|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rosa tries to comfort Sabbath as he weeps, what does he think that she is going to attempt to do?
(a) Rape him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Rob him.
2. In Part 7, which of the following items is Michelle wearing when she goes in to see Sabbath in Part 7?
(a) A bathrobe.
(b) A towel.
(c) A silk nightgown.
(d) A kimono.
3. Which of the following does Sabbath do before leaving the cemetery?
(a) He pays for his plot and funeral.
(b) He cleans his family members' headstones.
(c) He prays for his family.
(d) He searches for the graves of people with whom he went to school.
4. What excuse does Sabbath give Rosa for having gone through Deborah's drawers?
(a) He was looking for money.
(b) He wanted to organize Deborah's clothes for her.
(c) He was looking for his glass eye.
(d) He was making a place to put his own clothes.
5. What does Michelle say about Helen as Sabbath is telling his story?
(a) That Helen should have filed charges against Sabbath.
(b) That Helen reminds Michelle of what she was like at that age.
(c) That Helen must have been promiscuous if she did not mind what Sabbath did.
(d) That Helen was brave, and reminds Michelle of her daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sabbath think that Michelle is cheating on Norman?
2. Which of the following reasons is Sabbath's justification for taking the money and pictures upon fleeing Norman's house?
3. What does Sabbath think that Michelle is trying to communicate to him by what she is wearing?
4. According to what he tells Norman, what bothers Sabbath about his decision to leave New York?
5. What does Sabbath say when Norman catches him with Deborah's picture?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rosa give Sabbath hoping that he will not kill her?
2. Why are a few pages of Part 6 written without punctuation?
3. What happened at Sabbath's trial for public indecency?
4. Why was Sabbath escorted off the grounds by security when he went to visit Roseanna at the psychiatric hospital?
5. Why does Norman throw Sabbath out of his home?
6. What was the scandal that caused Sabbath to lose his job at the college?
7. Why does Norman invite Sabbath to stay with him?
8. What does Sabbath do after opening the box of Morty's possessions?
9. How does Sabbath locate the cemetery where his parents are buried?
10. In Part 8, why does Sabbath go to the cemetery?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)