|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What patriotic item which belonged to Morty does Sabbath discover?
(a) A red, white, and blue yarmulke.
(b) A gold coin.
(c) A draft card.
(d) A newspaper from D-Day.
2. Why does Sabbath think that Norman wants him to tell the story of his arrest?
(a) To convince Michelle to keep Deborah away from Sabbath.
(b) To make Sabbath see the error of his ways.
(c) To make Michelle dislike Sabbath.
(d) To stimulate Michelle.
3. What does Sabbath think that Michelle is trying to communicate to him by what she is wearing?
(a) That she has decided to have an affair with him.
(b) That she wants him to respect her more.
(c) That she is not interested in him sexually.
(d) That she is a nurturing, motherly type.
4. How does Sabbath feel when he enters the Jewish cemetery?
(a) He feels uncomfortable.
(b) He is flooded with memories.
(c) He feels overwhelmed.
(d) He feels peaceful.
5. During his first morning at Norman's, what does Sabbath consider as a potential reason to live?
(a) He receives a job offer in New York.
(b) Norman gives him money.
(c) Roseanna calls and asks him to come home.
(d) Deborah comes home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sabbath stop to ask questions when he cannot find the place that he seeks?
2. Where did Sabbath go after visiting Roseanna at the hospital?
3. How did Roseanna react when she first found out about the scandal concerning Sabbath?
4. Why does Norman insist that Sabbath stay with him?
5. How does Sabbath respond when Norman takes his hand?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Norman encourage Sabbath to tell Michelle at dinner?
2. To whom does Sabbath link himself in the obituary that he composes on the subway?
3. How does Sabbath convince Michelle to have an affair with him?
4. What did Roseanna do when she found out about the scandal that caused Sabbath to lose his job?
5. On the first night of his stay with the Cowans, why is Sabbath in such a good mood at dinner?
6. What does Sabbath notice about his family's graves?
7. When Rosa arrives, what is Sabbath's excuse for the mess that he has made with Deborah's clothes?
8. How does Norman react to Sabbath when he first sees him again?
9. Why does Norman invite Sabbath to stay with him?
10. What was the scandal that caused Sabbath to lose his job at the college?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)