|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Sabbath take vodka to the hospital?
(a) Because he was planning on drinking it himself while he was there.
(b) Because he wanted to sabotage Roseanna's treatment.
(c) Because Roseanna begged him to take it.
(d) Because a young female patient agreed to have sex with him in exchange for it.
2. What does Michelle say about Helen as Sabbath is telling his story?
(a) That Helen must have been promiscuous if she did not mind what Sabbath did.
(b) That Helen was brave, and reminds Michelle of her daughter.
(c) That Helen should have filed charges against Sabbath.
(d) That Helen reminds Michelle of what she was like at that age.
3. While on the subway in New York, from which of the following plays does Sabbath recite lines?
(a) The Merchant of Venice.
(b) King Lear.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
4. What patriotic item which belonged to Morty does Sabbath discover?
(a) A draft card.
(b) A red, white, and blue yarmulke.
(c) A gold coin.
(d) A newspaper from D-Day.
5. Who is Fish?
(a) Sabbath's cousin.
(b) Morty's high school friend.
(c) Sabbath's uncle.
(d) Drenka's doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Part 8, Sabbath finds letters written by whom?
2. Which of the following reasons is Sabbath's justification for taking the money and pictures upon fleeing Norman's house?
3. What excuse does Sabbath give Rosa for having gone through Deborah's drawers?
4. According to what he tells Michelle, why does Sabbath think that Norman has remained friends with him?
5. How does Sabbath proposition Michelle to have an affair with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. To whom does Sabbath link himself in the obituary that he composes on the subway?
2. What are some of the items that Sabbath finds in the box containing Morty's possessions?
3. How does Sabbath locate the cemetery where his parents are buried?
4. What was the scandal that caused Sabbath to lose his job at the college?
5. What does Sabbath notice about his family's graves?
6. Why does Norman invite Sabbath to stay with him?
7. In Part 6, why does Sabbath liken himself to Rip Van Winkle?
8. Why does Norman throw Sabbath out of his home?
9. What happened at Sabbath's trial for public indecency?
10. On the first night of his stay with the Cowans, why is Sabbath in such a good mood at dinner?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)