|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was the 1989 scandal made public?
(a) The girl whom Sabbath had sexually harassed left a tape of their conversations in the library.
(b) The human resources office checked on the validity of Sabbath's degree.
(c) Students' parents called to complain about Sabbath.
(d) Sabbath's students went to the dean to complain about him.
2. Who does Norman call following Sabbath's fainting spell?
(a) A medical doctor.
(c) A psychiatrist.
3. How did Roseanna react when she first found out about the scandal concerning Sabbath?
(a) She tried to commit suicide with painkillers.
(b) She drove her car into a boulder, and then laid down on the road.
(c) She started slapping and punching Sabbath.
(d) In a rage, she went to Kathy's house to confront her.
4. When Rosa tries to comfort Sabbath as he weeps, what does he think that she is going to attempt to do?
(a) Rape him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Rob him.
5. How does Sabbath proposition Michelle to have an affair with him?
(a) He tells her that no other man would want her because of her age.
(b) He reminds her of Norman's diminished libido, and brags about his own experiences.
(c) He references her profession as an orthodontist, and asks her to check his teeth.
(d) He threatens to blackmail her with the Polaroids that he has found.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sabbath think that Michelle earned the money that she hid in her drawer?
2. What does Sabbath think that Michelle is trying to communicate to him by what she is wearing?
3. Where does Sabbath stop to ask questions when he cannot find the place that he seeks?
4. Which of the following does Sabbath do before leaving the cemetery?
5. Which of the following items did Sabbath keep locked away in a file cabinet at the college where he worked?
Short Essay Questions
1. To whom does Sabbath link himself in the obituary that he composes on the subway?
2. How does Sabbath convince Michelle to have an affair with him?
3. Why was Sabbath escorted off the grounds by security when he went to visit Roseanna at the psychiatric hospital?
4. In Part 6, why does Sabbath liken himself to Rip Van Winkle?
5. What happened at Sabbath's trial for public indecency?
6. When Rosa arrives, what is Sabbath's excuse for the mess that he has made with Deborah's clothes?
7. What story does Norman encourage Sabbath to tell Michelle at dinner?
8. What is contained in the note that Norman leaves on the table for Sabbath on the first morning of his stay?
9. What did Roseanna do when she found out about the scandal that caused Sabbath to lose his job?
10. Why does Norman invite Sabbath to stay with him?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)