|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Norman call following Sabbath's fainting spell?
(b) A psychiatrist.
(d) A medical doctor.
2. During his first morning at Norman's, what does Sabbath consider as a potential reason to live?
(a) Norman gives him money.
(b) Deborah comes home.
(c) Roseanna calls and asks him to come home.
(d) He receives a job offer in New York.
3. According to Crawford, who tends the Sabbath family's graves?
(a) An elderly man.
(b) A man, younger than Sabbath.
(c) A woman, maybe their daughter.
(d) No one.
4. Which of the following is in the other envelope that Rosa pulls out of Michelle's drawer?
(a) Pictures of Michelle in lingerie.
(b) Plane tickets.
(c) Love letters from Michelle's first husband.
5. How was the 1989 scandal made public?
(a) The human resources office checked on the validity of Sabbath's degree.
(b) Students' parents called to complain about Sabbath.
(c) Sabbath's students went to the dean to complain about him.
(d) The girl whom Sabbath had sexually harassed left a tape of their conversations in the library.
6. Sabbath is convinced that the young woman he meets on the subway is whose daughter?
7. Which of the following is the first thing that Sabbath does when he is alone in Deborah's bedroom?
(a) He tries to climb out a window.
(b) He takes a bath.
(c) He starts writing his will.
(d) He goes to sleep.
8. Why did Sabbath lose his job at the college in 1989?
(a) He was too profane in his lecturing.
(b) The college found out his credentials were fake.
(c) He showed up for classes late, and smelling of alcohol.
(d) He was accused of sexually harassing a student.
9. Which of the following is Sabbath's reasoning for why Linc and Norman were so kind and helpful to him?
(a) They were successful and wealthy, and they got a thrill from producing an act as illicit as Sabbath's.
(b) They liked Nikki, and wanted Sabbath to succeed for her sake.
(c) They wanted to give something back to their community.
(d) They felt sorry for Sabbath.
10. Why does Sabbath think that Norman wants him to tell the story of his arrest?
(a) To convince Michelle to keep Deborah away from Sabbath.
(b) To stimulate Michelle.
(c) To make Michelle dislike Sabbath.
(d) To make Sabbath see the error of his ways.
11. What is Sabbath's response when Norman comments on his isolation from society?
(a) That it is the only way to shield himself from getting hurt.
(b) That it is the best preparation for death.
(c) That if he wanted relationships, he would have to give something back.
(d) That society has nothing to offer him.
12. What is Sabbath looking for at the beginning of Part 8?
(a) The cemetery where his mother is buried.
(b) Nikki's phone number.
(c) Dr. Graves' office.
(d) Christa's address.
13. Where does Sabbath stop to ask questions when he cannot find the place that he seeks?
(a) A police station.
(b) A supermarket.
(c) A car rental shop.
(d) A gas station.
14. Who is Crawford?
(a) Christa's husband.
(b) The psychiatrist to whom Norman referred.
(c) One of Sabbath's former co-workers.
(d) The caretaker of the graveyard where Sabbath's family plot is located.
15. What does Sabbath ponder doing as he gives Michelle his clothes?
(a) Forcing her to tell him where she keeps her jewelry and Norman's gun.
(b) Pushing Norman out the window, and taking all of his possessions, along with his family.
(c) Raping her.
(d) Kidnapping her and leaving the state.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sabbath proposition Michelle to have an affair with him?
2. Due to which of the following realizations does Sabbath claim that he fainted when Norman kicked him out?
3. What does Sabbath take upon leaving Fish's house?
4. Which of the following is on top of the headstones belonging to Sabbath's grandparents?
5. Which of the following does Sabbath do before leaving the cemetery?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)