|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During which of the following months was Morty killed?
2. What is Sabbath looking for at the beginning of Part 8?
(a) Christa's address.
(b) The cemetery where his mother is buried.
(c) Nikki's phone number.
(d) Dr. Graves' office.
3. How does Sabbath find the place that he seeks?
(a) He finds someone who knows Christa.
(b) He purchases a map.
(c) He gets directions.
(d) He stumbles upon a funeral procession that leads him there.
4. Which of the following is in the other envelope that Rosa pulls out of Michelle's drawer?
(b) Plane tickets.
(c) Pictures of Michelle in lingerie.
(d) Love letters from Michelle's first husband.
5. What does Sabbath see in Fish's house?
(a) His father's hunting trophy.
(b) Morty's guitar.
(c) His old record player.
(d) His mother's sideboard.
6. According to what he tells Norman, what bothers Sabbath about his decision to leave New York?
(a) That he left a lot of things unfinished.
(b) That he misses his old job.
(c) That Nikki did not have a way of finding him after he left New York.
(d) That he wonders how successful he might have been as a director.
7. Which of the following was in the three-ring binder that Roseanna asked Sabbath to bring to her while she was in the psychiatric hospital?
(a) Notes from Roseanna's students.
(b) A manuscript that Roseanna wanted to finish writing.
(c) Letters from her father that had been written just before his suicide.
(d) Roseanna's typed diary chronicling the last three years.
8. How is Norman described when Sabbath sees him?
(a) He has aged even worse than Sabbath.
(b) He has aged well and looks stately.
(c) He looks okay for his age.
(d) He looks great and has not aged a day.
9. When Rosa tries to comfort Sabbath as he weeps, what does he think that she is going to attempt to do?
(a) Kiss him.
(b) Rob him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Rape him.
10. How does Sabbath feel about his family plot being filled?
11. At the end of Part 8, Sabbath finds letters written by whom?
(b) His mother.
(d) His father.
12. How does Sabbath respond when Norman takes his hand?
(a) Sabbath thinks that he can parlay Norman's sympathy into at least a week's stay.
(b) Sabbath wonders how much money he can convince Norman to give him.
(c) Sabbath sits and stares at Norman in a dumbfounded way.
(d) Sabbath pulls away from Norman and runs out the door.
13. Who is Fish?
(a) Sabbath's cousin.
(b) Sabbath's uncle.
(c) Drenka's doctor.
(d) Morty's high school friend.
14. Who is Crawford?
(a) The psychiatrist to whom Norman referred.
(b) The caretaker of the graveyard where Sabbath's family plot is located.
(c) One of Sabbath's former co-workers.
(d) Christa's husband.
15. How old was Sabbath when his brother, Morty died?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sabbath think that Michelle is trying to communicate to him by what she is wearing?
2. Which of the following does Sabbath do before leaving the cemetery?
3. Which of the following reasons is Sabbath's justification for taking the money and pictures upon fleeing Norman's house?
4. What does Sabbath start carrying in his pants pocket?
5. Why does Sabbath think that Norman wants him to tell the story of his arrest?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)