|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does Sabbath give Rosa for having gone through Deborah's drawers?
(a) He was making a place to put his own clothes.
(b) He was looking for his glass eye.
(c) He wanted to organize Deborah's clothes for her.
(d) He was looking for money.
2. How was the 1989 scandal made public?
(a) The human resources office checked on the validity of Sabbath's degree.
(b) Students' parents called to complain about Sabbath.
(c) The girl whom Sabbath had sexually harassed left a tape of their conversations in the library.
(d) Sabbath's students went to the dean to complain about him.
3. Which of the following is Sabbath's reasoning for why Linc and Norman were so kind and helpful to him?
(a) They were successful and wealthy, and they got a thrill from producing an act as illicit as Sabbath's.
(b) They liked Nikki, and wanted Sabbath to succeed for her sake.
(c) They wanted to give something back to their community.
(d) They felt sorry for Sabbath.
4. Due to which of the following realizations does Sabbath claim that he fainted when Norman kicked him out?
(a) Due to the realization that he did not have any money and nowhere to go.
(b) Due to the realization that he no longer had access to Norman's good food and comfortable lifestyle.
(c) Due to the realization that he still had the beggar's cup in his pocket, and he thought that he had lost Michelle over that.
(d) Due to the realization that his plot to blackmail Norman with Michelle's Polaroids would never come to fruition.
5. Why does Sabbath think that Michelle is cheating on Norman?
(a) Because Michelle flirts with Sabbath.
(b) Because a man has called during the day, looking for Michelle.
(c) Because Norman has confessed that the medication he takes for depression is hard on his libido.
(d) Because Norman has told Sabbath that he thinks that Michelle is cheating.
6. How did Roseanna react when she first found out about the scandal concerning Sabbath?
(a) In a rage, she went to Kathy's house to confront her.
(b) She started slapping and punching Sabbath.
(c) She drove her car into a boulder, and then laid down on the road.
(d) She tried to commit suicide with painkillers.
7. How does Sabbath feel when he enters the Jewish cemetery?
(a) He is flooded with memories.
(b) He feels uncomfortable.
(c) He feels overwhelmed.
(d) He feels peaceful.
8. Where did Sabbath go after visiting Roseanna at the hospital?
(a) To find a prostitute.
(b) To see Kathy.
(d) To see Drenka.
9. During his first morning at Norman's, what does Sabbath consider as a potential reason to live?
(a) Deborah comes home.
(b) Roseanna calls and asks him to come home.
(c) He receives a job offer in New York.
(d) Norman gives him money.
10. Why did Sabbath lose his job at the college in 1989?
(a) He was accused of sexually harassing a student.
(b) He showed up for classes late, and smelling of alcohol.
(c) He was too profane in his lecturing.
(d) The college found out his credentials were fake.
11. Why does Sabbath begin to cry while sitting at Norman's table?
(a) Because the full impact of Drenka's death finally hits him.
(b) Because he realizes how much he misses Nikki.
(c) Because he begins to regret his decision to leave Roseanna.
(d) Because he thinks of all his miseries, and feels sorry for himself.
12. Which of the following is the first thing that Sabbath does when he is alone in Deborah's bedroom?
(a) He takes a bath.
(b) He tries to climb out a window.
(c) He goes to sleep.
(d) He starts writing his will.
13. What does Michelle say about Helen as Sabbath is telling his story?
(a) That Helen should have filed charges against Sabbath.
(b) That Helen was brave, and reminds Michelle of her daughter.
(c) That Helen reminds Michelle of what she was like at that age.
(d) That Helen must have been promiscuous if she did not mind what Sabbath did.
14. At the end of Part 8, what does Sabbath do at the beach?
(a) He collects seashells.
(b) He washes his filthy clothes in the ocean.
(c) He feeds the sea gulls.
(d) He cries for his brother.
15. Which of the following is in the other envelope that Rosa pulls out of Michelle's drawer?
(b) Pictures of Michelle in lingerie.
(c) Plane tickets.
(d) Love letters from Michelle's first husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Norman call following Sabbath's fainting spell?
2. How does Sabbath think that Michelle earned the money that she hid in her drawer?
3. At the end of Part 8, Sabbath finds letters written by whom?
4. What does Sabbath think that Michelle is trying to communicate to him by what she is wearing?
5. Why does Sabbath think that Norman is throwing him out?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)