|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is asked to quit the play?
2. Who does Thurso decide to have flogged?
(b) Matthew Paris.
(c) His son.
(d) James Wilson.
3. Who hires a private investigator in Book One, Part Three?
(a) Mr. Kemp.
(b) Mr. Wolpert.
(c) Mr. Barton.
(d) Mr. Thurso.
4. Who trails behind Erasmus and Sarah as they go for a walk?
(b) Her father.
(c) Mr. Kemp.
(d) Miss Edwards.
5. Who has severe seasickness?
(a) Luther Sawdust.
(c) Saul Thurso.
(d) Daniel Calley.
6. Which part in the play does Erasmus take?
7. To which of the following destinations will the Ship take her maiden voyage?
(b) North America.
(c) South America.
8. Which of the following theories does Paris reveal that he believes in through a letter?
(d) The Big Bang.
9. What was the cause of Ruth's death?
(a) Broken heart.
(d) Car accident.
10. Where is the inn where Paris spends his last night on shore?
(a) River Road.
(b) Ocean Blvd.
(c) Water Street.
(d) Creek Row
11. Which of the following books reminds Paris of his past?
(a) Sea of Words Dictionary.
(b) Treasure Island.
(c) Adventures of Aubrey the Sailor.
(d) Treatise on the Movement of Heart & Blood.
12. Who argues over the value of each slave?
(a) Paris and Kemp.
(b) Thurso and Yellow Henry.
(c) Thurso and Paris.
(d) Adams and Henry.
13. What is a source of conflict for those responsible for building the ship?
(a) Sleeping quarters.
(b) Payments to crew members.
(c) The figurehead.
(d) The duties among various crew members.
14. Whose conflict is the cast of the play discussing in Book One, Part Four?
(a) Adams' and Erasmus'.
(b) Kemp's and Paris'.
(c) Bailey's and Aubrey's.
(d) Sarah's and Erasmus'.
15. Who does Erasmus confront in Book One, Part Four?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is present at every stage of the building of the ship?
2. Who meets at the bottom of an old barge?
3. Who raises his hand to the boatswain?
4. Why is Kemp well-respected?
5. What is the name of the play's new director?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)