|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sabbath do while riding the subway at the beginning of Part 6?
(a) He mentally writes his own obituary.
(b) He looks at all the girls, and tries to decide which one to seduce.
(c) He writes a letter to Matija.
(d) He has a conversation with a homeless man.
2. During his first morning at Norman's, what does Sabbath consider as a potential reason to live?
(a) Roseanna calls and asks him to come home.
(b) He receives a job offer in New York.
(c) Norman gives him money.
(d) Deborah comes home.
3. One of the patients at the hospital where Roseanna was staying referred to Sabbath by the name of which of the following gods?
4. What excuse does Sabbath give Rosa for having gone through Deborah's drawers?
(a) He was looking for money.
(b) He was making a place to put his own clothes.
(c) He wanted to organize Deborah's clothes for her.
(d) He was looking for his glass eye.
5. How was the 1989 scandal made public?
(a) The human resources office checked on the validity of Sabbath's degree.
(b) The girl whom Sabbath had sexually harassed left a tape of their conversations in the library.
(c) Students' parents called to complain about Sabbath.
(d) Sabbath's students went to the dean to complain about him.
6. How does Sabbath feel when he enters the Jewish cemetery?
(a) He feels overwhelmed.
(b) He feels peaceful.
(c) He is flooded with memories.
(d) He feels uncomfortable.
7. What does Sabbath see in Fish's house?
(a) His mother's sideboard.
(b) Morty's guitar.
(c) His father's hunting trophy.
(d) His old record player.
8. What does Michelle say about Helen as Sabbath is telling his story?
(a) That Helen reminds Michelle of what she was like at that age.
(b) That Helen was brave, and reminds Michelle of her daughter.
(c) That Helen should have filed charges against Sabbath.
(d) That Helen must have been promiscuous if she did not mind what Sabbath did.
9. How does Sabbath respond when Norman takes his hand?
(a) Sabbath sits and stares at Norman in a dumbfounded way.
(b) Sabbath wonders how much money he can convince Norman to give him.
(c) Sabbath pulls away from Norman and runs out the door.
(d) Sabbath thinks that he can parlay Norman's sympathy into at least a week's stay.
10. What is Sabbath's reply when Michelle tells him how highly Norman spoke of him?
(a) Sabbath interrupts Michelle and changes the subject.
(b) Sabbath does not care what Norman thinks; he only wants to know what Michelle thinks.
(c) Norman says those things to justify having someone of a lower social class at his dinner table.
(d) Sabbath is surprised that Norman thinks so highly of him.
11. How old was Sabbath when his brother, Morty died?
12. Why does Norman insist that Sabbath stay with him?
(a) Because he knows that he would feel guilty if he did not allow Sabbath to stay.
(b) Because he knows that Sabbath does not have any money.
(c) Because he is worried that Matthew is trying to kill Sabbath.
(d) Because he fears that Sabbath is contemplating suicide.
13. What is Sabbath looking for at the beginning of Part 8?
(a) Christa's address.
(b) The cemetery where his mother is buried.
(c) Nikki's phone number.
(d) Dr. Graves' office.
14. Who is Fish?
(a) Sabbath's cousin.
(b) Drenka's doctor.
(c) Sabbath's uncle.
(d) Morty's high school friend.
15. Which of the following is in the other envelope that Rosa pulls out of Michelle's drawer?
(a) Plane tickets.
(b) Pictures of Michelle in lingerie.
(c) Love letters from Michelle's first husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to what he tells Michelle, why does Sabbath think that Norman has remained friends with him?
2. What patriotic item which belonged to Morty does Sabbath discover?
3. While watching the beggars on the street, Sabbath thinks that he has failed as a street performer because he has not done which of the following?
4. Which of the following is the first thing that Sabbath does when he is alone in Deborah's bedroom?
5. Who occupies the space next to Sabbath's mother?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)