|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Liverpool Merchant arrive in Book One, Part Four?
2. What does Paris ask to use in Book One, Part Three, Chapter 16?
(a) The sickbay.
(b) A Bible.
(c) The oven.
(d) A fishing pole.
3. Why is Kemp well-respected?
(a) Because of his family.
(b) Because of his wealth.
(c) Because of his singing talent.
(d) Because of his personality.
4. Who does the cast not seem to like much?
5. Whose conflict is the cast of the play discussing in Book One, Part Four?
(a) Bailey's and Aubrey's.
(b) Sarah's and Erasmus'.
(c) Adams' and Erasmus'.
(d) Kemp's and Paris'.
6. Which of the following books reminds Paris of his past?
(a) Treasure Island.
(b) Adventures of Aubrey the Sailor.
(c) Sea of Words Dictionary.
(d) Treatise on the Movement of Heart & Blood.
7. Who is the antagonist in this story?
8. In what sea is the Ship let loose near the beginning of her voyage?
(a) The Mediterranean Sea.
(b) The Black Sea.
(c) The Yellow Sea.
(d) The Irish Sea.
9. Who has severe seasickness?
(a) Daniel Calley.
(b) Saul Thurso.
(d) Luther Sawdust.
10. Why does Blair go to a bar?
(a) To meet with crew members.
(b) To eat and drink.
(c) To dance.
(d) To find his wife.
11. Who is asked to quit the play?
12. What is the name of the character who is mentally handicapped?
13. What is the name of the play's new director?
(a) Lawrence Carter.
(b) Henry Adams.
(c) John Gibbons.
(d) David Williamson.
14. With whom is Erasmus obsessed?
(c) His father.
15. Who is the narrator of this story?
(a) Sarah Wolpert.
(b) Matthew Paris.
(c) Erasmus Kemp.
(d) Luther Sawdust.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which three men toast in Book One, Part One?
2. Why does Thurso tell crew members not to beat the other men until after they leave the dock?
3. What takes Paris' mind off of the situation involving slaves?
4. Who reveals her interest in Erasmus?
5. What was the cause of Ruth's death?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)