|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the Ship seen abandoned in Book Two?
(c) The Carolinas.
2. Which of the following is Hambo accused of doing?
(a) Conducting Witchcraft.
(c) Talking too much.
3. What is the verdict of the palaver?
(a) It is not clear.
(c) There is no verdict.
(d) Not guilty.
4. In Book One, Part Five, who decides to go ashore?
(a) Sarah and her father.
(b) Calley and Erasmus.
(c) Kemp and Wolpert.
(d) Thurso and Barton.
5. What type of effect does Wolpert think that Erasmus has on Sarah?
6. Who boards the Ship as a passenger in Book One, Part Six?
(c) Calley's mother.
7. What group lives in the city that Erasmus goes in Book Two?
(b) The Creek Indians.
(c) The Creoles.
(d) The Southern Belles.
8. Who is the Superintendent of Indian Affairs for the Southern District?
(a) Edward Wofford.
(b) George Watson.
(c) Percy Redwood.
(d) Daniel Cleary.
9. Who would Erasmus be working for if he accepted the job that he was offered?
(a) The government.
(c) The Ship.
10. What does Erasmus find when he goes to find his father?
(a) That he is working late.
(b) That he has hung himself.
(c) That he is trading illegally.
(d) That he is having an affair.
11. In Book Two, with whom does Paris' son live?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandmother.
12. Whose body does Paris find in a shed?
(a) Mr. Kemp's.
(b) Daniel Calley's.
(c) Sarah Wolpert's.
(d) Yellow Henry's.
13. Where is the person who notices Erasmus' ship?
(a) On a tree.
(b) Atop a hill.
(c) Behind a rock.
(d) In his tent.
14. How does Erasmus' father die?
(a) He drowns.
(b) He is run over by a horse.
(c) He hangs himself.
(d) He is killed in a duel.
15. What does the slave boy whom Paris accompanies purchase on shore?
(a) A monkey.
(c) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose secret meeting does Erasmus attend in Book Two?
2. What does Mr. Kemp's death certificate list as his cause of death?
3. Who does Thurso throw overboard?
4. Whose portrait has Delblanc painted?
5. What is Delblanc's profession?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)