|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sabbath think that Norman wants him to tell the story of his arrest?
(a) To stimulate Michelle.
(b) To make Michelle dislike Sabbath.
(c) To convince Michelle to keep Deborah away from Sabbath.
(d) To make Sabbath see the error of his ways.
2. Who does Norman call following Sabbath's fainting spell?
(a) A medical doctor.
(c) A psychiatrist.
3. How does Sabbath think that Michelle earned the money that she hid in her drawer?
(a) By prostituting herself.
(b) By working a second job.
(c) By lying to Norman about how much she earned.
(d) By stealing money out of her and Norman's joint checking account.
4. Why does Sabbath not want to be buried next to Drenka?
(a) He does not want Drenka's lovers visiting both of their graves.
(b) He does not want to take Matija's place.
(c) He does not think that Matthew would allow it.
(d) He would feel more comfortable in a Jewish cemetery.
5. How is Norman described when Sabbath sees him?
(a) He has aged even worse than Sabbath.
(b) He looks okay for his age.
(c) He looks great and has not aged a day.
(d) He has aged well and looks stately.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Sabbath take vodka to the hospital?
2. What does Sabbath think that Michelle is trying to communicate to him by what she is wearing?
3. Why does Sabbath refuse to read the newspapers that Norman gives him?
4. What is Sabbath looking for at the beginning of Part 8?
5. Which of the following historical figures does Sabbath mention when Michelle asks him why he pushes everyone away?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Roseanna do when she found out about the scandal that caused Sabbath to lose his job?
2. What is contained in the note that Norman leaves on the table for Sabbath on the first morning of his stay?
3. When Rosa arrives, what is Sabbath's excuse for the mess that he has made with Deborah's clothes?
4. How does Sabbath locate the cemetery where his parents are buried?
5. What are some of the items that Sabbath finds in the box containing Morty's possessions?
6. What does Sabbath do after opening the box of Morty's possessions?
7. On the first night of his stay with the Cowans, why is Sabbath in such a good mood at dinner?
8. In Part 6, why does Sabbath liken himself to Rip Van Winkle?
9. What does Sabbath notice about his family's graves?
10. Why does Norman throw Sabbath out of his home?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)