Short Essay Questions Key
1. Describe the setting for the Prologue.
2. How does Erasmus feel about Sarah Wolpert in Book One?
3. Why does Erasmus not like Matthew Paris?
4. Why was Paris imprisoned?
5. Why is Kemp so motivated to convince Paris to go aboard the Ship?
6. What do we learn about Paris' wife in Book One, Part One?
7. Describe what happens in Book One, Part One, when Erasmus gets to the Wolperts' home.
8. What is the relationship between Kemp and Saul Thurso like?
9. Which three characters share a toast in Book One and why do they share it?
10. How does Erasmus' role in the play reflect aspects of himself in real life?
11. What does Erasmus see in town after he gets lost?
12. What tragedy occurs while the Ship is being built?
13. Describe Paris' last night on shore before boarding the Ship.
14. How does the reader gain an inside perspective of the death of Paris' wife?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)