|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During which of the following months was Morty killed?
2. What does Sabbath take upon leaving Fish's house?
(a) Letters from his mother.
(b) A box of Morty's possessions.
(c) Some food.
(d) A few dollars.
3. What does Crawford say about Sabbath's family?
(a) He remembers them.
(b) He dislikes them.
(c) He does not remember them.
(d) He likes them.
4. Why does Sabbath think that Norman is throwing him out?
(a) Because Deborah is coming home soon.
(b) Because Norman is afraid that Sabbath will sleep with Michelle.
(c) Because Sabbath is a slob, and does not clean up after himself.
(d) Because Norman's co-workers are giving him trouble about having Sabbath in his home.
5. Why does Sabbath begin to cry while sitting at Norman's table?
(a) Because he realizes how much he misses Nikki.
(b) Because the full impact of Drenka's death finally hits him.
(c) Because he thinks of all his miseries, and feels sorry for himself.
(d) Because he begins to regret his decision to leave Roseanna.
6. How does Sabbath find the place that he seeks?
(a) He finds someone who knows Christa.
(b) He purchases a map.
(c) He stumbles upon a funeral procession that leads him there.
(d) He gets directions.
7. Why does Norman insist that Sabbath stay with him?
(a) Because he knows that Sabbath does not have any money.
(b) Because he fears that Sabbath is contemplating suicide.
(c) Because he is worried that Matthew is trying to kill Sabbath.
(d) Because he knows that he would feel guilty if he did not allow Sabbath to stay.
8. How did Roseanna react when she first found out about the scandal concerning Sabbath?
(a) She started slapping and punching Sabbath.
(b) She tried to commit suicide with painkillers.
(c) In a rage, she went to Kathy's house to confront her.
(d) She drove her car into a boulder, and then laid down on the road.
9. Why does Sabbath refuse to read the newspapers that Norman gives him?
(a) Because he does not want to look at the obituaries.
(b) Because he is afraid that there will be a story about him.
(c) Because he does not want to get newsprint on his hands.
(d) Because they often portray the Japanese in a positive light.
10. Who does Norman call following Sabbath's fainting spell?
(a) A psychiatrist.
(b) A medical doctor.
11. Which of the following is Sabbath's reasoning for why Linc and Norman were so kind and helpful to him?
(a) They felt sorry for Sabbath.
(b) They were successful and wealthy, and they got a thrill from producing an act as illicit as Sabbath's.
(c) They liked Nikki, and wanted Sabbath to succeed for her sake.
(d) They wanted to give something back to their community.
12. At the beginning of Part 6, Sabbath is likened to which of the following fictional characters?
(a) Prince Charming.
(d) Rip Van Winkle.
13. Who is Fish?
(a) Morty's high school friend.
(b) Sabbath's uncle.
(c) Drenka's doctor.
(d) Sabbath's cousin.
14. Where did Sabbath go after visiting Roseanna at the hospital?
(a) To see Drenka.
(c) To find a prostitute.
(d) To see Kathy.
15. When Rosa tries to comfort Sabbath as he weeps, what does he think that she is going to attempt to do?
(a) Rape him.
(b) Rob him.
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michelle say about Helen as Sabbath is telling his story?
2. What does Sabbath ponder doing as he gives Michelle his clothes?
3. What is Sabbath's reply when Michelle tells him how highly Norman spoke of him?
4. Which of the following is on top of the headstones belonging to Sabbath's grandparents?
5. Who is Rosa?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)