|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Norman view Sabbath?
(a) With reverence.
(b) With pity.
(c) With fear.
(d) With shame.
2. What is Sabbath looking for at the beginning of Part 8?
(a) Christa's address.
(b) The cemetery where his mother is buried.
(c) Dr. Graves' office.
(d) Nikki's phone number.
3. While on the subway in New York, from which of the following plays does Sabbath recite lines?
(a) Romeo and Juliet.
(c) King Lear.
(d) The Merchant of Venice.
4. According to what he tells Norman, what bothers Sabbath about his decision to leave New York?
(a) That he misses his old job.
(b) That he left a lot of things unfinished.
(c) That he wonders how successful he might have been as a director.
(d) That Nikki did not have a way of finding him after he left New York.
5. What does Sabbath say when Norman catches him with Deborah's picture?
(a) He says that she reminds him of his long-lost daughter.
(b) He calls Deborah "sweet".
(c) He tells Norman that she is ugly.
(d) He asks Norman where she is.
6. Which of the following is Sabbath's reasoning for why Linc and Norman were so kind and helpful to him?
(a) They felt sorry for Sabbath.
(b) They liked Nikki, and wanted Sabbath to succeed for her sake.
(c) They were successful and wealthy, and they got a thrill from producing an act as illicit as Sabbath's.
(d) They wanted to give something back to their community.
7. Which of the following does Sabbath do before leaving the cemetery?
(a) He cleans his family members' headstones.
(b) He pays for his plot and funeral.
(c) He prays for his family.
(d) He searches for the graves of people with whom he went to school.
8. Why does Sabbath think that Norman is throwing him out?
(a) Because Norman is afraid that Sabbath will sleep with Michelle.
(b) Because Deborah is coming home soon.
(c) Because Norman's co-workers are giving him trouble about having Sabbath in his home.
(d) Because Sabbath is a slob, and does not clean up after himself.
9. What did Helen Trumbull (the girl whose breast Sabbath touched during one of his shows) tell the police officer who arrived to arrest Sabbath?
(a) That Sabbath had paid her for her performance.
(b) That she wanted to file charges against Sabbath for sexual assault.
(c) That she was been horrified and unable to flee the stage.
(d) That she allowed Sabbath to do it as part of his act.
10. How does Sabbath feel about his family plot being filled?
11. Why did Sabbath take vodka to the hospital?
(a) Because Roseanna begged him to take it.
(b) Because he was planning on drinking it himself while he was there.
(c) Because a young female patient agreed to have sex with him in exchange for it.
(d) Because he wanted to sabotage Roseanna's treatment.
12. While watching the beggars on the street, Sabbath thinks that he has failed as a street performer because he has not done which of the following?
(a) Had enough money to realize his vision.
(b) Catered to the more refined tastes of the wealthy people who would actually pay to see his shows.
(c) Gone far enough in his quest for obscenity.
(d) Hired actors who are talented enough.
13. At the end of Part 8, what does Sabbath do at the beach?
(a) He collects seashells.
(b) He washes his filthy clothes in the ocean.
(c) He feeds the sea gulls.
(d) He cries for his brother.
14. What is Sabbath's response when Norman comments on his isolation from society?
(a) That society has nothing to offer him.
(b) That it is the best preparation for death.
(c) That it is the only way to shield himself from getting hurt.
(d) That if he wanted relationships, he would have to give something back.
15. How does Sabbath respond when Norman takes his hand?
(a) Sabbath wonders how much money he can convince Norman to give him.
(b) Sabbath thinks that he can parlay Norman's sympathy into at least a week's stay.
(c) Sabbath sits and stares at Norman in a dumbfounded way.
(d) Sabbath pulls away from Norman and runs out the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to what he tells Michelle, why does Sabbath think that Norman has remained friends with him?
2. Why does Norman insist that Sabbath stay with him?
3. Why does Sabbath not want to be buried next to Drenka?
4. During his first morning at Norman's, what does Sabbath consider as a potential reason to live?
5. What does Sabbath do while riding the subway at the beginning of Part 6?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)