|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Biddy's surname?
2. What does Dr. Hall request for Tom Develin to send him?
(a) Harry's wristwatch.
(b) Harry's clothing.
(c) Harry's cufflinks.
(d) Harry's account books.
3. Where is Harry buried?
(a) Beside Daisy.
(b) In the forest he played in as a child.
(c) In the family plot.
(d) Behind his house.
4. After Harry's death, what do some gentlemen outside the hotel plan to do for Ruth?
(a) Help her with her accounting.
(b) Find a sitter for her.
(c) Find her a job.
(d) Take up a collection for her.
5. What does Mrs. Hall warn Dr. Hall he should not make fun of her for in Chapter XVIII?
(a) For her hearty laugh.
(b) For eating in such small bites.
(c) For wearing false hair.
(d) For walking with a limp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Skinlin fish for information about in Chapter XXX?
2. When Dinah sees Daisy, what does she think about Daisy's condition?
3. What figure does Mrs. Hall take objection to her son having a statue of?
4. What do Mr. Ellet and Dr. Hall each claim about each other in Chapter XXXIII?
5. What is ailing Ruth in Chapter XXXIV?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ruth tease Daisy about in Chapter XVI? How does Daisy respond?
2. What is the only fault that Mrs. Hall finds when snooping around Ruth's house in Chapter XIV?
3. Describe Mrs. Jiff.
4. What does Dinah tell Harry when she sees Daisy in Chapter XXI?
5. What complaints do Mrs. Hall and Dr. Hall have about Ruth in Chapter XVIII?
6. What does Katy remind Ruth of in Chapter XXIV?
7. What does Dr. Hall request of Tom Develin in Chapter XXXVII? Why does Tom agree to his request?
8. What do the Halls and Ruth's father quarrel over in Chapter XXXIII?
9. In Chapter V, why does Ruth decide not to tell Harry about his mother's treatment toward her?
10. Why does Mrs. Hall go to Ruth's house in Chapter XIII?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)