|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXXI - XL.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ruth holding as she cries over Daisy in Chapter XXIV?
(a) A dried flower.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A trinket.
(d) A photograph.
2. Who is Dr. and Mrs. Hall's neighbor?
(a) Mrs. Jones.
(b) Mrs. Jamison.
(c) Mrs. Jacobs.
(d) Mrs. Janis.
3. Why isn't Ruth sad to be leaving home in Chapter I?
(a) She knows she will return soon.
(b) She is excited about her new home.
(c) Her home was very boring.
(d) She had an unhappy childhood.
4. What is ailing Ruth in Chapter XXXIV?
(b) A sore throat.
(c) A cough.
(d) A headache.
5. How does Biddy show devotion to Ruth and her family in Chapter XXXII?
(a) She offers to work without wages.
(b) She offers to take on more duties.
(c) She offers to work longer hours.
(d) She offers to relinquish her vacation time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Hall blame for Daisy's death?
2. Why do the Halls agree to give Ruth some money in Chapter XXXV?
3. What does Ruth first learn to do by her daughter's cradle?
4. Which religious order do the Halls follow?
5. What month is it in Chapter XXVI when Ruth and her family linger at the beach resort?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)