|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Alexander in 1913?
2. Where does Vladimir promise Rosa he will send Dmitri?
(a) The country.
(d) St. Petersburg.
3. What does Vladimir Suvorin bring from the south?
(c) Political subversion.
4. Whose meeting does Alexander attend?
(a) The Rosicrucians.
(b) The Raskolniki.
(c) The monkhood.
(d) The Freemasons.
5. Why does Ilya leave Russia?
(a) To escape persecution.
(b) To make money.
(c) To write a book.
(d) To escape from his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Suvorin's response to Ivan Romanov?
2. Who is Popov trying to decide in Chapter 10?
3. Who does Alexander want to marry?
4. Why does Madame Adelaide de Ronville propose to include Bobrov in her will?
5. Why has Nicolai's father asked him to return home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pinegin want revenge against Sergei, and how does he get it?
2. What happens to Nicolai and Grigory?
3. What happens to the Jews in Russia after 1881?
4. What leads to Alexander Bobrov's arrest and imprisonment?
5. Describe Savva Suvorin's arrival in Moscow.
6. Who is Pavlo, and what is his role in Russka?
7. Describe the conditions in Russia in 1891.
8. How does Daniel die?
9. Describe Popov's subversive activities.
10. Describe Nicolai's discussion with Popov on the train to Moscow.
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)