|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dmitri promise Rose?
(a) To become a preacher.
(b) To remember his father.
(c) Never to become a revolutionary.
(d) To get justice for his injuries.
2. How does Rutherfurd characterize the serfs?
3. What was Peter impressed by?
(a) Russian populism.
(b) The profitability of trade with the West.
(c) European ways.
(d) Chinese wisdom.
4. What is Alexander Bobrov seeking in 1802?
(a) A business partnership.
(b) An appointment with the new Tsar.
(c) A route out of Russka.
(d) A wife.
5. What does Nicolai tell Misha?
(a) That he will be alive as long as he (Nicolai) remembers him.
(b) That he is already dead.
(c) That he will live forever.
(d) That his legacy might be unrecognizable, but he will still be alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ilya leave Russia?
2. What does Vladimir Suvorin bring from the south?
3. Who is Madame Adelaide de Ronville?
4. Where does Sergei work after school?
5. What does Nicolai find when he reaches the country?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Tsar Peter's plan for modernizing Russia?
2. Why does Pinegin want revenge against Sergei, and how does he get it?
3. Describe Tatiana's relationship with Savva Suvorin.
4. What are Nicolai's views on religion?
5. Who is Madame Adelaide de Ronville, and what does Alexander Bobrov need from her?
6. Describe the state of the opposition to the Tsar in Chapters 7 and 8.
7. Who is Pavlo, and what is his role in Russka?
8. Describe Popov's subversive activities.
9. Describe Alexander Bobrov's imprisonment.
10. What is Alexander Bobrov's relationship with Sergei?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)