|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sabbath looking for at the beginning of Part 8?
(a) Christa's address.
(b) The cemetery where his mother is buried.
(c) Nikki's phone number.
(d) Dr. Graves' office.
2. According to what he tells Norman, what bothers Sabbath about his decision to leave New York?
(a) That Nikki did not have a way of finding him after he left New York.
(b) That he wonders how successful he might have been as a director.
(c) That he misses his old job.
(d) That he left a lot of things unfinished.
3. At the beginning of Part 6, Sabbath is likened to which of the following fictional characters?
(a) Rip Van Winkle.
(d) Prince Charming.
4. How does Sabbath proposition Michelle to have an affair with him?
(a) He tells her that no other man would want her because of her age.
(b) He threatens to blackmail her with the Polaroids that he has found.
(c) He reminds her of Norman's diminished libido, and brags about his own experiences.
(d) He references her profession as an orthodontist, and asks her to check his teeth.
5. How was the 1989 scandal made public?
(a) Sabbath's students went to the dean to complain about him.
(b) The girl whom Sabbath had sexually harassed left a tape of their conversations in the library.
(c) Students' parents called to complain about Sabbath.
(d) The human resources office checked on the validity of Sabbath's degree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the first thing that Sabbath does when he is alone in Deborah's bedroom?
2. Why does Sabbath think that Norman is throwing him out?
3. When Rosa tries to comfort Sabbath as he weeps, what does he think that she is going to attempt to do?
4. Who is Fish?
5. What happened when Sabbath took vodka to the hospital where Roseanna was being treated?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Norman invite Sabbath to stay with him?
2. What does Sabbath notice about his family's graves?
3. Why are a few pages of Part 6 written without punctuation?
4. What happened at Sabbath's trial for public indecency?
5. In Part 6, why does Sabbath liken himself to Rip Van Winkle?
6. Why does Norman throw Sabbath out of his home?
7. Why was Sabbath escorted off the grounds by security when he went to visit Roseanna at the psychiatric hospital?
8. How does Sabbath convince Michelle to have an affair with him?
9. Who was Helen Trumbull?
10. What are some of the items that Sabbath finds in the box containing Morty's possessions?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)