|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters LXXI - LXXX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What figure does Mrs. Hall take objection to her son having a statue of?
(c) The Virgin Mary.
(d) The goddess Venus.
2. Once she begins working for Mr. Walter, what does Ruth NOT spend any of her time doing?
(b) Making public appearances.
(c) Going to the post office.
(d) Answering letters.
3. What does a man ask Ruth to pay for in a letter in Chapter LXXII?
(a) His trip to New York.
(b) His child's clothes and food.
(c) His college tuition.
(d) His new house.
4. What is Ruth's pen name?
5. What does Dr. Hall request for Tom Develin to send him?
(a) Harry's clothing.
(b) Harry's cufflinks.
(c) Harry's wristwatch.
(d) Harry's account books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Hall convince Ruth to allow in Chapter LVII?
2. Why do Ruth's two former friends refuse to stay at the boarding house in Chapter XLI?
3. What thought does Hyacinth have as he watches his mourning sister?
4. What does Mr. Walter offer Ruth to write for him?
5. What do Ruth's friends laugh about spending $50 on in Chapter XLI?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)