|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is fitted with leg irons on the Ship?
2. What does Erasmus find when he goes to find his father?
(a) That he is working late.
(b) That he has hung himself.
(c) That he is having an affair.
(d) That he is trading illegally.
3. Where was the Ship seen abandoned in Book Two?
(a) The Carolinas.
4. Who does not seem affected by the disease on the Ship?
5. Which of the following individuals share Sallian Kivee?
(a) Paris and Kemp.
(b) Hughes and Adams.
(c) Paris and Inchebe.
(d) Blair and Inchebe.
6. Who leaves the Ship when the men pass out?
(b) The slaves.
(c) Calley and Deakin.
7. Which of the following adjectives describe Timothy Owen?
(a) Mild-mannered and pleasant.
(b) Sickly and unhappy.
(c) Strong and robust.
(d) Intimidating and outspoken.
8. Which character becomes ill with fever in Book One, Part Seven?
9. How many slaves does Thurso think that he has at the end of Book One, Part Six?
10. What is the verdict of the palaver?
(a) There is no verdict.
(c) It is not clear.
(d) Not guilty.
11. What type of effect does Wolpert think that Erasmus has on Sarah?
12. How does Erasmus' father die?
(a) He hangs himself.
(b) He is killed in a duel.
(c) He drowns.
(d) He is run over by a horse.
13. Why does Erasmus marry a woman in Book Two?
(a) For her wealth.
(b) He wants to have children.
(c) She reminds him of Sarah.
(d) The woman is pregnant.
14. Who is in love with Dinka?
15. What does the slave boy whom Paris accompanies purchase on shore?
(b) A dog.
(c) A monkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fights on the Ship in Book One, Part Five?
2. What does Erasmus plan on changing about Sarah once they are married?
3. What does Thurso write a letter about in Book One, Part Six?
4. Who is upset when Erasmus turns down the job?
5. What industry does Erasmus vow to go into in order to restore his father's name?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)