|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the Boyar to have pains in his chest and feet when he leaves the house?
(a) He is old and dying.
(b) Yanka buried Peter's head near his door.
(c) A spell cast by an enemy.
(d) Wounds from a battle he fought.
2. Who does Nikita's serving girl resemble?
3. Who marries Milei's youngest son?
(a) The Boyar's daughter.
(b) Yanka's daughter.
(c) Peter's daughter.
4. What does Ivan do when his journey is interrupted?
(a) Enters a monastery.
(b) Turns to gambling and stealing.
(c) Returns home.
(d) Hides until he could continue.
5. Why are peasants leaving Boris' estate?
(a) The heavy taxes.
(b) The wars.
(c) The famine.
(d) The religious persecution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Stanislaus?
2. Who is Arina?
3. What does Mal tell him in answer to his question?
4. Who does Stephen say will help the peasants?
5. What does Ivan tell his parents he wants to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the Raskolniki?
2. Who has the most power in this earliest chapter?
3. What is the Schism?
4. Describe the uprising led by Stenka Razin.
5. What has changed by 1552?
6. Describe the setting and story being told when the story shifts to 1237.
7. What kind of political alliance does Milei suggest, and why does this injure Yanka?
8. Describe the lifestyles of Lebed and her people.
9. Describe the political state of Russia in 1262.
10. What is the nature of the political system in 1067?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)