|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sabbath stop to ask questions when he cannot find the place that he seeks?
(a) A gas station.
(b) A police station.
(c) A supermarket.
(d) A car rental shop.
2. Why does Sabbath think that Michelle is cheating on Norman?
(a) Because Norman has told Sabbath that he thinks that Michelle is cheating.
(b) Because a man has called during the day, looking for Michelle.
(c) Because Norman has confessed that the medication he takes for depression is hard on his libido.
(d) Because Michelle flirts with Sabbath.
3. How does Sabbath feel about his family plot being filled?
4. How does Sabbath feel when he enters the Jewish cemetery?
(a) He feels uncomfortable.
(b) He feels overwhelmed.
(c) He is flooded with memories.
(d) He feels peaceful.
5. What does Sabbath start carrying in his pants pocket?
(a) Roseanna's Alcoholics Anonymous medallion.
(b) Deborah's picture.
(c) Drenka's hair ribbon.
(d) A pair of Deborah's underwear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sabbath go after visiting Roseanna at the hospital?
2. What does Sabbath do while riding the subway at the beginning of Part 6?
3. What does Sabbath see in Fish's house?
4. According to what he tells Michelle, why does Sabbath think that Norman has remained friends with him?
5. Which of the following items did Sabbath keep locked away in a file cabinet at the college where he worked?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part 8, why does Sabbath go to the cemetery?
2. How does Norman react to Sabbath when he first sees him again?
3. To whom does Sabbath link himself in the obituary that he composes on the subway?
4. What does Rosa give Sabbath hoping that he will not kill her?
5. Who was Helen Trumbull?
6. How does Sabbath convince Michelle to have an affair with him?
7. Why does Norman throw Sabbath out of his home?
8. What are some of the items that Sabbath finds in the box containing Morty's possessions?
9. On the first night of his stay with the Cowans, why is Sabbath in such a good mood at dinner?
10. Why are a few pages of Part 6 written without punctuation?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)