|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Paris write a letter?
(a) William Kemp.
(b) The Bishop of Norwich.
(c) His dead wife.
2. Why is Kemp well-respected?
(a) Because of his wealth.
(b) Because of his singing talent.
(c) Because of his personality.
(d) Because of his family.
3. Who is the protagonist in this story?
(a) Matthew Paris.
(b) Luther Sawdust.
(c) Erasmus' father.
(d) Erasmus Kemp.
4. Who announces that someone new will be directing the play?
5. Who asks Paris to be part of the ship's crew?
(a) Mr. Thurso.
(b) Mr. Paris.
(c) Mr. Wolpert.
(d) Mr. Kemp.
6. How does William Kemp regard his wealth?
(a) As something not to be taken for granted.
(b) As a product of hard work.
(c) As a miracle.
(d) As fleeting and temporary.
7. Which part in the play does Erasmus take?
8. Who is the antagonist in this story?
9. Which of the following books reminds Paris of his past?
(a) Treasure Island.
(b) Sea of Words Dictionary.
(c) Adventures of Aubrey the Sailor.
(d) Treatise on the Movement of Heart & Blood.
10. Which wildlife is seen in Book One, Part Three?
(a) Humpback whales.
11. Where does Paris ask to be served his meal?
(a) The captain's quarters.
(b) His cabin.
(c) The deck.
(d) The galley.
12. Which weapon is presented in Book One, Part Two, Chapter 14?
(a) A musket.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A whip.
(d) A bow and arrow.
13. Why does Calley end up on the Ship?
(a) He is tricked.
(b) His brother is a crew member.
(c) He is training to be a captain.
(d) He wants to go to Africa.
14. What takes Paris' mind off of the situation involving slaves?
(a) A letter from his wife.
(b) The Bible.
(c) A book of poetry.
(d) A book about travels.
15. Who reveals her interest in Erasmus?
(a) Ms. Kemp.
(c) Mrs. Wolpert.
(d) Mrs. Adams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the character who is mentally handicapped?
2. What is the name of the play rehearsed in this story?
3. Who does the cast not seem to like much?
4. Where is the play in Book One, Part One, rehearsed?
5. Which character does Sarah Wolpert play?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)