|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters LI - LX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound can Daisy hear coming from the barn in Chapter XIX?
(b) Frightening squeals.
(c) Tinkling bells.
2. What makes Ruth's new room uncomfortable in Chapter LV?
(a) It is extremely cold.
(b) It is extremely hot.
(c) It is extremely small.
(d) It is extrememly bare.
3. Who is Biddy?
(a) Ruth's nursery maid.
(b) Ruth's personal maid.
(c) Mrs. Hall's neighbor.
(d) Ruth's cousin.
4. What does Mrs. Hall warn Dr. Hall he should not make fun of her for in Chapter XVIII?
(a) For wearing false hair.
(b) For her hearty laugh.
(c) For eating in such small bites.
(d) For walking with a limp.
5. Why does Ruth write to Hyacinth when she decides she will become a writer?
(a) He often has many innovative ideas.
(b) He is an editor for a magazine.
(c) He knows many people in the publishing field.
(d) He is good at networking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What idea does Ruth come up with to earn a living in Chapter XLVIII?
2. What does Mrs. Hall tell Ruth about after she has given birth?
3. What figure does Mrs. Hall take objection to her son having a statue of?
4. Where is Ruth staying with her family in Chapter XXIV?
5. Why do Ruth's two former friends refuse to stay at the boarding house in Chapter XLI?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)