|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the cause of Ruth's death?
(c) Car accident.
(d) Broken heart.
2. Which of the following theories does Paris reveal that he believes in through a letter?
(a) The Big Bang.
3. Who does Thurso decide to have flogged?
(a) Matthew Paris.
(b) James Wilson.
(c) His son.
4. Who raises his hand to the boatswain?
(a) James Wilson.
(b) Saul Thurso.
(c) Daniel Calley.
(d) Matthew Paris.
5. What is the name of the ship in this story?
(a) Liverpool Merchant.
(d) Her Majesty.
6. Who asks Paris to be part of the ship's crew?
(a) Mr. Thurso.
(b) Mr. Paris.
(c) Mr. Kemp.
(d) Mr. Wolpert.
7. Who almost attacks Libby in Book One, Part Three?
8. Who signed both Paris' medical license and prison sentence?
(a) Mr. Wolpert.
(b) Saul Thurso.
(c) Erasmus' father.
(d) The Biship of Norwich.
9. Which three men toast in Book One, Part One?
(a) Paris, Kemp, and Thurso.
(b) Paris, Wolpert, and Kemp.
(c) Kemp, Wolpert, and Thurso.
(d) Thurso, Wolpert, and Paris.
10. How old must Sarah be before she can be engaged?
11. Why does Calley end up on the Ship?
(a) He wants to go to Africa.
(b) His brother is a crew member.
(c) He is training to be a captain.
(d) He is tricked.
12. Which wildlife is seen in Book One, Part Three?
(a) Humpback whales.
13. Who does Erasmus confront in Book One, Part Four?
14. Who reveals her interest in Erasmus?
(a) Mrs. Adams.
(b) Ms. Kemp.
(c) Mrs. Wolpert.
15. Who does the cast not seem to like much?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in charge of the men who were tricked to be part of the crew?
2. How old was Erasmus when Paris removed him from the dam?
3. Who takes possible slaves aboard the ship?
4. Who admits his love for Sarah?
5. Where is the final destination of the ship?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)