|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Rosa?
(a) Norman's daughter.
(b) Deborah's cousin.
(c) Norman's wife.
(d) Norman's maid.
2. Why did Sabbath feel that he had lost his job over the scandal?
(a) Because the world has it in for American men.
(b) Because he chose the wrong student with whom to have such a relationship.
(c) Because there was a lesson for him to learn by getting into trouble with Kathy.
(d) Because the college was already looking for a reason to fire him.
3. How was the 1989 scandal made public?
(a) Sabbath's students went to the dean to complain about him.
(b) The human resources office checked on the validity of Sabbath's degree.
(c) Students' parents called to complain about Sabbath.
(d) The girl whom Sabbath had sexually harassed left a tape of their conversations in the library.
4. What does Michelle say about Helen as Sabbath is telling his story?
(a) That Helen was brave, and reminds Michelle of her daughter.
(b) That Helen should have filed charges against Sabbath.
(c) That Helen reminds Michelle of what she was like at that age.
(d) That Helen must have been promiscuous if she did not mind what Sabbath did.
5. What does Sabbath say when Norman catches him with Deborah's picture?
(a) He calls Deborah "sweet".
(b) He says that she reminds him of his long-lost daughter.
(c) He asks Norman where she is.
(d) He tells Norman that she is ugly.
6. At the end of Part 8, what does Sabbath do at the beach?
(a) He washes his filthy clothes in the ocean.
(b) He feeds the sea gulls.
(c) He cries for his brother.
(d) He collects seashells.
7. What does Sabbath think that Michelle is trying to communicate to him by what she is wearing?
(a) That she is not interested in him sexually.
(b) That she is a nurturing, motherly type.
(c) That she wants him to respect her more.
(d) That she has decided to have an affair with him.
8. What does Sabbath take upon leaving Fish's house?
(a) A box of Morty's possessions.
(b) A few dollars.
(c) Some food.
(d) Letters from his mother.
9. How is Norman described when Sabbath sees him?
(a) He looks okay for his age.
(b) He has aged well and looks stately.
(c) He has aged even worse than Sabbath.
(d) He looks great and has not aged a day.
10. In Part 7, which of the following items is Michelle wearing when she goes in to see Sabbath in Part 7?
(a) A towel.
(b) A silk nightgown.
(c) A kimono.
(d) A bathrobe.
11. Which of the following is Sabbath's reasoning for why Linc and Norman were so kind and helpful to him?
(a) They wanted to give something back to their community.
(b) They liked Nikki, and wanted Sabbath to succeed for her sake.
(c) They felt sorry for Sabbath.
(d) They were successful and wealthy, and they got a thrill from producing an act as illicit as Sabbath's.
12. How does Norman view Sabbath?
(a) With reverence.
(b) With fear.
(c) With shame.
(d) With pity.
13. Why does Sabbath refuse to read the newspapers that Norman gives him?
(a) Because he is afraid that there will be a story about him.
(b) Because they often portray the Japanese in a positive light.
(c) Because he does not want to look at the obituaries.
(d) Because he does not want to get newsprint on his hands.
14. How does Sabbath feel about his family plot being filled?
15. Is Sabbath's breakdown in front of Norman staged or real?
(a) It is real.
(b) It is staged.
(c) Sabbath is not sure.
(d) It starts as a show, but then spirals out of control.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sabbath respond when Norman takes his hand?
2. Who is Fish?
3. While watching the beggars on the street, Sabbath thinks that he has failed as a street performer because he has not done which of the following?
4. Which of the following is in the other envelope that Rosa pulls out of Michelle's drawer?
5. How does Sabbath feel when he enters the Jewish cemetery?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)