|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sabbath see in Fish's house?
(a) Morty's guitar.
(b) His father's hunting trophy.
(c) His old record player.
(d) His mother's sideboard.
2. Who does Norman call following Sabbath's fainting spell?
(c) A psychiatrist.
(d) A medical doctor.
3. According to what he tells Michelle, why does Sabbath think that Norman has remained friends with him?
(a) Because Norman does not realize the full extent of the terrible things that Sabbath has done.
(b) Because well-bred people often need friends like Sabbath so that they can enjoy the seamy side of life without indulging in it personally.
(c) Because Norman feels that it is his Christian duty to help Sabbath.
(d) Because Norman feels sorry for Sabbath and wants to help him.
4. How does Sabbath feel when he enters the Jewish cemetery?
(a) He feels peaceful.
(b) He feels overwhelmed.
(c) He is flooded with memories.
(d) He feels uncomfortable.
5. Why did Sabbath lose his job at the college in 1989?
(a) He was too profane in his lecturing.
(b) He was accused of sexually harassing a student.
(c) He showed up for classes late, and smelling of alcohol.
(d) The college found out his credentials were fake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Crawford say about Sabbath's family?
2. While on the subway in New York, from which of the following plays does Sabbath recite lines?
3. At the end of Part 8, Sabbath finds letters written by whom?
4. One of the patients at the hospital where Roseanna was staying referred to Sabbath by the name of which of the following gods?
5. How is Norman described when Sabbath sees him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rosa give Sabbath hoping that he will not kill her?
2. Why are a few pages of Part 6 written without punctuation?
3. Why does Sabbath think that Norman and Linc chose to produce his show?
4. Why does Norman throw Sabbath out of his home?
5. To whom does Sabbath link himself in the obituary that he composes on the subway?
6. In Part 6, why does Sabbath liken himself to Rip Van Winkle?
7. What does Sabbath do after opening the box of Morty's possessions?
8. Why does Norman invite Sabbath to stay with him?
9. Why was Sabbath escorted off the grounds by security when he went to visit Roseanna at the psychiatric hospital?
10. What does Sabbath notice about his family's graves?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)