|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters LXXI - LXXX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Walter tell Ruth in a letter in Chapter LXXX?
(a) That she deserves a raise.
(b) That her contract is null and void.
(c) That she is the most successful female author in America.
(d) That she is making a small fortune.
2. What does Mrs. Hall vow to do by whatever means necessary in Chapter XXXV?
(a) Find a new husband for Ruth.
(b) Cut Ruth and her children out of her life.
(c) Rebuild her relationship with Ruth.
(d) Get Katy and Nettie from their mother.
3. Where did Dr. Hall grow up?
(d) New York.
4. What publication is John Walter the editor for?
(a) The Farmer's News Day.
(b) The Daily Post.
(c) The Household Messenger.
(d) City Life.
5. Who is Miss Skinlin?
(a) A maid.
(b) A tutor.
(c) A florist.
(d) A dressmaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Ruth and her daughters surprised by a deliver of in Chapter XVIII?
2. Which of the following best describes Dr. Hall's personality?
3. What is Biddy's surname?
4. Where does Ruth find a second writing job in Chapter LXIV?
5. What does Gatty comment about white people in Chapter XLII?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)