|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sabbath's reply when Michelle tells him how highly Norman spoke of him?
(a) Sabbath does not care what Norman thinks; he only wants to know what Michelle thinks.
(b) Sabbath is surprised that Norman thinks so highly of him.
(c) Norman says those things to justify having someone of a lower social class at his dinner table.
(d) Sabbath interrupts Michelle and changes the subject.
2. Why does Sabbath think that Norman is throwing him out?
(a) Because Sabbath is a slob, and does not clean up after himself.
(b) Because Deborah is coming home soon.
(c) Because Norman's co-workers are giving him trouble about having Sabbath in his home.
(d) Because Norman is afraid that Sabbath will sleep with Michelle.
3. Why does Norman make Sabbath leave his home?
(a) Because Michelle finds a bag of crack and Deborah's panties in Sabbath's pocket.
(b) Because Norman is suspicious of Sabbath's plot to kill him.
(c) Because Norman finds out that Sabbath has stolen some of his cash.
(d) Because Rosa complains to Norman about the way that Sabbath has treated her.
4. What does Sabbath start carrying in his pants pocket?
(a) A pair of Deborah's underwear.
(b) Roseanna's Alcoholics Anonymous medallion.
(c) Drenka's hair ribbon.
(d) Deborah's picture.
5. What does Sabbath think that Michelle is trying to communicate to him by what she is wearing?
(a) That she wants him to respect her more.
(b) That she has decided to have an affair with him.
(c) That she is a nurturing, motherly type.
(d) That she is not interested in him sexually.
6. How was the 1989 scandal made public?
(a) The human resources office checked on the validity of Sabbath's degree.
(b) Sabbath's students went to the dean to complain about him.
(c) Students' parents called to complain about Sabbath.
(d) The girl whom Sabbath had sexually harassed left a tape of their conversations in the library.
7. Why did Sabbath take vodka to the hospital?
(a) Because a young female patient agreed to have sex with him in exchange for it.
(b) Because he was planning on drinking it himself while he was there.
(c) Because Roseanna begged him to take it.
(d) Because he wanted to sabotage Roseanna's treatment.
8. Which of the following was in the three-ring binder that Roseanna asked Sabbath to bring to her while she was in the psychiatric hospital?
(a) Roseanna's typed diary chronicling the last three years.
(b) Letters from her father that had been written just before his suicide.
(c) A manuscript that Roseanna wanted to finish writing.
(d) Notes from Roseanna's students.
9. Which of the following does Roseanna allude to when she talks to Sabbath in her hospital room?
(a) Her brother's death.
(b) Killing Sabbath.
(c) Her father molesting her.
10. How does Sabbath proposition Michelle to have an affair with him?
(a) He references her profession as an orthodontist, and asks her to check his teeth.
(b) He threatens to blackmail her with the Polaroids that he has found.
(c) He reminds her of Norman's diminished libido, and brags about his own experiences.
(d) He tells her that no other man would want her because of her age.
11. When Rosa tries to comfort Sabbath as he weeps, what does he think that she is going to attempt to do?
(a) Kiss him.
(b) Rape him.
(c) Rob him.
(d) Kill him.
12. At the beginning of Part 6, Sabbath is likened to which of the following fictional characters?
(b) Rip Van Winkle.
(d) Prince Charming.
13. What does Crawford say about Sabbath's family?
(a) He does not remember them.
(b) He dislikes them.
(c) He remembers them.
(d) He likes them.
14. Sabbath is convinced that the young woman he meets on the subway is whose daughter?
15. Which of the following is the first thing that Sabbath does when he is alone in Deborah's bedroom?
(a) He takes a bath.
(b) He starts writing his will.
(c) He goes to sleep.
(d) He tries to climb out a window.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his first morning at Norman's, what does Sabbath consider as a potential reason to live?
2. While watching the beggars on the street, Sabbath thinks that he has failed as a street performer because he has not done which of the following?
3. According to Crawford, who tends the Sabbath family's graves?
4. At the end of Part 8, Sabbath finds letters written by whom?
5. Which of the following is on top of the headstones belonging to Sabbath's grandparents?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)