|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sabbath think that Norman is throwing him out?
(a) Because Sabbath is a slob, and does not clean up after himself.
(b) Because Deborah is coming home soon.
(c) Because Norman is afraid that Sabbath will sleep with Michelle.
(d) Because Norman's co-workers are giving him trouble about having Sabbath in his home.
2. During which of the following months was Morty killed?
3. At the end of Part 8, what does Sabbath do at the beach?
(a) He cries for his brother.
(b) He feeds the sea gulls.
(c) He washes his filthy clothes in the ocean.
(d) He collects seashells.
4. Why does Sabbath think that Michelle is cheating on Norman?
(a) Because Michelle flirts with Sabbath.
(b) Because Norman has confessed that the medication he takes for depression is hard on his libido.
(c) Because Norman has told Sabbath that he thinks that Michelle is cheating.
(d) Because a man has called during the day, looking for Michelle.
5. Why did Sabbath take vodka to the hospital?
(a) Because he wanted to sabotage Roseanna's treatment.
(b) Because Roseanna begged him to take it.
(c) Because a young female patient agreed to have sex with him in exchange for it.
(d) Because he was planning on drinking it himself while he was there.
6. What is Sabbath's response when Norman comments on his isolation from society?
(a) That if he wanted relationships, he would have to give something back.
(b) That society has nothing to offer him.
(c) That it is the best preparation for death.
(d) That it is the only way to shield himself from getting hurt.
7. What does Crawford say about Sabbath's family?
(a) He remembers them.
(b) He does not remember them.
(c) He dislikes them.
(d) He likes them.
8. What does Sabbath say when Norman catches him with Deborah's picture?
(a) He says that she reminds him of his long-lost daughter.
(b) He tells Norman that she is ugly.
(c) He asks Norman where she is.
(d) He calls Deborah "sweet".
9. While watching the beggars on the street, Sabbath thinks that he has failed as a street performer because he has not done which of the following?
(a) Had enough money to realize his vision.
(b) Catered to the more refined tastes of the wealthy people who would actually pay to see his shows.
(c) Hired actors who are talented enough.
(d) Gone far enough in his quest for obscenity.
10. Why does Sabbath not want to be buried next to Drenka?
(a) He does not think that Matthew would allow it.
(b) He would feel more comfortable in a Jewish cemetery.
(c) He does not want Drenka's lovers visiting both of their graves.
(d) He does not want to take Matija's place.
11. Why does Sabbath begin to cry while sitting at Norman's table?
(a) Because the full impact of Drenka's death finally hits him.
(b) Because he thinks of all his miseries, and feels sorry for himself.
(c) Because he begins to regret his decision to leave Roseanna.
(d) Because he realizes how much he misses Nikki.
12. Who occupies the space next to Sabbath's mother?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother's brother.
(c) His mother's sister.
(d) His father's sister.
13. Which of the following historical figures does Sabbath mention when Michelle asks him why he pushes everyone away?
(b) The Marquis de Sade.
(c) Vlad the Impaler.
14. According to Crawford, who tends the Sabbath family's graves?
(a) A man, younger than Sabbath.
(b) No one.
(c) A woman, maybe their daughter.
(d) An elderly man.
15. Which of the following is the first thing that Sabbath does when he is alone in Deborah's bedroom?
(a) He takes a bath.
(b) He tries to climb out a window.
(c) He starts writing his will.
(d) He goes to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to what he tells Norman, what bothers Sabbath about his decision to leave New York?
2. How does Sabbath respond when Norman takes his hand?
3. Where did Sabbath go after visiting Roseanna at the hospital?
4. What is Sabbath looking for at the beginning of Part 8?
5. Why does Rosa show Sabbath where Norman's family keeps their money?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)