|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Kemp well-respected?
(a) Because of his personality.
(b) Because of his singing talent.
(c) Because of his family.
(d) Because of his wealth.
2. Who gives Erasmus permission to propose to Sarah?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His priest.
(c) Her father.
(d) His father.
3. Who signed both Paris' medical license and prison sentence?
(a) Erasmus' father.
(b) Mr. Wolpert.
(c) The Biship of Norwich.
(d) Saul Thurso.
4. Why does Thurso tell his men not to mistreat the slaves?
(a) Because he has become a changed man.
(b) Because he feels sorry for them.
(c) Because he wants the most money possible for them.
(d) Because his wife has asked him to do so.
5. Who reprimands Parker?
(b) The Vicar.
6. Who argues over the value of each slave?
(a) Adams and Henry.
(b) Thurso and Yellow Henry.
(c) Thurso and Paris.
(d) Paris and Kemp.
7. What does Paris do while the crew is busy with preparations?
(a) Writes in his journal.
(c) Talks to Thurso.
(d) Lifts weights.
8. Which of the following theories does Paris reveal that he believes in through a letter?
(a) The Big Bang.
9. What was Sawdust's father's profession?
10. Who does Erasmus confront in Book One, Part Four?
11. Where does the cast of the play meet due to rainy weather?
(a) Sarah's bedroom.
(b) The library.
(c) A pub.
(d) The ship.
12. Whom of the following is not a member of the Ship's crew?
13. What takes Paris' mind off of the situation involving slaves?
(a) A book about travels.
(b) The Bible.
(c) A book of poetry.
(d) A letter from his wife.
14. Who admits his love for Sarah?
(b) The Vicar.
15. Who asks Paris to be part of the ship's crew?
(a) Mr. Wolpert.
(b) Mr. Kemp.
(c) Mr. Thurso.
(d) Mr. Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paris ask to use in Book One, Part Three, Chapter 16?
2. What two things are built in Book One, Part One, Chapter Eight?
3. What instrument does Sullivan play?
4. Why does Calley end up on the Ship?
5. Which wildlife is seen in Book One, Part Three?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)