|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 2, Chapters 10-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the protagonist in this story?
(a) Matthew Paris.
(b) Luther Sawdust.
(c) Erasmus' father.
(d) Erasmus Kemp.
2. How long has Erasmus known Sarah?
(a) One week.
(b) About ten years.
(c) About two years.
(d) Most of his life.
3. Who meets at the bottom of an old barge?
(a) Paris and his wife.
(b) Members of the play's cast.
(c) Members of the crew.
(d) Sarah and Erasmus.
4. Why is Kemp well-respected?
(a) Because of his personality.
(b) Because of his wealth.
(c) Because of his family.
(d) Because of his singing talent.
5. What does Erasmus spot in the shadows when he gets lost in the city?
(a) A hungry family.
(b) Stolen goods.
(d) A dying man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a source of conflict for those responsible for building the ship?
2. What was the cause of Ruth's death?
3. To whom does Paris write a letter?
4. What two things are built in Book One, Part One, Chapter Eight?
5. Who is in charge of the men who were tricked to be part of the crew?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)