|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who finds a surgeon on board the ship unnecessary?
2. Who gives Erasmus permission to propose to Sarah?
(a) Her father.
(b) His father.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His priest.
3. Whose conflict is the cast of the play discussing in Book One, Part Four?
(a) Sarah's and Erasmus'.
(b) Bailey's and Aubrey's.
(c) Adams' and Erasmus'.
(d) Kemp's and Paris'.
4. Who trails behind Erasmus and Sarah as they go for a walk?
(a) Miss Edwards.
(b) Her father.
(d) Mr. Kemp.
5. Who hires a private investigator in Book One, Part Three?
(a) Mr. Barton.
(b) Mr. Kemp.
(c) Mr. Thurso.
(d) Mr. Wolpert.
6. Who seems satisfied by the deaths that take place on the Ship in Book One, Part One?
7. Which weapon is presented in Book One, Part Two, Chapter 14?
(a) A bow and arrow.
(b) A whip.
(c) A musket.
(d) A pistol.
8. What was the name of Paris' wife?
9. Who is discovered to be struggling financially in Book One, Part Four?
(a) Mr. Calley.
(b) Mr. Daniels.
(c) Mr. Wolpert.
(d) Mr. Kemp.
10. Who does Thurso decide to have flogged?
(a) His son.
(c) James Wilson.
(d) Matthew Paris.
11. Who reprimands Parker?
(c) The Vicar.
12. Who is in charge of the men who were tricked to be part of the crew?
(a) Hughes and Cavana.
(b) Thurso and Calley.
(c) Driver and Deakin.
(d) Paris and Kemp.
13. What takes Paris' mind off of the situation involving slaves?
(a) The Bible.
(b) A letter from his wife.
(c) A book about travels.
(d) A book of poetry.
14. Where does the Liverpool Merchant arrive in Book One, Part Four?
15. How does William Kemp regard his wealth?
(a) As a miracle.
(b) As a product of hard work.
(c) As fleeting and temporary.
(d) As something not to be taken for granted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Blair go to a bar?
2. Which three men toast in Book One, Part One?
3. Who reveals her interest in Erasmus?
4. Who is the antagonist in this story?
5. Which of the following theories does Paris reveal that he believes in through a letter?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)