|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sabbath stop to ask questions when he cannot find the place that he seeks?
(a) A car rental shop.
(b) A supermarket.
(c) A gas station.
(d) A police station.
2. At the end of Part 8, Sabbath finds letters written by whom?
(a) His father.
(d) His mother.
3. How does Sabbath find the place that he seeks?
(a) He gets directions.
(b) He purchases a map.
(c) He stumbles upon a funeral procession that leads him there.
(d) He finds someone who knows Christa.
4. How does Norman view Sabbath?
(a) With shame.
(b) With fear.
(c) With pity.
(d) With reverence.
5. What is Sabbath looking for at the beginning of Part 8?
(a) The cemetery where his mother is buried.
(b) Dr. Graves' office.
(c) Nikki's phone number.
(d) Christa's address.
6. Which of the following items did Sabbath keep locked away in a file cabinet at the college where he worked?
(a) Personal belongings of the women with whom he had slept.
(b) Pornographic magazines.
(c) Photographs of his female students.
(d) Tapes of his sexual conversations with students.
7. According to what he tells Michelle, why does Sabbath think that Norman has remained friends with him?
(a) Because Norman feels sorry for Sabbath and wants to help him.
(b) Because Norman feels that it is his Christian duty to help Sabbath.
(c) Because well-bred people often need friends like Sabbath so that they can enjoy the seamy side of life without indulging in it personally.
(d) Because Norman does not realize the full extent of the terrible things that Sabbath has done.
8. Which of the following is in the other envelope that Rosa pulls out of Michelle's drawer?
(a) Pictures of Michelle in lingerie.
(b) Plane tickets.
(d) Love letters from Michelle's first husband.
9. Why does Sabbath begin to cry while sitting at Norman's table?
(a) Because he realizes how much he misses Nikki.
(b) Because he thinks of all his miseries, and feels sorry for himself.
(c) Because he begins to regret his decision to leave Roseanna.
(d) Because the full impact of Drenka's death finally hits him.
10. Which of the following does Sabbath do before leaving the cemetery?
(a) He prays for his family.
(b) He searches for the graves of people with whom he went to school.
(c) He pays for his plot and funeral.
(d) He cleans his family members' headstones.
11. Which of the following does Roseanna allude to when she talks to Sabbath in her hospital room?
(a) Killing Sabbath.
(c) Her father molesting her.
(d) Her brother's death.
12. What did Helen Trumbull (the girl whose breast Sabbath touched during one of his shows) tell the police officer who arrived to arrest Sabbath?
(a) That she wanted to file charges against Sabbath for sexual assault.
(b) That she allowed Sabbath to do it as part of his act.
(c) That she was been horrified and unable to flee the stage.
(d) That Sabbath had paid her for her performance.
13. Which of the following is the first thing that Sabbath does when he is alone in Deborah's bedroom?
(a) He takes a bath.
(b) He starts writing his will.
(c) He tries to climb out a window.
(d) He goes to sleep.
14. Why did Sabbath lose his job at the college in 1989?
(a) The college found out his credentials were fake.
(b) He showed up for classes late, and smelling of alcohol.
(c) He was too profane in his lecturing.
(d) He was accused of sexually harassing a student.
15. Why does Sabbath not want to be buried next to Drenka?
(a) He does not want to take Matija's place.
(b) He does not think that Matthew would allow it.
(c) He would feel more comfortable in a Jewish cemetery.
(d) He does not want Drenka's lovers visiting both of their graves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Norman make Sabbath leave his home?
2. Why does Rosa show Sabbath where Norman's family keeps their money?
3. At the end of Part 8, what does Sabbath do at the beach?
4. Who is Rosa?
5. How does Sabbath think that Michelle earned the money that she hid in her drawer?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)