|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What idea caused Patriarch Nikon to be exiled?
(a) That the peasants should profit from their labor.
(b) That the Tsar should be subject to the people.
(c) That the church should have authority over the Tsar.
(d) That the peasants should have rights.
2. What is Boris' only option?
(a) Allying himself with a former enemy.
(b) Fleeing his region.
(c) Raising taxes on his peasants.
(d) Sending his children away.
3. Where are the Tatars in 1262?
(b) The northeast part of Rus.
4. Who dies Elena spend most of her time with?
(a) Her family.
(c) The Tsar.
(d) Her children.
5. What happens while Boris is away on the campaign?
(a) Stephen is killed.
(b) The Tsar takes his land.
(c) Elena gives birth to a son.
(d) His son dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose army is Mengu traveling with?
2. Where does Andrei follow Maryushka and her husband?
3. What is Andrei Karpenko's dream?
4. Who does Nikita's serving girl resemble?
5. Where is Ivan taken?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Yanka and what is her story?
2. What is the Bobrov family up to in 1647?
3. Who has the most power in this earliest chapter?
4. What problem is Boris Bobrov having with his estate and how does he solve it?
5. Who are the Raskolniki?
6. Describe the controversy over the icons in Russka.
7. How have conditions changed by 1066 AD?
8. Describe the lifestyles of Lebed and her people.
9. Describe Andrei Karpenko's relationship with Maryushka.
10. How does Stephen die?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)