|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hires a private investigator in Book One, Part Three?
(a) Mr. Thurso.
(b) Mr. Kemp.
(c) Mr. Wolpert.
(d) Mr. Barton.
2. What does Erasmus spot in the shadows when he gets lost in the city?
(a) A dying man.
(b) Stolen goods.
(d) A hungry family.
3. Who admits his love for Sarah?
(b) The Vicar.
4. Who does Thurso decide to have flogged?
(a) James Wilson.
(b) His son.
(c) Matthew Paris.
5. Whose blood is seen on the deck of the ship?
(a) It is unclear.
(b) A little boy's.
6. Who is in charge of the men who were tricked to be part of the crew?
(a) Hughes and Cavana.
(b) Driver and Deakin.
(c) Paris and Kemp.
(d) Thurso and Calley.
7. Who does Erasmus confront in Book One, Part Four?
8. In what city does the Prologue take place?
(b) New Orleans.
(d) St. Louis.
9. Who is the last man added to the Ship's crew?
10. Who is the narrator of this story?
(a) Luther Sawdust.
(b) Sarah Wolpert.
(c) Erasmus Kemp.
(d) Matthew Paris.
11. Where is the inn where Paris spends his last night on shore?
(a) River Road.
(b) Water Street.
(c) Ocean Blvd.
(d) Creek Row
12. What instrument does Sullivan play?
(a) The fiddle.
(b) The piano.
(c) The guitar.
(d) The accordian.
13. Who argues over the value of each slave?
(a) Thurso and Yellow Henry.
(b) Paris and Kemp.
(c) Adams and Henry.
(d) Thurso and Paris.
14. Who is asked to quit the play?
15. What is Paris's role on the ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who meets at the bottom of an old barge?
2. Who tells Daniel about his plan to escape from the ship?
3. Whom of the following is not a member of the Ship's crew?
4. Who arrives in Liverpool after having spent eight months at sea?
5. Where does the Liverpool Merchant arrive in Book One, Part Four?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)