|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the play in Book One, Part One, rehearsed?
(a) In an abandoned theater.
(b) At the Wolperts' home.
(c) Aboard the ship.
(d) In an old schoolhouse.
2. Which of the following theories does Paris reveal that he believes in through a letter?
(c) The Big Bang.
3. Where does the Liverpool Merchant arrive in Book One, Part Four?
4. Why does Erasmus get lost in town after rehearsing for the play?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is lovesick.
(c) He avoids a fight.
(d) He is sleepy.
5. What was the name of Paris' wife?
6. In Book One, Part One, how many children does Paris have?
7. Who gives Erasmus permission to propose to Sarah?
(a) His priest.
(b) His father.
(c) His uncle.
(d) Her father.
8. What does Paris ask to use in Book One, Part Three, Chapter 16?
(a) A fishing pole.
(b) A Bible.
(c) The oven.
(d) The sickbay.
9. Who tells Daniel about his plan to escape from the ship?
10. In what sea is the Ship let loose near the beginning of her voyage?
(a) The Yellow Sea.
(b) The Irish Sea.
(c) The Black Sea.
(d) The Mediterranean Sea.
11. Why is Kemp well-respected?
(a) Because of his singing talent.
(b) Because of his wealth.
(c) Because of his personality.
(d) Because of his family.
12. Which character does Sarah Wolpert play?
(c) Lady Macbeth.
13. Where is the inn where Paris spends his last night on shore?
(a) Creek Row
(b) Water Street.
(c) Ocean Blvd.
(d) River Road.
14. What two things are built in Book One, Part One, Chapter Eight?
(a) Paris' confidence and his family.
(b) Erasmus' love and the Ship.
(c) Thurso's collection of books and the Ship.
(d) The Ship and Kemp's wealth.
15. In what city does the Prologue take place?
(c) St. Louis.
(d) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a source of conflict for those responsible for building the ship?
2. Which weapon is presented in Book One, Part Two, Chapter 14?
3. Who is the captain of the ship?
4. Who is discovered to be struggling financially in Book One, Part Four?
5. Why does Thurso tell crew members not to beat the other men until after they leave the dock?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)