|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Norman insist that Sabbath stay with him?
(a) Because he is worried that Matthew is trying to kill Sabbath.
(b) Because he knows that Sabbath does not have any money.
(c) Because he knows that he would feel guilty if he did not allow Sabbath to stay.
(d) Because he fears that Sabbath is contemplating suicide.
2. Which of the following is on top of the headstones belonging to Sabbath's grandparents?
(c) A candle.
(d) An American flag.
3. At the beginning of Part 6, Sabbath is likened to which of the following fictional characters?
(a) Prince Charming.
(d) Rip Van Winkle.
4. In Part 7, which of the following items is Michelle wearing when she goes in to see Sabbath in Part 7?
(a) A silk nightgown.
(b) A bathrobe.
(c) A towel.
(d) A kimono.
5. According to Crawford, who tends the Sabbath family's graves?
(a) No one.
(b) An elderly man.
(c) A man, younger than Sabbath.
(d) A woman, maybe their daughter.
6. How does Sabbath proposition Michelle to have an affair with him?
(a) He tells her that no other man would want her because of her age.
(b) He references her profession as an orthodontist, and asks her to check his teeth.
(c) He threatens to blackmail her with the Polaroids that he has found.
(d) He reminds her of Norman's diminished libido, and brags about his own experiences.
7. Which of the following items did Sabbath keep locked away in a file cabinet at the college where he worked?
(a) Pornographic magazines.
(b) Photographs of his female students.
(c) Tapes of his sexual conversations with students.
(d) Personal belongings of the women with whom he had slept.
8. What patriotic item which belonged to Morty does Sabbath discover?
(a) A draft card.
(b) A red, white, and blue yarmulke.
(c) A newspaper from D-Day.
(d) A gold coin.
9. Why does Sabbath refuse to read the newspapers that Norman gives him?
(a) Because he does not want to get newsprint on his hands.
(b) Because he is afraid that there will be a story about him.
(c) Because they often portray the Japanese in a positive light.
(d) Because he does not want to look at the obituaries.
10. Why does Rosa show Sabbath where Norman's family keeps their money?
(a) Because she does not like Norman.
(b) Because she thinks that he will kill her if she does not.
(c) Because she is hoping that he will give her a share.
(d) Because she feels sorry for Sabbath and wants to help him.
11. Which of the following does Roseanna allude to when she talks to Sabbath in her hospital room?
(a) Her brother's death.
(b) Killing Sabbath.
(c) Her father molesting her.
12. Which of the following historical figures does Sabbath mention when Michelle asks him why he pushes everyone away?
(a) Vlad the Impaler.
(c) The Marquis de Sade.
13. Which of the following does Sabbath do before leaving the cemetery?
(a) He searches for the graves of people with whom he went to school.
(b) He pays for his plot and funeral.
(c) He cleans his family members' headstones.
(d) He prays for his family.
14. While on the subway in New York, from which of the following plays does Sabbath recite lines?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(b) King Lear.
(c) The Merchant of Venice.
15. What does Michelle say about Helen as Sabbath is telling his story?
(a) That Helen must have been promiscuous if she did not mind what Sabbath did.
(b) That Helen should have filed charges against Sabbath.
(c) That Helen reminds Michelle of what she was like at that age.
(d) That Helen was brave, and reminds Michelle of her daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sabbath looking for at the beginning of Part 8?
2. Which of the following is Sabbath's reasoning for why Linc and Norman were so kind and helpful to him?
3. Where does Sabbath stop to ask questions when he cannot find the place that he seeks?
4. What happened when Sabbath took vodka to the hospital where Roseanna was being treated?
5. Why does Sabbath begin to cry while sitting at Norman's table?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)