|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sabbath feel when he enters the Jewish cemetery?
(a) He feels uncomfortable.
(b) He feels peaceful.
(c) He is flooded with memories.
(d) He feels overwhelmed.
2. What does Sabbath ponder doing as he gives Michelle his clothes?
(a) Kidnapping her and leaving the state.
(b) Pushing Norman out the window, and taking all of his possessions, along with his family.
(c) Forcing her to tell him where she keeps her jewelry and Norman's gun.
(d) Raping her.
3. Who occupies the space next to Sabbath's mother?
(a) His mother's brother.
(b) His mother's sister.
(c) His father's sister.
(d) His sister.
4. Due to which of the following realizations does Sabbath claim that he fainted when Norman kicked him out?
(a) Due to the realization that he did not have any money and nowhere to go.
(b) Due to the realization that he still had the beggar's cup in his pocket, and he thought that he had lost Michelle over that.
(c) Due to the realization that his plot to blackmail Norman with Michelle's Polaroids would never come to fruition.
(d) Due to the realization that he no longer had access to Norman's good food and comfortable lifestyle.
5. Which of the following reasons is Sabbath's justification for taking the money and pictures upon fleeing Norman's house?
(a) Norman has plenty of money and can always get more pictures of Michelle.
(b) Sabbath plans on returning them at some point.
(c) Sabbath needs them more than Norman does.
(d) Seeing them would destroy Norman.
6. Who is Fish?
(a) Sabbath's cousin.
(b) Sabbath's uncle.
(c) Drenka's doctor.
(d) Morty's high school friend.
7. How was the 1989 scandal made public?
(a) The human resources office checked on the validity of Sabbath's degree.
(b) Sabbath's students went to the dean to complain about him.
(c) The girl whom Sabbath had sexually harassed left a tape of their conversations in the library.
(d) Students' parents called to complain about Sabbath.
8. Which of the following is in the other envelope that Rosa pulls out of Michelle's drawer?
(b) Love letters from Michelle's first husband.
(c) Pictures of Michelle in lingerie.
(d) Plane tickets.
9. How does Norman view Sabbath?
(a) With pity.
(b) With fear.
(c) With shame.
(d) With reverence.
10. How does Sabbath feel about his family plot being filled?
11. What did Helen Trumbull (the girl whose breast Sabbath touched during one of his shows) tell the police officer who arrived to arrest Sabbath?
(a) That she wanted to file charges against Sabbath for sexual assault.
(b) That she was been horrified and unable to flee the stage.
(c) That Sabbath had paid her for her performance.
(d) That she allowed Sabbath to do it as part of his act.
12. What patriotic item which belonged to Morty does Sabbath discover?
(a) A draft card.
(b) A newspaper from D-Day.
(c) A red, white, and blue yarmulke.
(d) A gold coin.
13. Which of the following does Sabbath do before leaving the cemetery?
(a) He pays for his plot and funeral.
(b) He prays for his family.
(c) He cleans his family members' headstones.
(d) He searches for the graves of people with whom he went to school.
14. At the beginning of Part 6, Sabbath is likened to which of the following fictional characters?
(c) Rip Van Winkle.
(d) Prince Charming.
15. How did Roseanna react when she first found out about the scandal concerning Sabbath?
(a) In a rage, she went to Kathy's house to confront her.
(b) She started slapping and punching Sabbath.
(c) She tried to commit suicide with painkillers.
(d) She drove her car into a boulder, and then laid down on the road.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Roseanna allude to when she talks to Sabbath in her hospital room?
2. Why does Norman insist that Sabbath stay with him?
3. What does Sabbath do while riding the subway at the beginning of Part 6?
4. Where did Sabbath go after visiting Roseanna at the hospital?
5. While watching the beggars on the street, Sabbath thinks that he has failed as a street performer because he has not done which of the following?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)