|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XXI - XXX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Daisy waiting on the doorstep for in Chapter XVI?
(b) Her father to return home.
(c) Rain to come.
(d) For her pet cat to return.
2. What figure does Mrs. Hall take objection to her son having a statue of?
(a) The goddess Venus.
(d) The Virgin Mary.
3. What does Mrs. Hall call Ruth to belittle her in Chapter III?
(a) A country bumpkin.
(b) A puny runt.
(c) An airheaded ninny.
(d) A frivolous doll.
4. What is the one thing that the Halls agree on completely?
(a) That Ruth is a sweet girl after all.
(b) That their son is perfect.
(c) That their son should have at least four children.
(d) That Ruth should be sent away.
5. What does Miss Skinlin fish for information about in Chapter XXX?
(a) What will become of Ruth and her daughters.
(b) How Ruth is grieving.
(c) What Ruth plans to do to make a living.
(d) What Mrs. Hall has done to help Ruth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ruth tease Daisy about when she is on the doorstep in Chapter XVI?
2. After Harry's death, what do some gentlemen outside the hotel plan to do for Ruth?
3. Which of the following best describes Dr. Hall's personality?
4. What sound can Daisy hear coming from the barn in Chapter XIX?
5. In Chapter XXIV, how many years have passed since Daisy's death?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)