|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to what he tells Michelle, why does Sabbath think that Norman has remained friends with him?
(a) Because Norman does not realize the full extent of the terrible things that Sabbath has done.
(b) Because Norman feels sorry for Sabbath and wants to help him.
(c) Because well-bred people often need friends like Sabbath so that they can enjoy the seamy side of life without indulging in it personally.
(d) Because Norman feels that it is his Christian duty to help Sabbath.
2. Which of the following was in the three-ring binder that Roseanna asked Sabbath to bring to her while she was in the psychiatric hospital?
(a) Notes from Roseanna's students.
(b) Roseanna's typed diary chronicling the last three years.
(c) Letters from her father that had been written just before his suicide.
(d) A manuscript that Roseanna wanted to finish writing.
3. How does Norman view Sabbath?
(a) With pity.
(b) With shame.
(c) With fear.
(d) With reverence.
4. Why did Sabbath feel that he had lost his job over the scandal?
(a) Because the world has it in for American men.
(b) Because there was a lesson for him to learn by getting into trouble with Kathy.
(c) Because he chose the wrong student with whom to have such a relationship.
(d) Because the college was already looking for a reason to fire him.
5. Why does Norman insist that Sabbath stay with him?
(a) Because he knows that Sabbath does not have any money.
(b) Because he fears that Sabbath is contemplating suicide.
(c) Because he knows that he would feel guilty if he did not allow Sabbath to stay.
(d) Because he is worried that Matthew is trying to kill Sabbath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sabbath ponder doing as he gives Michelle his clothes?
2. Which of the following reasons is Sabbath's justification for taking the money and pictures upon fleeing Norman's house?
3. What is Sabbath's reply when Michelle tells him how highly Norman spoke of him?
4. Why does Norman make Sabbath leave his home?
5. At the beginning of Part 6, Sabbath is likened to which of the following fictional characters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Norman invite Sabbath to stay with him?
2. Why does Norman throw Sabbath out of his home?
3. Why does Sabbath think that Norman and Linc chose to produce his show?
4. What is contained in the note that Norman leaves on the table for Sabbath on the first morning of his stay?
5. How does Norman react to Sabbath when he first sees him again?
6. What does Sabbath do after opening the box of Morty's possessions?
7. What are some of the items that Sabbath finds in the box containing Morty's possessions?
8. What happened at Sabbath's trial for public indecency?
9. In Part 8, why does Sabbath go to the cemetery?
10. What does Sabbath notice in Fish's house?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)