|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sabbath feel when he enters the Jewish cemetery?
(a) He feels overwhelmed.
(b) He feels uncomfortable.
(c) He is flooded with memories.
(d) He feels peaceful.
2. Where did Sabbath go after visiting Roseanna at the hospital?
(b) To see Kathy.
(c) To find a prostitute.
(d) To see Drenka.
3. When Rosa tries to comfort Sabbath as he weeps, what does he think that she is going to attempt to do?
(a) Rob him.
(b) Rape him.
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Kill him.
4. Why did Sabbath lose his job at the college in 1989?
(a) He was accused of sexually harassing a student.
(b) The college found out his credentials were fake.
(c) He was too profane in his lecturing.
(d) He showed up for classes late, and smelling of alcohol.
5. Why does Norman insist that Sabbath stay with him?
(a) Because he fears that Sabbath is contemplating suicide.
(b) Because he knows that Sabbath does not have any money.
(c) Because he is worried that Matthew is trying to kill Sabbath.
(d) Because he knows that he would feel guilty if he did not allow Sabbath to stay.
6. Where does Sabbath stop to ask questions when he cannot find the place that he seeks?
(a) A supermarket.
(b) A gas station.
(c) A car rental shop.
(d) A police station.
7. At the beginning of Part 6, Sabbath is likened to which of the following fictional characters?
(a) Rip Van Winkle.
(b) Prince Charming.
8. Who is Rosa?
(a) Deborah's cousin.
(b) Norman's daughter.
(c) Norman's maid.
(d) Norman's wife.
9. During which of the following months was Morty killed?
10. Why does Sabbath think that Michelle is cheating on Norman?
(a) Because Michelle flirts with Sabbath.
(b) Because a man has called during the day, looking for Michelle.
(c) Because Norman has confessed that the medication he takes for depression is hard on his libido.
(d) Because Norman has told Sabbath that he thinks that Michelle is cheating.
11. Which of the following does Sabbath do before leaving the cemetery?
(a) He cleans his family members' headstones.
(b) He searches for the graves of people with whom he went to school.
(c) He prays for his family.
(d) He pays for his plot and funeral.
12. Why does Sabbath refuse to read the newspapers that Norman gives him?
(a) Because he does not want to get newsprint on his hands.
(b) Because he is afraid that there will be a story about him.
(c) Because they often portray the Japanese in a positive light.
(d) Because he does not want to look at the obituaries.
13. How does Norman view Sabbath?
(a) With pity.
(b) With fear.
(c) With shame.
(d) With reverence.
14. What happened when Sabbath took vodka to the hospital where Roseanna was being treated?
(a) He was questioned by one of the nurses.
(b) One of the patients beat him up and took it.
(c) He was escorted off the premises by security.
(d) Nothing. No one knew he had vodka.
15. What does Sabbath see in Fish's house?
(a) His old record player.
(b) His father's hunting trophy.
(c) His mother's sideboard.
(d) Morty's guitar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sabbath find the place that he seeks?
2. Who does Norman call following Sabbath's fainting spell?
3. Why does Rosa show Sabbath where Norman's family keeps their money?
4. Which of the following is Sabbath's reasoning for why Linc and Norman were so kind and helpful to him?
5. What did Helen Trumbull (the girl whose breast Sabbath touched during one of his shows) tell the police officer who arrived to arrest Sabbath?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)