|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XLI - L.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes to tell Dr. Hall to come check on Daisy in Chapter XX?
2. Why does Ruth go to the Millets' kitchen?
(a) To eat a bun.
(b) To do laundry.
(c) To make some tea.
(d) To borrow some sugar.
3. How does Mrs. Hall view her first born grandchild?
(a) As a barrier between she and her son.
(b) As a gift from God.
(c) As a noisy and smelly nuisance.
(d) As the reincarnation of her son.
4. How does Biddy show devotion to Ruth and her family in Chapter XXXII?
(a) She offers to work without wages.
(b) She offers to take on more duties.
(c) She offers to work longer hours.
(d) She offers to relinquish her vacation time.
5. Who are Betty and Gatty in Chapter XLII?
(a) Ruth's friends.
(b) Ruth's aunts.
(c) The women who run the boarding house.
(d) Two of the Millets' maids.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the boarding house housemaid decide to quit?
2. What are Ruth and her daughters surprised by a deliver of in Chapter XVIII?
3. What does Biddy hide her face with as she runs from the room in Chapter XXXII?
4. In Chapter XLV, what does Ruth notice about the people in her neighborhood?
5. Why doesn't Ruth tell Harry that his family is mistreating her?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)