|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Thurso decide to have flogged?
(a) Matthew Paris.
(b) James Wilson.
(c) His son.
2. Who reveals her interest in Erasmus?
(a) Mrs. Adams.
(b) Mrs. Wolpert.
(d) Ms. Kemp.
3. To whom does Paris speak through his journal?
(b) His wife.
(c) His son.
4. What is the name of the play's new director?
(a) John Gibbons.
(b) Henry Adams.
(c) Lawrence Carter.
(d) David Williamson.
5. Who has severe seasickness?
(a) Daniel Calley.
(b) Saul Thurso.
(d) Luther Sawdust.
6. What does Paris ask to use in Book One, Part Three, Chapter 16?
(a) A fishing pole.
(b) A Bible.
(c) The sickbay.
(d) The oven.
7. Who announces that someone new will be directing the play?
8. What is Paris's role on the ship?
9. Who hires a private investigator in Book One, Part Three?
(a) Mr. Barton.
(b) Mr. Kemp.
(c) Mr. Wolpert.
(d) Mr. Thurso.
10. Who is the captain of the ship?
(a) William Kemp.
(b) Charles Wolpert.
(c) Saul Thurso.
(d) Matthew Paris.
11. Whom of the following is not a member of the Ship's crew?
12. What is the name of the ship in this story?
(b) Liverpool Merchant.
(c) Her Majesty.
13. In what sea is the Ship let loose near the beginning of her voyage?
(a) The Mediterranean Sea.
(b) The Black Sea.
(c) The Irish Sea.
(d) The Yellow Sea.
14. What was the cause of Ruth's death?
(a) Car accident.
(c) Broken heart.
15. What do Thurso and Barton plan to do when they reach shore?
(a) Buy alcohol.
(b) Throw the others overboard.
(c) Abandon ship.
(d) Trade in gold dust.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is present at every stage of the building of the ship?
2. Why does Thurso tell his men not to mistreat the slaves?
3. Who thanks the gods in Book One, Part Four?
4. Where does the Liverpool Merchant arrive in Book One, Part Four?
5. Who does Erasmus say that he is going to the Wolpert home to see?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)