|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the play in Book One, Part One, rehearsed?
(a) At the Wolperts' home.
(b) Aboard the ship.
(c) In an old schoolhouse.
(d) In an abandoned theater.
2. Where is the inn where Paris spends his last night on shore?
(a) Creek Row
(b) River Road.
(c) Ocean Blvd.
(d) Water Street.
3. Who does Erasmus confront in Book One, Part Four?
4. Who reveals her interest in Erasmus?
(b) Mrs. Wolpert.
(c) Mrs. Adams.
(d) Ms. Kemp.
5. What is the name of the play rehearsed in this story?
(b) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
(d) The Enchanted Island.
6. To whom does Paris write a letter?
(a) William Kemp.
(b) His dead wife.
(c) The Bishop of Norwich.
7. Where does the Liverpool Merchant arrive in Book One, Part Four?
8. Where does the cast of the play meet due to rainy weather?
(a) The ship.
(b) The library.
(c) A pub.
(d) Sarah's bedroom.
9. What does Paris ask to use in Book One, Part Three, Chapter 16?
(a) The sickbay.
(b) A fishing pole.
(c) The oven.
(d) A Bible.
10. Who signed both Paris' medical license and prison sentence?
(a) Mr. Wolpert.
(b) Erasmus' father.
(c) The Biship of Norwich.
(d) Saul Thurso.
11. Who is present at every stage of the building of the ship?
(a) William Kemp.
(b) Erasmus Kemp.
(c) Saul Thurso.
(d) Matthew Paris.
12. Who meets at the bottom of an old barge?
(a) Members of the play's cast.
(b) Sarah and Erasmus.
(c) Paris and his wife.
(d) Members of the crew.
13. Who is discovered to be struggling financially in Book One, Part Four?
(a) Mr. Calley.
(b) Mr. Daniels.
(c) Mr. Wolpert.
(d) Mr. Kemp.
14. To which of the following destinations will the Ship take her maiden voyage?
(a) North America.
(c) South America.
15. Who does the cast not seem to like much?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the ship in this story?
2. Who is the last man added to the Ship's crew?
3. How old must Sarah be before she can be engaged?
4. Why does Thurso tell crew members not to beat the other men until after they leave the dock?
5. Which of the following theories does Paris reveal that he believes in through a letter?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)