|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Kemp irritated when Erasmus gets home?
(a) Becauss he is late.
(b) Because Mr. Kemp has not gotten home yet.
(c) Because he does not say hello.
(d) Because his dinner has gotten cold.
2. What type of effect does Wolpert think that Erasmus has on Sarah?
3. In Book One, Part Five, who decides to go ashore?
(a) Calley and Erasmus.
(b) Kemp and Wolpert.
(c) Thurso and Barton.
(d) Sarah and her father.
4. What does Thurso write a letter about in Book One, Part Six?
(a) The number of slaves aboard the Ship.
(b) The horrible weather.
(c) His plan against Paris.
(d) His family.
5. What does Erasmus plan on changing about Sarah once they are married?
(a) Her religious views.
(b) Her education.
(c) Her personality.
(d) Her relationship with her family.
6. Who leaves the story in Book One, Part Five?
7. What does Mr. Kemp's death certificate list as his cause of death?
(b) Natural causes.
(c) Excessive bleeding.
(d) Heart attack.
8. Who leaves the Ship when the men pass out?
(a) Calley and Deakin.
(b) The slaves.
9. What is Temka Tongman doing when he sees the ship?
(a) Taking a walk.
(b) Building a dinghy.
(c) Checking his fish nets.
(d) Cooking breakfast.
10. Who does Erasmus decide must be brought to justice?
(a) His ex-wife.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
11. Where is the person who notices Erasmus' ship?
(a) Behind a rock.
(b) In his tent.
(c) Atop a hill.
(d) On a tree.
12. Why does Erasmus marry a woman in Book Two?
(a) He wants to have children.
(b) She reminds him of Sarah.
(c) For her wealth.
(d) The woman is pregnant.
13. Why do so many crew members die in Book One, Part Seven?
14. Who does Paris tell about his wife's death?
(b) A slave boy.
(d) No one.
15. Who is upset when Erasmus turns down the job?
(b) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers Erasmus a job?
2. What benefit would Thurso get for lost cargo?
3. Who receives a letter from Thurso?
4. What does Erasmus think about during his father's funeral?
5. Which of the following weapons kills Deakin?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)