|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the play in Book One, Part One, rehearsed?
(a) At the Wolperts' home.
(b) In an old schoolhouse.
(c) In an abandoned theater.
(d) Aboard the ship.
2. Who almost attacks Libby in Book One, Part Three?
3. To whom does Paris write a letter?
(a) His dead wife.
(c) William Kemp.
(d) The Bishop of Norwich.
4. Whose blood is seen on the deck of the ship?
(a) A little boy's.
(d) It is unclear.
5. Who is the antagonist in this story?
6. Whose conflict is the cast of the play discussing in Book One, Part Four?
(a) Kemp's and Paris'.
(b) Adams' and Erasmus'.
(c) Bailey's and Aubrey's.
(d) Sarah's and Erasmus'.
7. Who is the narrator of this story?
(a) Luther Sawdust.
(b) Matthew Paris.
(c) Sarah Wolpert.
(d) Erasmus Kemp.
8. Who thanks the gods in Book One, Part Four?
9. Who does Thurso decide to have flogged?
(a) Matthew Paris.
(b) James Wilson.
(c) His son.
10. Who seems satisfied by the deaths that take place on the Ship in Book One, Part One?
11. Who asks Paris to be part of the ship's crew?
(a) Mr. Kemp.
(b) Mr. Paris.
(c) Mr. Thurso.
(d) Mr. Wolpert.
12. What are the men aboard the ship preparing for in Book One, Part Four?
(a) The weather.
(b) A card game.
(c) Their departure.
(d) The arrival of the Africans.
13. Which character does Sarah Wolpert play?
(b) Lady Macbeth.
14. What instrument does Sullivan play?
(a) The fiddle.
(b) The accordian.
(c) The guitar.
(d) The piano.
15. Why does Calley end up on the Ship?
(a) He wants to go to Africa.
(b) He is training to be a captain.
(c) He is tricked.
(d) His brother is a crew member.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Erasmus when Paris removed him from the dam?
2. Which wildlife is seen in Book One, Part Three?
3. Who is Erasmus' cousin?
4. Who reveals her interest in Erasmus?
5. Who reprimands Parker?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)