|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Norman call following Sabbath's fainting spell?
(a) A psychiatrist.
(b) A medical doctor.
2. What does Sabbath take upon leaving Fish's house?
(a) A box of Morty's possessions.
(b) Some food.
(c) A few dollars.
(d) Letters from his mother.
3. Which of the following items did Sabbath keep locked away in a file cabinet at the college where he worked?
(a) Photographs of his female students.
(b) Tapes of his sexual conversations with students.
(c) Pornographic magazines.
(d) Personal belongings of the women with whom he had slept.
4. Why did Sabbath lose his job at the college in 1989?
(a) He was too profane in his lecturing.
(b) He was accused of sexually harassing a student.
(c) He showed up for classes late, and smelling of alcohol.
(d) The college found out his credentials were fake.
5. Is Sabbath's breakdown in front of Norman staged or real?
(a) It starts as a show, but then spirals out of control.
(b) Sabbath is not sure.
(c) It is real.
(d) It is staged.
6. While watching the beggars on the street, Sabbath thinks that he has failed as a street performer because he has not done which of the following?
(a) Gone far enough in his quest for obscenity.
(b) Had enough money to realize his vision.
(c) Hired actors who are talented enough.
(d) Catered to the more refined tastes of the wealthy people who would actually pay to see his shows.
7. What does Sabbath say when Norman catches him with Deborah's picture?
(a) He tells Norman that she is ugly.
(b) He says that she reminds him of his long-lost daughter.
(c) He asks Norman where she is.
(d) He calls Deborah "sweet".
8. How does Norman view Sabbath?
(a) With pity.
(b) With fear.
(c) With reverence.
(d) With shame.
9. Why did Sabbath feel that he had lost his job over the scandal?
(a) Because there was a lesson for him to learn by getting into trouble with Kathy.
(b) Because he chose the wrong student with whom to have such a relationship.
(c) Because the college was already looking for a reason to fire him.
(d) Because the world has it in for American men.
10. In Part 7, which of the following items is Michelle wearing when she goes in to see Sabbath in Part 7?
(a) A bathrobe.
(b) A kimono.
(c) A silk nightgown.
(d) A towel.
11. How does Sabbath feel about his family plot being filled?
12. At the end of Part 8, what does Sabbath do at the beach?
(a) He cries for his brother.
(b) He collects seashells.
(c) He washes his filthy clothes in the ocean.
(d) He feeds the sea gulls.
13. Which of the following is in the other envelope that Rosa pulls out of Michelle's drawer?
(a) Pictures of Michelle in lingerie.
(b) Love letters from Michelle's first husband.
(d) Plane tickets.
14. At the beginning of Part 6, Sabbath is likened to which of the following fictional characters?
(a) Rip Van Winkle.
(b) Prince Charming.
15. What does Sabbath do while riding the subway at the beginning of Part 6?
(a) He mentally writes his own obituary.
(b) He has a conversation with a homeless man.
(c) He looks at all the girls, and tries to decide which one to seduce.
(d) He writes a letter to Matija.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Part 8, Sabbath finds letters written by whom?
2. How is Norman described when Sabbath sees him?
3. How does Sabbath think that Michelle earned the money that she hid in her drawer?
4. Why does Norman insist that Sabbath stay with him?
5. Which of the following is the first thing that Sabbath does when he is alone in Deborah's bedroom?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)