|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to what he tells Michelle, why does Sabbath think that Norman has remained friends with him?
(a) Because well-bred people often need friends like Sabbath so that they can enjoy the seamy side of life without indulging in it personally.
(b) Because Norman does not realize the full extent of the terrible things that Sabbath has done.
(c) Because Norman feels sorry for Sabbath and wants to help him.
(d) Because Norman feels that it is his Christian duty to help Sabbath.
2. Which of the following reasons is Sabbath's justification for taking the money and pictures upon fleeing Norman's house?
(a) Norman has plenty of money and can always get more pictures of Michelle.
(b) Seeing them would destroy Norman.
(c) Sabbath plans on returning them at some point.
(d) Sabbath needs them more than Norman does.
3. Why does Norman insist that Sabbath stay with him?
(a) Because he fears that Sabbath is contemplating suicide.
(b) Because he knows that Sabbath does not have any money.
(c) Because he is worried that Matthew is trying to kill Sabbath.
(d) Because he knows that he would feel guilty if he did not allow Sabbath to stay.
4. Who is Crawford?
(a) One of Sabbath's former co-workers.
(b) Christa's husband.
(c) The psychiatrist to whom Norman referred.
(d) The caretaker of the graveyard where Sabbath's family plot is located.
5. During his first morning at Norman's, what does Sabbath consider as a potential reason to live?
(a) Roseanna calls and asks him to come home.
(b) Deborah comes home.
(c) Norman gives him money.
(d) He receives a job offer in New York.
6. What does Sabbath see in Fish's house?
(a) Morty's guitar.
(b) His father's hunting trophy.
(c) His mother's sideboard.
(d) His old record player.
7. How old was Sabbath when his brother, Morty died?
8. Where did Sabbath go after visiting Roseanna at the hospital?
(a) To see Kathy.
(b) To find a prostitute.
(d) To see Drenka.
9. According to what he tells Norman, what bothers Sabbath about his decision to leave New York?
(a) That he left a lot of things unfinished.
(b) That he misses his old job.
(c) That he wonders how successful he might have been as a director.
(d) That Nikki did not have a way of finding him after he left New York.
10. What does Sabbath think that Michelle is trying to communicate to him by what she is wearing?
(a) That she has decided to have an affair with him.
(b) That she is a nurturing, motherly type.
(c) That she is not interested in him sexually.
(d) That she wants him to respect her more.
11. How does Sabbath feel about his family plot being filled?
12. What does Sabbath ponder doing as he gives Michelle his clothes?
(a) Pushing Norman out the window, and taking all of his possessions, along with his family.
(b) Raping her.
(c) Forcing her to tell him where she keeps her jewelry and Norman's gun.
(d) Kidnapping her and leaving the state.
13. According to Crawford, who tends the Sabbath family's graves?
(a) A man, younger than Sabbath.
(b) A woman, maybe their daughter.
(c) An elderly man.
(d) No one.
14. How does Sabbath think that Michelle earned the money that she hid in her drawer?
(a) By stealing money out of her and Norman's joint checking account.
(b) By lying to Norman about how much she earned.
(c) By working a second job.
(d) By prostituting herself.
15. What does Sabbath say when Norman catches him with Deborah's picture?
(a) He calls Deborah "sweet".
(b) He says that she reminds him of his long-lost daughter.
(c) He asks Norman where she is.
(d) He tells Norman that she is ugly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sabbath not want to be buried next to Drenka?
2. Which of the following items did Sabbath keep locked away in a file cabinet at the college where he worked?
3. Which of the following was in the three-ring binder that Roseanna asked Sabbath to bring to her while she was in the psychiatric hospital?
4. Is Sabbath's breakdown in front of Norman staged or real?
5. How does Norman view Sabbath?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)