|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 8, Chapters 37-45.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is on board the ship to keep slaves from jumping overboard?
(a) A barricade.
(b) Beautiful women.
(c) A mean dog.
(d) An electric fence.
2. Why does Erasmus marry a woman in Book Two?
(a) She reminds him of Sarah.
(b) For her wealth.
(c) He wants to have children.
(d) The woman is pregnant.
3. What group lives in the city that Erasmus goes in Book Two?
(b) The Creoles.
(c) The Southern Belles.
(d) The Creek Indians.
4. What do Thurso and Barton plan to do when they reach shore?
(a) Trade in gold dust.
(b) Abandon ship.
(c) Throw the others overboard.
(d) Buy alcohol.
5. Which of the following does the slave who refuses to eat spit on Paris' face?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following theories does Paris reveal that he believes in through a letter?
2. In Book One, Part Five, who decides to go ashore?
3. In what sea is the Ship let loose near the beginning of her voyage?
4. Who leaves the story in Book One, Part Five?
5. Who does Paris tell about the bodies that he finds in a shed?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)