|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sergei's relationship with Olga?
(b) Half brother.
2. When was Alexander released from the Russka monastery?
3. Why are Nicolai and Popov working for free?
(a) Because they are working for family.
(b) Because they are slaves.
(c) Because they have a plan.
(d) Because they are prisoners.
4. What do the people prepare to do as the Tsar's troops come for Daniel?
(a) Abandon their town.
(c) Burn themselves in the church.
(d) Retreat to the castle.
5. What organization is Procopy part of?
(a) The Raskolniki.
(b) The secret police.
(c) The monkhood.
(d) The rebellion.
6. How does Rosa Abramovich die?
(a) She is hit by a stray bullet.
(b) She is hit by a tram.
(c) She falls ill with cholera.
(d) She is trampled in a riot.
7. What happened to estates in the south when the Tsar Russianized?
(a) They were seized.
(b) They were consolidated.
(c) They were modernized.
(d) They were destroyed.
8. What does Nicolai try to find?
(a) Supporters in his political bid.
(b) People to rise against the government.
(c) An assassin to kill the Tsar.
(d) A partner to start a business.
9. What is the result in Russia of riots in Finland and uprisings in Ukraine?
(a) Government suppression.
(c) Civil war.
(d) War with Ukraine.
10. What does Popov obtain from Peter Suvorin?
(a) A salary.
(b) A storeroom.
(c) A few strong men.
(d) A promise of protection.
11. Who is Arina?
(a) A girl Popov goes out with.
(b) Misha's daughter.
(c) Nicolai's wife.
(d) Peter Suvorin's sister.
12. What deadline does the Countess give Alexander?
(a) To graduate from school.
(b) To Russianize the South.
(c) To impose reforms.
(d) To marry Tatiana.
13. What is the only escape from serfdom?
(b) Military service.
(c) Buying freedom.
14. What do the People's Will do in 1881?
(a) Recruit foreign aid against the Tsar.
(b) Start a revolution.
(c) Assassinate the Tsar.
(d) Secede from Russia.
15. Who does Dmitri find Vladimir naked with?
(b) Rosa Abramovich.
(d) Mrs. Suvorin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nicolai tell Misha?
2. What does Misha find out about Nicolai and Popov's situation?
3. Who is making slow progress according to Peter?
4. Who is Vladimir Ilych Unyanov?
5. What is Procopy present for?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)