|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following historical figures does Sabbath mention when Michelle asks him why he pushes everyone away?
(a) The Marquis de Sade.
(b) Vlad the Impaler.
2. Why does Sabbath think that Norman wants him to tell the story of his arrest?
(a) To stimulate Michelle.
(b) To make Sabbath see the error of his ways.
(c) To make Michelle dislike Sabbath.
(d) To convince Michelle to keep Deborah away from Sabbath.
3. What is Sabbath's reply when Michelle tells him how highly Norman spoke of him?
(a) Sabbath is surprised that Norman thinks so highly of him.
(b) Norman says those things to justify having someone of a lower social class at his dinner table.
(c) Sabbath interrupts Michelle and changes the subject.
(d) Sabbath does not care what Norman thinks; he only wants to know what Michelle thinks.
4. Why does Sabbath refuse to read the newspapers that Norman gives him?
(a) Because he does not want to get newsprint on his hands.
(b) Because they often portray the Japanese in a positive light.
(c) Because he is afraid that there will be a story about him.
(d) Because he does not want to look at the obituaries.
5. What does Sabbath start carrying in his pants pocket?
(a) Drenka's hair ribbon.
(b) Deborah's picture.
(c) Roseanna's Alcoholics Anonymous medallion.
(d) A pair of Deborah's underwear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sabbath see in Fish's house?
2. Due to which of the following realizations does Sabbath claim that he fainted when Norman kicked him out?
3. During his first morning at Norman's, what does Sabbath consider as a potential reason to live?
4. According to what he tells Michelle, why does Sabbath think that Norman has remained friends with him?
5. What does Sabbath say when Norman catches him with Deborah's picture?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Norman invite Sabbath to stay with him?
2. To whom does Sabbath link himself in the obituary that he composes on the subway?
3. What does Sabbath do after opening the box of Morty's possessions?
4. What does Sabbath notice in Fish's house?
5. Why are a few pages of Part 6 written without punctuation?
6. What are some of the items that Sabbath finds in the box containing Morty's possessions?
7. What does Sabbath notice about his family's graves?
8. How does Sabbath convince Michelle to have an affair with him?
9. Why does Sabbath think that Norman and Linc chose to produce his show?
10. What happened at Sabbath's trial for public indecency?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)