|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Arina?
(a) Misha's daughter.
(b) Nicolai's wife.
(c) Peter Suvorin's sister.
(d) A girl Popov goes out with.
2. What is Alexander's response to Tatiana's pregnancy?
(a) He kills the child as a bastard.
(b) He gives it away.
(c) He raises the child as his own.
(d) He forces her to abort it.
3. What does Popov obtain from Peter Suvorin?
(a) A salary.
(b) A storeroom.
(c) A few strong men.
(d) A promise of protection.
4. What river is St. Petersburg on?
(a) The Danube.
(b) The Dneiper.
(c) The Don.
(d) The Neva.
5. What bothers Alexander about Mrs. Suvorin?
(a) Her demanding nature.
(b) Her sympathy for revolutionaries.
(c) Her relationship with Popov.
(d) Her daughter's behavior.
6. Who does Nicolai find on the train to Moscow?
(a) Arina Romanov.
(b) Yvgeney Popov.
(c) Vladimir Suvorin.
(d) His father.
7. What was Daniel accused of?
(a) Opposing the Tsar.
8. Who is Vladimir Ilych Unyanov?
(a) A landowner.
(b) A revolutionary leader.
(c) A philosopher.
(d) The brother of a conspirator.
9. What deadline does the Countess give Alexander?
(a) To graduate from school.
(b) To Russianize the South.
(c) To impose reforms.
(d) To marry Tatiana.
10. What was Sergei's sentence?
(b) Three years of exile.
(c) Five years of hard labor.
(d) One year of imprisonment.
11. What kind of poetry does Sergei recite at the Feast?
(a) Dramatic poetry.
(b) Religious poetry.
(c) Love poetry.
(d) Political poetry.
12. How does Rutherfurd characterize the serfs?
13. How does Rosa Abramovich die?
(a) She is hit by a tram.
(b) She falls ill with cholera.
(c) She is trampled in a riot.
(d) She is hit by a stray bullet.
14. What do the people prepare to do as the Tsar's troops come for Daniel?
(b) Retreat to the castle.
(c) Abandon their town.
(d) Burn themselves in the church.
15. What is Alexander Bobrov seeking in 1802?
(a) A route out of Russka.
(b) A wife.
(c) A business partnership.
(d) An appointment with the new Tsar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Alexander see visit the Suvorin house?
2. What do the People's Will do in 1881?
3. What was Peter impressed by?
4. What are students preaching in the villages in the mid-1800s?
5. What is Nicolai's relation with Misha?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)