|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Paris write a letter?
(a) William Kemp.
(c) The Bishop of Norwich.
(d) His dead wife.
2. Who is in charge of the men who were tricked to be part of the crew?
(a) Thurso and Calley.
(b) Driver and Deakin.
(c) Hughes and Cavana.
(d) Paris and Kemp.
3. Where is the play in Book One, Part One, rehearsed?
(a) At the Wolperts' home.
(b) Aboard the ship.
(c) In an old schoolhouse.
(d) In an abandoned theater.
4. Why is Kemp well-respected?
(a) Because of his wealth.
(b) Because of his singing talent.
(c) Because of his personality.
(d) Because of his family.
5. Who almost attacks Libby in Book One, Part Three?
6. Whom of the following is not a member of the Ship's crew?
7. What does Paris ask to use in Book One, Part Three, Chapter 16?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A fishing pole.
(c) The sickbay.
(d) The oven.
8. What instrument does Sullivan play?
(a) The guitar.
(b) The accordian.
(c) The fiddle.
(d) The piano.
9. Who takes possible slaves aboard the ship?
(c) King Henry Cook.
10. Why does Thurso tell his men not to mistreat the slaves?
(a) Because he wants the most money possible for them.
(b) Because he has become a changed man.
(c) Because his wife has asked him to do so.
(d) Because he feels sorry for them.
11. What was Sawdust's father's profession?
12. According to the narrator, why does Thurso decide to have a man flogged?
(a) He is mentally ill.
(b) He is vindictive.
(c) He is delirious.
(d) To serve as a lesson to the rest.
13. What was the name of Paris' wife?
14. Who is Erasmus' cousin?
(a) Sarah Wolpert.
(b) Saul Thurso.
(c) Matthew Paris.
(d) Luther Sawdust.
15. Which three men toast in Book One, Part One?
(a) Paris, Wolpert, and Kemp.
(b) Thurso, Wolpert, and Paris.
(c) Paris, Kemp, and Thurso.
(d) Kemp, Wolpert, and Thurso.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is present at every stage of the building of the ship?
2. What takes Paris' mind off of the situation involving slaves?
3. Where does the cast of the play meet due to rainy weather?
4. Who is the captain of the ship?
5. In Book One, Part One, how many children does Paris have?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)