|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the captain of the ship?
(a) Matthew Paris.
(b) Saul Thurso.
(c) Charles Wolpert.
(d) William Kemp.
2. Which three men toast in Book One, Part One?
(a) Kemp, Wolpert, and Thurso.
(b) Paris, Wolpert, and Kemp.
(c) Thurso, Wolpert, and Paris.
(d) Paris, Kemp, and Thurso.
3. Why is Kemp well-respected?
(a) Because of his personality.
(b) Because of his wealth.
(c) Because of his family.
(d) Because of his singing talent.
4. How many workers are killed on the Ship while it is being built?
5. Which character does Sarah Wolpert play?
(d) Lady Macbeth.
6. Where does the Liverpool Merchant arrive in Book One, Part Four?
7. Who reprimands Parker?
(a) The Vicar.
8. Who takes possible slaves aboard the ship?
(d) King Henry Cook.
9. Who does Erasmus confront in Book One, Part Four?
10. To whom does Paris write a letter?
(a) His dead wife.
(b) The Bishop of Norwich.
(c) William Kemp.
11. With whom is Erasmus obsessed?
(b) His father.
12. Why does Thurso tell his men not to mistreat the slaves?
(a) Because he wants the most money possible for them.
(b) Because his wife has asked him to do so.
(c) Because he feels sorry for them.
(d) Because he has become a changed man.
13. What is a source of conflict for those responsible for building the ship?
(a) The figurehead.
(b) The duties among various crew members.
(c) Sleeping quarters.
(d) Payments to crew members.
14. Who hires a private investigator in Book One, Part Three?
(a) Mr. Kemp.
(b) Mr. Wolpert.
(c) Mr. Thurso.
(d) Mr. Barton.
15. How does William Kemp regard his wealth?
(a) As a product of hard work.
(b) As something not to be taken for granted.
(c) As fleeting and temporary.
(d) As a miracle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Erasmus spot in the shadows when he gets lost in the city?
2. Who signed both Paris' medical license and prison sentence?
3. Who is the protagonist in this story?
4. Who meets at the bottom of an old barge?
5. Who is Erasmus' cousin?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)