|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 8, Chapters 37-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Erasmus marry a woman in Book Two?
(a) The woman is pregnant.
(b) She reminds him of Sarah.
(c) For her wealth.
(d) He wants to have children.
2. Who reprimands Parker?
(d) The Vicar.
3. What did people want to steal from Paris' home?
(a) His blueprints.
(b) His child.
(d) A press.
4. Who trails behind Erasmus and Sarah as they go for a walk?
(a) Mr. Kemp.
(b) Miss Edwards.
(d) Her father.
5. Who is present at every stage of the building of the ship?
(a) Saul Thurso.
(b) William Kemp.
(c) Matthew Paris.
(d) Erasmus Kemp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Paris's role on the ship?
2. Who does Erasmus confront in Book One, Part Four?
3. Who is discovered to be struggling financially in Book One, Part Four?
4. Why does Thurso tell crew members not to beat the other men until after they leave the dock?
5. Who is upset when Erasmus turns down the job?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)