|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose army is Mengu traveling with?
(a) Genghis Khan's.
(c) Prince Vladimir's.
2. What does Stephen change for the priests' sake?
(a) His religion.
(b) His language.
(c) Some icons.
(d) How much money he contributes to the peasants.
3. Who does Yanka have a relationship with?
(a) Shchek. Milei.
(b) Her father.
(c) Batu Khan.
(d) Genghis Khan.
4. What causes the Boyar to have pains in his chest and feet when he leaves the house?
(a) A spell cast by an enemy.
(b) Yanka buried Peter's head near his door.
(c) He is old and dying.
(d) Wounds from a battle he fought.
5. Who is Mengu?
(a) A slave.
(b) A Cumin warrior.
(c) A Mongol warrior.
(d) A Russian prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are peasants leaving Boris' estate?
2. Who is Arina?
3. Who does Stephen say will help the peasants?
4. Who do the Cossacks meet with during Bright Week?
5. When does Chapter 2 take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stephen die?
2. Describe the political state of Russia in 1262.
3. Describe the lifestyles of Lebed and her people.
4. What has changed since the scenes set in 180 AD?
5. Describe the setting and story being told when the story shifts to 1237.
6. Describe Ivan's story.
7. Describe the opposition between Ivan and his brother.
8. What happens when Tsar Ivan divides his estate?
9. What kind of political alliance does Milei suggest, and why does this injure Yanka?
10. Who is Yanka and what is her story?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)