|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Paris join in Book Two, Part Nine, at the settlement?
(a) His son.
2. What does the portrait that Delblanc has painted look like?
(a) A robot.
(b) A death mask.
(c) A woman.
(d) An elephant.
3. Who does the crew trade with to obtain alcohol?
(a) A group of women.
(b) The captain.
(d) Black men.
4. In Book Two, with whom does Paris' son live?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His uncle.
(d) His mother.
5. Which of the following is on board the ship to keep slaves from jumping overboard?
(a) An electric fence.
(b) A barricade.
(c) A mean dog.
(d) Beautiful women.
6. Who would Erasmus be working for if he accepted the job that he was offered?
(a) The government.
(b) The Ship.
7. Who does Thurso throw overboard?
8. Which of the following does the slave who refuses to eat spit on Paris' face?
9. Who offers Erasmus a job?
(a) Henry Adams.
(b) Mr. Wolpert.
(c) His mother.
10. Who is the Superintendent of Indian Affairs for the Southern District?
(a) Edward Wofford.
(b) Daniel Cleary.
(c) Percy Redwood.
(d) George Watson.
11. Who leaves the Ship when the men pass out?
(a) Calley and Deakin.
(d) The slaves.
12. What does Erasmus find when he goes to find his father?
(a) That he is trading illegally.
(b) That he is working late.
(c) That he has hung himself.
(d) That he is having an affair.
13. What does Erasmus find aboard the ship?
14. What do Thurso and the Governor discuss?
(a) The prices of slaves.
(b) The weather.
(c) The price of gold.
(d) Their families.
15. Which of the following are being built constantly in Book One, Part Six?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Kemp irritated when Erasmus gets home?
2. Who is in love with Dinka?
3. Why does Erasmus turn down the job?
4. Who meets the Company Fort Governor?
5. Why is it hard to hear the fiddle aboard the Ship?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)