|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sabbath respond when Norman takes his hand?
(a) Sabbath sits and stares at Norman in a dumbfounded way.
(b) Sabbath wonders how much money he can convince Norman to give him.
(c) Sabbath pulls away from Norman and runs out the door.
(d) Sabbath thinks that he can parlay Norman's sympathy into at least a week's stay.
2. Which of the following items did Sabbath keep locked away in a file cabinet at the college where he worked?
(a) Photographs of his female students.
(b) Tapes of his sexual conversations with students.
(c) Personal belongings of the women with whom he had slept.
(d) Pornographic magazines.
3. What is Sabbath's response when Norman comments on his isolation from society?
(a) That society has nothing to offer him.
(b) That it is the only way to shield himself from getting hurt.
(c) That if he wanted relationships, he would have to give something back.
(d) That it is the best preparation for death.
4. Which of the following is the first thing that Sabbath does when he is alone in Deborah's bedroom?
(a) He takes a bath.
(b) He starts writing his will.
(c) He goes to sleep.
(d) He tries to climb out a window.
5. What is Sabbath looking for at the beginning of Part 8?
(a) Dr. Graves' office.
(b) The cemetery where his mother is buried.
(c) Nikki's phone number.
(d) Christa's address.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Sabbath take vodka to the hospital?
2. Why does Sabbath refuse to read the newspapers that Norman gives him?
3. Why did Sabbath lose his job at the college in 1989?
4. Sabbath is convinced that the young woman he meets on the subway is whose daughter?
5. Why does Sabbath think that Norman wants him to tell the story of his arrest?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Norman react to Sabbath when he first sees him again?
2. What does Sabbath do after opening the box of Morty's possessions?
3. What does Sabbath notice about his family's graves?
4. Who was Helen Trumbull?
5. What does Sabbath notice in Fish's house?
6. To whom does Sabbath link himself in the obituary that he composes on the subway?
7. In Part 6, why does Sabbath liken himself to Rip Van Winkle?
8. What happened at Sabbath's trial for public indecency?
9. Why does Sabbath think that Norman and Linc chose to produce his show?
10. In Part 8, why does Sabbath go to the cemetery?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)