|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What begins in 1839?
2. What was Novikov arrested for?
(a) His views on religion.
(b) His views on free speech.
(c) His advocacy of reform.
(d) His attempt on the Tsar's life.
3. What is Popov knowledgeable about in his discussion on the train?
(a) Cultural developments.
(c) Radical politics.
(d) Economic theories.
4. How long has Nicolai been in St. Petersburg in 1891?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 6 months.
(c) His whole life.
(d) 10 years.
5. What is the marriage between Alexander and Tatiana like at first?
6. What is Alexander's response to Tatiana's pregnancy?
(a) He raises the child as his own.
(b) He forces her to abort it.
(c) He kills the child as a bastard.
(d) He gives it away.
7. What does Misha find out about Nicolai and Popov's situation?
(a) That they are planning to join the reformers.
(b) That they are planning to join the army.
(c) That they are planning a business deal involving land.
(d) Nothing except that there is a gap between him and his son.
8. What was the priest at Russka accused of when the police arrived to arrest him?
(a) Operating a Masonic press.
(b) Subverting the church.
9. What does Vladimir Suvorin bring from the south?
(c) Political subversion.
10. What does Nicolai find when he reaches the country?
(b) Food shortages.
11. What happens in the duel between Sergei and Pinegin?
(a) Pinegin is killed.
(b) Sergei is killed.
(c) Sergei is injured.
(d) Neither man is injured.
12. What does Popov obtain from Peter Suvorin?
(a) A storeroom.
(b) A few strong men.
(c) A promise of protection.
(d) A salary.
13. Whose meeting does Alexander attend?
(a) The monkhood.
(b) The Rosicrucians.
(c) The Raskolniki.
(d) The Freemasons.
14. By whom does Tatiana become pregnant?
(a) A Cossack officer.
(b) A Hussar officer.
(d) A Tatar officer.
15. What bothers Alexander about Mrs. Suvorin?
(a) Her demanding nature.
(b) Her daughter's behavior.
(c) Her sympathy for revolutionaries.
(d) Her relationship with Popov.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tatiana interrupt in 1844?
2. What is Alexander Bobrov seeking in 1802?
3. Who is Madame Adelaide de Ronville?
4. Who is making slow progress according to Peter?
5. What kind of poetry does Sergei recite at the Feast?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)