a shed?
(a) Daniel Calley's.
(b) Yellow Henry's.
(c) Sarah Wolpert's.
(d) Mr. Kemp's.
13. Which of the following does the slave who refuses to eat spit on Paris' face?
14. Who receives a letter from Thurso?
15. How does Erasmus' father die?
(a) He is killed in a duel.
(b) He hangs himself.
(c) He is run over by a horse.
(d) He drowns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fights on the Ship in Book One, Part Five?
2. What does Erasmus find when he goes to find his father?
3. What frightened Paris's wife?
4. Which of the following does Erasmus eat that is in the shape of a black woman?
5. Which of the following is Hambo accused of doing?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)