|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sabbath start carrying in his pants pocket?
(a) Roseanna's Alcoholics Anonymous medallion.
(b) Deborah's picture.
(c) Drenka's hair ribbon.
(d) A pair of Deborah's underwear.
2. Why does Sabbath not want to be buried next to Drenka?
(a) He does not want Drenka's lovers visiting both of their graves.
(b) He does not think that Matthew would allow it.
(c) He does not want to take Matija's place.
(d) He would feel more comfortable in a Jewish cemetery.
3. What did Helen Trumbull (the girl whose breast Sabbath touched during one of his shows) tell the police officer who arrived to arrest Sabbath?
(a) That she was been horrified and unable to flee the stage.
(b) That she wanted to file charges against Sabbath for sexual assault.
(c) That she allowed Sabbath to do it as part of his act.
(d) That Sabbath had paid her for her performance.
4. According to what he tells Michelle, why does Sabbath think that Norman has remained friends with him?
(a) Because Norman does not realize the full extent of the terrible things that Sabbath has done.
(b) Because Norman feels sorry for Sabbath and wants to help him.
(c) Because Norman feels that it is his Christian duty to help Sabbath.
(d) Because well-bred people often need friends like Sabbath so that they can enjoy the seamy side of life without indulging in it personally.
5. While watching the beggars on the street, Sabbath thinks that he has failed as a street performer because he has not done which of the following?
(a) Catered to the more refined tastes of the wealthy people who would actually pay to see his shows.
(b) Had enough money to realize his vision.
(c) Hired actors who are talented enough.
(d) Gone far enough in his quest for obscenity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rosa?
2. Why does Sabbath refuse to read the newspapers that Norman gives him?
3. What does Sabbath do while riding the subway at the beginning of Part 6?
4. What does Sabbath think that Michelle is trying to communicate to him by what she is wearing?
5. Which of the following does Roseanna allude to when she talks to Sabbath in her hospital room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Norman throw Sabbath out of his home?
2. What did Roseanna do when she found out about the scandal that caused Sabbath to lose his job?
3. How does Norman react to Sabbath when he first sees him again?
4. What does Sabbath do after opening the box of Morty's possessions?
5. What are some of the items that Sabbath finds in the box containing Morty's possessions?
6. On the first night of his stay with the Cowans, why is Sabbath in such a good mood at dinner?
7. How does Sabbath convince Michelle to have an affair with him?
8. Why does Norman invite Sabbath to stay with him?
9. In Part 6, why does Sabbath liken himself to Rip Van Winkle?
10. Why are a few pages of Part 6 written without punctuation?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)