|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds a surgeon on board the ship unnecessary?
2. Which three men toast in Book One, Part One?
(a) Kemp, Wolpert, and Thurso.
(b) Thurso, Wolpert, and Paris.
(c) Paris, Wolpert, and Kemp.
(d) Paris, Kemp, and Thurso.
3. With whom is Erasmus obsessed?
(d) His father.
4. What does Paris eat in Book One, Part 3?
5. Who takes possible slaves aboard the ship?
(d) King Henry Cook.
6. Why does Erasmus get lost in town after rehearsing for the play?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is sleepy.
(c) He avoids a fight.
(d) He is lovesick.
7. Who is asked to quit the play?
8. Who arrives in Liverpool after having spent eight months at sea?
(a) William Blair.
(b) Luther Sawdust.
(c) Saul Thurso.
(d) William Kemp.
9. Who announces that someone new will be directing the play?
10. Who reveals her interest in Erasmus?
(a) Mrs. Wolpert.
(b) Ms. Kemp.
(c) Mrs. Adams.
11. Who gives Erasmus permission to propose to Sarah?
(a) His priest.
(b) His father.
(c) His uncle.
(d) Her father.
12. Why does Blair go to a bar?
(a) To meet with crew members.
(b) To find his wife.
(c) To eat and drink.
(d) To dance.
13. Who is the antagonist in this story?
14. Whom of the following is not a member of the Ship's crew?
15. Whose conflict is the cast of the play discussing in Book One, Part Four?
(a) Sarah's and Erasmus'.
(b) Adams' and Erasmus'.
(c) Bailey's and Aubrey's.
(d) Kemp's and Paris'.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old must Sarah be before she can be engaged?
2. Where does the cast of the play meet due to rainy weather?
3. Whose blood is seen on the deck of the ship?
4. Who meets at the bottom of an old barge?
5. Who does Erasmus say that he is going to the Wolpert home to see?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)