|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 1, Chapters 5-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which three men toast in Book One, Part One?
(a) Paris, Wolpert, and Kemp.
(b) Thurso, Wolpert, and Paris.
(c) Paris, Kemp, and Thurso.
(d) Kemp, Wolpert, and Thurso.
2. Who is present at every stage of the building of the ship?
(a) Erasmus Kemp.
(b) Matthew Paris.
(c) William Kemp.
(d) Saul Thurso.
3. Who signed both Paris' medical license and prison sentence?
(a) Mr. Wolpert.
(b) Saul Thurso.
(c) Erasmus' father.
(d) The Biship of Norwich.
4. How does William Kemp regard his wealth?
(a) As a product of hard work.
(b) As a miracle.
(c) As something not to be taken for granted.
(d) As fleeting and temporary.
5. What is a source of conflict for those responsible for building the ship?
(a) The figurehead.
(b) Payments to crew members.
(c) Sleeping quarters.
(d) The duties among various crew members.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the cause of Ruth's death?
2. Who is the antagonist in this story?
3. What is Paris's role on the ship?
4. What was the name of Paris' wife?
5. Which character does Sarah Wolpert play?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)