|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters LXXXI - XC.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Hall meddle in his son's business in Chapter XV?
(a) He takes control of the accounts.
(b) He orders supplies without Harry's knowledge.
(c) He hires a private investigator to bring him information on the company.
(d) He tells Harry's workers to obey his orders, not Harry's.
2. In Chapter XLV, what does the man who stops Katy in the street slip into her bag?
(b) A sandwich.
(c) Some candles.
(d) A pretty clip for her hair.
3. What does Mr. Walter tell Ruth in a letter in Chapter LXXX?
(a) That her contract is null and void.
(b) That she deserves a raise.
(c) That she is the most successful female author in America.
(d) That she is making a small fortune.
4. What sound can Daisy hear coming from the barn in Chapter XIX?
(a) Tinkling bells.
(b) Frightening squeals.
5. What is Ruth's brother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Halls' maid?
2. What does Mr. Walter say Ruth shouldn't feel toward Mr. Lescom?
3. In Chapter XXIV, how many years have passed since Daisy's death?
4. Once she begins working for Mr. Walter, what does Ruth NOT spend any of her time doing?
5. What does Mrs. Hall tell Ruth about after she has given birth?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)