Chapters I - X
1. Why isn't Ruth sad to be leaving home in Chapter I?
(a) Her home was very boring.
(b) She knows she will return soon.
(c) She is excited about her new home.
(d) She had an unhappy childhood.
2. What is Ruth's surname?
3. What is Ruth anxious about in Chapter I?
(a) How she looks.
(b) What the future holds.
(c) The weather.
(d) How her parents-in-law will treat her.
4. What color is the wreath that Ruth carries on her wedding day?
5. What is Ruth's brother's name?
6. Why is Ruth's brother particularly glad she has married?
(a) He knows she is happy.
(b) Her family will no longer have to support her financially.
(c) He knows the groom personally.
(d) She will move out and he will get her room.
7. What does Mrs. Hall call Ruth to belittle her in Chapter III?
(a) A country bumpkin.
(b) An airheaded ninny.
(c) A frivolous doll.
(d) A puny runt.
This section contains 4,804 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)