|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Norman insist that Sabbath stay with him?
(a) Because he is worried that Matthew is trying to kill Sabbath.
(b) Because he knows that Sabbath does not have any money.
(c) Because he knows that he would feel guilty if he did not allow Sabbath to stay.
(d) Because he fears that Sabbath is contemplating suicide.
2. How does Sabbath feel about his family plot being filled?
3. What does Crawford say about Sabbath's family?
(a) He likes them.
(b) He does not remember them.
(c) He remembers them.
(d) He dislikes them.
4. Due to which of the following realizations does Sabbath claim that he fainted when Norman kicked him out?
(a) Due to the realization that his plot to blackmail Norman with Michelle's Polaroids would never come to fruition.
(b) Due to the realization that he did not have any money and nowhere to go.
(c) Due to the realization that he no longer had access to Norman's good food and comfortable lifestyle.
(d) Due to the realization that he still had the beggar's cup in his pocket, and he thought that he had lost Michelle over that.
5. Why does Sabbath refuse to read the newspapers that Norman gives him?
(a) Because they often portray the Japanese in a positive light.
(b) Because he does not want to look at the obituaries.
(c) Because he is afraid that there will be a story about him.
(d) Because he does not want to get newsprint on his hands.
6. Which of the following is on top of the headstones belonging to Sabbath's grandparents?
(a) An American flag.
(c) A candle.
7. What is Sabbath looking for at the beginning of Part 8?
(a) Christa's address.
(b) The cemetery where his mother is buried.
(c) Dr. Graves' office.
(d) Nikki's phone number.
8. What does Sabbath think that Michelle is trying to communicate to him by what she is wearing?
(a) That she wants him to respect her more.
(b) That she is not interested in him sexually.
(c) That she has decided to have an affair with him.
(d) That she is a nurturing, motherly type.
9. At the end of Part 8, what does Sabbath do at the beach?
(a) He washes his filthy clothes in the ocean.
(b) He feeds the sea gulls.
(c) He collects seashells.
(d) He cries for his brother.
10. In Part 7, which of the following items is Michelle wearing when she goes in to see Sabbath in Part 7?
(a) A bathrobe.
(b) A kimono.
(c) A silk nightgown.
(d) A towel.
11. Which of the following historical figures does Sabbath mention when Michelle asks him why he pushes everyone away?
(a) Vlad the Impaler.
(d) The Marquis de Sade.
12. What does Sabbath ponder doing as he gives Michelle his clothes?
(a) Forcing her to tell him where she keeps her jewelry and Norman's gun.
(b) Raping her.
(c) Kidnapping her and leaving the state.
(d) Pushing Norman out the window, and taking all of his possessions, along with his family.
13. At the end of Part 8, Sabbath finds letters written by whom?
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
14. How does Sabbath feel when he enters the Jewish cemetery?
(a) He is flooded with memories.
(b) He feels overwhelmed.
(c) He feels uncomfortable.
(d) He feels peaceful.
15. Why does Norman make Sabbath leave his home?
(a) Because Rosa complains to Norman about the way that Sabbath has treated her.
(b) Because Michelle finds a bag of crack and Deborah's panties in Sabbath's pocket.
(c) Because Norman is suspicious of Sabbath's plot to kill him.
(d) Because Norman finds out that Sabbath has stolen some of his cash.
Short Answer Questions
1. While watching the beggars on the street, Sabbath thinks that he has failed as a street performer because he has not done which of the following?
2. Which of the following does Sabbath do before leaving the cemetery?
3. When Rosa tries to comfort Sabbath as he weeps, what does he think that she is going to attempt to do?
4. Which of the following was in the three-ring binder that Roseanna asked Sabbath to bring to her while she was in the psychiatric hospital?
5. Which of the following is Sabbath's reasoning for why Linc and Norman were so kind and helpful to him?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)