|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sabbath's reply when Michelle tells him how highly Norman spoke of him?
(a) Sabbath does not care what Norman thinks; he only wants to know what Michelle thinks.
(b) Sabbath interrupts Michelle and changes the subject.
(c) Norman says those things to justify having someone of a lower social class at his dinner table.
(d) Sabbath is surprised that Norman thinks so highly of him.
2. Why did Sabbath take vodka to the hospital?
(a) Because he wanted to sabotage Roseanna's treatment.
(b) Because a young female patient agreed to have sex with him in exchange for it.
(c) Because Roseanna begged him to take it.
(d) Because he was planning on drinking it himself while he was there.
3. Why does Rosa show Sabbath where Norman's family keeps their money?
(a) Because she thinks that he will kill her if she does not.
(b) Because she is hoping that he will give her a share.
(c) Because she does not like Norman.
(d) Because she feels sorry for Sabbath and wants to help him.
4. During his first morning at Norman's, what does Sabbath consider as a potential reason to live?
(a) Deborah comes home.
(b) Norman gives him money.
(c) He receives a job offer in New York.
(d) Roseanna calls and asks him to come home.
5. How did Roseanna react when she first found out about the scandal concerning Sabbath?
(a) She started slapping and punching Sabbath.
(b) She tried to commit suicide with painkillers.
(c) She drove her car into a boulder, and then laid down on the road.
(d) In a rage, she went to Kathy's house to confront her.
6. One of the patients at the hospital where Roseanna was staying referred to Sabbath by the name of which of the following gods?
7. Which of the following was in the three-ring binder that Roseanna asked Sabbath to bring to her while she was in the psychiatric hospital?
(a) Roseanna's typed diary chronicling the last three years.
(b) A manuscript that Roseanna wanted to finish writing.
(c) Letters from her father that had been written just before his suicide.
(d) Notes from Roseanna's students.
8. How does Sabbath feel about his family plot being filled?
9. What does Crawford say about Sabbath's family?
(a) He likes them.
(b) He remembers them.
(c) He does not remember them.
(d) He dislikes them.
10. Who does Norman call following Sabbath's fainting spell?
(b) A medical doctor.
(d) A psychiatrist.
11. Who is Rosa?
(a) Norman's wife.
(b) Norman's maid.
(c) Norman's daughter.
(d) Deborah's cousin.
12. Why does Sabbath think that Michelle is cheating on Norman?
(a) Because Michelle flirts with Sabbath.
(b) Because Norman has confessed that the medication he takes for depression is hard on his libido.
(c) Because Norman has told Sabbath that he thinks that Michelle is cheating.
(d) Because a man has called during the day, looking for Michelle.
13. What does Sabbath say when Norman catches him with Deborah's picture?
(a) He says that she reminds him of his long-lost daughter.
(b) He calls Deborah "sweet".
(c) He tells Norman that she is ugly.
(d) He asks Norman where she is.
14. What does Sabbath think that Michelle is trying to communicate to him by what she is wearing?
(a) That she is a nurturing, motherly type.
(b) That she is not interested in him sexually.
(c) That she wants him to respect her more.
(d) That she has decided to have an affair with him.
15. While on the subway in New York, from which of the following plays does Sabbath recite lines?
(a) The Merchant of Venice.
(b) King Lear.
(c) Romeo and Juliet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Fish?
2. Which of the following does Sabbath do before leaving the cemetery?
3. Why does Norman make Sabbath leave his home?
4. How does Sabbath feel when he enters the Jewish cemetery?
5. At the beginning of Part 6, Sabbath is likened to which of the following fictional characters?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)