|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reprimands Parker?
(d) The Vicar.
2. What is a source of conflict for those responsible for building the ship?
(a) The duties among various crew members.
(b) Payments to crew members.
(c) Sleeping quarters.
(d) The figurehead.
3. What do Thurso and Barton plan to do when they reach shore?
(a) Throw the others overboard.
(b) Buy alcohol.
(c) Abandon ship.
(d) Trade in gold dust.
4. Who asks Paris to be part of the ship's crew?
(a) Mr. Kemp.
(b) Mr. Thurso.
(c) Mr. Wolpert.
(d) Mr. Paris.
5. Who is asked to quit the play?
6. Who finds a surgeon on board the ship unnecessary?
7. Why does Thurso tell his men not to mistreat the slaves?
(a) Because he wants the most money possible for them.
(b) Because he feels sorry for them.
(c) Because he has become a changed man.
(d) Because his wife has asked him to do so.
8. Who is present at every stage of the building of the ship?
(a) William Kemp.
(b) Erasmus Kemp.
(c) Matthew Paris.
(d) Saul Thurso.
9. Who takes possible slaves aboard the ship?
(b) King Henry Cook.
10. Who is discovered to be struggling financially in Book One, Part Four?
(a) Mr. Kemp.
(b) Mr. Daniels.
(c) Mr. Calley.
(d) Mr. Wolpert.
11. To whom does Paris speak through his journal?
(b) His wife.
(d) His son.
12. How old is Luther Sawdust?
(a) He is middle-aged.
(b) He is a teenager.
(c) He is elderly.
(d) He is in his twenties.
13. Who does Thurso decide to have flogged?
(b) His son.
(c) James Wilson.
(d) Matthew Paris.
14. How old must Sarah be before she can be engaged?
15. What are the men aboard the ship preparing for in Book One, Part Four?
(a) The weather.
(b) A card game.
(c) Their departure.
(d) The arrival of the Africans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who admits his love for Sarah?
2. Where is the play in Book One, Part One, rehearsed?
3. Which three men toast in Book One, Part One?
4. Who announces that someone new will be directing the play?
5. Which part in the play does Erasmus take?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)