|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the character who is mentally handicapped?
2. What does Paris do while the crew is busy with preparations?
(a) Writes in his journal.
(c) Talks to Thurso.
(d) Lifts weights.
3. What is the name of the play rehearsed in this story?
(a) The Enchanted Island.
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
4. How old is Luther Sawdust?
(a) He is a teenager.
(b) He is middle-aged.
(c) He is in his twenties.
(d) He is elderly.
5. Which weapon is presented in Book One, Part Two, Chapter 14?
(a) A musket.
(b) A bow and arrow.
(c) A whip.
(d) A pistol.
6. Who tells Daniel about his plan to escape from the ship?
7. How old must Sarah be before she can be engaged?
8. How many workers are killed on the Ship while it is being built?
9. Who admits his love for Sarah?
(b) The Vicar.
10. Who signed both Paris' medical license and prison sentence?
(a) Mr. Wolpert.
(b) Saul Thurso.
(c) Erasmus' father.
(d) The Biship of Norwich.
11. Who asks Paris to be part of the ship's crew?
(a) Mr. Thurso.
(b) Mr. Paris.
(c) Mr. Wolpert.
(d) Mr. Kemp.
12. Where does Paris ask to be served his meal?
(a) The galley.
(b) The captain's quarters.
(c) His cabin.
(d) The deck.
13. Who does the cast not seem to like much?
14. Who announces that someone new will be directing the play?
15. Who meets at the bottom of an old barge?
(a) Members of the crew.
(b) Paris and his wife.
(c) Sarah and Erasmus.
(d) Members of the play's cast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Thurso decide to have flogged?
2. Who does Erasmus say that he is going to the Wolpert home to see?
3. Why does Thurso tell crew members not to beat the other men until after they leave the dock?
4. Who has severe seasickness?
5. Who argues over the value of each slave?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)