|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXXI - XL.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Hall's neighbor note about Ruth in Chapter XXIV?
(a) Ruth is a very kind and generous young woman.
(b) Ruth is very stylish.
(c) Ruth is taking Daisy's death very hard.
(d) Ruth has gained weight since she last saw her.
2. What do the Halls think the Ellet men are avoiding a discussion about in Chapter XXX?
(a) The reasons behind Harry's death.
(b) Ruth's future as a wage-earner.
(c) Who should now be financially responsible for Ruth and her girls.
(d) Who should try to comfort Ruth.
3. When does Daisy die?
(a) After breakfast.
(b) At dawn.
(c) Around noon.
(d) At dusk.
4. Where is Ruth staying with her family in Chapter XXIV?
(a) Beach Cliffe.
(b) River Bend.
(c) Lake Town.
(d) Ocean Downs.
5. What insect does Daisy amuse herself with in Chapter XVI?
(a) A caterpillar.
(b) A ladybug.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) A firefly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the letter to Dr. Hall from Mr. Ellet in Chapter XXXV say?
2. What season is it in Chapter XIX?
3. What is Ruth holding as she cries over Daisy in Chapter XXIV?
4. What ailment has Daisy developed in Chapter XIX?
5. What does Mrs. Hall vow to do by whatever means necessary in Chapter XXXV?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)