|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Erasmus' cousin?
(a) Luther Sawdust.
(b) Matthew Paris.
(c) Saul Thurso.
(d) Sarah Wolpert.
2. Who admits his love for Sarah?
(b) The Vicar.
3. Where is the play in Book One, Part One, rehearsed?
(a) At the Wolperts' home.
(b) Aboard the ship.
(c) In an old schoolhouse.
(d) In an abandoned theater.
4. Who does Erasmus say that he is going to the Wolpert home to see?
(c) Mr. Wolpert.
5. Who is the last man added to the Ship's crew?
6. How old must Sarah be before she can be engaged?
7. To which of the following destinations will the Ship take her maiden voyage?
(a) South America.
(c) North America.
8. Who is the protagonist in this story?
(a) Erasmus' father.
(b) Luther Sawdust.
(c) Erasmus Kemp.
(d) Matthew Paris.
9. What is in progress when Erasmus arrives at the Wolpert residence?
(a) A birthday party.
(b) A Christmas party.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A play rehearsal.
10. What does Erasmus spot in the shadows when he gets lost in the city?
(a) A dying man.
(b) A hungry family.
(d) Stolen goods.
11. Why does Thurso tell his men not to mistreat the slaves?
(a) Because he wants the most money possible for them.
(b) Because he feels sorry for them.
(c) Because he has become a changed man.
(d) Because his wife has asked him to do so.
12. Which three men toast in Book One, Part One?
(a) Paris, Kemp, and Thurso.
(b) Kemp, Wolpert, and Thurso.
(c) Paris, Wolpert, and Kemp.
(d) Thurso, Wolpert, and Paris.
13. Who meets at the bottom of an old barge?
(a) Sarah and Erasmus.
(b) Paris and his wife.
(c) Members of the play's cast.
(d) Members of the crew.
14. Which part in the play does Erasmus take?
15. Whom of the following is not a member of the Ship's crew?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is discovered to be struggling financially in Book One, Part Four?
2. Where does Paris ask to be served his meal?
3. Where is the final destination of the ship?
4. Which weapon is presented in Book One, Part Two, Chapter 14?
5. What is the name of the character who is mentally handicapped?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)