|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was in the three-ring binder that Roseanna asked Sabbath to bring to her while she was in the psychiatric hospital?
(a) A manuscript that Roseanna wanted to finish writing.
(b) Roseanna's typed diary chronicling the last three years.
(c) Notes from Roseanna's students.
(d) Letters from her father that had been written just before his suicide.
2. Which of the following does Roseanna allude to when she talks to Sabbath in her hospital room?
(b) Her brother's death.
(c) Killing Sabbath.
(d) Her father molesting her.
3. How old was Sabbath when his brother, Morty died?
4. What does Sabbath ponder doing as he gives Michelle his clothes?
(a) Forcing her to tell him where she keeps her jewelry and Norman's gun.
(b) Pushing Norman out the window, and taking all of his possessions, along with his family.
(c) Kidnapping her and leaving the state.
(d) Raping her.
5. Is Sabbath's breakdown in front of Norman staged or real?
(a) It is staged.
(b) It is real.
(c) Sabbath is not sure.
(d) It starts as a show, but then spirals out of control.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his first morning at Norman's, what does Sabbath consider as a potential reason to live?
2. According to what he tells Norman, what bothers Sabbath about his decision to leave New York?
3. What is Sabbath's reply when Michelle tells him how highly Norman spoke of him?
4. What does Sabbath see in Fish's house?
5. What does Sabbath do while riding the subway at the beginning of Part 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Rosa arrives, what is Sabbath's excuse for the mess that he has made with Deborah's clothes?
2. What are some of the items that Sabbath finds in the box containing Morty's possessions?
3. What is contained in the note that Norman leaves on the table for Sabbath on the first morning of his stay?
4. How does Sabbath convince Michelle to have an affair with him?
5. On the first night of his stay with the Cowans, why is Sabbath in such a good mood at dinner?
6. Why does Norman invite Sabbath to stay with him?
7. What happened at Sabbath's trial for public indecency?
8. What did Roseanna do when she found out about the scandal that caused Sabbath to lose his job?
9. What does Sabbath notice about his family's graves?
10. In Part 6, why does Sabbath liken himself to Rip Van Winkle?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)