|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters LI - LX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why isn't Ruth sad to be leaving home in Chapter I?
(a) Her home was very boring.
(b) She had an unhappy childhood.
(c) She knows she will return soon.
(d) She is excited about her new home.
2. Where is Harry buried?
(a) In the forest he played in as a child.
(b) Behind his house.
(c) Beside Daisy.
(d) In the family plot.
3. Why does Ruth go door-to-door in Chapter LIX?
(a) She has lost her purse.
(b) She is looking for her daughter.
(c) She is contacting newspaper editors.
(d) She begs for money.
4. What thought does Hyacinth have as he watches his mourning sister?
(a) That she should fix her hair.
(b) That she is unlucky.
(c) That she should be happy now.
(d) That she should control herself.
5. What does Dr. Hall destroy at Harry's home in Chapter XV?
(a) A bottle of liquor.
(b) Newly planted hedges.
(c) A manuscript.
(d) Love letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Ruth's new room uncomfortable in Chapter LV?
2. Who does Ruth find out sent she and her daughters the surprise deliver in Chapter XVIII?
3. Which religious order do the Halls follow?
4. In Chapter XLV, what does Ruth notice about the people in her neighborhood?
5. Who goes to tell Dr. Hall to come check on Daisy in Chapter XX?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)