|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator of this story?
(a) Sarah Wolpert.
(b) Luther Sawdust.
(c) Matthew Paris.
(d) Erasmus Kemp.
2. To which of the following destinations will the Ship take her maiden voyage?
(b) South America.
(c) North America.
3. What was the cause of Ruth's death?
(b) Broken heart.
(d) Car accident.
4. Why was Paris sent to jail?
(a) He admitted to a crime that he did not commit.
(b) He killed someone in an accident.
(c) He denied the Bible.
(d) He stole food for his family.
5. Who does the cast not seem to like much?
6. Who admits his love for Sarah?
(d) The Vicar.
7. With whom is Erasmus obsessed?
(c) His father.
8. Who is the protagonist in this story?
(a) Erasmus' father.
(b) Erasmus Kemp.
(c) Luther Sawdust.
(d) Matthew Paris.
9. Who is asked to quit the play?
10. What instrument does Sullivan play?
(a) The accordian.
(b) The guitar.
(c) The piano.
(d) The fiddle.
11. What is the name of the character who is mentally handicapped?
12. How old was Erasmus when Paris removed him from the dam?
13. Which wildlife is seen in Book One, Part Three?
(b) Humpback whales.
14. Who is present at every stage of the building of the ship?
(a) Matthew Paris.
(b) William Kemp.
(c) Erasmus Kemp.
(d) Saul Thurso.
15. Where is the play in Book One, Part One, rehearsed?
(a) In an abandoned theater.
(b) In an old schoolhouse.
(c) Aboard the ship.
(d) At the Wolperts' home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose conflict is the cast of the play discussing in Book One, Part Four?
2. Who reprimands Parker?
3. What are the men aboard the ship preparing for in Book One, Part Four?
4. Which of the following books reminds Paris of his past?
5. What is in progress when Erasmus arrives at the Wolpert residence?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)