|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who notices Erasmus' ship in Book Two, Part Nine?
2. Why are Blair and Inchebe arguing?
(a) Because they are in love with the same woman.
(b) Because they want to play different games.
(c) Because they are tired.
(d) Because their turkey hunt was unsuccessful.
3. Where is the person who notices Erasmus' ship?
(a) Atop a hill.
(b) In his tent.
(c) On a tree.
(d) Behind a rock.
4. Where was the Ship seen abandoned in Book Two?
(c) The Carolinas.
5. What is the person who notices Erasmus' ship doing?
(a) Trying to sleep.
(b) Waiting for deer.
(c) Cleaning a rabbit.
(d) Waiting for a friend.
6. What type of challenges are there on the Ship in Book One, Part Seven?
(a) Weather problems.
(b) Romantic difficulties.
(c) Not enough food.
(d) Crew members not getting along.
7. Why does Erasmus turn down the job?
(a) Because he wants to clear his father's debts on his own.
(b) Because it would require him to move.
(c) Because he does not want to work.
(d) Because he feels embarrassed.
8. Which of the following does Erasmus think will be the source for him and Liverpool to prosper?
(a) Gold trade.
(b) The coal industry.
(d) The slave industry.
9. What does Erasmus find aboard the ship?
10. Who is a principal slave dealer?
11. What does Erasmus think about during his father's funeral?
(a) Sarah Wolpert.
(b) How his father sniffed wood of the Ship.
(c) How he would like to be a crew member on the Ship.
(d) What he will do with his life.
12. What is the sacred hunger?
(a) The sanctity of money.
(b) The sanctity of humanity.
(c) The sanctity of love.
(d) The sanctity of a relationship.
13. Who is upset when Erasmus turns down the job?
(a) His mother.
14. Which character becomes ill with fever in Book One, Part Seven?
15. What frightened Paris's wife?
(a) A spider.
(c) A mob.
(d) A fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Thurso throw overboard?
2. How does Erasmus' father die?
3. Who is the Superintendent of Indian Affairs for the Southern District?
4. Who does Paris join in Book Two, Part Nine, at the settlement?
5. Which of the following adjectives describe Timothy Owen?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)