|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the play's new director?
(a) John Gibbons.
(b) David Williamson.
(c) Henry Adams.
(d) Lawrence Carter.
2. Who tells Daniel about his plan to escape from the ship?
3. To whom does Paris write a letter?
(b) His dead wife.
(c) William Kemp.
(d) The Bishop of Norwich.
4. Who is in charge of the men who were tricked to be part of the crew?
(a) Hughes and Cavana.
(b) Thurso and Calley.
(c) Paris and Kemp.
(d) Driver and Deakin.
5. Who finds a surgeon on board the ship unnecessary?
6. Why does Blair go to a bar?
(a) To find his wife.
(b) To eat and drink.
(c) To dance.
(d) To meet with crew members.
7. What was Sawdust's father's profession?
8. Where does the cast of the play meet due to rainy weather?
(a) A pub.
(b) The ship.
(c) The library.
(d) Sarah's bedroom.
9. What are the men aboard the ship preparing for in Book One, Part Four?
(a) The weather.
(b) A card game.
(c) The arrival of the Africans.
(d) Their departure.
10. Who argues over the value of each slave?
(a) Thurso and Paris.
(b) Adams and Henry.
(c) Thurso and Yellow Henry.
(d) Paris and Kemp.
11. What is Paris's role on the ship?
12. Why was Paris sent to jail?
(a) He killed someone in an accident.
(b) He denied the Bible.
(c) He admitted to a crime that he did not commit.
(d) He stole food for his family.
13. With whom is Erasmus obsessed?
(c) His father.
14. Whose blood is seen on the deck of the ship?
(b) It is unclear.
(d) A little boy's.
15. What two things are built in Book One, Part One, Chapter Eight?
(a) The Ship and Kemp's wealth.
(b) Paris' confidence and his family.
(c) Erasmus' love and the Ship.
(d) Thurso's collection of books and the Ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Liverpool Merchant arrive in Book One, Part Four?
2. Who meets at the bottom of an old barge?
3. Who does Erasmus say that he is going to the Wolpert home to see?
4. Who signed both Paris' medical license and prison sentence?
5. Which three men toast in Book One, Part One?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)