|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds a surgeon on board the ship unnecessary?
2. Who is in charge of the men who were tricked to be part of the crew?
(a) Hughes and Cavana.
(b) Driver and Deakin.
(c) Thurso and Calley.
(d) Paris and Kemp.
3. What does Erasmus spot in the shadows when he gets lost in the city?
(b) Stolen goods.
(c) A hungry family.
(d) A dying man.
4. What does Paris ask to use in Book One, Part Three, Chapter 16?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A fishing pole.
(c) The oven.
(d) The sickbay.
5. Where is the play in Book One, Part One, rehearsed?
(a) Aboard the ship.
(b) In an old schoolhouse.
(c) At the Wolperts' home.
(d) In an abandoned theater.
6. What takes Paris' mind off of the situation involving slaves?
(a) A letter from his wife.
(b) A book of poetry.
(c) A book about travels.
(d) The Bible.
7. Who is present at every stage of the building of the ship?
(a) Erasmus Kemp.
(b) Matthew Paris.
(c) William Kemp.
(d) Saul Thurso.
8. Why does Thurso tell crew members not to beat the other men until after they leave the dock?
(a) He does not want them to tell shore policemen about it..
(b) He has too much else to do.
(c) He does not want them to fight.
(d) He does not want them to jump ship.
9. Who reveals her interest in Erasmus?
(a) Ms. Kemp.
(c) Mrs. Adams.
(d) Mrs. Wolpert.
10. Who trails behind Erasmus and Sarah as they go for a walk?
(a) Miss Edwards.
(b) Her father.
(c) Mr. Kemp.
11. Which part in the play does Erasmus take?
12. Which wildlife is seen in Book One, Part Three?
(a) Humpback whales.
13. To whom does Paris write a letter?
(a) His dead wife.
(c) William Kemp.
(d) The Bishop of Norwich.
14. Why does Erasmus get lost in town after rehearsing for the play?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is sleepy.
(c) He avoids a fight.
(d) He is lovesick.
15. Which three men toast in Book One, Part One?
(a) Paris, Wolpert, and Kemp.
(b) Thurso, Wolpert, and Paris.
(c) Kemp, Wolpert, and Thurso.
(d) Paris, Kemp, and Thurso.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose conflict is the cast of the play discussing in Book One, Part Four?
2. Who does Thurso decide to have flogged?
3. Who argues over the value of each slave?
4. How old was Erasmus when Paris removed him from the dam?
5. Who announces that someone new will be directing the play?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)