|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 7, Chapters 34-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Calley end up on the Ship?
(a) He wants to go to Africa.
(b) His brother is a crew member.
(c) He is tricked.
(d) He is training to be a captain.
2. What was the cause of Ruth's death?
(a) Broken heart.
(b) Car accident.
3. Why does Erasmus turn down the job?
(a) Because he feels embarrassed.
(b) Because he does not want to work.
(c) Because he wants to clear his father's debts on his own.
(d) Because it would require him to move.
4. Why was Paris sent to jail?
(a) He admitted to a crime that he did not commit.
(b) He killed someone in an accident.
(c) He stole food for his family.
(d) He denied the Bible.
5. What is in progress when Erasmus arrives at the Wolpert residence?
(a) A funeral.
(b) A play rehearsal.
(c) A Christmas party.
(d) A birthday party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who fights on the Ship in Book One, Part Five?
2. With whom is Erasmus obsessed?
3. Whose conflict is the cast of the play discussing in Book One, Part Four?
4. Whose body does Paris find in a shed?
5. To whom does Thurso write a letter?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)