|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What thought does Hyacinth have as he watches his mourning sister?
(a) That she should control herself.
(b) That she should fix her hair.
(c) That she should be happy now.
(d) That she is unlucky.
2. How far from the city is the house that Ruth and Harry buy?
(a) Seven miles.
(b) Half a mile.
(c) Two miles.
(d) Five miles.
3. What ailment has Daisy developed in Chapter XIX?
(a) Chicken pox.
(b) A cough.
(c) A fever.
(d) A sore throat.
4. Where did Dr. Hall grow up?
(d) New York.
5. What does Ruth note about hotel life in Chapter XXV?
(a) She meets many interesting people.
(b) The people and activities are the same year to year.
(c) It feels very isolated and cold.
(d) It is lavish and convenient.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Hall send to treat Daisy with in Chapter XX?
2. What physical signs of illness does Daisy have in Chapter XXII?
3. How does Dr. Hall view his first born grandchild?
4. Who is Dr. and Mrs. Hall's neighbor?
5. What does Ruth tease Daisy about when she is on the doorstep in Chapter XVI?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Biddy? How does she show her devotion to Ruth in Chapter XXXI?
2. What do Ruth and Daisy like to do together in Chapter XI?
3. How do Dr. Hall, Mrs. Hall, and the maid Betty each view the arrival of Harry and Ruth's daughter Daisy?
4. What is the only fault that Mrs. Hall finds when snooping around Ruth's house in Chapter XIV?
5. On what condition do the Halls agree to take Katy and Nettie in?
6. What does Dr. Hall do in Chapter XV to meddle in Ruth and Harry's lives?
7. What does Ruth tease Daisy about in Chapter XVI? How does Daisy respond?
8. In Chapter XXII, how does Dr. Hall know Daisy is near death when he sees he? What does he do to try and save her?
9. How does Harry react to his parents' interference in his married life?
10. In Chapter III, what opinions does Mrs. Hall have of Ruth and her family? How does she treat Ruth?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)