|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sabbath think that Norman is throwing him out?
(a) Because Norman's co-workers are giving him trouble about having Sabbath in his home.
(b) Because Deborah is coming home soon.
(c) Because Sabbath is a slob, and does not clean up after himself.
(d) Because Norman is afraid that Sabbath will sleep with Michelle.
2. What does Sabbath do while riding the subway at the beginning of Part 6?
(a) He has a conversation with a homeless man.
(b) He mentally writes his own obituary.
(c) He writes a letter to Matija.
(d) He looks at all the girls, and tries to decide which one to seduce.
3. Who is Rosa?
(a) Norman's daughter.
(b) Deborah's cousin.
(c) Norman's wife.
(d) Norman's maid.
4. While watching the beggars on the street, Sabbath thinks that he has failed as a street performer because he has not done which of the following?
(a) Catered to the more refined tastes of the wealthy people who would actually pay to see his shows.
(b) Hired actors who are talented enough.
(c) Gone far enough in his quest for obscenity.
(d) Had enough money to realize his vision.
5. How old was Sabbath when his brother, Morty died?
6. Why did Sabbath take vodka to the hospital?
(a) Because he wanted to sabotage Roseanna's treatment.
(b) Because Roseanna begged him to take it.
(c) Because he was planning on drinking it himself while he was there.
(d) Because a young female patient agreed to have sex with him in exchange for it.
7. Which of the following does Roseanna allude to when she talks to Sabbath in her hospital room?
(a) Killing Sabbath.
(c) Her father molesting her.
(d) Her brother's death.
8. According to what he tells Norman, what bothers Sabbath about his decision to leave New York?
(a) That he wonders how successful he might have been as a director.
(b) That he left a lot of things unfinished.
(c) That he misses his old job.
(d) That Nikki did not have a way of finding him after he left New York.
9. What does Sabbath ponder doing as he gives Michelle his clothes?
(a) Kidnapping her and leaving the state.
(b) Raping her.
(c) Forcing her to tell him where she keeps her jewelry and Norman's gun.
(d) Pushing Norman out the window, and taking all of his possessions, along with his family.
10. Why does Sabbath think that Norman wants him to tell the story of his arrest?
(a) To make Sabbath see the error of his ways.
(b) To stimulate Michelle.
(c) To convince Michelle to keep Deborah away from Sabbath.
(d) To make Michelle dislike Sabbath.
11. Why did Sabbath lose his job at the college in 1989?
(a) The college found out his credentials were fake.
(b) He was accused of sexually harassing a student.
(c) He showed up for classes late, and smelling of alcohol.
(d) He was too profane in his lecturing.
12. Which of the following does Sabbath do before leaving the cemetery?
(a) He searches for the graves of people with whom he went to school.
(b) He cleans his family members' headstones.
(c) He pays for his plot and funeral.
(d) He prays for his family.
13. How does Norman view Sabbath?
(a) With reverence.
(b) With shame.
(c) With pity.
(d) With fear.
14. Which of the following is on top of the headstones belonging to Sabbath's grandparents?
(b) A candle.
(c) An American flag.
15. Why does Norman insist that Sabbath stay with him?
(a) Because he knows that he would feel guilty if he did not allow Sabbath to stay.
(b) Because he fears that Sabbath is contemplating suicide.
(c) Because he is worried that Matthew is trying to kill Sabbath.
(d) Because he knows that Sabbath does not have any money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sabbath go after visiting Roseanna at the hospital?
2. How was the 1989 scandal made public?
3. Which of the following reasons is Sabbath's justification for taking the money and pictures upon fleeing Norman's house?
4. What does Sabbath take upon leaving Fish's house?
5. How does Sabbath proposition Michelle to have an affair with him?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)