|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Daniel accused of?
(d) Opposing the Tsar.
2. What was Novikov arrested for?
(a) His attempt on the Tsar's life.
(b) His views on religion.
(c) His advocacy of reform.
(d) His views on free speech.
3. Who is Arina?
(a) Nicolai's wife.
(b) Peter Suvorin's sister.
(c) A girl Popov goes out with.
(d) Misha's daughter.
4. When does the Tsar dissolve the duma?
5. Who is Vladimir Ilych Unyanov?
(a) A philosopher.
(b) A revolutionary leader.
(c) A landowner.
(d) The brother of a conspirator.
6. What was the priest at Russka accused of when the police arrived to arrest him?
(a) Subverting the church.
(d) Operating a Masonic press.
7. What is Sergei's relationship with Olga?
(c) Half brother.
8. Why does Madame Adelaide de Ronville propose to include Bobrov in her will?
(a) Because he has protected her.
(b) Because he is her lover.
(c) Because he is handsome.
(d) Because he is a relative.
9. What is Procopy present for?
(a) Interrogations of mutinous soldiers.
(b) The debate over whether the Tsar should submit to the church.
(c) Executions of captive soldiers.
(d) Voting on rights for the peasantry.
10. Under what condition will Bobrov be included in Madame Adelaide de Ronville's estate?
(a) If he marries Tatiana.
(b) If he manages her estate.
(c) If he protects her land in the legislature.
(d) If he proves himself worthy of her.
11. Who does Nicolai find on the train to Moscow?
(a) His father.
(b) Arina Romanov.
(c) Vladimir Suvorin.
(d) Yvgeney Popov.
12. How does Rutherfurd characterize the serfs?
13. What is Suvorin's response to Ivan Romanov?
(a) He nominates someone else for the position.
(b) He accepts the commission.
(c) He makes a counterproposal.
(d) He refuses his offer.
14. What happens to the streltsy?
(a) It becomes the basis for the Tsar's edicts.
(b) Is it crushed. It brings about reforms.
(c) It centralizes the government.
(d) It becomes the foundation for the Tsar's power.
15. What are the Rosicrucians dedicated to?
(a) Extending technical innovations.
(c) A new order.
(d) Protecting the old order.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pinegin get revenge on Sergei?
2. Who is Ivan Mazeppa?
3. Whose meeting does Alexander attend?
4. What does Rosa Abramovich do after her father's death?
5. By whom does Tatiana become pregnant?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)