|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Alexander released from the Russka monastery?
2. What is Nicolai's relation with Misha?
3. What does Rosa Abramovich do after her father's death?
(a) Takes in piece work.
(c) Goes to work in a factory.
(d) Becomes a teacher.
4. What deadline does the Countess give Alexander?
(a) To impose reforms.
(b) To graduate from school.
(c) To marry Tatiana.
(d) To Russianize the South.
5. What does Nicolai tell Misha?
(a) That his legacy might be unrecognizable, but he will still be alive.
(b) That he will live forever.
(c) That he will be alive as long as he (Nicolai) remembers him.
(d) That he is already dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result in Russia of riots in Finland and uprisings in Ukraine?
2. What organization is Procopy part of?
3. Where does Sergei work after school?
4. What was the Decembrist conspiracy?
5. What does Tatiana interrupt in 1844?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Nicolai and Grigory?
2. Who is Madame Adelaide de Ronville, and what does Alexander Bobrov need from her?
3. Who is Pavlo, and what is his role in Russka?
4. How does Rutherfurd describe the Russian experience of the Napoleonic War?
5. Why does Pinegin want revenge against Sergei, and how does he get it?
6. What does Savva Suvorin do after he is freed?
7. What was Tsar Peter's plan for modernizing Russia?
8. What leads to Alexander Bobrov's arrest and imprisonment?
9. What are the political implications of the Tsar's acts during the Great War?
10. What is Karpenko's relationship with Nadezhda?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)