|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters LXXI - LXXX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Hall snoop around Ruth's house looking for in Chapter XIII?
(a) Photographs or paintings of her family.
(b) Evidence of bad housekeeping.
(d) Love letters.
2. What does Mr. Tibbetts do when he finds out Ruth is leaving The Pilgrim?
(a) He makes a public announcement in the paper.
(b) He celebrates.
(c) He threatens Ruth.
(d) He sends an angry letter to his colleague.
3. Where do Ruth's two friends who come to visit her go to stay?
(a) The La Temps.
(b) The Merci.
(c) The Maison.
(d) The Bon Vivre.
4. Where does Ruth find a second writing job in Chapter LXIV?
(a) The Free Press.
(b) The Chronicle.
(c) The Pilgrim.
(d) The Times.
5. What figure does Mrs. Hall take objection to her son having a statue of?
(b) The Virgin Mary.
(c) The goddess Venus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Hall cut off Katy's curls?
2. How does Mrs. Hall view her first born grandchild?
3. Where do Ruth and her daughters move to in Chapter XXXV?
4. What does Ruth first learn to do by her daughter's cradle?
5. Where does Horace Gates work?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)