|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sabbath is convinced that the young woman he meets on the subway is whose daughter?
2. Where did Sabbath go after visiting Roseanna at the hospital?
(a) To see Kathy.
(c) To find a prostitute.
(d) To see Drenka.
3. Which of the following was in the three-ring binder that Roseanna asked Sabbath to bring to her while she was in the psychiatric hospital?
(a) Letters from her father that had been written just before his suicide.
(b) Notes from Roseanna's students.
(c) A manuscript that Roseanna wanted to finish writing.
(d) Roseanna's typed diary chronicling the last three years.
4. How did Roseanna react when she first found out about the scandal concerning Sabbath?
(a) She started slapping and punching Sabbath.
(b) She tried to commit suicide with painkillers.
(c) She drove her car into a boulder, and then laid down on the road.
(d) In a rage, she went to Kathy's house to confront her.
5. What does Sabbath start carrying in his pants pocket?
(a) Roseanna's Alcoholics Anonymous medallion.
(b) Deborah's picture.
(c) A pair of Deborah's underwear.
(d) Drenka's hair ribbon.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 7, which of the following items is Michelle wearing when she goes in to see Sabbath in Part 7?
2. Who is Rosa?
3. Which of the following does Sabbath do before leaving the cemetery?
4. Why does Sabbath think that Norman wants him to tell the story of his arrest?
5. Why did Sabbath feel that he had lost his job over the scandal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rosa give Sabbath hoping that he will not kill her?
2. What does Sabbath notice in Fish's house?
3. Who was Helen Trumbull?
4. What are some of the items that Sabbath finds in the box containing Morty's possessions?
5. How does Sabbath convince Michelle to have an affair with him?
6. What story does Norman encourage Sabbath to tell Michelle at dinner?
7. To whom does Sabbath link himself in the obituary that he composes on the subway?
8. What did Roseanna do when she found out about the scandal that caused Sabbath to lose his job?
9. What happened at Sabbath's trial for public indecency?
10. On the first night of his stay with the Cowans, why is Sabbath in such a good mood at dinner?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)