|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters LXI - LXX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ruth holding as she cries over Daisy in Chapter XXIV?
(a) A dried flower.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A trinket.
(d) A photograph.
2. What is Mr. Walter's opinion of Ruth as a writer?
(a) She is an acquired taste.
(b) Her writing style is unique.
(c) She is a genius.
(d) Her writing has its flaws, but she has interesting ideas.
3. Who does Mrs. Hall blame for Daisy's death?
(d) Mr. Hall.
4. In Chapter XLIV, what does Mrs. Millet say Mr. Ellet wants her to do?
(a) Try to convince Ruth to move in with the Halls.
(b) Stop associating with Ruth.
(c) Take over all responsibility for Ruth's girls.
(d) Take a turn paying Ruth's stipend.
5. When does Ruth come to the Millets' kitchen?
(a) Every Monday.
(c) Every second weekend.
(d) On Thursdays.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Lescom complain about Ruth's columns in Chapter LXX?
2. Why do Ruth's two former friends refuse to stay at the boarding house in Chapter XLI?
3. Who does Hyacinth ask to convince Ruth to find another line of work?
4. Who is Mr. Ellet having dinner with in Chapter LXI?
5. What publication is John Walter the editor for?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)