|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who notices Erasmus' ship in Book Two, Part Nine?
2. What does Erasmus find aboard the ship?
3. What does the slave boy whom Paris accompanies purchase on shore?
(b) A monkey.
(c) A dog.
4. Who does Paris tell about his wife's death?
(b) A slave boy.
(d) No one.
5. Who lives together in peace in a settlement?
(a) Indians and Caribbeans.
(b) Blacks and Whites.
(c) English and Irish.
(d) Animals and humans.
6. Who leaves the story in Book One, Part Five?
7. What type of effect does Wolpert think that Erasmus has on Sarah?
8. Which of the following does the slave who refuses to eat spit on Paris' face?
9. Who would Erasmus be working for if he accepted the job that he was offered?
(b) The government.
(c) The Ship.
10. What does Thurso write a letter about in Book One, Part Six?
(a) His plan against Paris.
(b) The number of slaves aboard the Ship.
(c) The horrible weather.
(d) His family.
11. Why do so many crew members die in Book One, Part Seven?
12. Why are Blair and Inchebe arguing?
(a) Because their turkey hunt was unsuccessful.
(b) Because they want to play different games.
(c) Because they are tired.
(d) Because they are in love with the same woman.
13. Who was the first man to see the abandoned ship?
14. Who takes Calley back to the Ship?
(a) Creek people.
(b) Susu people.
(c) Daniel and Paris.
15. To whom does Thurso write a letter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose portrait has Delblanc painted?
2. Who does Erasmus decide must be brought to justice?
3. Who does Paris join in Book Two, Part Nine, at the settlement?
4. Who does not seem affected by the disease on the Ship?
5. Who is the first person whom Erasmus tells about his father's death?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)