|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters LXXXI - XC.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Ruth's two former friends refuse to stay at the boarding house in Chapter XLI?
(a) They are afraid of the other people staying there.
(b) They are afraid of the bugs and creatures crawling around.
(c) They are afraid for their reputations.
(d) They are afraid of imposing on Ruth.
2. What ailment has Daisy developed in Chapter XIX?
(a) A cough.
(b) Chicken pox.
(c) A sore throat.
(d) A fever.
3. What makes Ruth's new room uncomfortable in Chapter LV?
(a) It is extrememly bare.
(b) It is extremely cold.
(c) It is extremely small.
(d) It is extremely hot.
4. What treatment does Dr. Hall give Daisy when he arrives in Chapter XXII?
(a) He bleeds her.
(b) He doesn't give her any treatment.
(c) He bathes her in a hot mixture.
(d) He gives her medicine and waits by her side.
5. Where will Ruth and her daughters stay for a while before moving into their new home?
(a) A nice hotel.
(b) The boarding house.
(c) With Dr. and Mrs. Hall.
(d) A friend's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Grey?
2. What do Ruth and Daisy have a shared love for?
3. What does Mr. Walter guess when he reads Ruth's columns?
4. What does Dr. Hall tell his wife that Ruth couldn't care less about?
5. Who is Biddy?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)