|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Sergei's sentence?
(a) Five years of hard labor.
(c) Three years of exile.
(d) One year of imprisonment.
2. Who does Andrei save when the Bobrov estate is destroyed?
3. What does Nicolai try to find?
(a) A partner to start a business.
(b) Supporters in his political bid.
(c) People to rise against the government.
(d) An assassin to kill the Tsar.
4. Who is Arina?
(a) Misha's daughter.
(b) A girl Popov goes out with.
(c) Peter Suvorin's sister.
(d) Nicolai's wife.
5. What organization is Procopy part of?
(a) The Raskolniki.
(b) The secret police.
(c) The monkhood.
(d) The rebellion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the marriage between Alexander and Tatiana like at first?
2. Who is Nadezhda in love with?
3. How does Rutherfurd characterize the serfs?
4. Whose meeting does Alexander attend?
5. What was Misha fighting in 1855?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Daniel die?
2. Why does Pinegin want revenge against Sergei, and how does he get it?
3. What is Mrs. Suvorin's relationship with Popov?
4. Describe the state of the opposition to the Tsar in Chapters 7 and 8.
5. Describe Popov's subversive activities.
6. What are Nicolai's views on religion?
7. What was Tsar Peter's plan for modernizing Russia?
8. What leads to Alexander Bobrov's arrest and imprisonment?
9. What is Karpenko's relationship with Nadezhda?
10. What role do Madame Adelaide de Ronville's salons play in Russka?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)