|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sergei's relationship with Olga?
(d) Half brother.
2. Who is Count Benckendorft?
(a) A reformer.
(b) An officer of the Third Department.
(c) A military office.
(d) An agent provocateur.
3. What does Vladimir Suvorin bring from the south?
(a) Political subversion.
4. Where does Sergei attend school?
(a) St. Petersburg.
(b) A convent school.
5. What is Popov knowledgeable about in his discussion on the train?
(a) Cultural developments.
(c) Radical politics.
(d) Economic theories.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sheshkovsky?
2. What was the priest at Russka accused of when the police arrived to arrest him?
3. Who is Novikov?
4. Who is making slow progress according to Peter?
5. What do the People's Will do in 1881?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Karpenko's relationship with Nadezhda?
2. Describe the conditions in Russia in 1891.
3. What happens to Nicolai and Grigory?
4. What leads to Alexander Bobrov's arrest and imprisonment?
5. What happens to the Jews in Russia after 1881?
6. Describe the state of the opposition to the Tsar in Chapters 7 and 8.
7. Describe Alexander Bobrov's imprisonment.
8. Describe Nicolai's discussion with Popov on the train to Moscow.
9. What is Mrs. Suvorin's relationship with Popov?
10. How does Rutherfurd describe the Russian experience of the Napoleonic War?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)