|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Andrei follow Maryushka and her husband?
2. What has Ivan's father arranged for him?
(a) To be a page for Vladimir.
(b) To study law.
(c) To travel with the merchant convoy.
(d) To apprentice with a blacksmith.
3. Who is Maryushka married to?
(a) An officer.
(b) A merchant.
(c) A steward.
(d) A lawyer.
4. Who dies Elena spend most of her time with?
(a) Her children.
(b) The Tsar.
(c) Her family.
5. What is the capital of Russia in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Yanka have a relationship with?
2. What village is at the heart of the novel?
3. What happens to the son Elena bore?
4. How is power passed in Russia in 1067?
5. Who leads the rebels against Russka?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Tsar Ivan divides his estate?
2. Where does the novel begin?
3. Who are the Raskolniki?
4. What is the political situation in Russia when the novel leaps forward to 1647?
5. Describe the opposition between Ivan and his brother.
6. Describe the lifestyles of Lebed and her people.
7. What is the nature of the political system in 1067?
8. What has changed since the scenes set in 180 AD?
9. How does Stephen die?
10. What is the Schism?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)