|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Sabbath's brother, Morty, die?
(a) He was stillborn.
(b) He had a terminal illness.
(c) He was killed during a mugging.
(d) He was shot down in World War II.
2. According to Norman, which of the following rumors did Linc never believe about Sabbath?
(a) That Sabbath had gotten Roseanna pregnant while he was married to Nikki.
(b) That Sabbath had murdered someone.
(c) That Sabbath was an alcoholic.
(d) That Sabbath had nothing to do with the disappearance of his first wife.
3. Why does Sabbath only visit Drenka's grave at night?
(a) He does not want anyone to be able to identify him if they see him there.
(b) He is afraid that he will run into her son or one of her many lovers.
(c) He does not like being in graveyards during the day.
(d) He does not want Roseanna to become suspicious.
4. How did Sabbath persuade Christa to allow him to come to her house?
(a) He posed as a police officer.
(b) He pretended to be a plumber.
(c) He told her that he could get her a job.
(d) He offered to buy one of her pieces of art.
5. In Part 2, why does Sabbath feel sorry for himself at Drenka's grave?
(a) Because he did not receive any sympathy for Drenka's death.
(b) Because no one in town would believe that he was capable of love.
(c) Because he is in a loveless marriage.
(d) Because Roseanna is not able to allay his grief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sabbath think that he should have been a pimp instead of a puppet master?
2. What new emotion is Sabbath experiencing at the beginning of Part 2?
3. Why does Roseanna hate Sabbath now?
4. Why does Sabbath begin to second-guess his decision to leave Roseanna?
5. How did Sabbath and Nikki meet?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)