|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters LI - LX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ruth feel mocks her when her husband is buried?
(a) Mrs. Hall's inappropriate attire.
(b) The natural beauty which surrounds the cemetery.
(c) The bright sunny weather.
(d) His will.
2. After Harry's death, what do some gentlemen outside the hotel plan to do for Ruth?
(a) Take up a collection for her.
(b) Find her a job.
(c) Help her with her accounting.
(d) Find a sitter for her.
3. Who is Miss Skinlin?
(a) A florist.
(b) A maid.
(c) A dressmaker.
(d) A tutor.
4. Why do the Halls agree to give Ruth some money in Chapter XXXV?
(a) So that she will leave them alone for good.
(b) Because she begs them for some.
(c) So that they will look good at church.
(d) Because they believe it is what their son would have wanted.
5. What does Dinah see which makes her investigate what is going on in Chapter XXI?
(a) A single shoe.
(b) A pool of blood.
(c) A light on in the house.
(d) A lantern thrown on the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Hall view his first born grandchild?
2. What does Gatty comment about white people in Chapter XLII?
3. What does Mrs. Hall convince Ruth to allow in Chapter LVII?
4. What fault does Dr. Hall find in Harry's medical treatment?
5. What does Mrs. Hall tell Ruth about after she has given birth?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)